• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Alola Journey Role Play (Discussion)

MarshmallowCloud

Previously PrimarinaHatterne
Oh! The smoke alarm in my house malfunctioned and went off, so I’ve just started, hehe. I might have to leave for dinner soon. Please note that it may take me a while, the introduction will be quite long.

Name: Hannibal Grey
Appearance: Hannibal has dirty blonde hair with the skin complexity of light tan. He has light brown eyes and a scar under his left in shape of a very stretched out U. He wears a black sweater with no hood, Grey pants, and black and white shoes. He has a bag with him to hold his pokéballs and clothes with him all the time
Personality:
- Very sarcastic
- Can be supportive when needs to be
- lost in thought when thinking hard
- Harsh when criticizing
- A bit of a liar when needs to be
Pokémon: Eliza - Pichu (F) - Thundershock, Tail Whip, Play Nice

Hey I had a change of mind. I am going to use an older oc of mine. I will type up her bio soon. Is it ok that she will have an Umbreon later on as well. It is her signature pokemon.

Name: Sarah Blackwell
Appearance: Sarah is a short girl who stands around 5'3. She has a small build, with a lilthe frame. She has pale skin with a yellow tint to it. She has dark pink eyes, that are suround by very dark and long black lashes. Her hair is very long and comes down to her lower back in waves. It is a dark purple color. Sarah tends to wear dark makeup. As she wears black smokie eye, a light contour, and a deep red lip. She tends to wear a black sundress that comes to the middle of her thighs. She pairs it with a black wedge heel, and a black sunhat that covers most of herface in shadow.
Personality (List of Words:)*
Kind
Caring
Protective
Sarcastic
Omnivert
Pokémon:
Umbre- Eevee, Female. Umbre has a small black heart shapped birthmark under the tuff of fur around her neck.
Planned Final Team:
Umbre- Umbreon, Female
Lola- Lopunny, Female, Shiny
Amethyst- Grumpig, Female
Beautifly- Female
Mioltic- Female
Sass- Litten, Female, Holds an everstone.

Yeah I get that. She will have other outfits as well. The main thing is that she arives to Alola like that. Also she has a gothic edge to her so most of the time she does not wear many colors other then black. Though ahe will wear muted colors at times. Sarah's look is supposed to be a contrast to how she is actually.

MarshmallowCloud

Ah, I get it. I was thinking about the gothic and the possible irony, as I often create OC’s names to contrast to them. Like “Chiara,” which means “Dark,” for an Espeon.

Sure I do not mind giving you her story. She is actually the secend oldest out of four children. Her older brother Jason, her younger sister's name is Kitty, and there is the baby of the family Rowena. Sarah is a very calm person who cares about others. She loves to help when she can and had learned breeding as a form of helping pokemon. At this point of time she is still learning about some of the finer points of breeding from her grandmother.

Sarah grew up on a farm in Kanto. It is well known for the raising of award winning and battling pokemon. Sarah's grandmother was the one who started the ranch there. Her father is a famous breeder as is her mother. As a gift to their kids, each one was given an eevee when their parents pokemon had them.

If you are asking about the story line for Litten, then I will tell you that as well.

MarshmallowCloud

I was kind of asking for both, but since you took the time to type that out, I’ll type in Willow’s.

Willow was born and raised in Hau’oli City, Alola. Being located in such a large city was a blessing and a curse for her, because while she craved the urban lifestyle, there are much higher crime rates. This combined with her terrible vision pushed her parents to keep her inside most of the time, unless they were with her. As a result, Willow had little to no friends, except for the ones her parents monitored. This made her socially awkward, she keeps to herself most of the time. Her parents, after some convincing, finally let her go on her journey a year after she was supposed to.

Litten is going to be an abandoned pokemon who does not like to fight. I want her to be this contrast to her evolution line as I want her to be sweet and kind compared to most. I do not know when she will show up, but I think it might be soonish after meeting the professor as it would have been abandoned on the way. I do want to have her being in rough shape when Sarah finds her though.

Hey @EmoKitty21 not to start any fights or anything but I was checking Eevee's Learnset and in Gen 7 it can't learn Dig from a TM/HM and it can't learn Iron Tail without being Tutored nor Rain Dance without a TM/HM. We are just starting this RP out and it kind of knows a lot of special moves without the story really going anywhere. Not trying to attack you or anything, I just want to go along with what Pokemon can and can't do.

Hey @EmoKitty21 not to start any fights or anything but I was checking Eevee's Learnset and in Gen 7 it can't learn Dig from a TM/HM and it can't learn Iron Tail without being Tutored nor Rain Dance without a TM/HM. We are just starting this RP out and it kind of knows a lot of special moves without the story really going anywhere. Not trying to attack you or anything, I just want to go along with what Pokemon can and can't do.
I understand completely. The reason for this is because of selective breeding on her parents part. It is also said that she has travelled before to do contests in Kanto so she is a bit more experienced in that regard. Alola is not the first region she has been to. Also the reason I have done so is because without Umbre being a partner Eevee she would not have a great moveset at all until it got to the point where Sarah could get to a move tutor. Where as Pichu have other moves they can learn that offset their type. I know what you mean when you are saying to have only what she can learn in Alola, but Umbre is not an Alolan eevee.

I understand completely. The reason for this is because of selective breeding on her parents part. It is also said that she has travelled before to do contests in Kanto so she is a bit more experienced in that regard. Alola is not the first region she has been to. Also the reason I have done so is because without Umbre being a partner Eevee she would not have a great moveset at all until it got to the point where Sarah could get to a move tutor. Where as Pichu have other moves they can learn that offset their type. I know what you mean when you are saying to have only what she can learn in Alola, but Umbre is not an Alolan eevee.
That makes total sense. Thank you for explaining! I was just needed an explanation for how Umbre knew all these moves!

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
My compulsive need to join RPs cannot be sated.

Name: Ben
Appearance: Black eyes and messy hair/ Semi-dark skin/ 5'9/ Skinny, with slight muscle
Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, as such he wears a blue shirt under his red hoodie, as well as red goggles, a yellow scarf, blue fingerless gloves, and all-terrain ranger shoes, which are pretty worn out. He also carries a styler, specially modified by Prof.Hastings, and also has a rotom inside. Otherwise, he wears jeans, which he rolls up when in the heat.
Personality (List of Words:)*
Kind
Excitable
Strategic
Strong Moral Code
Dense
Sarcastic at times

Pokémon:
Hardy M.Lucario (Auro) MS: (Justified) Aura sphere/Metal claw/Copycat/Blaze kick
Modest F.Popplio (Bubli) MS: Water Gun/Growl/Disarming voice

Hope this works.

Also, regarding the plot, I'm assuming we're going to meet with necrozma? You have to ask an admin for permission for a legendary to appear in your roleplay. Otherwise, it might be locked.
If you did get permission, pardon my idiocy.

MarshmallowCloud

We actually aren’t using Necrozma, I should delete that part, hehe! I noticed it a bit too late.

Edit: I just made some changes to the description. Thanks for pointing that out! We might just focus on Team Skull and change the Aether Foundation’s motives and stories a bit.