• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Avatar: The Years Forgotten (Discussion and Sign Ups)

Huh, didn't know Bumi knew it to.
Yep, we see him use in the the Finale I think Part 2 when he talks about freeing Omashu. Though we doesn’t get the seismic sense animation cause the director wanted to visually differentiate Toph from other Earth Enders but the writers have confirmed Bumi could also use seismic sense

Yep, we see him use in the the Finale I think Part 2 when he talks about freeing Omashu. Though we doesn’t get the seismic sense animation cause the director wanted to visually differentiate Toph from other Earth Enders but the writers have confirmed Bumi could also use seismic sense

Which makes whatever reason he gave for seeking Toph to be questionable if it is true.

Bumi's entire reason to send Aang to find Toph was he needed to find a teacher who'd "wait and listen" before striking. Someone who mastered that skill, a skill even he did not have.

In reference to her Seismic Sense.
Bumi does wait and listen, he was just pre-occupied with waiting as listening to free Omashu

Bumi does wait and listen, he was just pre-occupied with waiting as listening to free Omashu

Just saying Bumi didn't deny being Aang's teacher because "the people of Omasu need me" but rather he wanted Aang to find a teacher with qualities he lacked. That is what he stressed. I am just going by what the character and narrative said about it nothing more.

Edit: Also Toph not being the first/only in her era to have Seismic Sense feels weird and takes away what makes her special if it is true.

Last edited:
Just saying Bumi didn't deny being Aang's teacher because "the people of Omasu need me" but rather he wanted Aang to find a teacher with qualities he lacked. That is what he stressed. I am just going by what the character and narrative said about it nothing more.

Edit: Also Toph not being the first/only in her era to have Seismic Sense feels weird and takes away what makes her special if it is true.
Bumi didn’t lack neutral Jing (yes that’s how it’s spelled) he was literally using it for the entire time he was imprisoned

Toph’s seismic sense was still better than Bumi’s by a long shot.
Bumi’s was more in line with Aang’s

Bumi didn’t lack neutral Jing (yes that’s how it’s spelled) he was literally using it for the entire time he was imprisoned

Toph’s seismic sense was still better than Bumi’s by a long shot.
Bumi’s was more in line with Aang’s

No what he used while in Prison was chin-bending. That has nothing to do with Seismic sense.

And just saying anyone not named Toph having it in her era does make it way less special XD

Chin bending?! I love it

Neutral jing is a mindset not a technique
You wait and listen for the right opportunity.
Which is exactly what Bumi did

Bumi said it was a skill he himself still had to learn. Which is why he could not teach Aang then, and why he wanted her to go to Toph someone who had already masted that skill.

Also I am officially coining chin bending. It is my trademark.

Bumi said it was a skill he himself still had to learn. Which is why he could not teach Aang then, and why he wanted her to go to Toph someone who had already masted that skill.

Also I am officially coining chin bending. It is my trademark.
He still had seismic sense. We see him use in in the finale, specifically when he launches the 6 fire nation guards into the air with individual rock pillars without looking at them.

Are you still accepting people into this? My knowledge of Avatar is relatively limited, but I'm really interested in this RP, and Google exists, so I should be able to keep up.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@TheWanderer Yes we are still accepting people, I look forward to seeing your bio

Ok everyone, the siege of the North has officially started, this especially applies to @Godjacob, @Swirled, and @Retro Master.

On another note, we are still waiting for intro posts from @Frontier Master and @Grand Master Koop

Sorry I haven't been very active, I didn't have my computer for a while and I don't like writing without it, but let's get this thing back up and running.

@TheWanderer Yes we are still accepting people, I look forward to seeing your bio

Ok everyone, the siege of the North has officially started, this especially applies to @Godjacob, @Swirled, and @Retro Master.

On another note, we are still waiting for intro posts from @Frontier Master and @Grand Master Koop

Sorry I haven't been very active, I didn't have my computer for a while and I don't like writing without it, but let's get this thing back up and running.
Unfortunately I’ll have to withdraw from the rp. I have too much on my plate rn

Hey, what should I be working towards with my character? Is there a certain location we're all meeting up that she would have to hop onto a boat for, or something?

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I would also like to know for my character; I don't know how to interact with everyone else
Hey, what should I be working towards with my character? Is there a certain location we're all meeting up that she would have to hop onto a boat for, or something?
I see.
Well, I don't know what the Earthbenders are doing. Is Soul with the group going to the Northern Water tribe?
Ok so for Dark Soul, I realize your problem and I am working on it. I know @Grand Master Koop was making a female fire nation character, I’m not sure how far along he is with the character though. I can create a resistance character for the rebellion for you to meet up with for now so you have something to do while he is creating that, I’m so sorry I didn’t address this sooner.

For Onion, I think Soul was gonna have his non-bender interact with people soon, but don’t quote me on that. If you want you can either continue to train or you could notice what is going on with Zander’s character.

I still need to work out exactly how all the characters are going to meet up, but those are the immediate solutions that can happen.

I don't know whether or not my second character is accepted right when I post because my first already was, so feel free to look through it and see if there's anything I should change.

Name
: Miyaji Hatsuo
Current Nation: Fire Nation
Element or weapon: Firebending, and two shorter halberds attached to both sides of his waist.
Appearance: Miyaji stands at 5'6 and has a muscular build. His hair is short and brown, messily brushed to the right, and his eyes have a chocolate brown hue. He wears a black vest over a white tank top and black trousers, along with black boots.
Personality: Miyaji is incredibly loyal and puts his allies' needs far above his own to the point where he makes dangerous risks for the betterment of those around him. Although he isn't one to joke around most times, he tries to lift everyone's spirits as much as he can.
Backstory: Miyaji was the first in his family to stray from the teachings of the Fire Nation, and as a result, he was cast out of his own home. In fear that he would be exposed by his own kin as a defector to the kingdom, he ceased contact with anyone he assumed would give away his beliefs. He then joined a resistance movement (the same as Haruko) in an effort to oppose the activity of the Fire Nation.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I don't know whether or not my second character is accepted right when I post because my first already was, so feel free to look through it and see if there's anything I should change.

Name
: Miyaji Hatsuo
Current Nation: Fire Nation
Element or weapon: Firebending, and two shorter halberds attached to both sides of his waist.
Appearance: Miyaji stands at 5'6 and has a muscular build. His hair is short and brown, messily brushed to the right, and his eyes have a chocolate brown hue. He wears a black vest over a white tank top and black trousers, along with black boots.
Personality: Miyaji is incredibly loyal and puts his allies' needs far above his own to the point where he makes dangerous risks for the betterment of those around him. Although he isn't one to joke around most times, he tries to lift everyone's spirits as much as he can.
Backstory: Miyaji was the first in his family to stray from the teachings of the Fire Nation, and as a result, he was cast out of his own home. In fear that he would be exposed by his own kin as a defector to the kingdom, he ceased contact with anyone he assumed would give away his beliefs. He then joined a resistance movement (the same as Haruko) in an effort to oppose the activity of the Fire Nation.
Flameo, my good Hotman. He's accepted, although I would like to know more about the background of the character, any particular reason why he strayed from the new teachings of the fire nation. Of course, that stuff can be figured out at a later time. I see no glaring issues.

Mostly because he didn't agree with their motions to constantly invade and encroach on other lands and how they implemented their biased philosophies onto the civilians. Due to his opposition to the Fire Nation's twisting of the people's minds, he opposed their government in general.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Mostly because he didn't agree with their motions to constantly invade and encroach on other lands and how they implemented their biased philosophies onto the civilians. Due to his opposition to the Fire Nation's twisting of the people's minds, he opposed their government in general.
Fair enough, guess you don't need much of a better reason to leave the fire nation lol.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
By the way I have a question. Did the Fire Nation attack the earth Kingdom at any point before the events of this RP?

Name: Flora
Age (13 - 17): 15
Current Nation: fire nation
Element or weapon: fire bending , She wealds a spear that was a gift from her father
Appearance: She has raven black hair that reaches down to her waist. Her hair is normally has it in a pony trial but it still finds a way to her waist. Floral eyes and a bright emerald that fades to a forest green. But her eyes look lifeless all the time. She wears a blood red small kimono that only reaches to her knees that cuts up to her waist revealing a pair of black shorts. The top of the kimono that reach connects to a chocker around her neck. The kimono has black thorn pattern that slowly moves up it. Her spear holder is colored black with red splatters.
Personality: Flora has little interactions with people so she seems to be lifeless and cold. But do to history she doesn’t trust people other then her remaining family and friends. She is sometimes distant but can be close at the same time. When Flora decides to open up she is really kind and sensitive like a small child with his/her mother. When she sees people in need to is willing to risk her life to save then especially children.
Backstory: Flora is the only daughter of one of the war generals. When see was little her mother took care of her in till one day he mother was poisoned and fell ill, and died a mouth later was blamed for killing her. But her father stood up for her and found the maid that killed her giving her a punishment of a death sentence. But it was to late for Flora she had already gone somewhat emotionless. But as the only daughter her father wanted her to have a normal life but she refused and started to train under her father. After a few years of training she was feared though her house as she managed to defeat her oldest brother in a sparing match. On her 14 birthday her father gave her his spear that he couldn’t Weald as well as he could, but what really help was the raid tail falcon that her brother gave to her for communication between the family. After this she left her home for a life that she wanted.
Other: Her falcon that she got form her brother ( if that’s okay)

Wooooo longest bio I even made

Last edited: