• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A totally normal Galar adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Walt was debating whether or not to fly up and say "good morning" to Vanessa, like they did on TV. He was about to release Trebuchet when he heard a familiar rustling in the bushes. He wasn't sure he really liked Raikiri yet, so he pretended to not notice.

"Taiyo, calm down! They're right here!" Raikiri stumbled over a bush trying to catch up to his Scorbunny. "Oh, hi, Walt. Taiyo was really excited about seeing you and Vanessa again, and he ran off because he was so eager. Have you seen him around here?"

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"He must've missed the camp entirely. Don't blame me that you make more noise than a scorbunny, but I didn't hear him." With a sigh, Walt released Trebuchet and flew up to meet Vanessa to tell her the news. He almost couldn't catch up to the Echo, who was faster than them via experience (Trebuchet was artificially evolved like most of Walt's stage twos), but managed to say, "Raikiri lost Taiyo."

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Vanessa was slingshotted back into the air and almost missed what Walt said. He was riding his Dragapult, and she could just make out the the tiny human shape of Raikiri below. “Okay, that’s enough, Echo,” she called to the Noivern. She caught his tail on the way down and he set her gently down on his back. Bandit immediately curled around her neck.

“Taiyo’s missing?” Vanessa asked, brow creasing in newfound seriousness. “We should start looking for him. Any number of wild Pokémon could be hidden in that forest, and he’s just a Scorbunny. Let’s see... if I was a Scorbunny, where would I go?” She mumbled to herself for a minute, calculating before coming to the conclusion of, “I’m not a Scorbunny! How am I supposed to know where he went?” She took a deep breath. “Okay, let’s start looking.”

Echo made a lazy looping spiral on the way down, and they began skimming the treetops, looking for a telltale flash of red fur or flame. “Hey, Raikiri,” Vanessa called as the Noivern propelled himself slowly past.

Taiyo would be around here because this is where he wanted to be, right? That single thought kept buzzing in Raikiri's head, but Taiyo was nowhere to be found. He looked everywhere that a Scorbunny might be, and even released Kishi to look for him, but found nothing.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Trebuchet fired off Pin and Point, who sped through the trees like nobody else. Eventually, what they found was bad. Taiyo was stuck in a small hole, and three thievuls were attempting to dig out their prey. Walt dropped down and ordered Trebuchet to signal the others. Walt whistled as he sent out Pyrite, Sock and Poppy. With the fox trio's focus, Walt shouted, "Pyrite, power gem! Sock, thunderbolt! Poppy, fire blast!" Two of the thievuls dodged, the other suffered an OHKO from the triple threat of surprise attacks. The wild pokemon simultaneously used snarl, a dark type move that hit multiple targets. All of Walt's pokemon survived, but Blacephalon suffered heavy damage. Trebuchet should've reached them by now. Walt grimaced.

Raikiri was getting really worried when suddenly Trebuchet, Walt's Dragapult, appeared out of the forest. It took Raikiri to where Walt and the Thievuls were, and Raikiri was shocked at where Taiyo was. He got the rabbit out of the hole and by that time, the remaining Thievuls were running towards all of them at full speed. "Taiyo, flame charge!" One of the thievuls was hit full on and bounced back a little as the fight continued.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
The second thievul was rocketing at the trio, and used assurance on Poppy, who fainted. "Trebuchet! Outrage!" Walt retracted his other pokemon as the dragon attacked. With that, the thievuls were finished and Taiyo was officially saved. Without a word, Walt recalled Trebuchet and started back to Wedgehurst.

=Nightshade=

Sounds of a battle came from a little ways away from the stretch of forest Echo and Vanessa were scouring for any signs of Taiyo. “Echo, that way!” Vanessa called, pointing. The Noivern twisted in midair and changed course. The battle was over by the time she arrived, and she could see several Thievuls retreating into the darker depths of the woods. Walt was heading in the opposite direction, towards civilization. Echo landed near Raikiri, and Vanessa dismounted smoothly.

“Are you two okay?” she asked them. “Sorry I didn’t get here earlier.”

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Walt held up a thumb without turning around. I'm getting out of this damned forest. "I'll be loitering around the train station for the next hour if you need me," he called as he trudged through the vegetation.

After that statement, Raikiri tried to follow suit, but Walt was gone. "Alright, well see ya," he said to Vanessa as he too trudged through the brush, but in a different direction. However, Taiyo didn't like this idea. He ran back to Vanessa and wouldn't budge when Raikiri called his name several times. "He's apparently not leaving you," Raikiri mumbled. "He would have gone with Walt but he left too quickly."

=Nightshade=

Vanessa flipped her long blonde hair over one shoulder as she bent down to rub the soft fur on top of Taiyo’s head, smiling. “Interesting. Never seen a Pokémon get attached to others so easily.” She made a face. “Of course, that’s probably because my Pokémon are so social, no?” A joking grin crossed her face. “Actually, Bandit can be social,” she admitted. “Though generally only when he’s trying to steal something.”

"I've never seen Taiyo that attached to someone before," said Raikiri, still eyeing his surroundings carefully. "He does respect a lot of people, but he seems to really possess a liking for you."

=Nightshade=

Vanessa nodded, unsure of what to say to that, when her phone buzzed. She took it out of her belt and glanced at it. An alarm she had set to go off once a week telling her to go make a profit. I could’ve sworn I saw a bar in the city... maybe I could gain some cash from battles. She tucked her phone back into her belt and began to head back towards Echo. She paused before mounting.

“I gotta go,” she said to Raikiri, already pulling up a black scarf to cover up the bottom half of her face. “Need some cash before the day is out, otherwise I’m broke. If you wanna tag along, be my guest, but the place I’m going is more than likely dangerous.”

=Nightshade=

“Cool, then,” Vanessa said, voice slightly muffled by the black fabric pulled up over her face. “I don’t take any chances with these places, you may want to cover your face. Never know if one of the people you beat will have a hankering for revenge. Hop on.” She held out her hand to help Raikiri onto Echo.

=Nightshade=

“Coulda sworn I saw a bar back in the city,” Vanessa answered as Echo took to the sky and began to wheel towards town. “Figured I could get some cash from winning battles. People tend to underestimate me because I’m a girl, but then I kick their butts. I hide my face so they can’t find me later.”

Raikiri took a second to let lateral g-force take effect before replying. "Sounds reasonable. I figure... Oh, there's my hoodie. Alright. You reckon a jacket hood's enough?"

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Probably.” Vanessa scanned the city below, looking for the place she had seen earlier. “There, Echo.” The Noivern circled down for a quiet landing near the bar’s entrance. An old and decrepit sign above the door read Cacturne’s Pride, and loud music pounded inside, followed by the sound of breaking glass. “Oh, boy,” Vanessa muttered under her breath. “The things I do for money.” She pressed her forehead against Echo’s before returning him to his ball. “Let’s go.”

"Alright. Never went on a battle spree before. I figure Taiyo will evolve out of excitement." Although he was happy at the thought of Taiyo evolving, Raikiri did have several inner suspicions about going inside.

=Nightshade=

Vanessa wrestled with her conscience. Of course, she was used to this whole win-money-from-bets-on-battles thing, but she was unsure if she should drag Raikiri into it. She’d been battling for money in bars and taprooms since twelve years old, but Raikiri did not have her experience. Still, she needed the money. She took a deep breath and went through the doors.

Heads swiveled. Several men gave predatory crooked-toothed grins, and a woman gave a cackle. Bandit curled protectively over Vanessa’s shoulders, and her arms tightened on Silver. A man reached for her.

“Look at the pretty girlie,” he sneered loopily, obviously drunk. Silver leaped onto her head to free her hands. The drunk guy grabbed her by the shirt. Vanessa calmly placed both her hands over his, and broke his wrist with a twist and a flick. The man howled.

“Watch where you’re putting your hands,” she said coldly, a totally different person than she had been with Raikiri and Walt. This was her game face. It was go time.

“You’re gonna have to pay for that!” someone shouted from across the room.

“Oh, yeah?” Vanessa asked, smiling, but it didn’t reach her eyes; they were as cold and unyielding as ice. She tossed Echo’s Pokeball up and caught it again before tucking it into her belt. “Make me.” She turned to Raikiri. “Stay back. This could get ugly.”

A massive man clambered over a barstool. “You want a fight?” he growled. “You’ll get a fight. Bets?” Bills and coins appeared from pockets, and a space cleared in the middle of the bar. Someone whistled, another calling, “Go, Tank!”

Vanessa swallowed. The man sent out a Dragonite that looked... nasty to say the least. “Silver,” she said quietly, “I’m counting on you.”

When Vanessa told him to stay back, Raikiri didn't think a guy would hurl an 8ft Dragonite in a bar that looked like it would collapse from a sneeze. He still abided by his acquaintance's orders and took a few steps back. He didn't make eye contact with anyone in the fear that they too would send out something nasty, however, his gaze was fixed on that Dragonite.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Standing at the station, it wasn't long before the police started giving Walt dirty looks out of the corner of their eyes. Walt was used to it by then, being looked at the same way a child looks at broccoli. He saw a the noivern rise from the trees, and watched it disappear behind a building. Wasn't there a bar over there? Damn, this might be fun if they're not already dead.

Walt pushed open the door and saw a decent group of people standing around a battle. He let out Pyrite to split the crowd into two groups to pickpocket. "Maybe one of these asswipes will have something useful," Walt muttered. Walt silently cheered Vanessa on, not only because she was one of three decent people there (her, the bartender, and Raikiri), but also there would likely be a brawl. Walt would attend a bar just to watch or even join in a brawl. As his mother used to say, best part of anything: sports, competitions, just walking down the street, was when a fight broke out. Turning his attention back to stealing, Walt quickly finished up grabbing the intoxicated scums' wallets, and sat back to relax with Pyrite.

=Nightshade=

The man with the Dragonite snorted. “You’re gonna fight my prize Ruthless with that little thing?”

Vanessa said nothing, and Silver’s ghostly branchlike apparitions appeared. The man seemed unfazed.

“Ruthless, use Tackle!” The Dragonite bared its teeth and leaped at the Corsola. Vanessa held her silence, and Silver held still as the Tackle came at her... and phased through her. “What?!”

“Ghost-type,” Vanessa said smugly. She didn’t elaborate; if he couldn’t figure it out, he’d get mad, and frustration causes mistakes. “Power Gem.”

Silver whirled suddenly with unexpected speed and sent a beam of energy at the Dragonite. It flinched back, then came barreling in at full speed, using Leer.

The Corsola froze in unexplained panic. The effects of Leer were taking their toll, regardless of the fact that the Ghost-type was immune to Normal-type damage. Her special defense had just been lowered; unfortunate, because Silver’s highest stat was defense and special defense. “Shake it off, Silver,” Vanessa said grimly. “Use Will-o-Wisp.”

“Light Screen!” the man commanded his Dragonite. He grinned fiercely at Vanessa, confident once again of his victory. The girl regarded him coolly. She didn’t use the move for the damage, though it would’ve admittedly been better if it had caused full damage. She used it for the Burn status condition it would cause. Silver waited patiently, vibrating with energy despite its lowered defense. But before she could use Hex and end the round—

“Brick Break!”

“Silver, use Endure!” Vanessa called wildly. Silver had to pull through the Brick Break to use Hex. If she couldn’t get that last move in...

The Corsola wove from side to side, severely weakened. “Silver, you got one more move in you?” the girl asked softly. The Corsola’s face was full of determination. “Hex.”

The burned Dragonite collapsed. “Ruthless!” the man called. “What... how... you are so dead.” He began to advance on her.

Vanessa had seen this coming. She returned Silver and sprung up on a shelf, preparing for the brawl to come.

(sorry it was so long XD)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
As the battle wrapped up and the faces started to wrinkle in anger, Walt slid out of the chair with a smirk. Showtime. Walt weaved through the drunken crowd, easily dodging the laughable swings of the drunks. Walt didn't see Raikiri in the midst of the battle, but Vanessa, being up on a shelf, was easy to spot. Walt shoved his way through over to were the man who lost the bet was reaching up to Vanessa. Walt broke a bottle over the man's head and tossed a leg of a chair up to her, but by then the dragonite trainer had regained what little drunken awareness he had and got a clean hit on Walt's cheek, staggering him.

=Nightshade=

Vanessa deftly reached out and caught the chair leg Walt had thrown up to her. She clung to the shelf like a squirrel, looking around for a target. She found a target a few seconds later, when the guy clocked Walt upside the head.

“Bandit, you know what to do.” The Linoone leaped off the shelf, his Trainer close behind. He began to scratch and claw at the eyes of the man she had beaten. The man stumbled back, clutching his face, where triple lines of red stood out against the stubble on his cheeks. Vanessa landed smoothly next to Walt and flipped a small dagger out of a sheath concealed on her boot.

“You okay?” she asked him, still warily glancing around. She snatched the wallet of someone getting beaten up with the hand not clutching the knife. Bandit came back to her, a wad of cash gripped in his teeth. Her earnings from the bets placed on the battle. “Where’s Raikiri?”

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"Yeah, I'm fine. Nowhere near as bad as a machoke's backhand, I'll tell you that." Walt's other cheek stung at the memory. "I don't really know where Raikiri is." Walt replied as he looked around. "He's probably being eaten alive out there. Let's go find him." Let's. Walt wasn't used to that word. He shook his head. "C'mon."

=Nightshade=

Vanessa moved fluidly through the mob, slicing at arms and legs that got too close, clobbering what she couldn’t reach with the chair leg. She laughed wildly. Okay, maybe it wasn’t the best time to be having a blast, but this was always the best part of bar battles. Blood dripped from noses and fists, bruises bloomed on cheekbones, and through it all, Vanessa could not see squat. She needed a higher vantage point.

“Echo!” she called as she sent out the Noivern. Several people fell over with the surprise of seeing a huge draconic bat appear in their midst. Then the brawl continued, only now people were whipping out Pokémon. “Oh, boy. Walt, hop on! We’ll be able to see better.”

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"I like to use the 'divide and conquer' strategy," Walt replied, sending out Trebuchet. "Shit. Where the hell is Pyrite now?" Right on cue, the sableye flew past, biting into a terrified vanillish's crystal-like ice. "Fetch, Trebuchet." The ten-foot undead dragon plowed through the crowd like it was nothing, and retrieved Pyrite. "Anyway," Walt said, turning back to Vanessa,"Divide and conquer." Walt hopped on Trebuchet and started searching.

Raikiri had been standing close by Vanessa when the battle between the Dragonite and Silver began, but booked it when people started throwing fists. The exit seemed so close when suddenly a random person ran wildly at him. They had murder in their eyes, so Raikiri ran a lot faster. It wouldn't have helped if he had ducked under a table as the person who was running at him sent out a Pokémon. He was hesitant to see what it was, and once he looked he instantly regretted not running.

It was a full grown Gyarados, and there was no escape from that thing. The person became impatient and shouted, "I ain't got all day! Send out ya Pokeemun!" Raikiri had no choice. He looked at his partner's pokeball before throwing it with a "Go on, Taiyo! I know you can do it!" Taiyo emerged with a determined look and Raikiri knew he sent him out at the right time.

The person laughed. "You reely think that itlle ding will do anyfing to my Mosasaur?" Raikiri did not respond. Instead he shouted "Taiyo, use pound! After that, double kick and flame charge! Use the combo we practiced!" The Gyarados user was confused as to what combo, but still had their monster use Hydro Pump. Taiyo speedily dodged and in that moment, with all the intensity of the battle around them, or whatever force, Taiyo seemed to be strengthened like never before.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Vanessa stood on Echo’s back, shifting imperceptibly to balance with the Noivern’s movements. Echo spun in a circle, wings outstretched, and sent people flying. Bandit stood up on her shoulders.

“See anything, Bandit?” Vanessa anxiously asked the Linoone. In answer, Bandit scampered down to the ground and started running. “Slow down! Echo?” The Noivern awkwardly ran through the mob, chasing Bandit. They skidded to a halt as a Gyarados appeared out of nowhere in front of the door. On the other side of it, she could see Raikiri. “Bandit, get Walt,” she told the Linoone. “Then let’s blow this joint once Raikiri kicks this guy’s butt.”

Taiyo was winning the fight, and he would have won if the guy didn't retract his Gyarados right before the finishing blow. Raikiri knew the guy was angry, so he retracted Taiyo and booked it out of there. Where's Vanessa? he thought to himself as the guy he had just beaten started looking for him.

=Nightshade=

Raikiri had emerged victorious, as Vanessa knew he would, and she scanned the bar for Walt and Bandit. She held her knife aloft as an insurance policy as she dismounted Echo and headed to Raikiri, keeping a watchful eye on the guy he had just beaten.

“Raikiri. Bandit’s gone to get Walt. We should get out of here.” Vanessa whirled and viscously elbowed someone who had gotten to close. “This place is an accident waiting to happen.“

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Walt was still on patrol when a familiar black and white blur bounded near. Bandit called to Walt, and quickly turned back towards the entrance. Walt began to follow, but a stray dragon beam sent Trebuchet tumbling. Walt recalled the dragapult, and landed on his feet... on another man's shoulders. Walt jumped from head to head until a less than graceful landing near the entrance (it was a face plant). Walt rose, groaning. "Let's bail."

"Yeah, that was kind of obvious a few minutes ago," Raikiri said, eyeing the entrance. "Let's go to Motostoke. The Gym Challenge ceremony starts in an hour, and I've got an endorsement from my grandpa to take it on."

=Nightshade=

With one swift movement, Vanessa stowed her knife back in her boot. Bandit curled around her shoulders again as she mounted Echo. “Let’s blow this joint,” she repeated. “Actually with the number of Electric-types here, that may end up being literal. Cmon.”

Raikiri mounted the Noivern, his head full of what the Gym Challenge would be like. "But you two, you don't have endorsements, do you? Ah shit, really wish I could get you two in somehow."

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"You said something about a ceremony, right? I bet I could pick one off someone, easy." Walt lumbered out the front door. "I'm catching a train. You two should come, too. Better than tiring out your pokemon."

Status
Not open for further replies.