• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Another RP Idea? (Pokemon Experimentation)

Whoops, my finger slipped, but here's another RP idea I just had before I forget it.

As of right now, this RP's pretty vague, and I won't have much of it thought out and written out just yet. Here's a synopsis, though, incase you are interested:

Team Flare has been working on creating "the perfect world." We all know that, right? Well, what if they harmed Pokemon in the process?

No, I don't mean in battles or anything. The evil team would experiment on them, righting any wrongs they saw with their design, gender ratios, and etcetera. This would be the story of these successful (or failed) Pokémon experiments and their journey as they escape their confines in the lab, not wanting to help Team Flare due to what they know and have "accidentally," heard and seen.

Will they manage to escape? What would the lab scientists and employees dare do to their precious experiments in order to get them to stay? How would they be seen by the general public, who had no idea this was happening in the first place? Really, it's all up to us.

I just want to know if anyone's interested in this before I get a real intro up. That, and I'm really tired right now.

Thoughts? As per usual, I accept any and all comments and constructive criticism with open arms, so feel free to tell me what you think!

EDIT:

Welcome to my Experiment Escape RP! I know, super original name, right? Anyway, I've changed the story a bit, but like I've said before, Team Flare is in the process of creating "the perfect world," and what would that be without perfect Pokemon? To the team, the term "perfect Pokemon," means a Pokemon without too many gender-differences or designs, and they are strong and easy to control, no matter what they might be.

While the experiments were taking place, the control over the Pokemon slowly faded, allowing them to think for themselves and, in many cases, grow aggressive against the scientists. Many of these Pokemon were in the process of becoming very powerful, their forms larger and buffer than before and their moves more deadly, when the idea of escape hatched in their minds. These Pokemon were damaged in a few different ways, since their transformation was halted in its midst, leaving them with physical and mental problems.

They all team up against Team Flare and aim for setting themselves free, even with their disabilities and issues. Team Flare is both surprised and angered that their experiments turned for the worse, ending in the exact opposite way they planned. Their way of dealing with the problem?

Violence.

Now, what would any good RP be without some rules?

1: Make sure to follow all the rules of this site- both the PRP and general rules. That means no one-liners, pure OOC in the RP thread, and the like. I am very picky about this one!
2: None of these Pokemons' experiments will be completed, alright? This ensures that none of the characters used will be too strong and overpowered. However, later on in the RP, I might ask for permission for the use of one or so.
3: Since this RP takes place in Kalos, where Alolan Pokemon have not been introduced yet, there will be no use of these.
4: This isn't a serious RP by any means, but I would like to keep the respect level, I guess is one way of putting it. Here's what I mean by this: I wound up changing the storyline a bit for reasons already explained, and the disabilities I am using are serious ones from real life. Just, stay nice about it, okay?

If you want to join this, go ahead and fill out the form below! I'm going to wait for at least four or five others to post their forms before officially starting this.

Name:
Species: (Remember: no Alolan Pokemon!)
Gender: (Gender ratios don't matter here! Feel free to make, like, a female Hitmonlee or something!)
Appearance Difference: (What kind of changes happened to your character? On the outside, of course.)
Disability: (Was your character mentally damaged or physically damaged? Describe that here!)
Personality:
How were they captured?: (How did Team Flare get their hands on your character?)
Other: (Anything else you want to add?)

Here's my character~!

Name: Isis
Species: Rufflet
Appearance Difference: Isis's usual purple-grey fur is instead a lighter, blue-purple shade, her beak and legs are a dark shade of brown, and the red of her forehead feather is black.
Disability: She is unable to fly due to some serious arthritis in her wings, and she also suffers from ADHD.
Personality: Isis is a real loudmouth who takes everything a bit too seriously. Always one for a fight, he doesn't take his gender change well at all, but that will be explained in the RP. She sees herself as a natural-born leader, but, as previously mentioned, her mouth gets her into trouble more often than not. Her hyperactive nature and lack of focus on most subjects don't help, either.
How were they captured?: He was caught outside of the Kalos region and brought there due to being "rare," as the Grunts put it, and has been subdued by their motives and experiments ever since.
Other: The mix of gender pronouns is not a typo. :p

I can't wait to get this thing started, honestly! Thanks so much for the show of interest in this! I just hope this interest won't decimate due to the change of plot. :'|

Last edited:
Sounds great! I normally drop out of these types of RPs (since it takes so long to escape, dumb reason I know.), but this sounds great. Cant wait to hear from other people.

I've done it, but some things were changed, so make sure you check out that first post again, alright? Really, the change was made in order to refrain from the use of Mary Sues and OP characters, but it really adds something to the RP, don't you think?

I have an idea for the RP. If/when we escape there should be enhanced Pokemon that are in a unite called the "Hunters." They are used to hunt down and capture escaped Pokemon. Building on that idea, here is my OC.
Name: Ahimsa
Species: Dragonite
Appearance Difference: His tail is a stub, and his claws are all gone. His eyes are an icy blue.
Disability: He does not have much of a mental disorder, other than his fanatic pacifism. His physical damage has already been mentioned.
Personality: He is an extreme pacifist, and has a rule not to harm any living being. This infuriates Team Flare. He is also quite soft-spoken and kind.
How were they captured?: He was captured on Victory Road.
Other: None
Sorry it took so long, I had to change some things.

Name: Flicker
Species: Eevee
Appearance Difference: Flicker may appear to have clumps of fur missing. Whether it was from mishandling or self-harm is unknown.
Disability: Alexithymia, Schizophrenia,
Personality
: She seems to only completely understand those who are angry towards them, Sometimes annoying people with her unempathetic responses, She may randomly attack something or someone due to hallucinations or in her sleep. Though with all of her problems, she attempts to help those that ended up like her, as long as she isn't having an episode.
How were they captured?: Randomly snatched up after seen wandering around Luminose city, Wasnt missing any fur here, it seems.
Other: Nothing else on my mind!
Hunter unit sounds cool though.

Last edited:
Name: Nevi
Species: Riolu
Appearance Difference: Eyes are a dark purple color, while the blue area is now a light shade of red, tinted with the blue color it's supposed to be.
Disability: Horrible vision. On one eye, she's completely blind. Retrograde amnesia as well, she can't remember her past life up until now.
Personality: Calm and quiet, usually not acting up. Prefers to remain alone.
How were they captured?: While roaming around with her trainer in Geosenge Town, two Team Flare grunts were able to take her away.
Other: Has a Silk Scarf from their trainer. Currently wearing it.

Alright! My OC's perfect for this!(When you almost misspell "perfect" as "perfict")
Name: Ari
Species: Lucario
Appearance Difference: Her blue fur is lighter than normal(I couldn't really think up much...TT)
Disability: Sometimes loses control of her powers.
Personality: Has a deep grudge against Team Flare, loyal to her friends.
How were they captured?: Ari was captured by Team Flare after they attacked her Trainer, who has not been seen since.(Ooooh, spooky! I might add something later to add to this! ;D)
Other: Has maroon-and-silver gloves that her Trainer gave her. Her "alteration" is that she has enhanced aura powers. Like Sir Aaron's Lucario in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, but better.

Could i join too?

Name
: Taub
Species: Staraptor
Appearance Difference: He has his beak something twisted to the right. Part of his back and his tail are plucked. His crest is also twisted to the left. The tip of his crest is light purple, same as his eyes.
Disability: Claustrophobia, Daltonism, Osteoporosis, Breathing Problems. (Should I add here Bipolarism?)
Personality: Kind, yet he is hard to treat at first; good-hearted, extremely cautious (Bipolarism; his other personality is Nervous, Pessimistic, Paranoic, Unfriendly, Aggressive when he gets extremely nervous)
How were they captured?: He was captured by the Team Flare while he was sleeping.
Other: He used to be a good flyer, but after some experiments he started having breathing problems that difficult him to fly (but he has his flying skills yet). He suffers of osteoporosis, so he can break some bones easily if he receive a very strong hit. He wears a purple bandana.

Last edited:
Okay then.
Name: Grey
Species: Greninja
Appearance Difference: His right pointy thing on his head is gone. His tongue and eyes are blue instead of Pink/Red. He is black instead of blue. Bascally shiny but still has white. Scars littered across his arms
Disability: Bipolar Disorder. Intense fear of people
Personality: He is kind regularly. He hates Team Falre and wants to be free. Sometimes it might be better to stay in a cage, so he doesn't have to see humans. His bipolar personaility is he hates everything. Is 100% serious and blood thirsty. Forgets his fear of Humans
How were they captured?: They captured him from his trainer. They than used his trainer's soul to help make th ultamite weapon.
Other: He is a failed attempt of a Delta Species Pokémon.

Name: Flora
Species: Floette
Appearance Difference: Her flower is rainbow because it had a disease.
Disability: She cannot fly/float, Team Flare made it so. Somehow, she sits on her flower, and she floats around. Her right eye is blind.
Personality: Very kind, welcoming, she is very protective of the other Pokemon. She only doesn't trust humans.
How were they captured?: By a lot of force, Flora was captured. She got captured only because she was guarding Pokemon.
Other
: None (wow, fff)

Wow... Looks like I'm starting this earlier than expected! You're all in!

Just remember, @Leafyyon, Alolan Pokemon aren't allowed, since they haven't been introduced to Kalos yet. (That honestly ruined my own idea for my already-made male Steenee, named Sterling. Rip.)

I actually feel really bad for all of these characters... Why did I make this again? :p

Anyway, I'll get around to creating the RP thread when I can!

Name: Thorne
Species: Umbreon
Appearance Difference: Instead of yellow rings and red irises, Thorne's rings are green and his eyes are blue. He has a scar going from his lower jaw down to his right flank, stopping about mid-way.
Disability: Suffers severely from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, seeing anything like needles or other sorts of equipment that may have been used in the experiments makes him have flashbacks
Personality: Like most, he hates Team Flare for what they've done to him and the other Pokemon. He can be rather timid, but when backed in to a corner, he can be a ferocious opponent. He likes to help his friends, but often, his timid nature conflicts with that.
How were they captured?: Thorne lived in a Pokemon village, full of different kinds of Pokemon. Team Flare attacked, and tried to capture a lot of them. Most of them escaped. Thorne made a rare act of heroism and bravery, pushing a girl, whom he'd had feelings for, away as a Team Flare machine attempted to capture her, capturing Thorne instead.
Other: Nothing. At least, not that I can think of.

I'm thinking everyone else can post about their characters falling asleep, since I can't double post on the thread. After that, the real fun can start, but we needed some form of transition from the initial realization that something's not right to the end of the experiment. That sound alright to you?

I'm thinking everyone else can post about their characters falling asleep, since I can't double post on the thread. After that, the real fun can start, but we needed some form of transition from the initial realization that something's not right to the end of the experiment. That sound alright to you?
Hehe...I'm gonna scare the everloving Shellder out of some scientists...>:D

*Sigh* I had a much better idea, but I didn't know if a GLOWING FRICKIN LUCARIO wouldn't raise too many alarms. So I just made the scientist like "Ehh, no biggie. Just slowly stopping breathing, meh."

Name: Nutcracker
Species: Chesnaught
Appearance Difference: He has a lot more spikes, and is messily groomed
Disability: Anger issues, but gentle with the people/pokemon he trusts
Personality: Calm half the time, but when he gets mad (And that is pretty easy to do) he is ruthless
How were they captured?: He was not careful enough and wasn't looking out
Other
: Nothing here!

You're accepted, @YaBoiBumbo, and might I give you a warm welcome to PokeCharms, since I see you're new here! Just make sure you've read and understand the rules before posting on the thread, alright?

As for the RP itself, I haven't been able to post the real stuff just yet, but I'm planning on doing that tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Name:Flear
Species:fennekin
Appearance difference:whisker thingys gone
Disability:Sometimes looses her eye site
Personality:Nice,cheers up people a lot
Disability:looses her eye sight at random times
How were they capurted?:Team Flare caught her in a net when her trainer wasn't looking
Other:..........:'|

Last edited: