• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Battle!! Pound!! Yoshi!!

Yep Battling, Pounding and Yoshi...
This is my other comic ive benn working on thatme and my friends wanted to make. But dont worry my twilight oblivian comic will still be made...

Heres the first comic

Oh By the way this comic was made by me and my friends or as my friend sam has named us "Team Shigeru"... Tell me what you think.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Those sprites and backgrounds are from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, right? Peaches Castle is pretty impressive ^^

This is kinda funny, and I love the gangsta Yoshi look. Keep up the good work! :)

Just a tip: Typically in webcomics, and normal comics, you can determine who's speaking first because their speach bubble is higher. Example . It's nothing major, just something to help the readers keep track of who's saying what and when.

Yeah i figured that when i showed my brother he didnt know who said what first... Maybe later i might make a remake of 002. Oh and heres some spoilers of mondays comic... This comic is also sams Bday special... Some plot explosions happen...

- Yoshis first oponent surprising is drake
- Boshi from SMRPG makes an appearance
- Mario is up against samus
- Grodus from PMTTYD makes an appearance

And yes they are from mario and luigi...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
:D

Yay for Shiggy! That was an unexpected yet amusing twist ^_^

Btw - Who's Grodus?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Bows to Shiggy* I was hoping he'd pull out his Master Sword, tho ;)

Btw Pokechu - it's not really necessary for you to post both the site link and the comics, so just post one or the other from now on, k? (I'm refering to how you posted #s 3 and 4 after pointing them out on the website)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"IT IS TIME! MY DESTINY AWAITS ME"
"You just said that 5 minutes ago..." :lol:

I must admit that was damn funny ^^

That Sayain kid is made from Super Sonic sprites, eh?
And the closing comments were right. Where's gangsta Yoshi? I missed him :p

Gangsta yoshi wasnt in this one because this one showed what happened to drake after his loss to shiggy. Oh and yes the sayain kid was made from super sonic sprites. Oh and Im planning on a sonic vs the sayain kid (his name will be revealed in next comic). Soon A quest for triforce begins where Yoshi, Link and another charcter i havent thought of yet to stop the cloaked person who also will soon be revealed. But enough spoilers I think i might make another comic today as an early released comic.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The approach to the comic's world is pretty cool. It kinda reminds me of a fanfic I wanted to write that involved all the various different video game characters. Guess after Smash Bros. that's a common idea, tho, eh?

Seems like that comic was just setting up a lot of future plots. Watch your grammar (mostly just capping your "I"'s) and keep up the good work :)

Thanks for the complements and yes that comic did pave the way for future plots. Oh btw theres a spongebob reference in that comic see if you can spot it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Waits patiently for the next comic to come out*

I read the newest comic when you first posted it but I just skimmed it again. Poor Bob & George... It deserves more credit for being the first sprite comic to use the author as an actual character. Will "Luke" have any special "author" powers I wonder? He is pretty much "God" of that world afterall, so it'd only make sense ;)

I've been wondering something else... When you said "familiar" in the comic, was that just a bad typo (twice) or some new-fangled slang I've never heard before? :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Linkachu said:
Poor Bob & George... It deserves more credit for being the first sprite comic to use the author as an actual character.

And the first REAL sprite-comic.

Pretty much Every sprite-comic we have now is a copy/inspired by the template Dave Anez created.

Guys sorry a new comic hasnt been out in a while. The reason behind that is I went to queensland Australia. Oh and yes I will have awesome powers of doom >:D Oh and yes i did get the author idea from bob and george (the greatest sprite comic) And familiar is the word for family. (slang) Check site for updates.