• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Alola Journey Role Play (Discussion)

MarshmallowCloud

Previously PrimarinaHatterne
PLOT
Alola is a gorgeous tropical region, tribal, traditional, and filled to the brim with the potential for adventure. Children and adults seek out the newfound Island Challenge, everyone vying for the top slot. However, not everything is as it seems. A gang of failed rookies cluster underground, bearing punk clothes and terrible scowls. There are two new trainers around, but the question remains: will they be able to rescue Alola from Team Skull’s onslaught, and still come out on top as the Champion? (It’s pretty much the game plot, but with two trainers, so it’s double the fun! And adventure! Also, it’s noteworthy that Team Skull and the Aether Foundation are incredibly dangerous in this timeline rather than little bumps. They have real drive and determination. No legendaries are included.)

CHARACTERS
Name: Arabelle Beaumont (Belle for Short)
Appearance: Dark Tan Skin with Short Black hair cut into a bob. It is just long enough to sometimes have up in a Ponytail. She has green eyes and moles cover her round face. She usually wears a Pink Tank top with grey skinny jeans and black boots.
Personality:
- Extroverted
- Bubbly
- Loud
- May Come off As Rude
- Hyper
Pokémon:
- Pina Colada/ Pichu (M): Thunder Shock, Tail Whip, Play Nice
Name: Hannibal Grey
Appearance: Hannibal has dirty blonde hair with the skin complexity of light tan. He has light brown eyes and a scar under his left in shape of a very stretched out U. He wears a black sweater with no hood, Grey pants, and black and white shoes. He has a bag with him to hold his pokéballs and clothes with him all the time
Personality:
- Very sarcastic
- Can be supportive when needs to be
- lost in thought when thinking hard
- Harsh when criticizing
- A bit of a liar when needs to be
Pokémon: Eliza - Pichu (F) - Thundershock, Tail Whip, Play Nice
Name: Willow Mei Mercury
Appearance: Willow is average-height and slim, and can contort her body into odd positions as a natural skill of hers. Her skin is pale, tanned in some areas by the sunlight. Her hair is long, slightly wavy, and pinkish-light brown, and her eyes are navy. She wears black-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Introverted, bashful, sweet, empathetic, soft, emotional, sensitive
Pokémon:
Popplio (F) - Stella / Pound, Growl, Water Gun

NOTES
• All existing global and role play rules apply, as well as common sense. This doesn’t exactly need to be said, but it’s a friendly reminder.
• I don’t care about gender ratios. Every species, unless it’s 100% male, female, or a-gender, has to breed somehow. Therefore, logic.

Last edited:

MarshmallowCloud

I don’t have much, but I was thinking someone introverted, who was attracted to Popplio’s extroverted personality. I’d name the Popplio Stella, because it means “Star.”

That's so cute! Then maybe I will do someone who is a bit more extroverted. And they will probably take the Rowlett and name it Arrow since that was my Decidueye's name!

MarshmallowCloud

Sounds good! I’ll just type in the form real quick. It’ll be pretty short.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality (List of Words:)*
Pokémon:

*This is so we can be flexible with our characters.

Now for something else important. I’m probably going to set up the opening scenery for the actual role play, if that’s okay, so the question is: where should our characters live? Definitely on Melemele, but possibly in Hau’oli?

Name: Arabelle Beaumont (Belle for Short)
Appearance: Dark Tan Skin with Short Black hair cut into a bob. It is just long enough to sometimes have up in a Ponytail. She has green eyes and moles cover her round face. She usually wears a Pink Tank top with grey skinny jeans and black boots.
Personality:
- Extroverted
- Bubbly
- Loud
- May Come off As Rude
- Hyper
Pokémon:
- Pina Colada/ Pichu (M): Thunder Shock, Tail Whip, Play Nice

Thank you! And yes Hau'oli is fine! Are they going to be established friends or will they be meeting for the first time?

MarshmallowCloud

It’d be interesting if they’d just met for the first time. I’m working on my character, Willow, and she’ll be out soon. I spent a while looking for a suitable name.

Hey I would like to know if there are going to be things like contests in this RP or not. If so then I have a character that I would like to enter.

MarshmallowCloud

Name: Willow Mei Mercury
Appearance: Willow is average-height and slim, and can contort her body into odd positions as a natural skill of hers. Her skin is pale, tanned in some areas by the sunlight. Her hair is long, slightly wavy, and pinkish-light brown, and her eyes are navy. She wears black-rimmed glasses.
Personality: Introverted, bashful, sweet, empathetic, soft, emotional, sensitive
Pokémon:
Popplio (F) - Stella / Pound, Growl, Water Gun

MarshmallowCloud

Ah! I forgot her Popplio! I’ll fix that!
Edit: It’s fixed.

Also, while I’m here, shall we start brainstorming final teams? Maybe we can throw out some ideas and reasons and all that for different characters.

Hehe it's okay! I decided to change Belle's starting Pokemon to a Pichu. The first pokemon I ever caught and kept throughout a journey. Rest in Peace Pina Colada the Pikachu! My friend deleted him to get back at me. :(

Would it be ok for me to be a character who is just there to find themselves and not battle as much as ones who are doing the Alolan challenges?

MarshmallowCloud

Nothing you could’ve ever done to him could invoke that response. Anyway, I’ve also added what I had in mind, that Willow wore black-rimmed glasses. Maybe for Arabella, you could do a Growlithe? They seem to fit each other well.

Poor Poor Pina Colada. Oooo! That's a good Idea! They do match! Also are we going to be playing it like Sun or Moon, since each game has certain Pokemon you can catch only in that game? Or will it just be a hybrid of the two?

@EmoKitty21 Sounds Great!

MarshmallowCloud

Exactly. I was hoping that Team Skull was successful in catching that Yungoos in the first trial? Then, Bella and Willow would have a double battle with the Grunts, losing, but Gumshoos comes to defend them. Ilima allows them to challenge Gumshoos right away because of their bravery, and they end up winning.

MarshmallowCloud

Then it’s settled! Also, I’d like to mention an idea I had for Willow’s team. What if most of her Pokémon have the friendship evolution method, to correspond with her personality? Lopunny, Alolan Persian, and Sylveon/Umbreon/Espeon are candidates. I think I’ll have those on her team, as well as Lurantis. Any suggestions for the last slot?

It depends on the character. Sasha would have a Glaceon as she is a water type/ice type trainer. Grace would have a Sylveon as she is a sweet bean. Though can there be a way for her to have the Glaceon evolve before entering in an ice type place. For example we could have it be an item. Like the ice stone that is in the games do it as well.

You do know that in RPs you can take one other aspects in the games and in the anime to suit the way people will write. I am not saying that it is the way we have to do that. I am more or less just pointing that out.