• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Cataclysmic Proportions

(Here's the link to discussion)

Marina tensely observed from her seat on the ground what members of her team were roaming around the survival fortress, having nothing much to do except keep an eye on her pokemon to make sure they didn't stir up any trouble. She hardly paid any attention to the other people in the room, constantly glancing down at her sick Chesnaught's pokeball and frowning.

A significant distance away, Tierra was glaring mistrustfully at anyone who bothered looking the Meowstic's way, standing rigidly the whole time. Majora lay against a wall, alternating between lazily scratching her head and yawning; Shex paced anxiously besides her while growling worriedly to himself.

Daniel walked through the dome on his way to get rations for himself and his Pokemon. Mei clutched tightly to his shoulder. Grey followed Daniel as he wandered almost aimlessly through the dome. The Trainer missed Kalos dearly, but was happy to even be alive. Mei looked at a Meowstic as Daniel passed by her. The Meowstic gave disapproving glare. The Ice-Type's eyes watered, which soon esclated into a cry. Daniel looked at his sickly Pokemon and tried to comfort her.

Stella was also walking through the dome to pick up Crystal's Pokemon food. Burst was on her left side, sticking uncharactaristicly close to the Trainer. On her right was Ashley, keeping a close eye on Crystal. The little Alolan Vulpix would frolic for a bit, then run out of breath and stop for a moment, then resume playing after it took a breather. Suddenly, Ashley's ear twitched. She looked over and took off, nearly tripping Stella, who ran after her partner. She soon realized what the ruckus was: a Trainer was trying to soothe a crying Vulpix. Crystal ran over, nosing the Trainer's leg as if to say, "Can I help out?"

Illusive and Marona were sleeping together in a box right outside the shelter.The two Pokemon showed no signs of being sick. The two were cuddling in their sleep. Illusive woke up and peeked up out of the box. Illusive still didn't understand why so many Pokemon died. He was worried for Marona's safety. He saw inside the shelter there were many Pokemon he no longer saw in the wild. He assumed that whatever the danger was he and Marona would be safer in there. He got out of the box and dragged it up to the shelter door. He then started scratching at the door trying to open it.

Tierra rolled her eyes at the crying Vulpix, taking a step back when another alolan Vulpix and a Quilava approached it and its trainer with apparent concern. Considering the risk of them wanting to start a fight, she stared down at the ground, her frown turning more contemplative. The Mightyena made a snorting sound, having watched the whole situation unfold and calling Tierra's bluff. Shex stopped pacing to watch the two trainers and their pokemon, anxious about whether he would be approached for any reason or not.

Marina had been thinking about something intently, only now noticing that a couple trainers seemed to be worried over an alolan Vulpix. Something about one of them seemed to have annoyed her, as she stood abruptly with a slightly frustrated look on her face and walked up to the door. The trainer discerned small scratching noises coming from outside, but was hesitant as she contemplated how to react.

Illusive crawled back in the box with Marona and continued scratching at the entrance in there. Marona woke up and looked confused. Illusive then pointed at all the Pokemon that were all dead in the wild but we're alive in the shelter. Marona then understood that they would be safe from whatever was causing all the death in the wild. Marona then winked at Illusive then used fake tears to start crying? Illusive started to nuzzle Marona. He understood that she was trying to get them in. He didn't like the amount of strangers in the shelter, but he was sure it was safer then the wild.

Robby was sat a small distance from the other trainers, watching his Sableye, Gem, eat his lunch. The only other Pokémon out of his was his Bewear, Roosevelt, who was there at their side for protection. Robby reached his hand hand up and began to scratch his dear friend, a vocalless way to express he appreciates him being there to protect them.

He raised his head to see a crying Alolan Vulpix. "Not again." He thought to himself. As he rested his hands in his head, he heard what almost sounded like a cry. He lifted his head and sat still to figure out where it was coming from. "Stay here, guys." He said, as he got up, patting Gem on the head as he took a few steps away from his Pokémon.

He glanced near the doors to see two small Zoruas crying at the door. He quickly walked over, and stared at the two small Pokémon for a second before quickly unlocking the door and opening it, allowing the small Pokémon to enter. "Come on in. And hurry." He said to them, in a soft spoken voice.

Illusive got out of the box ,and he dragged it inside. Marona stopped crying once they were inside. Illusive got back in the box with Marona. Illusive looked over at Crystal. He said in the Pokemon language to Crystal" Are you a friend fluffy? If you are want to come join us. We can take naps together and play together if you wish. Just don't try to separate me from Marona. You know the beautiful shiny Zorua next to me." Marona crawled under Illusive to hide from the large amount of new people and Pokemon.

"Mei, calm down please," Daniel said as he tried to soothe the fox pokemon. Daniel felt his leg get nudged. The trainer looked down, only to see another Alolan Vulpix."Oh, look maybe this one can cheer you up." He grabbed his vulpix and set her on the floor. Mei tried to resist, but failed. When she saw who her trainer was gesturing towards, Mei instantly perked up.

Crystal wagged her tails and yipped. Stella smiled. "This is Crystal," she told the other Trainer. Burst gave a wary glance at Crystal's new playmate. His cheeks crackled, but he didn't do anything. Stella sighed at her companion's mistrust. "And that's Burst, and Ashley." Again, Ashley was watching Crystal closely as the little Vulpix attempted to play with the other one. "I'm Stella," Stella introduced herself.

Illusive slowly approached Crystal. Marona followed behind Illusive. Illusive slowly sniffed Crystal. He glanced nervously at the trainers then nuzzled Crystal. Marona hid under Illusive ,and she waited to see Crystal's response. Illusive asked Crystal in the Pokemon language"Are you a friend?"

Crystal looked at the approaching Zorua and tipped her head. She was about to say something when Ashley bolted up and brushed Crystal's side, trying hard not to flare up since that made the Ice-Type upset. "Might I ask who you are?" Ashley said through clenched teeth. The red spots on her fur began to softly glow. Crystal made a small noise, but did not intervene.

Marona was startled by Ashley's sudden intervention. She started to cry because she was scared of Ashley. Illusive saw that Marona was crying. He said to Ashley" You made Marona cry! Just because we trust your fluffy friend it doesn't mean we trust you. You scared her. Your red spots look like they are about to catch fire. Are you going to hurt Marona! If you are going to hurt her I cannot let you live!" He started to growl at Ashley.

Crystal backed away, knowing that Ashley was about to blow. "I'm not going to hurt anyone unless you pull something," the Quilava snarled. Her flames burst to life.
Burst sailed over. "You do something to her and I will kill you," he said, cheeks still crackling. "Don't think I won't." He looked Illusive over. Could he be the one that killed Alyx?

Illusive said to the other Pokemon" I won't let you separate me from Marona. We are all we have left. I try to make a new friend and now your going to try to hurt her! I come here because I thought it would be safer for Marona in here." Marona started to cry even louder. She felt even more threatened then before. She said" Brother don't let them hurt me." Illusive tried to think of a way to knock out two clearly stronger Pokemon. He said" I don't care if I'm weaker then both of you. I will find a way to protect Marona from you. I won't let anything take anyone else from us. We have already lost everything but each other. If you are threats to Marona I need to get rid of you. If you weren't trying to hurt Marona you would have appologized for scaring her instead of getting ready to attack. You must want to hurt her. I won't let you hurt her!"

Ashley's flames grew even brighter. "If we were trying to hurt her, she'd be running away with her tail on fire!" she shouted. Burst's eyes began to glow blue as he started using Psychic, but a red beam engulfed him and Ashley before any damage could be done.
"Jeez o Pete's!" Stella exclaimed as she brought back her Pokemon. Crystal, who had been close to tears, gave a frosty breath of relief.
"I'm Crystal," she told Illusive and Marona. "Please don't cry, they're just a little...Overprotective. Ashley probably thought you were going to do something, and, well, she's...like a Mom to me. And Burst's just not trusting."

Marona continued to cry. Illusive noticed that Stella put the Pokemon back in their pokeballs before they could hurt him or Marona. Illusive said" Well with those Pokemon it isn't safe for Marona here. It would be safer in the wild where we had to run as the rest of our pack was killed. At least in the wild you can run from the dangerous Pokemon. We cannot run away in this building. Sorry Crystal but I would rather have somewhere to run then nowhere to run." Illusive then noticed the door was closed. He said" Well I cannot leave even if I want to though. And I really want to leave. I should have never brought Marona here. Now those Pokemon are going to try to kill Marona again. And I will eventually have to fight them. I need to get stronger to protect Marona from them."

Stella noticed that one of the Zoruas was crying. She muttered something under her breath about Ashley and Burst as she reached down to try and pet it. Crystal looked on anxiously, hoping that the more aggressive one wouldn't attack. She looked to Illusive again. "I think maybe I could try and tell them that you were just trying to be nice," she tried. Not that either of them would likely listen, but there was a chance.

Illusive noticed Stella trying to pet Marona. He tensed up, but he didn't attack. Marona continued to cry. She said"Mean Pokemon going to kill Me and Illusive." Illusive nuzzled Marona for a second then sniffed Stella's hand. He said" You didn't let those Pokemon hurt Marona. You can be trusted human." He then started to nuzzle Stella.

Marina had returned to her seat on the floor. The two Zorua that had walked inside, appearing to be in good health, had given her an idea. She was now glancing between her Luxray and Mightyena, almost looking hopeful despite her furrowed brows and pensive frown.
The Meowstic sighed quietly, glad that in the drama between the dark-type foxes and trainer-owned pokemon, the alolan Vulpix's outburst had been forgotten. She spotted her trainer and narrowed her eyes, suspicious of what Marina might be plotting.
Shex had watched the proceedings warily, every muscle tensed for action. Illusive's act of peace seemed to settle him down a little, for he growled something under his breath before relaxing from his tense pose, though he never stopped glancing around as if something would appear out of thin air with the sole intent of killing him. Majora barked at the foxes, trying to be helpful, "I think the humans are about to get some food for everyone! You should follow them!"

Gem's ears perked up, seeing the new Pokémon that came from from outside the safe area. The young Sableye quickly made his way to the two Zorua's, his tiny feet echoing as he went. Roosevelt let out a small scuff, the large Bewear following slowly behind his companion.

Robby lightly opened his mouth, but stopped himself trusting his Pokémon to be safe around the pair. He walked slowly around the area by himself, in deep thought, hands stuffed in his pockets as he kept making glances at his Pokémon.

Illusive stood protectively in front of Marona. He said to the Pokemon that approached him and Marona" Are you going to hurt Marona too? You better not hurt her." Marona looked up at Stella and started to whimper. Illusive said to Marona" It's ok we can trust that human." Marona then nuzzled Crystal. She said" Why do you and your trainer be friendly if other of your trainer's Pokemon want to eat me?"

"Like I said, those two are way overprotective and probably thought Illusive was going to attack," Crystal replied. "I don't think they wanted to eat you."

Stella gave a smile. "Hey, we were just on our way to get some food. Are you two hungry?" she offered.

Marona nodded at Stella. She started to wag her tail happily. She crawled on Illusive's back. Illusive looked back to see Marona. He licked her face then walked over to Crystal. He started to nuzzle her. He said" Your so soft. I like soft things." He then looked up at Stella.