1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPPt/HGSS Battle Tower-Heatran

Discussion in 'The Doctor's Clinic' started by Terrychu, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Heatran Lv.50 252SA 252SD 4DEF Flash Fire@Leftovers
    Lava Plume
    Flash Cannon
    Earth Power
    Ancient Power/Toxic/Double Team

Lava Plume is basic power. If it can 2HKO Pamler's Regigigas, it can get me beating a 100-win streak. It counters a lot of types. Flash Cannon is more of a Rock Counter. Not much else. I used it for Rhyperior with an OHKO. I think it'll get me far. Earth Power is for Heatrans itself. Another Tycoon Counter. Ancient Power is for Flying and Fire types, and boosts up its Lava Plume/Flash Cannon. Toxic/Double Team are my most trusted moves. When Heatran levels up more, Heat Wave and Magma Storm will take over Lava Plume.

2. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

Flamethrower/Fire Blast are generally superior to Heat Wave/Magma Storm, especially since Magma Storm's trapping effect is ineffective in Battle Tower since the opponents very rarely switch.

Also, since both Rhyperior and Heatran suffer a weakness to Earth Power and Flash Cannon's coverage is rather poor, Dark Pulse is a viable addition to the set since it can wipe out Cresselia before it has a chance to stat up through the roof with Calm Mind.

Also, what is your Heatran's Nature? Certain Natures could make some of Heatran's moves unviable for you if the Nature doesn't suit the moves.