• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Battle Tower-Heatran

Heatran Lv.50 252SA 252SD 4DEF Flash Fire@Leftovers
Lava Plume
Flash Cannon
Earth Power
Ancient Power/Toxic/Double Team

Lava Plume is basic power. If it can 2HKO Pamler's Regigigas, it can get me beating a 100-win streak. It counters a lot of types. Flash Cannon is more of a Rock Counter. Not much else. I used it for Rhyperior with an OHKO. I think it'll get me far. Earth Power is for Heatrans itself. Another Tycoon Counter. Ancient Power is for Flying and Fire types, and boosts up its Lava Plume/Flash Cannon. Toxic/Double Team are my most trusted moves. When Heatran levels up more, Heat Wave and Magma Storm will take over Lava Plume.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Flamethrower/Fire Blast are generally superior to Heat Wave/Magma Storm, especially since Magma Storm's trapping effect is ineffective in Battle Tower since the opponents very rarely switch.

Also, since both Rhyperior and Heatran suffer a weakness to Earth Power and Flash Cannon's coverage is rather poor, Dark Pulse is a viable addition to the set since it can wipe out Cresselia before it has a chance to stat up through the roof with Calm Mind.

Also, what is your Heatran's Nature? Certain Natures could make some of Heatran's moves unviable for you if the Nature doesn't suit the moves.