• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Fateful Encounter

OOC: Just to let y'all know, I'm gonna be camping for the weekend. C'ya on Monday peoples!

BIC: Sceptile didn't have enough time to bask in his newfound health stolen from Eli, for the Gallade was already coming at him with a Psycho Cut. Without thinkiing, Sceptile knew what to do: he would dodge to the side and once that happens, he'll-

SLICE!

Sceptile is suddenly slammed to the ground hard, and the time frame of one blink, Eli had landed the Psycho Cut. How did that happen so fast? Mark could've sworn the Gallade was 20 feet away! This is gonna be alot more harder than he thought. Sceptile, on the other hand, isn't going to relish in his health,as it is all being taken away before Mark's eyes. When the blur of purple energy had finished cutting into Sceptile head, Mark's Pokemon was lying face-down in a minimal crater, not moving.

Knocked out without even being able to struggle back to life.

With a still-stunned look on his face, Mark reluctantly retreated his Sceptile.

"It's ok buddy. I'll be there for ya when you wake up." Mark gave a small chuckle, then brought his attention back to the beautiful yet extremely deadly Ishtar.

"I gotta hand it to you, Ishtar, you really know how to battle your Pokemon." This is true, for her Pokemon had demolished both his Salamence and Sceptile. However, Mark had saved the best for last for this final round.

"But this is about to get more interesting. Oh, Dragonite! You ready to party?" And with those words, Dragonite, who had been flying overhead the whole time, suddenly swooped down and landed with a thud on the ground. Giving a graceful bow, Dragonite stood proud and strong, ready for the true battle to begin.

"This isn't like any other Dragonite you've faced. This one is the descendant of the very first Dragonite discovered. A direct bloodline. He knows moves not many are able to learn. But I'm sure you'll learn that soon enough."

There Mark and Dragonite stood, friends from birth, once again ready to have a glorious battle. Mark just hopes Ishtar can take it. It's time for the final round to begin.

"Ok, Ishtar, you ready?"

Eli had just about collasped from his final move, but refused to go back into his pokeball.

"You're in no condition to take on a Caterpie," Ishtar berated him, "much less a Dragonite."

"I know that," Eli said, "but I want to watch the fight." He staggered over to Ishtar and sat down resting his weak limbs. Ishtar sighed and handed him a Super Potion, and looked at the Dragonite. She had a feeling that she had to face this last.

"The descendent of the first Dragonite huh?" Ishtar said, raising her eyebrows in suprise. "Quite a rarity, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be any less softer." She had already made up her mind with her pokemon. She pulled a single, shiny red pokeball off her belt. "This pokemon," she said, "is perhaps my most loyal, besides Nix of course. I raised her ever since I hatched her egg when it fell out of her parent's nest. She would probably give her life up for mine, but enough talk. Go, Sugar!" She threw the pokeball in the air, and the beam of white light materialized into a white pokemon.

It was white, as said, and hovered slightly off the ground with triangluar shaped wings. It didn't have much of a neck, a kind face, its belly was speckled with blue and red, and three spikes tipped off its head, the middle white and the others blue and red. The Togekiss chirpped and floated closer to Ishtar.

Kalseng was significantly entertained with the barrages of color, light, and battling. But he also felt sad, bored, and lonely. He was itching for a battle. When was the last time? A month? Maybe two? The festival of Stars wasn't too far off. He'd have to make note of traveling there. What delicacies were being served this year? Kalseng shook his head, reminding himself of the battle at hand. Some poor trainer decided to tap Mark on the back as he battled. Maybe not such a good idea? Kalseng still remained anxious, yet entertained. When was it gonna be his turn?

[[OOC: Seriously, pplz! I wanna play! ;A;]]

OOC: I'm sorry Kalseng. I tend to focus on one subject at a time. I'll see what I can do to include you. Trust me, once this battle ends, I'm gonna turn this into an adventure!

BIC: Amazing. Mark had never seen a real Togekiss before. Like its Trainer, it radiates beauty from all angles. Hovering slightly, it displays an intense stare that seems to spark a flinch out of Dragonite. But that isn't gonna sway Mark or Dragonite's determination. Dragoon, as Dragonite is called by Mark, is not like the others, and is sure to inspire surprise in Ishtar and Sugar.

"Ok Dragoon, Thunderbolt!" Not many non-Electric Pokemon can conduct elecricity inside them. But, as said before, Dragoon isn't a normal Dragonite. Dragonite's round belly begins to crackle with electric sparks, rising slowly to both of his arms, and with a sudden thunder rumble, lightening bolts shot from his stubby fingers, screeching toward the graceful Togekiss...

Once that commenced, Mark felt a sudden tap on his shoulder. It was Rikku! Suddenly, a wave of embarrasment flooded into his body.

"I'm sorry, Rikku. The battle completely caught my attention. If it isn't too much trouble, there is a Gallade on the sideline over there. I wanna make sure Ishtar's Pokemon are okay, and Eli over there looks hurt. Can you make sure he's fine?"

OOC: Sorry, Kalseng and Rikku. That's the best I can come up with. I hope you don't mind...  :-\

"Sugar!" Ishtar called to her Togekiss, "Fly closer to the Dragonite!

"But what about the Thunderbolt?" Sugar mildly protested.

"Let it hit, but be ready for it." Ishtar called back. Sugar gave her an increludos look and flew closer to the Dragonite, trying to come at him from the left side. But, Thunderbolt had its own laws, and it suddenly changed direction and hit Sugar dead on. She was prepared for it, but she still let out a cry of pain. "Now!" Ishtar called, "Use Ice Beam!"

Getting the point, Sugar breathed in deeply, a few frosty snowflakes appeared around her mouth as she did; she blew out, only a whitish-blue beam came out of her mouth, at the front of the beam was a block of ice, ready to smash into Dragoon.

Meanwhile, Ishtar and Eli were having a little argumnet as the battle progressed.

"If Sugar faints I'm going back out there." Eli announced.

"No you're not." Ishtar growled.

"But I haven't fainted yet, so technically I'm not out of the battle." Eli countered, he did have a good point. "Neither did Nix for that matter."

"Unlike you, Nix knows his limits. He doesn't push past them like you do."

"Whether you like it or not, I'm going back out there. You're only out of the battle when you've fainted."

The little dispute continued back and forth, as Ishtar saw the others, Kalseng and Rikku, practically quiver with anticipation of the battle. She wondered if they liked to battle also.

(Gah. *stabs with a knife*)

Dave jumped out of the water on his Empoleons back when he saw what was going on.
"Alright! A battle! This is cool, right Empoleon?" Empoleon nodded in agreement. The both of them love battles. They couldn't resist to watch. His other Pokemon loved battles as well. He sent them out to learn alittle from it.
"Go my Pokemon!" His other Pokemon came out of their Pokeballs. Mothim spun around in air the from the aroma of the flowers. Electivire sat down. Politoed jumped in the lake. Leafeon chased some butterflies, and Lucario just stood there watching.

"Quick Dragonite! Use Flamethrower against the Ice Beam!" And with a quick nod, Dragonite's body began to heat up, and a spiral of fire shot from his mouth, heading straight for the beam of ice. When the two beams crossed, an enormous pillar of steam erupted from the epicenter, blinding Mark from the rest of the battle, not able to see what was going on. However, once the smoke cleared, he saw Dragoon, staring face-to-face with Sugar.

'Man, that Togekiss is fast,' Mark thought. 'I need to find something out quick before she outruns Dragoon. I can't keep blocking attacks. I gotta try something'

"Alright, boy! I know we haven't trained much with this, but lets give it a shot! Dragon Pulse!"

Dragonite understood, and began to tremble, shutting his eyes and apparently concentrating very hard. All of a sudden, Dragoon opened his eyes, and they were glowing a bright yellow. Soon, his body was engulfed in a purplish-blue flame, and you could see power surging all around his body. And with a deafening roar, ribbons of energy erupted from Dragoon's mouth, creating a web of power, and began streaking its way to Sugar...

"Sugar! Hit those things with Aura Sphere!" Ishtar commanded. Sugar closed her eyes too, she glowed a bright blue, and opened her mouth again. This time, she shot out a small sphere of translucent blue energy. It collided with a few of the strings of power with a bang like a gunshot, and a cloud of smoke appeared. Sugar kept shooting the balls of energy, multiple bangs sounded, and the smoke grew so thick that you couldn't see your own hand if it slapped you on the face.

"I can't see!" Sugar cried, floating about aimlessly. Suddenly, a few streaks of power that she missed collided with her body, and she yelped. The force of the attack mercifully sent her flying out of the smoke and onto the grass.

"Roost!" Ishtar called. Sugar flopped back onto her feet and folded in her wings in an odd sitting position. She glowed another bright blue and the bruises that were beginning to form vanished. Leaving a healthy pokemon behind. "Now, Extreme Speed." Sugar flapped her wings at their fullest length and was off like a shot. She rose upwards, over the smoke cloud and looked aroun, until her sharp black eyes spotted the huge shadow unmistakebly of the Dragonite. She folded her wings and skydived out of the blue. She became a white blur, and she shot like and arrow into the gray, unforgiving smoke.

OOC: I apologize, guys. School has been kicking my butt nowadays. But I'm gonna try and stay on here :)

BIC: "What the-?! I can't see!"

That was all Mark could say when all of a sudden, Dragonite was blasted backwards about ten feet, with what looked like a blinding white arrow going through his belly. Mark's jaw dropped. He's never seen anything so fast! And with such force, too! Dragoon rolled back once, and managed to get to his feet before rolling right into Mark, his eyes spinning with dizziness.

"Alright! Easy there, boy! Relax. Now, quickly before Sugar can roost again, Seismic Toss!"

With a quick nod of his head, Dragonite bolted toward the Togekiss before she could land, and swung his arm fast around her body, holding her tight to his body. Dragoon suddenly bolted into the blue sky, past the trees and monoliths, past the flock of Starlys, past an airplane, and into an immense, fluffy cloud. Dragonite's attention was suddenly caught by a last-minute thought, sent by Mark.

'Remember, Thunder Wave her wings. Defeats the purpose of you throw her down and she can still fly'

Electricity coursed through Dragoon's own wings, and with a sudden boom, the same electricity shot into Sugar's wings, forcing them to fold back, making the Togekiss freeze, exempt from the kicking feet. And like a javelin, Dragonite threw Sugar down,down,down into the ground, streaming straight for the clearing from which Dragoon took off from....

(It's okay Marky. Everyone has a life outside the Internet world)

"Oh no," Ishtar whispered when she saw what was going on. She had rarely seen a trainer with such a battle tactic before. Her jaw dropped much like Marky's, and her stomach felt as if a stone had just been dropped in it.

"Not good," Eli annouced, "can't we counter or some-gah!" Apparently, he had tried to stand up, but battle injuries were an obstacle there. He slumped back down.

"Sugar!" Ishtar shouted, an then realised that up that high, it was impossible for the Togekiss the hear her. Sugar, she put a telepathic link up between her and Sugar, use Reflect just before you hit the ground.

Why don't I use something that'll get rid of this paralysis?! She asked, frustrated.

You don't know anything like that. You're just going to wait it out, but we could use this to our advantage. You could practically see the gears turning in Ishtar's mind.

What? The frustration had gone from Sugar's voice, either from suprise, or from that fact that she was now ten feet from the ground. A translucent barrier formed around her body, and it broke as it absorbed half of the force of her being thrown to the ground. She let out a tiny whimper, and raised her head slightly. Her wings had crumpled under her, but now they would move in short, jerky movements from the electircity coursing through them. The Roost and Reflect prevented most of the damage, but it had certainly left its mark.

Ishtar glanced up at the Dragonite gliding slowly to the ground. "Sugar," Ishtar said in the calmest voice she could manage, which was actually pretty calm. "Try to move, if you can," she dropped her voice lower so only she and Sugar could hear it, "use Facade when the Dragonite gets close enough."

Nice retaliation. Eli remarked as he slowly stole another Super Potion from Ishtar's pack.

"Yes indeed. Now I hope you can replace that." Ishtar said gently but severely.

Course not. Eli said, somehow spraying it on with a lack of fingers.

Ishtar noticed, that Sugar had gotten unsteadily to her feet, and now looked up at Dragonite. She began to glow a golden glow, like she had when she was doing Aura Sphere. With the speed that left Ishtar wondering if a paralysed was actually capable of doing, Sugar shot off into the air again, sometimes slowing down with status difficulties. She now became a small sun that was on a straight collision course with another golden thing; the Dragonite.

"How long is this gonna go on?"

Still amazed as to how fast Sugar had recovered from that throwdown, Mark watched in awe as the Togekiss had somehow transformed into a miniature sun and rocketed toward Dragoon. Is Ishtar a PokeMon Master and not telling him? That could be the only possible explanation for this display of sheer talent.

'Hmm,' Mark thought, 'she's beautiful, talented, and communicates with her PokeMon on a subconscious level...Yep, I ran into a pro', and judging by the look on Dragoon's face as the glowing sphere drew closer to him, he had realized this too, but that only bolstered his determination to prove himself against such a fine trainer.

"Dragonite, CATCH!"

The Dragon Pokemon spread his tiny arms as wide as he could right as the Togekiss collided with his belly. The glowing sun, however, had continued to try and plow right through Dragoon, but he was not going to let up. Dragonite roared with pain, but wouldn't let go. Mark had to think fast. This was his last move. Hopefully, it would work. He only hoped...

"Dragoon, OUTRAGE!"

With those last words of the battle, Dragonite mustered up his energy, and began to glow a dark purple. Still clutching Sugar in his tiny arms, large amounts of energy ran through Dragoon's entire body. A small sphere had appeared right at the heart of the collison. At first, it was small and light purple, but it soon grew and turned red as it began to manifest in between the two PokeMon. And then, in a swirling red and gold explosion, the ball detonated.

Smoke enveloped the scene.....

OOC: *Dramatic suspense music ensues......

Ishtar cried out in suprise but mostly...pain. The link between her and Sugar was so strong that Ishtar could feel a jolt of pain that made her flinch and put a hand to her forehead. She closed her eyes, for she didn't need to see the white dot drop out of the sky like a stone and hit the ground with a thud that caused another flinch from Ishtar. She could hear Eli beginning to stand up.

"Stay. Where. You are." Ishtar breathed, taking in gasps of air betwwen the words. She was starting to get a headache. She opened her eyes and almost shut them again.

Not twenty feet in front of her, Sugar had landed on her underside. Her wings spread out wide, still somehow managing to look graceful although greatly injured. But, the gracefulness and beauty was not much, for there were scorching burns covering Sugar's body, destroying the natural bauty. Sugar raised her head, whimpered, and dropped it back down. She used her wings to steady herself as she struggled back to her feet.

Ishtar breathed through her her nose and back out. "Sugar," she whispered, "You are defeated. Don't argue, just return." She held out the pokeball and let the red laser wash over her defeated pokemon's body and absorb it back into the pokeball. Eli took a step forward and suddenly walked into Ishtar's outstretched arm. "No," Ishtar whispered, 'I know what you're going to do and won't allow it. It wouldn't be fair." Eli grumbled and crossed his arms defiently.

Ishtar looked up and smiled a smile that semed just a bit sad, her eyes covered up her pain. "Well Marky, I have to say, you're a wonderful trainer. I haven't been beaten since..." Her voice trailed off in thought. "Never mind. The point is, you win."

While Mark was excited that he had won, his excitement evaporated when he saw Ishtar. She looked like she was in pain. He would never be able to forgive himself if he hurt a fellow Trainer.

Dragoon was beaten and battered, and already dragged his way to the side of the field and plopped alongside Eli, the Gallade. While tired, he was worried about Ishtar's condition as well.

Mark ran to her side, put his arm around her shoulder, and began to talk to her. He was trained to handle any medical emergency, and Mark was making sure she wasn't going into shock, so he began to talk to keep her awake. Drowning with worry, he began to ask..

"Are you ok, Ishtar?"

Dragoon was- at least, from what it looked like- talking to Eli, and judging from the look on his face, Mark assumed he was asking the Gallade how Ishtar was doing.

But Mark didn't have time to worry about that. He focused his attention back to Ishtar, tried to comfort her...and then it hit him. This was his fault. She stated before that she had a mental connection with her PokeMon, and the pain that he had caused Sugar must've take its toll on Ishtar's psyche. He quickly pulled a water bottle out of his messenger bag, and offered it to Ishtar...

OOC: Ok, with this battle over, I'm gonna get a plot started! I can't wait!

"Hm?" Ishtar said faintly, "oh I'm fine. Sort of." She gratefully accepted the water bottle and took a huge gulp as if trying to half-drown herself. "You shouldn't be too worried about me. I'll be fine. Only most of the pain is not physical, I just remember the last time I was defeated..." Her voice trailed off and her eyes became distant, as if remembering something.

Eli stopped his conversation with telling Dragoon that Ishtar would be fine and turned to his trainer. He poked her arm. Ishtar responded by starting badly and letting out a tiny yelp, like someone who had been rudely awakened from a good sleep.

"What?" She snapped irritably, turning to glare at Eli.

Yep, Eli told everyone telepathically, she'll be fine. He dropped his link to privately converse with Ishtar. Don't wallow in memories for too long. You'll get all depressed and go emo or something.

Ishtar snorted. "As if," she mumbled in disgust. Yep, the pain had definetly worn off. Eli ruffled her cap good-naturedly and winked at Marky, giving him a thumbs up behind Ishtar's view. He still would've liked to use Destiny Bond, but Ishtar was the commander. Even though caught wild, Eli and his sisters, Artemis and Kiera, had a great-great grandfather that knew the move, and passed it onto his children, who's mother was born wild. And then the passing down of moves began, until it landed upon the latest trio: Eli, Artemis, and Kiera.

Ishtar waved Eli's hand away, for he would mess up her hair. "So, what do I have to give you?" She asked Marky.

"Nothing materialistic, Ishtar. Simply your company will be more than rewarding." He winked, "What I meant is, I am about to embark on a simple quest. No, its not to go beat the Elite Four, but simply an adventure to escape the hustle and bustle of the cities and the tournaments. Basically, its a journey with no destination! We'll explore what hasn't been explored, and discover amazing things, no doubt!"

Mark half-smiled to himself. He had been preparing that speech for quite sometime. He was simply resting here, in this clearing, to relax before embarking on this quest. Hopefully, Ishtar will agree. She was beautiful, no doubt, but it was more than that as to why Mark wanted her to come.

She has this connection with her PokeMon. She understands them, clearly. She shares a symbiotic relationship with them. She is a very special Trainer. She displays great confidence, alongside a great attitude. Trainers like her don't come around often. Having her to come on this journey of the unknown world would be the greatest thing to happen to him.

However, they must prepare. Dragoon needed a night of healing, and looking at Eli, Nix, and certainly Sugar's state, they might need that night as well. With the Trainer's consent of course.

"Would a lovely woman such as yourself honor me by accompanying me on this journey? We need a night of rest, of course, and I have a place, right here in Twinleaf Town. You and your PokeMon can rest there."

Istar smiled widely. "Of course, I would love to." She had in fact, always had that idea in her head for quite some time now. But the reality of life had always been an obstacle and every time Ishtar was about to try and go the the "quest", something popped up and prevented it.

But now it might look as if that might change.

Maybe it was a good idea after all to come to this place. Ishtar nodded again at Marky's suggestion of letting their pokemon heal from the wounds of the recently ended battle. "It would be the best course of action." She turned her head to look at the other trainer in the monolith, the one who had watched from the sidelines of their battle. "Do you think he would like to come too?" She asked thoughtfully.

(By "him" I mean Kalseng. :p )

"Of course he can come, no party restrictions", chuckled Mark. He did feel bad, letting him watch the whole thing, and hopefully he would agree to join, as well. His abilities would no doubt be priceless on the journey, for none of them know what they will run into.

However, healing must take place first. Kalseng hopefully won't mind staying for one night. If he agrees to join in, they would have to stop for supplies, as well. But as to how many people can come, there is no limit!

"What do you say, Kalseng?" Mark cried out across the clearing.