• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A totally normal Galar adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“All right, then, Echo,” Vanessa said. She pressed her forehead against Echo’s before returning him to his ball. She let out Silver and had her use Recover to heal herself, then returned the Corsola as well. “Cool. Let’s head out, then.”

The train was fairly easy to get in because a lot of people were using it. On the train, there were several Gym Challengers already in their uniforms, and Raikiri wondered if he should have his already.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
There were plenty of challengers who didn't feel as though they needed to watch their bags closely. That was their mistake. For the challenge, he would need to go under the name 'Karl Bailey,' as that was the name on the letter he stole. "Well, I got that endorsement. What about you, Vanessa? Do you have a letter or... do you need one?" Walt had a tired tone in his voice because of his insomnia.

=Nightshade=

“My parents have friends in high places,” Vanessa said cheerfully. “They’re both Professors. Got endorsements for Gym challenges all over the region, so I’m fine in that respect.” She purposely didn’t mention the fact that she’d run away from home five years ago and had hardly had a diplomatic conversation with her parents since, with one of which she had received the endorsements.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"Alright, we all have our own letters? Damn, if it's a ceremony, there will be lots of light and noise and shit..." Walt gritted his teeth. "Whatever. I'll pick up a mask at Motostoke. There's... someone I don't want seeing me there."

"Aaaand that's our stop," Raikiri said, heading for the train exit. "It's a quarter to two, so we have a decent 45 minutes to get there." The train station was surprisingly at Motostoke, with all the rumors about Wooloo on the tracks. The city was packed with Gym Challengers and their relatives going to watch. Raikiri's mother was going to be watching it on TV (he had told her where he was). They somehow made it to the gym to check in.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Walt had decided on a Guy Fawkes mask before coming. The looks he received with it on were... less than pleasant. But when he went out on the field, he didn't need to worry about being seen. The ceremony was just as expected. Loud and bright. So irritating.

At the point in the ceremony when they brought out the Gym Leaders, Raikiri looked at them and realized that all of them needed to go down in order to get into the Pokemon League. He looked down at Taiyo's pokeball and thought about him and Kishi. His only team. They would need to get stronger if they wanted to win the gym challenge.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Walt looked over at Raikiri and could tell he was having an inner monologue. Why do I have to go around the region with him again? The ceremony was too long, Walt could've fallen asleep. It's not like anyone would notice him closing his eyes behind the mask. He miraculously stayed awake for the remainder of the event, then head out into fresh-ish air again.

After the ceremony, Raikiri was fired up. He wanted to immediately get out in the wild and start his training. "Let's go! We only have so much daylight to travel in!"

=Nightshade=

Vanessa had smiled and waved during the ceremony, but inside, her mind was in impatient turmoil. When could she fight? After the ceremony, she was as eager as Raikiri to send her Pokémon out to fight. Something. Anything. “You bet!”

"First stop, the wild area!" Raikiri had always wanted to explore an open area like the Wild Area. "Let's go! We can find Pokemon there!"

Psymallard

Previously mallard
"Yippee." Walt sounded the polar opposite of excited. "Well, I'll go to." Walt turned heel, and started towards the Motostoke entrance. He even managed to pick a wallet on the way.

As they entered the Wild Area, Raikiri was not hesitant to run off quite instantly, an instinct that he has when overly excited about something. His normal excuse for this was that it was a simple instinct, but now it was that he needed to explore and see all these wonders people have been talking about.
(OOC: this thread is going to die soon if something doesn't happen @Night's Shadow @mallard)

=Nightshade=

“Catch ya on the flip side,” Vanessa said glibly as she mounted Echo. Raikiri had already run off. The giant bat-dragon took to the sky and headed off at a steady pace. The scenery passed below them, trees flying by as fast as Corviknights. She leaned out over a wing to marvel at the sights.

Vanessa pulled a slingshot out of her pocket, as well as a Pokeball. Pull back the sling, aim... fire! A Rookidee, caught. She’d send it back to her parents’ lab when she got the chance. Echo swooped down along the ground and she picked up the Pokeball as they passed.

(OOC: I know. I don’t want this to die, but I can’t think of anything to happen. I’m a writer, not an artist. I can’t do anything until people tell me what to do.)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well!
It has come to my attention that someone here has an unauthorized legendary on their team, and that shit does not fly. @mallard - read our Pokemon Role Play Rules posthaste, and if you are caught breaking RP forum rules again, major action will be taken against you.

Thread is also rather full of one-liners, and while some of them are semi-passable as they are part of interaction scenes, some of them decisively aren't. Not sure how this wasn't reported until now, but better late than never.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.