• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS A Platinum Team for wifi

Spiritomb(Pressure)
Modest
Leftovers
176 HP, 184 Def, 150 SpDef
Will-O-Wisp
Dark Pulse
Pain Split
Spite

Probopass(Magnet Pull)
Relaxed
Leftovers
14 HP, 252 Def, 244 SpDef
Magnet Rise
Toxic
Rest
Power Gem

Drapion(Sniper)
Impish
Razor Claw
255 Atk, 150 Def, 105 Spd
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Earthquake

Porygon-Z(Adaptability)
Modest
Life Orb(Might switch to Wise Glasses)
4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Nasty Plot
Tri-Attack
Thunderbolt
Signal Beam

Togekiss(Serene Grace)
Calm
Salac Berry
148 HP, 252 SpAtk, 110 Spd
Baton Pass
Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Wish

Armaldo(Battle Armor)
Jolly
Choice Band/Scarf, whichever works better
14 HP, 252 Atk, 244 Spd
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Rock Blast

Anything I can improve, item changes, whatnot. Also, please note that I do not follow anything that Smogon makes up(Tiers, most clauses, that junk), so yeah. How is it?

I'm not sure if Probopass should bother with Magnet Rise as fighting type moves are just as common as Earthquake almost, and so while he rises he just gets punched in that large nose of his. Not sure of his move pool, but perhaps Earthquake instead.

With Armaldo, X-Scissor might be a bit more efficient than Iron Tail. And definitely go for the Scarf as he has a decent enough attack as is.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Armaldo(Battle Armor)
Jolly
Choice Band/Scarf, whichever works better
14 HP, 252 Atk, 244 Spd
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Rock Blast

Trying to speed train an Armaldo is a losing battle. Its nature and EVs would be better placed in Defense or Special Defense. Try this moveset out:

Armaldo@Whatever held item you fancy/Physical Choice item (I never remember which it is)
Careful

200 Sp Def EVs
100 Atk EVs
100 Def EVs
The rest in HP

Swords Dance
X-scissor
Rock Slide
Crush Claw/Brick Break/Iron Tail/Filler

OR

X-Scissor
Rock Slide
EQ
Crush Claw/Brick Break/Iron Tail/Filler

That focuses on improving it's already high attack and defense, and compensating for it's slightly lower Sp. Def. This set should let you use at least one SD before attacking. Alternatively, using the Choice item, you have the attack power to take out nearly anything with those moves in, at the most, a 2HKO.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Heh, nice of you to visit El. XD

I agree with GodlessM on Magnet Rise - overall, it's only really useful if you have Ground as your only, or most prominent weakness. Probopass also carries a 4x Fighting weakness, and Fighting is almost as common as Ground usually, if not more so. It also really is only useful if you're carrying a decent amount of Speed or are very good at guessing your opponent's moves - although the Earthquake carriers tend to be obvious, a lot of the would-be carriers of the move (Infernape, Lucario, Salamence etc.) may not carry the move if they run, in their cases, a Special or mixed set. The intricacies of the move don't really make up for the mediocre payoff it grants you in this situation.

Porygon-Z can swap Signal Beam for Ice Beam - the coverage granted by Ice Beam in combination with its other current moves allow you to inflict neutral damage on everything that isn't Magnezone or Shedinja (the latter being incredibly rare.)

I'd also swap Brick Break for Ice Fang on Drapion, so you have a more effective means of taking down Flying-type threats. Ground and Ice grant very, very good coverage together.

Overall, you have very good movesets - I'd take what you have for a test-drive of sorts to see how well everything works, and then edit movesets from there.