• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Atimal Academy

Spongzilla

Previously LizardWarrior
Discussion Thread - https://pokecharms.com/threads/atimal-academy-norwind-region.23559/#post-887131

Greetings Reader

If you are reading this you have been accepted into the Ozzio Region's most prestigious academy. In this academy you will be taught by Pokémon master's from across the world to form our youth into the brightest of the bunch.
Here you will learn Pokémon battling, performance, science among other things so you can be exited to pursue your Pokémon dreams.
But be careful, if your grades drop below anything but the highest mark's, you risk... Expulsion.
Good luck dear reader we all hope you the very best.
Sincerely - The Principle.

"C'mon stupid thing." Hoshi whispered harshly as she attempted to get her suitcase to roll across bumpy ground, she was headed along with the other new students of Atimal Academy to the campus itself. She decided to just give up and carried her suitcase the rest of the way up the hill. She looked around to the other students making their way to the academy, they were being guided by a single teacher.

Once they reached the top the teacher announced to the group.
"Ok everyone my name is Mr John and this is your official orientation to Atimal Academy." The teacher sounded very monotone and drawl almost bored, like a side character that doesn't need much of an introduction or description. The teacher then guided everyone through the Academy and surrounding areas, the dorms, the school, the town and the greenhouse.

They were then led back to the school and into a central area, the students were al sat down and briefed on the school's rules, timetable and other things. Then was the big part.
"We will now move on to dormitories, you will be paired with someone else that you will share a dorm with for the next year."

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Neon had just sat down to see who would be his dorm mate. So far Neon's favorite place of the school was the greenhouse, The plant life there was very interesting for Neon as his Eevee had just came out of his Pokeball. "Eevee, Get back into your ball! the teacher is going to see us!" Neon whispered to his Eevee. "Quickly Eevee! Get in!" Still whispering to his Pokemon, He grabbed his Pokemon's ball and put Eevee back inside before anybody notices him. He sighed as his Eevee was now in it's pokeball and wouldn't get into trouble on his first day

Neon wasn't careless enough to just let his Pokemon out during orientation, And if he did they would possibly get into trouble. He was in the third seat from the middle of the room, so he was a bit visible to Mr. John and the others behind him. He grabbed his notebook and wrote something down, He seemingly had drawn the map of the school to help him easier treading. As Neon finishes drawing the map of the school he looked back up to get back to listen to the teacher. He put his book back into his bag, and continued to listen.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the room, William Pocket was writing attentively in his notebook while listening to Mr. John. Earlier that day, William had entered Atimal Academy and gotten strange looks from everyone due to his Heterochromia. "Woah, that kid's eyes are weird." An onlooker said. "Maybe he was genetically engineered by some mad scientist." Another one spoke up. In truth, he was just born this way and he was unsure where his Heterochromia came from.

William had been taking notes on everything Mr. John said when a Pokeball in his right pocket glowed pink. "Not now Kadabra, We are clearly still in orientation and I don't know when I can send you out. Just be patient, okay." William whispered. The Pokeball faded as the dicussion continued. He was ready to start this new year and meet his roommate. William hoped this roommate would be a nice and kind person, and at least could help William in times of trouble.

YoungBeedrill

Previously Beedrillisdrilling
Avery sat on a chair in the middle room. She had took notes while listening to Mr. John. She's new to the school and didn't knew anybody. "Well I hope this school teacher isn't too strict." Whispered Avery. Avery waited so long in the class, she didn't noticed that her Pokeball glowed. "Hmm? No not now Venipede I can't send you out." Whispered Avery.

Avery hoped her roommate is a kind-hearted person and not strict. Her Pokeball glowed again. "I said not now, patience ok?" Said Avery. She wanted for the orientation to finish quickly. "How long will Mr. John finish." Said Avery as she drank her water. Avery wondered will her roommate be like. Her Pokeball glowed again, but this time it glowed shinier. "Okay patience is the key to success Venipede." Avery listened to Mr. John after she talked to Venipede.

" *yawn* Jeez, Medea, it's so early," said Athena while she was getting her pigtails yanked by Medea to stay awake. There was a major flaw in that statement though: It was not early. "Thanks for keeping me awake, but I don't think you're allowed to be out of your ball Medea, can't exactly fall asleep during a presentation. Wouldja mind vanishing?" "Dreavus! Dre!" said Medea as she slowly melted into Athena's shadow. Athena listened closely (as closely as anyone who is constantly half asleep can) but she instantly paid more attention when it was revealed that each student would have roommates. "Well that's bad news for us Medea," she whispered to her own shadow. "Not only am I not the most social person, my partner literally lives off of fear. The only reason I survive living with you is that I'm too drowsy to be scared," said Athena as she poked Medea.

| Korutesu |

Neon's Eevee had came out of it's ball again, now a little bit mad, "Jeez! Eevee! If we get caught by the teacher we'll get in trouble!" In a hushed tone, but you could hear the anger in his voice. His Eevee listened, And went back into it's ball. As he sat back up, Neon listened to the dorm mate match-ups.

The teacher again explained the rules, just in case anybody forgot. Neon was most excited for the battles. "Just you wait Eevee, We'll become a gym leader soon enough." As he held Eevee's Pokeball in his hand. Watching as Mr. John talked upstage as Neon became bored of the teacher's voice because it was so boring and emotionless.

Spongzilla

Previously LizardWarrior
"And now what I'm assuming you'v all been waiting for." Mr John said as he eyeballed the few Pokemon who had crept their way ut of their Pokéballs. "Dorms." He waked over to a small table and snatched a sheet of paper off of the table.
"We have...
Juniper Whitlock and Athena Skye.
Neon Daimon and William Pocket.
Soriah Leis and Alex Hawk.
Kai Iwata and Rocky.
And in our triple room we have, Hoshi Okuda, Brian Killian and Avery Brooklyn!" Mr John called to the new students.

"So I'm in the triple dorm huh?" Hoshi whispered to herself and started to look around for her dorm mates.
"You were all given name tags prior, now it's time to find you dorm mates." Mr John called. And Hoshi began to look around for her new dorm mates.

William Pocket was wandering around the large room looking for his dorm-mate. "I'm looking for a Neon Daimon? Hello? Anyone?" William said. His Pokeballs were flashing very brightly, it would only be a matter of time before they broke out. "Do you guys, have like zero sense of patience?! I'll let you out in the dorms, I promise.." He whispered angrily to the Pokeballs. They all faded as William Pocket was surveying the room for any potential signs of his roommate. It's time for this year to start.... He thought to himself.

| Korutesu |

Neon had heard someone looking for him, He knew it was probably his dorm mate, so he came over to the person who was calling his name. "Hello, William Pocket, right? Neon Daimon. Dorm mate" He put his arm in front of him, in a hand shaking manner. "So, what's your goal? i mean, if you have attended this school then you must have a goal. Mine is to be a gym leader, what about you?" Neon wanted to learn more about his dorm mate, so he began asking questions, like: what's his battle style, favorite type of Pokemon, etc.

"So, Who are your Pokemon?" Neon asked William. He needed to take notes on what he was going to answer, but it could wait. "just one moment, Before we get into other stuff, We should get settled into our dorms. It's pretty near here, Probably one block away from here" Sharing the information he has, showing the map simultaneously.
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Brian sat in silence with his hands on the table, he looked around while he waited and noticed how some people's Pokemon wanted to get out of their Poke balls, Brian's Pokemon felt the same, but Brian told them beforehand that if they were to succeed in this school, they had to be on their best behavior. Brian raised an eyebrow when he heard that unlike everyone else, he had to share a dorm with two other people instead of one, but all Brian did was shrug, stand up and put his hands in his pockets as he went to find his would be dorm mates, his bright pink eyes scanned every student and their name tags to avoid asking them upon meeting. He smiled when his eyes spotted a girl with 'Hoshi Okuda' on her name tag and went to approach her. "Hello there, my name is Brian Killian, I'm one of your two dorm mates." Brian said as he tipped his white fedora to her.

Spongzilla

Previously LizardWarrior
"Um hello. So you must be Brian?" Hoshi Replied as the boy approached her. "So um." Hoshi racked her brain fora question to steer clear of any awkward silences, she had learnt from her friend that they were to be avoided at all cost. "Have you seen Avery anywhere?" She asked knowing the answer would probably be no. Hoshi always got nervous around new people and this was no different. She began to scan the room for Avery but there were so many people.
______

"How many new student's this year?"
"More than last year sir. They'll do nicely for our new program."
"Good, very good..."

Rocky had just heard his name be called out. He got up and decided to check on his partner Pokemon, Scorbunny, a bit before he found his roommate. With a press of a button, the bunny Pokemon was released, and gosh, was it excited. It jumped up high as a response to this. Rocky's Tailow also came out, perched on Rocky's shoulder to calm down the bunny. It did make sense. Tailow was like the older sibling of Scorbunny, always trying to keep it in line. Rocky then returned them both. "Alright! Time to find..Kai Iwata? Okay!" Rocky said. He then ran off to find the Kai Iwata who would be his roommate.

Brian looked around and gave a shrug. "No, I don't believe I have, but I'm sure they'll turn up very soon." He said with a smile. "While we wait for them, what do you say you and I talk for a bit? If we're going to be sharing a dorm, we should try our best to get along. One good question to ask is what kind of Pokemon do you have with you?"

"Alright, looks like I have a roommate," said Athena while rubbing her eyes. "I pray that she isn't loud, the last thing I want is for someone to wake me up a ton," she said to herself. "Also, please promise me you'll behave Medea. The last thing I need is you terrorizing a fellow student. If you need fear, we can go to a horror movie as always." "Dreavus" said Medea half poking her head from Athena's shadow grumpily before melting back into it. "Now where is 'Juniper Whitlock' I believe the speaker said?" said Athena as she started to look around.

After Mr. John's speech, Kai decided to look for his roommate. He was talking toward a crowd of students looking for Rocky, but none dont know Rocky's whereabouts. He continued searching for Rocky, throughout the search he bumped into a female student. "Oh, Im sorry" he apologized. He realized this student might know where his roommate is. "Hey, by any chance you know someone by the name of Rocky," he asked with a bit of excitement.
@Crystal1302

Admin edit: Keep your tenses in line, please. Posts must be in past tense.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sorry, I don't know anyone by that name." said Athena before a yawn. "I'm busy looking for my dorm mate named Juniper. Would I be correct in assuming you don't know anyone like that either?" said Athena while scratching the back of her head. While Athena was speaking, Medea was sneaking up behind the student looking for a person named Rocky, ans proceeded to scream as loud as she could in her ear. This caused Athena to pull out a spray bottle and squirt Medea a few times. "Now Medea, that's not how we treat strangers. Apologize." "Dreavus dre." Said Medea grumpily before vanishing back into Athena's shadow.

Kai got a good scared but was awe as well."It's all good, sure gave me a good scare." he said smiling dryly. "I must I never saw a Misdreavus until now," he said with this smile. "Oh, that right is kinda rude of me not introducing myself. Im Kai Iwata" he said as he pulls his arm out for a handshake. Both Riolu and Litten exit their Pokeball,"Oh, and these are my pokemon Rioulo and Litten".

"Kai Iwata?" He called out. "Kai? Are you here? Well, of course you are, but still, where?!" He exclaimed. He looked for Kai Iwata. He then saw a Misdreavus floating around and decided to check it out. "Cool! A Misdreavus!" He examined it. He then turned to see a boy and a girl. "Oh, hi! Who are you guys?" He'd ask, smiling.

"I want to be a mix between a trainer and a performer." William said, answering Neon's question. "Hey, are we at the dorm? Because all of my Pokemon want to get out." William asked as his Pokeballs were flashing wildly. He saw a couple other Pokemon running about, like a Kricketot, a Chikorita, a Noibat and more. He was walking happily as he had a friend on his first day and he was ready to face this year with optimism.

Last edited:

YoungBeedrill

"I need to get to the dorm now. Where is it?" Asked Avery in her mind. Avery's Pokeball glowed again. "Come on patient." Said Avery towards her Pokeball. Avery search everywhere for her dorm and her roommate. "Ah looks like I'm lost." Said Avery. She went to the greenhouse while she searched for her dorm. "Hmmm let see ah I remembered the tour so to go to the dorm I must go here." Said Avery as she walked towards the dorms.

| Korutesu |

"Yep! We're Here, Our dorm" Neon looking up from his map. "You can come out now Eevee, We're at the dorms now" Thinking of what to do next knew just thought of something. "Well! me and Eevee are going to explore the school, Wanna come with us William?" Neon asked his dorm mate as his Eevee went onto his shoulder. "I'm going towards the greenhouse to see lots of different Pokemon!" Neon wanted to explore the Greenhouse to see what he could find. "I need to go, To explore the school! See ya later William!" as he left to go to the greenhouse

Spongzilla

Previously LizardWarrior
"My Pokémon?" Hoshi asked as her Pokéballs began to rattle and Swablu, Eevee and Riolu jumped out. "Well there they are, Eevee, Swablu and Riolu. Do you want to head back to our dorm as we can't find Avery, she might have already headed over there?" Hoshi began to walk toward the exit of the room with her Pokémon in tow, as she got to the exit Mr John asked for her name and gave her her room number and key.
"Thank you sir." Hoshi replied and headed off toward her dorm.

William opened the door to his dorm with the key he received from Mr. John and began unpacking. "Alright guys, you can come out." He said has he turned on the lights. His Pokeballs glowed with white light and opened. Kadabra, Skrelp and Froakie popped out and looked around the dorm. "My roommate is at the greenhouse, so if any of you want to go, ask me." He said while unpacking his clothes. Kadabra just meditated, Froakie was climbing and jumping on William's side of the room and Skrelp just slept. "I hope I find some cool Pokemon, like a Heracross or Xatu.." He said has he laid down.

YoungBeedrill

"Looks like I forgot the dorm key, why." Avery ran back to Mr. John. Mr. John asked her name and gave her the dorm key. "Okay lets enter the dorm." Avery opened the dorm door and entered. "Woah this dorm is big." Said Avery in awe. Meanwhile her Pokeballs glowed again. "Hm? Okay you guys can come out now." Venipede, Weedle, and Cutiefly came out of their Pokeballs. "You guys could relax here for a minute I wanted to meet my roommates." She went outside the dorm and searched for her roommates. "Looks like their names are Brian and Hoshi."

"My name is Athena. Athena Skye" she said with a yawn. "And the brat who is currently in my shadow, is Medea," said Athena while pointing to her shadow, as it popped out and glared at Athena before sinking back into it. "What I'd like to do is find my dorm to take a nap, but I have not found my dorm mate anywhere," said Athena looking around. "I'm aware I can just go on my own, but that doesn't seem fair," said Athena twirling her finger in long pigtails.
@wona

William decided to head to the greenhouse to see some of the wildlife. He was really bored so they walked towards the greenhouse with his Pokemon in their balls. When they got there, William was in awe. He saw lots of wild Gossifleur, Jumpluff, Venonat, Emolga, Starly and Yanma. He even saw some wild Roserade, Heracross, Victreebel, Toucannon and Ledian. He saw Neon by a Lurantis. "Hello Neon! I'm coming!" he said before coming closer. He hadn't found a Heracross or Xatu yet but at least he saw lots of new Pokemon.

YoungBeedrill

"Wow this school is huge." Said Avery. She went to the greenhouse to search for a new bug type Pokemon. She saw a Volbeat. "Wow it's a Volbeat I never saw it in my home region." Said Avery as she took a picture of Volbeat. She took a picture of a group of Surskit too. "Wow I really like the greenhouse, it's full of Bug type." She said as she played with many of the Bug type Pokemon.

| Korutesu |

Neon looked behind him to see William, shouting hello. "Shh, These Pokemon could get disturbed" Neon telling William about all of these Pokemon. "Lurantis over here is a mother of two, Her babies are currently taking a nap. Eevee's over there playing with a Phantump, So far, Seems like they're good friends" As he looked over to Eevee, He called it over. "So Eevee, Want Phantump to be your friend?" Neon asked, His Eevee nodded as Neon got ready to catch the Phantump. "Okay! Go! Pokeball!" As the ball shook. One... Two... Three... Ting! "Yes! We got a Phantump, Eevee!" His newly caught Phantump saw it and Phantump was interested in Eevee. "okay... So... now i have an Eevee, what do we do now? waddya say we go have a battle William?"

Last edited:
Late on her first day; what a Juniper thing to be.
With Fennley in tow, the girl barreled into the classroom, running a hand through tangled, disheveled hair, looking around the room to find that people were beginning to leave in scarce groups. A taut frown tugged at her lips for a moment, before she fixed her face and trotted over to the teacher's desk, where she received a small glare from the single-most boring person she had ever seen. After dragging his eyes across her name tag, which was hastily clipped to her sweater, he let out a long sigh and gestured halfheartedly to a girl with the biggest pigtails Juniper had ever seen.
Okay, they weren't necessarily big, but they were poofy, and suddenly Juniper felt the overwhelming urge to touch them. Luckily, she refrained.
"Heya! Dude, I'm so sorry for being late, totally not my plan to just leave you hangin'," she blurted out, extending her palm for a hasty handshake, hardly giving the girl any time to react before drawing away and stuffing her hands in her pockets, before becoming acutely aware of the Misdreavus lurking in her shadow. Excitedly, she fumbled with her Pokeballs.
"Oh, you've got a Misdreavus? That's sick, I've got a Phantump right here-" Click. No response. "A- A Phantump- Jericho, c'mon-"
Another click. Nothing happened. Juniper shrugged deftly, seemingly off track with that topic now.
"Okay, maybe not. Anyway, let's head up to our dorms, yeah?"

"Sure!" William said in a quiet voice, as to not disturb the Lurantis and her babies. "Alright, Froakie go!" William sent out his Froakie against Eevee. "Hit it with Water Gun!" William said quietly. Froakie fired off a stream of water at Eevee. A bunch of wild Pokemon like Fletchling, Nincada and Shuckle came to see the battle, including one of the Fomantis babies, who had stirred awake.

Last edited:

YoungBeedrill

"Volbeat why do you follow us you wouldn't want to see the battle?" Asked Avery. The Volbeat shook it head. "Well what do you want?" The Volbeat saw an empty Pokeball and touched it. "What just happened?" Volbeat went outside his Pokeball. "D-did I caught you?" Volbeat nodded. "W-well lets watch the battle then." Said Avery. They both with Avery's partner Venipede watched the battle.

| Korutesu |

"Eevee! Dodge and use Swift!" But William's Froakie was faster than his Pokemon so Eevee was hit, But not without hurting the Froakie simultaneously. "Okay! Good hit Eevee!" Neon cheered for Eevee as it did it's own thing in battle. His Eevee was never one to listen to him in battle, So it didn't mind Neon. "You got this Eevee! Finish it!" As his Eevee used Swift again on William's Froakie.

Last edited:
"Froakie, dodge that and get close to Eevee!" William said. Froakie jumped up onto the nearby trees, avoiding the Signal Beam. Froakie then started jumping and weaving through the trees like an acrobat. "Fire more Water Pulses!" William called. Froakie rained down Water Pulses as he jumped across the treetops. William knew what he was doing, but Neon couldn't know what he was up to yet. Froakie was determined to win this little bout against Eevee.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

"Since Froakie is faster than you Eevee, It's a battle of endurance! Ther'll be a time when Froakie's gonna get tired! So don't waste your energy, And Use Protect!" Eevee nodded and followed, Blocking all of the Water Pulses sent toward him. "Good Protect Eevee!, William!" He shouted out, Taking the chance, Eevee used Quick Attack on Froakie and got it off balance.

Last edited:
William saw Froakie get hit and fall. "Froakie, get behind Eevee!" Froakie balanced himself while falling and hit the Eevee with Pound, skidding behind it. "Use Lick!" Froakie licked the Eevee, paralyzing it. "Back off and hit it with Pound!" Froakie jumped in front of Eevee, then charging forward. It's hand was glowing bright white. All of the Pokemon watching staggered for a moment.

Last edited:
Athena's first impression of her new dormmate was that she talked. A lot. Though this was only a first impression, thought "My name is Athena Skye. As a response to your last statement: Yes, my partner is Misdreavus. Her name is Medea and she can be difficult to deal with. A few warnings, Misdreavus as a species, prey on fear, so she will try to scare you. I usually keep her satisfied with the occasional horror movie. Depending on the size of the crowd, or the level of fear, that keeps her satisfied for a month or so. But I fear she has gotten antsy lately and she has started to scare people more often. As a word of advice, if you hear the faint sound of weeping, do not investigate it as it will be Medea trying to scare you. Medea will often try screaming or wailing so I suggest the investment of earplugs or voice canceling headphones. I believe that covers everything so I suppose we should head to the dorm." said Athena as she pulled up the bar handle of her suitcase and walk towards the dorm room. Once she got there she set her suitcase against the bed and basically leaped onto the bead, almost instantly falling asleep. Medea floated out of her shadow, looked at Athena, shook her head and floated into a nearby closet before taking a short nap herself.

The female student walked away with her roommate toward their dorm. Kai turned his head toward the male student. "I am Kai Iwata" he responded. "And you must be Rocky" he hesitantly asked.

He'd nod. "That's me! And this is Scorbunny, and here's Tailow!" The bunny and bird Pokemon excitedly gave "Fah!" and a "Chirp!" Then Rocky started again. "So your my roommate! I'm sure we're gonna be great friends!" He'd exclaim. "Uh, now, where is our Dorm?"

Much to her dislike, Soriah had gotten to the academy slightly late. For a easygoing type like hey, she really didn’t like things going out of place. And this went for a lot of stuff, annoyingly enough. So she had stumbled in with Potato sat on her head and Jade just in her pokeball. Soriah sighed a bit, stretching slightly, before checking for her dorm mate.

“A person called Alex? I at least hope they like nature too.”

She looked around for this person, not really minding if anyone looked at her for having a Shroomish riding on her. After a search (that lasted about three and a half minutes), she eventually found her.

“Uh, I assume you’re Alex? I’m Soriah, and it said that I’m your dorm mate. I at least hope we’ll get along!”
“Muush! (What she said!)” Potato added on, not caring much if he was noticed or not.

@NDB
(I don’t do long sentences for RP’s often, I’m trying my best here. :])