• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A brand new start Discussion

I was thinking I would make a post with Edwyn in Santalune, and have him hang around there until you guys make it. No need for everyone to meet in Aquacorde, right?

I suppose it would be good for the RP not to be TOO convenient XD. I fear that it would be a while before that point, though.

Last edited:
That sounds like a possibility. Whatever creates the right scenario for this little gang to exist, I suppose. Although, whether it's one where everyone still pretty much does everything solo or actually stays together has yet to be established.

That's right. Everything's all ready for us to play. As for how we meet Edwyn, how about the rival is battling you and we come across the tustle as it ends? be a nice segue into introducing him as well.

Also, speaking of meeting up, how about we all meet at the bridge? We're gonna have to go through there eventually, so why not?

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool scenario. Although, calling him "Rival" is kinda confusing to me. I mean, wouldn't all of us be rivals to an extent, the only difference being that we're friends and he's not? Or would he be initially? Lol so many questions. I suppose I'll get my answer as the story progresses.

So, who posts next? Does it matter, or can we all just post... :p

As for meeting up, I guess the rival battle could work. I was thinking Edwyn could get lost in the Santalune Forest and just happen across your group, and he decides to stick with you to help him get out.

That sounds like an idea, though I would like to introduce the rival sometime soon. On an aside note, how're you all for heading to Sycamore's pokemon lab? As new trainers we do get invitations there (as long as we call ahead first)

That sounds like an idea, though I would like to introduce the rival sometime soon. On an aside note, how're you all for heading to Sycamore's pokemon lab? As new trainers we do get invitations there (as long as we call ahead first)

Yes, this will have to be particularly interesting for Edwyn, who actually works for Professor Sycamore at the time... maybe he can give them a personal tour or something?

No idea. I can't post because I'm waiting for her. We could have it so that Page goes on ahead to meet Edwin and indroduce the douche-rival. We'd have two separate groups for a little bit. We should wait a little longer to determine her status, though.

Like I said, not sure how we should do things exactly if shakespearmint is gonna be gone for a while. I was just sharing an idea.

Also, never actually described all aspects of Aran's character cuz they're kinda sensitive, deep, and unique I suppose. Having it be slowly explained throughout the RP would be WAY more entertaining. It's hinted one time in the backstory, though. Albeit, a VERY vague hint.

My character would have just arrived, but I'll assume he got one beforehand for convenience sake. And welcome back, Shakespearmint! We hope you're feeling better.

Question: if Aran and Kit are about to be engaged in conversation, would it be alright if we post back and forth instead of going in order so that we can catch up to Page on the bridge?

Eh, I don't know. We could continue with Edwyn and the rival in the meantime. After all, wasn't the plan to reach them in the forest, already battling?

How about this, you guys have your conversation when you can, Edwyn can have his battle as well, and you post here and say when you're finished so we know to go back to proper order?

I feel like I'm making this more complicated than it has to be. Now that I think about it, we might not need to go out of post order since Edwyn's encounter with the rival will likely take even longer than the conversation.

I think the system we have is already fine. If there are any problems then we can easily solve them when they show up. I'm up for your idea too, though. Whatever makes the RP flow smoothly.

The turn order is Page, Shakespearmint, Quake, then Acroticus if I remember correctly. So we'll see more of Edwyn in the next post.

I mean in the public eye. Would your characters have heard of Team Rocket before this RP? I would like to introduce them as an unknown antagonist in the sense that no- one in Kalos would have heard of them before. The fall of Team Flare five years ago was very public, though, so they've been forced underground and there's still work being done to root them all out.

Although few would notice that they're in Kalos, I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet would know who they are in general except for people living isolated their whole lives. I imagine Team Rocket to be notorious enough to be heard of even in other regions.

As for my character, yes. He hasn't been to Kanto nor Johto as of yet, but he would have still known about them for a long time through general talk and media.