• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Arg! Me Manaphy needs a Moveset!

And why I'm suddenly a pirate, I -and you- will never know. :D Well, I went to Toys 'R' Us and got my Manaphy today. Unfortunately it's a Physical attacker, so I need help for it. I have a rough sketch of a hopefully good moveset.

Manaphy @ Damp Stone
Water-Type
Hydration
EV training in Def. and Atk.
1) Rain Dance
2) Waterfall
3) U-Turn
4) Rest?

I really need help with my new Manaphy. Yes, I'm so desperate I'm using a Dampdance-Rest combo. BTW, I just came up with that name.

AL needs Help!! *POOF!!*

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Now, I know I replied to this and it got eaten in the database loss >:(. Did you sort out a good moveset in the end? I'd like to see it.

What the... what happened. You did reply, and so did, uh, plapti I think. But, I do have a vague idea.

Manaphy @ Damp Stone
Water-Stone
Hydration
EV in ?? and ??
1) Rain Dance
2) U-Turn
3) Secret Power
4) ???

That's all I remember. So, every post made in the last two weeks was completely wiped?

AL has Spoken!
*Mana!* Uh... lemme try again.
*POOF!!*

baratron

Staff member
Ahhh... I remember now, I suggested you should look into Secret Power or Natural Gift, the move that I want to keep calling Mystery Gift! (No, that's something entirely different.) We weren't sure whether competitive battles take place in buildings or not, because if so, Secret Power will always induces paralysis. However, this is in addition to it being a Normal attack with power 70, which isn't bad.

Natural Gift is so very awesome because it's a way of getting a physical move of any type onto your Pokemon. The only problem is, using the move consumes the berry, so you have to have a nice stock of them, and only use the move once in a competitive battle - as you can't put a new item on. It's still useful, though.

baratron

Staff member
im new but i know what a good manaphy needs hydro pump and psychic.raindance
Um, no. The original poster clearly stated that he needs a Manaphy with a physical moveset. The moves you've suggested are both special. If your Manaphy has a lousy Special Attack stat, then Hydro Pump won't be much good.

Manaphy can learn Hydro Pump? ??? Didn't know that. Okay, so new stuff... got it!

Manaphy @ Damp Stone
Nature: Serious
Water-Stone
Hydration
EV in 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP (Stat +: 126 Speed/Attack, 3 HP)
1) Rain Dance
2) U-Turn
3) Secret Power
4) Waterfall

So... should I keep Rain Dance? I haven't thought of my whole team or the moves of Pokemon that will be on there. But I will have a Flygon and a Dragon-type (Flygon's a Dragon!). Will the Rain Dance benefit them? No clue. :D

AL Thanks You! *POOF!*

What nature is your Manaphy? If it isn't Adamant, then Special Attack isn't affected and we can try a mixed set for it. Rain Dance works well with Rest on Manaphy and You can ditch Rain Dance if someone else on your team can set it up.

If I got a nature, I can get you a good set out.

Manaphy doesn't learn Hydro Pump.

Updated. :D And so it's not spam, and to make a point, I have to say that it's SpAtk is its absolute weakest stat. I will use caps for emphasis. SpAtk is it's ABSOLUTE WORST stat.

AL has Spoken! *POOF!*