• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Camp Showdown Season 1 Discussion

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Welcome to camp showdown, a reality Tv show set on a deserted island were contestants must battle each other in challenges for a 1million dollar cash prize. At the end of each day one contestant will be sent home and never be heard from again. (Not really, read section “How to play”) So good luck contestants, and Don’t fuck it up. (Yes I’m stealing that from drag race but I don’t care what you think)

Hi peeps, I know I’ve made RP’s in the past that aren’t well thought out but I had this idea and have been planning it for a while now, hope you like it.

Camp Showdown will be a medium paced RP you will have time to relax and communicate with each other and make plots like alliances and stuff between challenges and eliminations. Its expected for you to be able to post at least twice a week.

You will be playing as a band new contestant to Camp Showdown, which is set on an island in the middle of the pacific. The island contains dorms for the contestants and a cafeteria area for meals. Also on the island is the confession room which will work a bit differently to how you might expect in a normal reality tv show. The buildings are grimy and disgusting and the contestants will go through hell while living there, so join up and have some fun.

Once the RP has started there will be no knew signups but depending on how well this does there could be possible other seasons to partake in.

You can have up to 3 contestants in this game and I recommend having multiple contestants so you can still have some fun even if one of you gets eliminated.

Now I’ll explain how to actually play. Create a contestant and arrive at the island. I will give you a challenge which you must complete and then one or two of you will win. This person is safe and cannot be eliminated.

At eliminations you can message me privately anywhere (Don't know myself if its even possible but yeah) and after I tally the votes one of you will be sent home. If you don’t vote or forget to vote you will receive a strike on your character. If you get 3 strikes you will automatically be eliminated (Don’t worry if you aren’t as active as you will be given plenty of time to reply, no rush) this is where having multiple characters may come in handy as if you are eliminated you can still RP but if your character gets eliminated, don’t be discouraged as there will be rejoins and other opportunities for y’all to come back.

Confessionals in this RP will be areas where you can let out your emotions and frustration. Or just wanna say something. If you are doing a confessional, so we don’t get confused please go CT: (Stands for Confessional Time) before you begin and a return afterwards. This way we don’t get confused.

Also side note, please be respectful to other RPer’s this isn’t real and you don’t need to get angry so be respectful and nice to each other.

Challenges in this RP will be actual challenges, for example a challenge could be type a poem and the best will win or badfic or something like that. It won’t just be an obstacle course or a fashion show. This is so we can be fair and don’t argue about the winners of challenges.

Also you will get a strike if you don’t participate in challenges but there will be plenty of time to reply so don’t worry if your not as active.

Normal RP rules apply

Romance is allowed

Violence is allowed as well but keep it low-key

Posts must be at least a paragraph long. (They can be filled with conversation with other contestants or Confessionls or whatever)

Put “Stroodle” somewhere in your character sheet so I know you read the rules.

Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other:

Jessica is the host of Camp Showdown and will be the one guiding eliminations and assigning challenges to contestants. She is upbeat and happy but doesn’t really care about the needs of her contestants and treats them more as lab rats than human beings.
Regan id the chef of this show. He may appear sometimes in challenges but mostly contestants will see him during their morning meals. He is stern and hardly talks. He doesn’t care about taste and only about nutritional value. You might not want to eat any of his food.
Interns will be some comedic reliefs that will barely be posted about, they will just be mentioned for that occasional joke or 2.

If you think I need anything more or have any questions than feel free to ask below. :)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I’m bored. Good RPs are scarce. There weren’t a billion responses here. So here I am XD

Name: Acerona “Ace” Johansson
Appearance: Short, badly-cut, bright red hair. Sparse freckles dot her nose and cheeks. Her eyes are dark brown, almost black, and hardly ever show emotion. A small, upturned nose, sharp cheekbones and jawline, and a harsh, self-deprecating, often scowling twist of her lip. Wears a black leather jacket over an army-green cropped shirt. Black jean shorts with a chain at the left hip complete her look.
Sexuality: Demisexual
Personality: Hardened by years of difficulty, Ace is a harsh, mistrusting individual with a knack for getting into fights. Predisposed towards thinking negatively about people, she is quite pessimistic and cynical. Prefers to rely on tactics rather than strategy, and her trusty knife goes with her wherever she goes. Knows where vital spots are and is not afraid to aim for them. Unafraid to kill or be killed. Although she may not seem it, she is quite an adept flute player.
Backstory: Her parents both died when she was young, and was cared for by her older brother until she was old enough to fend for herself. She first learned to use a knife at age four, and the flute at age five. She became skilled in both areas, and excelled in physical tasks. Unfortunately, she fell short in all areas of teamwork due to her lack of trust in people. She’d never had a friend in her life, and came to Camp Showdown to win, just because she knew she could. Bragging rights is her main objective.
Other: Stroodle noodle, I want a poodle.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
WHO DARES SUMMON M-oh hey an RP. Okay

Name: Marcial Literen
Appearance: 5'11/Tanned skin/ Pretty skinny/ Black hair and eyes/Slight muscle
Marcial wears a blue hoodie over his red undershirt, jeans, and sneakers. Since he prefers to be comfortable rather than flashy, he often looks unkempt and dirty.
Sexuality: He hasn't thought about it yet.
Personality: He doesn't look like someone with a Brown belt in karate. Cheerful and upbeat, he rarely gets serious unless the situation calls for it. He's also pretty peaceful, prefering to talk things out before getting physical. Due to a mostly friendless background, however, he's not very well-versed in social conversation, and his bluntness and joking sarcasm can often come off as rude.
Backstory: As a kid, Marcial was bullied for his love of fiction books. To combat this, literally, he learned martial arts for self-defense. It took a while, but he eventually became a brown belt at 16 years old. Why did he join Camp Showdown? He had nothing else to do, maybe it'll be fun.
(Yeah it's pretty bad. I'll flesh it out later.)
Other: I found out what a stroodle is. No I'm not okay.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Kaito Nogitsune
Appearance: Kaito is tall and lean, standing at 6'5" with brilliant yellow eyes and dark grey hair in a short well kept style. He has a tattoo of a rose on his neck with the thorny stem of the rose running along his shoulder and down his back ending at his tail bone. He has a small scar under his right eye from falling over as a child. He wears nice grey trainers, dark trousers, a shirt with the top buttons not done up and a sleek black overcoat. He also wears a crescent moon medallion.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Kaito is generally well mannered and likes to make sure he is of use to people. He is very smart and kind and makes sure that others are ok before worrying about himself. He likes to chill out as well, whether it's playing guitar or drawing. He doesn't like bullies and finds rebellious types annoying. He has a fear of heights and hates to be pushed around.
Backstory: Kaito was raised in a particularly well off house hold. He usually had plenty of money on hand and got along well with his life and school in general. He decided to go on Camp Showdown as a publicity stunt (a suggestion from his father) but secretly he just wanted to get away from it all and do something fun.
Other: StRoOdLe

Name: Daisy Reaper
Appearance: Daisy is average height standing at 5'6" and weighing around 118lbs. She has grey hair, grey eyes and is relatively skinny but mature in the way her body is built. She has freckles across her face and wears a pair of black glasses. She wears a tight fit black hooded leather jacket, black skinny jeans, black boots and black gloves.
Sexuality: Homosexual
Personality: She seems rather sullen at times but is generally quite light hearted and gentle. She likes playing chess, making people feel better and reading. She dislikes maths, bullies and feeling inferior.
Backstory: Daisy lived in a pretty, shitty household by her standards, her father was a drunkard and her mother was a racist, homophobe. She never came out to them and couldn't wait to move out and did so at age 17, she moved into a small apartment, she joined Camp Showdown to be different, and because her parents loved game shows and she wanted to spite them by being on one.

Name: Grace Lightwood
Appearance: Grace is quite small standing at 5,4" and weighing 118lbs. She has pale pink hair, blue eyes and an athletic build. She wears a white t-shirt under a denim jacket, a light blue miniskirt and white flats. She has a cross earing in her right ear and wears her hair loose so that it reaches it's full length, which is just below her butt.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Energetic, bubbly and talkative. She gets along with most people and likes, singing, reading and hanging out with friends. She doesn't like rude people, swimming or science.
Backstory: Grace was raised in an good household by her father, due to her mother passing away when she was 3 and grew to appreciate life to it's fullest. She got along well at school and made tons of friends. She watched game shows and the like with her friends and they said she should go on Camp Showdown, so she did.

Name: William Hunter (goes by last name.)
Appearance: Hunter is tall, standing at 6'6. He has dark brown hair that's not very long but not short either, it reaches down to just above his shoulderbladers. His eyes are also dark brown, the color of them almost identical to his hair's color. He is fairly muscular, not a bodybuilder but not skinny either. Hunter usually wears a black T-Shirt or a black Tank Top, jeans and black boots.
Personality: Depending on how well Hunter knows the person, he can be either nice or not so nice. He doesn't easily lose his temper, but when he does he is not one to be messed with. He almost never laughs or smiles.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Backstory: Hunter grew up in Gothenburg, Sweden, but his family was american. When he was 14 years old, his family moved back to the U.S, leaving him behind. After that he had to take care of himself, making money by lifting wallets and burgling homes. When he turned 20, he was finally able to move to America. Hunter joined Camp Showdown because he needed money, and he was also very bored.
Other: Stroodle

Name: Charlotte Brown
Appearance: Charlotte is pretty average height, standing at 5'7. She has long, brown hair that reaches down to a little below her shoulderblades, brown eyes and is fairly skinny, but not too skinny. She usually wears a white T-Shirt under her black leatherjacket, skinny jeans, and black boots.
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: She doesn't really care if anyone insults her, as long as you are nice to her, she will be nice to you. She likes solving problems, and hates talking about her past.
Backstory: She grew up in America with her mother and brother. Charlotte's father passed away when she was 14, and her mother was an alcoholic who didn't care about her family, so Charlotte had to take care of her little brother by herself. She decided to go on Camp Showdown in order to get away from her mother.
Other: She is very clever. Stroodle.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Just checking for the first challenge, do y'all have access to coloured pencil's and paper and a camera? Don't have to be good quality.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Didn't even think about online drawing and stuff. Although for this first challenge the art is only half the challenge and doesn't need to be good so y'all can use any media really if you want.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to keep up with this roleplay, i have school which means I have not as much time as I'd like set aside for pokecharms, so I barely get posts out that are of decent length, I think doing this roleplay with all it's challenges might actually be too much for me to handle and I cant even think of when I could get around to doing the challenge so I might have to drop out. Sorry.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Thats fine. This isn't meant to change your mind or anything but to everyone. The challenges are optional its just if you don't do them you won't win the challenge. Only the final challenge isn't optional but that will be role-played not an actual challenge.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I’ll probably post later today with my entry, but I have a question first. Does “landscape drawing” refer to the orientation of the paper, or the contents of the art?