• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Kanto Journey

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
APPROVED PEOPLE​
@User 243055, @PlayfulFox47, @The ace of spades, @Blake456, @CrazyWolf
RULES
1. ask to join (not in the RP it's self)
2. maximum characters in two
3. follow the Pokecharms RP rules
CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Appearance (optional):
Pokémon on hand:
MINE
Name: Jackson Smith
Pokémon on hand: Squirtle​
Jackson exited the professors lab with his new and first Pokémon, Squirtle. Jackson was happy to have his first Pokémon. He looked at his Squirtle and smiled. "Squitle?" the turtle Pokémon said confused. Jackson shrugged then started to walk out to route one to find many new Pokémon.

Last edited:
Lily rode on her mother's Seadra, King. She was always close to the seahorse-like pokemon. She walked through the Indigo league and showed the ID from Johto. They let her pass without much trouble. Once she reached route 23 she returned King and decided to return him to her mother at the trade reception in the Pokemon Center.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson walked through route one. He saw Pokémon that he never seen before. The one that caught Jackson’s eye was a purple rat Pokemon. “Woah.” Jackson said “That Pokemon is so cute!”. Jackson pulled out a Pokeball and looked at it, then up at the rat Pokémon. “I will catch that Pokémon.” he said. “Squirtle use... Something!” Jackson said. His Squirtle ran up to the Pokemon and used tackle on it. Jackson quickly threw the Pokeball. It hit the Pokemon, shook around a few times then poof. The Pokemon was caught. Jackson picked up the Pokeball “Hello new friend.” Jackson said smiling.

Lily walked through route 23 and found a Pidgey. She let an electric sheep pokemon out of its pokeball "Mary! Let's catch something before I return King to mom."
"Mareep!"
"Mary, Thundershock!" Mary's wool glowed yellow as it released its electricity. The bird pokemon was hit, and Lily threw a pokeball and caught the bird pokemon.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson made it to Viridian City. His Squirtle was dragging behind, being lazy. Jackson looked at the Pokeball that held his new friend. He smiled, then sent out the Pokemon. “Rattata!” it said “Ratta?”. It looked around confused, then saw Jackson “Hello new friend.” Jackson said to the Pokemon.

Lily entered Viridian City and went to the center. She healed up her pokemon and returned King to her mother. She left the center and found a boy with a Ratata and a Squirtle. She sized him up, he should be easy to take on if he challanged her. She looked forward and pertended not to see him as she walked by with her Mareep, a pasive chalange. Something that would get new trainers wanting to battle her, without her asking. Of course, it could fail, but she would still have a strong chance of him asking.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson saw a girl exit from the Pokemon Center and walk past him with a sheep like Pokémon. “Excuse me miss.” Jackson said nervously “I think your sheep Pokemon looks pretty cool.”. Squirtle looked at the sheep Pokemon, as if he wanted to fight it.

His reaction wasn't exactly what she was looking for, but the look on his Squirtle's face made up for that fact. "Thanks, her name is Mary and she is a Mareep, from the Johto Region, like me." she said. She said it as nicely as possible. She had plenty of practice to making it sound like she cared.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“A Mareep?” Jackson asked “What type is it?”. Jackson’s Squirtle and Rattata looked at the Mareep with confusion and excitement. Squirtle looked like he wanted to battle the Mareep as Rattata looked like he wanted to be friends with the Mareep.

"I'll give you a hint. She was able to get me this guy with one hit." She released her Pidgey, which she named Pudge. "And she is super effective against one of your pokemon." She hoped he wasn't denser than a rock, but she couldn't guarantee anything. Pudge sat on his new trainer's shoulder.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“So electric?” Jackson said. Squirtle’s face turned to shock, not wanting to fight that Mareep anymore. Jackson’s Rattata looked at the Pidgey on the trainers shoulder, then at the trainer. “Oh wait you got one of those Pokémon, I saw those but they didn’t look as cute as the Rattata I have.” Jackson said. “Oh wait, I didn’t introduce myself did I? I’m Jackson, but people call me Jack for short.”.

"And I'm Lily. My Mareep's name is Mary and my Pidgey's name is Pudge. And are you so sure on a Ratata? Their evolution is the cutest thing to look at. Much worse than Pudge here." She said. She had a feeling that he knew very little about pokemon, due to him not knowing what a Pidgey is, even though it looked like he lived in Kanto his entire life. Even if he hasn't he should still know what a Pidgey was if he lived anywhere.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“Oh so that Pokémon is called a Pidgey.” Jackson said. Jackson was never allowed outside his house to see Pokémon, so he didn’t know a lot of Pokémon by name. He would sometimes sneak out to look at Pokémon but would usually be caught outside his house.

"Yes, how could you not know what a Pidgey is? I mean they are everywhere!" She waved her arms in exaggeration. Man, he was denser than a rock! She could understand him not knowing what a Mareep was due to not many of then showing up in Kanto, but Pidgey? They were the common of the common. She shook her head and shot air out of her nose. She pursed her lips. "You know what? You know next to nothing about pokemon, come with me and I'll teach you everything I know."

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“The reason I don’t know what a Pidgey is because I was never allowed outside the house for any reason.” Jackson said, practically yelling. “My parents always thought I should never go outside because it’s dangerous.” he said doing air quotes with his fingers.

"Whoah, dude, calm down! I was just surprised you didn't know what a Pidgey was. Listen, I know more about pokemon than most kids my age. My mother basically raised me with pokemon. I'm sorry if I made you upset, it's just most kids our age know what a Pidgey is." She was taken aback from Jack's sudden outburst. She just offered him a traveling companion and he started to yell at her. If he didn't want it then so be it, but he didn't have to yell at her.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson took a deep breath “Sorry.” he said. Jackson hung his head low, ashamed of what he did. Jackson was a kind person, but a over sensitive one. Jackson rose up his head then looked in the direction of Lily “So what was that about me knowing next to nothing about Pokémon, I kinda wasn’t listening.” he said.

"I offered to teach you over time. That means I was offering to travel with you, but I'm not sure if I want to anymore since I got yelled at." She shrugged. Pudge was now on top of the Center due to him getting spooked. Mary was shaking behind her trainer and Lily was a bit angry, but it was well hidden. If he did accept, then she wouldn't tell him no, but she was still upset at him yelling at her.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
“Look I said I’m sorry.” Jackson said. Jackson’s Squirtle started to laugh at Mareep for being scared. Rattata looked up at the Pidgey to see it was on top of the Pokemon Center. “But...” Jackson started “If that traveling option is still available, then I’ll take it.”.

Mary didn't like to be laughed at. She got out of hiding and pretended to use Thundershock at Squirtle, missing him by an inch. Pudge laughed at the Squirtle that almost got fried. Lily raised an eyebrow at her pokemon, but left it at that. She'll deal with them later. "Luckily for you, I don't take away my offers after the first five minutes."

RebelGirl198

Previously The ace of spades
CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Nyx
Pokémon on hand: Shiny eevee and treecko

Nyx was upset, having to travel all the way from lavender town to pallet town to get a pokemon only to be turned away. Before she left, the professor gave her the basic items given to starter trainers, a pokedex and some pokeballs and told her she can still get a starter pkemon on the way back home.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
OOC: she told me her Eevee isn't in her Pokeball. Also I hope this is three lines cause I'm being rushed to go.

BIC: Jackson saw a girl walking with a white dog Pokémon. "Hello!" Jackson scream to the girl waving his hand. Jackson's Squirtle jumped out of the way of the Mareep's thunder attack. "SQUIRT!" Squirtle said at the Mareep. Rattata laughed at Squirtle, mocking him.

OOC: I'm just going to have my character assume that the Eevee is a male due to the male to female ratio for Eevee being more males than females
Lily facepalmed. Was he going to be this overly friendly with everyone? She couldn't believe this! She looked at the trainer that Jack was waving at. A silver Eevee? No, she wasn't seeing things right. This girl couldn't have a shiny, she just couldn't. Unless she did. But what person would part with a rarely colored pokemon? She decided to get up close and find out for herself. "Nice Eevee you got," She started. "Where did you find such a rare colored version? I mean it must of been very difficult to find him."

RebelGirl198

Nyx jumped, who ever had screamed startled her and she wasn't happy about it. She looked up and saw a boy with his pokemon around. "Um, Hi!" she shouted back and noticed her eevee happily jogging toward the boy's pokemon.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson's Squirtle looked at the Eevee. "Squirtle." he taunted. Rattata looked back at the Pidgey on the Pokémon Center. Jackson run up to the person that Lily was talking to. Rattata and Squirtle followed him. Squirtle turned around and stuck out his tounge at the Eevee, then ran after Jackson and Rattata.

RebelGirl198

As nyx followed her eevee, she noticed a girl behind the boy. Probably doing their journey together, she thought, fixing her streak purple in her hair under her beanie. When she got close enough, she heard the girl ask about her eevee, and couldn't decide if it's was out of jealousy like the other trainers had given her or if she was trying to be friendly, but decided to try to talk to her. "It wasn't actually very difficult to find him, in fact he is my very first pokemon. I caught him on the way back home to lavender town after being told that I was to late to get a starter pokemon by the professor in pallet town."

Last edited:
Lily nodded. "Makes sense. I don't think anyone would part from a shiny. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a cheap catch like 'I got it from my parents.' Now would you mind telling me which route?" This might be her chance to get herself a Vaporeon. She always love the water-fox pokemon, more than the rest. "I know you told me it was by Lavender Town, but was it to the north to the south or maybe it's east or west."

RebelGirl198

"It's east of here, but I actually got it on the way from pallet town, I'm working on getting at least two other pokemon before getting my first gym badge." Nyx said, trying to rap this conversation up with this girl so she could be on her way to catch some more pokemon before battling the cerulean city gym. She looked at the guy again and noticed the mareep with him. Digging her hands into her the pocket's of her jacket, she asked him "hey, I was wondering were you got your mareep, I've been looking for one so I can get an ampharos but haven't been able to find one."

"Um, the Mareep is mine. And Mareep are found in Johto. You'll have to ride a water type to get there then you'll have to go to route 32. I got her from an egg, then I raised her." Lily said. She couldn't believe she thought Mary was owned by this boy! Mary walked up to her trainer and bleated. Oh, how much she loved the sheep-like pokemon that stood next to her. Pudge also took it as a sign to show that Lily was his trainer.

RebelGirl198

“Sorry, I didn’t realize that the mareep is yours.” Nyx quickly said, trying to stay on this trainers good side. This always happened when talking to new people, she thought, probably because she grew up with almost no kids her age around her. Trying to leave, she said “I better get going, Eevee needs to rest before going out to train again.”

"It's fine. Also if you are resting your Eevee, go to the center over there. And if you want we can wait by Victory Road for you. I hear there are Nidorans in the grass over there." Lily offered. She didn't care if the girl said no, but it was safer to travel in groups. She also needed to get Jack away from her for a little bit so then she could punish Mary for pretending to attack Jack's Squirtle.

RebelGirl198

“Thanks, I guess I’ll be meeting up with you soon.” Picking up her eevee, nyx started to walk to the poke center so her eevee, Nico could rest a bit and to collect some supplies for the journey, such as potions and poke balls. After dropping eevee off with nurse joy and buying some poke-balls and potions, she pulled a poke ball out of her bag. When she pushed the button, a treecko appeared in front of her and leapt happily into her lap. “You wanted to get of that ball, didn't you, well we’re going to be traveling with a group, so it’s okay for you to stay out as long as you don't wander off again.” Nyx said. Her treecko nodded and jumped into her bag that was laying on the ground. After picking up eevee, nyx made her way to victory road to met up with those two trainers again.

Last edited:

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson sighed, “I guess I’ll wait at that Victory Road place then.”. Jackson returned Rattata and started to walk to Victory Road. Squirtle looked at Mareep then followed Jackson to Victory Road. When Jackson got there he sighed. He looked at Squirtle “I have a feeling like Lily is mad at me.” Jackson said.

When Lily was sure neither of the two was near she started to scold her pokemon. "What were you thinking! You are not to hurt other pokemon, even if you are faking it! I don't care if he was laughing at you, his trainer should correct him, not you. Now you are going to be in the pokeball for the rest of the day, understood?" Mary nodded and was recalled. Lily then came to Jack with Pudge sitting on her shoulder. "Sorry, had to take care of one of my pokemon. She was causing trouble."

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
OOC: I had no idea what to type in this post after the first sentence so sorry if after that it’s trash.

BIC: Jackson turned around to look at Lily “Oh, is that why your Mareep isn’t with you?” Jackson asked Lily. Squirtle looked at the Pidgey on Lily’s shoulder, then looked back at the trees that had flourishing green leaves.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Blake
Pokémon on hand: Pikachu

Blake had just entered Viridian City from route 1 after recieving a Pikachu from the professor. He was excited to finally explore the world with pokemon, however some of the excitment was tarnished due to him and Pikachu not starting at a good start. He'd turn to the electirc mouse, who was in turn being dragged by him on a leash, only for him to be greeted by an angry glare.

Lily nodded. "I expect better from her." She walked into the grass and started to look for a pokemon. She eventually found a blue Nidoran, a female. She had Pudge fight her. The poison point pokemon was no match for her Pidgey. She threw a pokeball at the blue poison bunny and caught it.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
OOC: time for my new OC.

Name: Emily
Pokémon on hand: Larvatair and Ember (Charmander)

BIC: “Pfft.” a voice said “You know you should fight it first stupid.” the person said to Lily. The person had a Charmander and another Pokémon Jackson didn’t know. Jackson thought the person didn’t see him, as she kept talking rudely to Lily.

"I know and I did, Emily. Now, what is it that you and your Larvatair want?" She turned around and saw that she received a Charmander. "That's cheap. Getting a pokemon from the professor even though you already had a starter, I thought you were above that." Lily sassed. She then walked over to Jack. "Come on, let's get you your second catch." She said as she pushed Jack down the road.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Jackson was being pushed by Lily. “I can walk, and who was that?” Jackson asked Lily confused. He had no idea who that person was or why she was being mean to Lily. Jackson heard the girl yell something but he couldn’t make out what she said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emily saw Lily leave with Jackson. She smiled “Awww look at that cute date!” she laughed, her Pokemon did as well. Emily stopped laughing “Let’s follow her.” she started walking after Lily and Jackson.