• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Agh, GTS Electrivire has a HORRID Moveset--Save This Noble Pokemon, Please

Yesterday, I got an Electrivire off the GTS. It was level 100 as well, making me want to use it. However, its moveset is horrid. Could I have suggestions on how to fix it? By the way, it's in Platinum.

Electrivire
@(came with, but can change)Zap Plate
Brave Natured
Unknown EVs

Thunder
Thunderbolt
ThunderPunch
Giga Impact

Stinky, I know. However, I want to use it. How do I fix it?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Hoo boy, a classic case of what I like to call "legendary ass-suckage."

Brave Nature could be better, but it's manageable I suppose since it beefs out your Attack stat nicely. Here's what you can do:

Electivire @ Choice Scarf/Expert Belt/Muscle Band
Brave
Motor Drive

- Thunderbolt/ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Brick Break/Flamethrower

Simple set really, and about as good as it gets for Electivire in all honesty, but then again if Earthquake + Outrage + Fire Blast + Swords Dance is the one set to rule them all for Garchomp, Electivire can get good mileage with this one set also. Thunderbolt works very nicely at catching out Skarmory and Forretress who would otherwise be able to slow you down a bit , although Flamethrower would work better against Forretress and it is definitely more threatening to you than Skarmory is since it gets Earthquake vs Skarmory's Brave Bird - you do the math. Ice Punch gives great coverage alongside your Electric STAB attack as does Earthquake, and although Brick Break grants better coverage than Flamethrower from what I know, Flamethrower's surprise value could catch foes like Steelix and Forretress out if they're not careful, and assuming your Sp.Attack stat is high enough (if it's considerably over 200, that should be enough.) Item is personal preference - Choice Scarf has very high surprise value and can steal a KO out of nowhere for you, and Muscle Band and Expert Belt should need no real explaination.

Thank you, KoL. This has been really helpful. I have made the changes, and found that in in-game play, this thing pwns. I have yet to try it in the Battle Frontier, though. I think I'll put it through the Battle Hall first.