• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open An Unusual Occurrence

( Yay, i'm not alone! )

While venturing around the town, she heard few villagers speaking about a group of humans who were seen around where she'd seen the two humans that looked somewhat different from the rest. When asked, the villagers explain they walked around whispering about a place called Earth. She jolted. "Wait, there are more!" She exclaimed at the table in the plaza. "Who's more, dearie?" said someone beside her. "Earth People!" She said. She decided she would stay at the town until she figured out more. Meanwhile, maybe she could find out why she was here...there had to be an explanation. She jumped onto the chair on the smallest desk of the library.

The traveler begins to hear rumors about a strange women with an exotic attire, after entering the library he witnessed the young women acting out as he sighed "Another one huh.."

Kiri turned in the forms to the professor, as within minutes the professor came back slightly surprised "Hey Kiri, are you sure you came here..since it seems we have a deposit box in your name"

Kiri's eyes widened as he wondered if it was his sisters' he scratched his head a bit "Can I see it?"

The professor nods as soon comes out with a Pokeball, as it's a bit dusted up but still intact, he hands it to Kiri as he holds it "Is this a pokemon?..." He says softly while staring at it

"Yes it is, and to make it for more great news I have your starters so you could grab one to, if you wanna start your journey" The professor says as he walks away to another room

"Good point," Ava said to Zach, a look of wonder plastered on her face as she watched even more Pokemon pop out of his and others' Pokeballs. "Do I have any more...?" she wondered aloud, feeling around in her pants pockets. In the pocket opposite the one she had found Audrey's ball in, she felt another sphere, pulling out a Great Ball. (OOC: At least I think it's a Great Ball...) Furrowing her brow in confusion, since she knew the only other Pokemon she had on her before her game brought her here was her Larvesta, who was tucked away in a PokeBall, she turned around before pressing the button, wanting to give her other partner some personal space. From the blue light popped a sort-of human-shaped creature with something on its head that resembled a ponytail, and a zipped-shut mouth. Eyes now wide, Ava dropped to her knees as she looked at the Banette that stood before her- the very Banette she loved from the day she caught her. "Hermione! Oh, man, this is so cool! Hey, how'd you get in my pocket? I thought you were in the PC!" The ghost-type merely shrugged, eyes closed, jumping at the feeling of arms wrapping around her neck, but soon realizing that it was only her Trainer, and hugging her back. Audrey kneaded her way into the embrace, enjoying this odd time she had with her Trainer and a couple of her most beloved partners. For a moment, Ava forgot about the people who now stood behind her. Remembering they were there, she quickly broke the embrace, looked both her Pokemon over for a split second, and turned back to face the others. "Sorry about that..." she mumbled, quietly, looking down to the dirty ground in embarrassment, chuckling awkwardly.

"No, no, its fine. I would react the same way." Explained Zach, accepting the apology. "Honestly, I would love to own a ghost-type of that caliber. Now that I think about it, maybe I could.."

Shifting through his pockets, he found one extra pokeball. He then looked over at his Nincada. "Last I remember, Nincada could evolve once I got to Mauville, I just stopped it for Metal Claw." He explained. "I wonder...

Who wants to battle some pokemon?"

"Felly!" Violet yelled. "Stop - running - !" She said. The newly evolved Braixen was running around the grass burning things to a crisp. Violet was on the verge of tears. "If - you - don't - stop - i'll - never - feed - you - !" She yelled. Felly turned in her direction. It mewled. Violet shook her head. "Get back in the Pokeball."

"I, uh... hardly think I'm qualified for a battle at the moment," Simon commented and his Pokémon started in reproach. "I didn't start seriously training until I caught Shuppet on, uh, Route 121. I always intended to make a ghost-type team, so these guys are kind of..." He trailed off at the sound of the Mightyena growling and saw that his Azumarill was tearing up from his harsh words. He said a silent curse, realizing he had to watch his words around his Pokémon now that they weren't just ones and zeros. "Don't worry; you guys are great, too," he lied with a nervous smile. They didn't look convinced.

Kiri didn't exactly now how to release a Pokemon from a Pokeball, he threw it up in the air as a huge beam of light basked down against the tile floor as small yellow and black small mouse like Pokemon stood there "Pi-Pi?" The Pokemon looked around as it looked up at Kiri and smiled with a bright "PICHU!" Kiri was hit with a sense of nostalgia as he couse remembered back in the day when Pichu was a Pokemon whom his sister bred for him specifically and kept it in the storage system, trading it to game to game just to get it in store Kiri was grateful, he wanted to give her a huge hug but couldn't

Kiri looked at the Pichu, he crouched and got face to face with it "Oi, I'm sorry I was gone for a while Pichu, I was lost" Kiri stroked Pichu's head as it nodded slowly

Get... back?

Zane stood completely still, staring at nothing in particular, but in Ava's general direction.

Let's think about this. Here, I have actual Pokemon, can actually be in the Pokemon Universe, and am with actual people who are somewhat like me in the aspect that they adore Pokemon. Back home, I have chemistry homework, annoying siblings, the need to go to school, having to do work... why would we want to go back, exactly?

After he finished his mental debate, Zane blinked a few times and shook his head wildly.

"Who wants to battle some Pokemon?"

Another person, who previously introduced himself as Zach, he believed, challenged nobody in particular to a battle. Under normal circumstances, and with close friends, Zane wouldn't have been able to say no to the challenge. This time, however, he kept to himself. Even if these others were like him in one regard, he didn't really know these people. The best idea to him at the moment was to keep his distance, observing what he could, then occasionally engaging the others in conversation to gather more information until a proper friendship status could be achieved. He fidgeted around in place, cursing the sun above and his own choice to wear basically full-on black clothes... which is when he got an idea. "Hey, how about we see if we can buy some new clothes. We kinda stick out like sore thumbs with the stuff we have on. Hoenn is a tropical region after all, more or less. We should dress for it, and plus, Mauville is basically a super huge mall." Zane suggested, voice quieter than he had hoped, as well as his own distance decently far away from the general group.

Idiot, you would need to be closer for them to properly hear you at that volume, Zane thought to himself, still hoping that his words hadn't fallen onto deaf ears.

( Sure then. )

She played with the water on the beach, tossing it to Braixen ever so often. She was really getting bored being here. She looked around. This would've have looked pathetic if i was still up there. She thought, taking in the rushing waves. She turned to her Braixen, who'd she'd never paid attention to. The waves grew louder as she played with the water. She heard more people whispering behind her about her rush at the front. "'That's the girl..yes, honey, stay away from her, no doubt a deranged orphan.." said the mother. "Mother, she looks nice. I would doubt she'd be an alien!" a sigh. "Then she is an outcast from birth." Violet burned. She stood up and yelled, "DO YOU THINK I CAN'T HEAR YOU!?" The mother broke into sweat. The girl, no doubt four, beamed at her. "You shouldn't have insulted her, mother!" Then she turned to Violet.

"Is it true you are an outcast from birth?" the girl asked. Violet turned beet red. "I - I don't really know.." she muttered. The mother gaped at her. "See? Sorry, 'Earth Person'. But we must go now." she said definitely. She pulled the girl towards the exit. Violet sighed, before she turned back -- and saw the little girl waving bye. She smiled softly and waved back.

From Zane, Avalonia could hear snippets of sentences, some words being 'buy', 'clothes', and 'mall'. Trying not to freak out over someone actually wanting to go shopping, she kept her cool, glancing up to the bright blue sky above. "I say yeah," she replied, now looking over at Zane, only now just realizing why he had mentioned it. "I don't wanna get a heat stroke, no matter how unusual it would be at my age!" With an awkward chuckle, a bit of a roadblock popped into her mind. "But how?" Lowering her voice so the 'NPCs' around her wouldn't think she was crazy, Ava continued. "Don't we need money specific to this world? I don't think there's a currency exchange place anywhere, since our world technically doesn't exist, y'know?"

How and why am I so talkative right now!? she thought, brow furrowed. Am I feeling okay? Pretty sure I am...

"Wait." Ava's louder voice returned, catching both Audrey and Hermione off guard. "We need to battle people. That's how we get money for clothes. Not only clothes, though. Food, too, and other junk."

Thinking back to the games' mechanics, the excessively pale girl suddenly felt a stream of heat rush over her body, prompting her to take her sweatshirt off. Always feeling awkward and very self-conscious about doing so around anybody, no matter who it may be, she kept it on, trying not to think about how warm she felt.

"If we're gonna go get money, let's do it now," Ava said to the others, tugging at the collar of her sweatshirt, the ghost of a smile on her face.

Last edited:
"Er, something tells me that battling is a lot easier when it's just a game," Simon commented with a frown. He, currently, was trying not to get on his disillusioned partners' bad side. He scratched at the back of his neck with his mouth in a thin line. "These aren't, uh, specifically generated NPCs. These are actual people with actual strategies and actual bonds with their actual Pokémon." Sweat beaded on his forehead and pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "This is insane. I need a coffee before I start processing any of this."
He held up his Pokéballs and uttered a quiet "Return, all of you." The three slowly shifted into a disembodied red glow which quickly rebounded into the spherical capsules. His skin was a pale eggshell colour and it took much of his willpower to keep upright.