• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Another Code

Hello Americans.

I am here to inform you of a new game for DS. It is called "Another Code", however you shall probably refer to it as "Trace Memory".

We already have it in Britain. But it will soon be released in your country.

When it is released, you will all buy it. How will you get the money? That's your problem. Work for it, steal it off your parents, sell drugs, I don't care. The point is, your lives will be much enriched by your purchase (assuming you didn't take me seriously and got arrested).

In short, this game is teh pwn.

[/derren brown]

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

How appropriate a phrase...lol.

This game is uber-short. Five hours and it's done. Great game, good story and the first game to show that the DS can be used for more than just tech-demos but daaamn it's over quickly.

NOM complained about the puzzles, but they're a bunch of baboons so that'd probably explain why they couldn't get them. I only had two problems with the puzzles and that's only because they were exremely vague. I still can't see ANY numbers in that painting puzzle.

Doctor Oak said:

How appropriate a phrase...lol.

This game is uber-short. Five hours and it's done. Great game, good story and the first game to show that the DS can be used for more than just tech-demos but daaamn it's over quickly.

NOM complained about the puzzles, but they're a bunch of baboons so that'd probably explain why they couldn't get them. I only had two problems with the puzzles and that's only because they were exremely vague. I still can't see ANY numbers in that painting puzzle.

Which one, the one in Chapter 2, or the infamous "photo frame" in chapter 3? Chapter 2 is easy if think of Final Fantasy (very vague hint) but Chapter 3...well, let's just say you really have to think outside the box...

I'm currently stuck on the painting puzzle on Chapter 4...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bloody hell. DS is going to make me poor again. Too many good/interesting games coming out in a short time :p

Release Date
US: TBA 2005

Well... That's not good. Or maybe it is. The further from now it comes out the more chance I have of buying it. I already have Meteos to consider and Lunar Genesis coming next month ^^

Linkachu said:
Release Date
US: TBA 2005

Sweet! It's coming straight to me! :p

This'll probably be one of the games I try to pick up later this year, but my cash funds will be incredibly limited, due to the impending releases around that time anyway: DDR Mario Mix, M&L 2, XD, etc., etc.

(On topic) I first heard this game mentioned in a NP MAG. It looks mysterious and somewhat reminds me of CSI one of me and my mom's fav shows with a fantasy twist. I probably won't buy it but rent it if Rogers ever gets DS games I mean they have PSP games but not DS ones T_T. (Off topic)I'm waiting for a DS game that is really popular in Japan and on hot demand in a lot of countries can you guess what it's called ^_^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's out in America in 3 months. Dunno why we got it first, but yay. ^^

And the paintings I had trouble with were the blue and yellow moonlight ones. Couldn't see any numbers in that no matter how hard I looked.

Doctor Oak said:
It's out in America in 3 months. Dunno why we got it first, but yay. ^^

And the paintings I had trouble with were the blue and yellow moonlight ones. Couldn't see any numbers in that no matter how hard I looked.

Second that frickin' moonlit bay puzzle. Cing really weren't considering the visually impaired when they made this. (I did eventually see it, though it's hard to describe)

Wait, America aren't getting it for another 3 months? I thought it was only a few weeks! Hmm, they're probably trying to remove every trace of the word "Mum"...

WHY, NOA?! WHYYYYYYYY?!

They had to go on and fuckin' butcher the name. "Trace Memory" really sounds like crap. I prefer Another Code. And TBA? I don't like those three letters next to a game name.....BTW sorry The Blue Avenger :p

It looks interesting but NOA better not have butchered it...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Down girl. It's not uncommon for them to change names (especially lately). They did it to "Feel the Magic" in the UK. I doubt you have to worry about NOA butchering it too much :wink:

They were going to call Nintendogs "Puppy Tales" in America for awhile but someone smartened up and realized Nintendogs was a much better name. Glad for it, too.

Linkachu said:
Down girl. It's not uncommon for them to change names (especially lately). They did it to "Feel the Magic" in the UK. I doubt you have to worry about NOA butchering it too much :wink:

They were going to call Nintendogs "Puppy Tales" in America for awhile but someone smartened up and realized Nintendogs was a much better name. Glad for it, too.

hah even though you didn't mean to answer me your right! Nintendogs is what I'm waiting for!

Linkachu said:

Slightly different situation here though: while anyone who's finished the game will know why it's called what it is, the name Trace Memory has nothing really to do with anything. (Ok, it kinda does, but not as symbolic as Another Code: Two Memories. But we're veering into spoiler country, so I'll stop)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Any idea why they're changing the name in the first place? Another Code doesn't seem that bad to me - at all :?