• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A brand new start Discussion

I'll get yall tonight or the morning sometime. No worries

EDIT!
All done ♥ It's not very long but it's conversation so I don't wanna be too verbose

Last edited:
Just had a thought, what if Monique has a run in with the Jerk on the bridge? It would make for a good segue into her joining up with you guys if they notice the commotion.

Just had a thought, what if Monique has a run in with the Jerk on the bridge? It would make for a good segue into her joining up with you guys if they notice the commotion.

It would speed things up for sure, but would that mean Monique would have to battle him instead? That might catch our characters' attention.

That's a good idea! How about Monique bump into him whilst looking around and it spills a drink he's holding. Cue Jerkiness and he challenges me to a battle. Monique is reluctant (maybe the price of losing would be too much) but Fennekin's raring to go. and then the commotion causes you guys to come over before an unsanctioned battle happens, perhaps?

Mhm. Aran can't resist watching Pokemon battles, so even if Kit doesn't think too much of the "jerky" (heh) situation, Aran will surely go over to watch for the battle itself, thus ending an otherwise drawn-out conversation.

By the way, did Monique just begin her journey?

Well when it comes to pokemon battling, A lot of her knowledge is theoretical, type matchups, basic tactics, that sort of thing. However, the only practical experience she's had was a few mock battles against her mother's liligant that was in the contest circuit.
As for Jerky McJerkison, should we have him as an experienced trainer? What should his team be?

Last edited:
I'd say semi new but cocky. Like 2 or 3 badges. Enough to make him feel like he's hot shit and completely mortify him when he loses to a newb. He's local I assume so we could go rival turned evil route and he could have one of the starters. Or it could be whatever since Kit obviously started with her own Pokémon. I could see a Croagunk being part of his team just off the top of my head. TR typically uses Poison type, or anyway that's my impression of them.

Right-o. I don't wanna win to him at this point, honestly. How about Monique is losing, and you guys step in and call the battle off by I dunno...threatening to call the cops on him or something? It'll be an unsanctioned battle anyways simply because it's not on a proper arena or in the wilderness, so maybe use that against him?

I don't think the battle's location would make it be illegal or anything. But 2-3 badges? Personally, I think it would be better if the battle lasted more than 5 seconds lol. 1 badge, maybe, but even then his Pokemon's level would be at least 10 (which is assuming he's a strategic genius to win at such a low level, which I somehow doubt) and the power gap would be quite big.

But if things get ugly, our characters would most likely step in for sure. Pretty sure Sona alone would be enough, though.

Is everyone going to equally collaborate to form this guy and control him in our individual posts or should someone write a bio for him and just bring him around when we need it? Like a second character?

I think he should have a character sheet and that only Page could control him. That way he'll remain consistent. But if we're still making him at this time then we can come up with something before Page's post if it's alright.

So, I think that he should be a really tall guy around Edwyn's age. I'm thinking that his main pokemon should be attack-focused, like a fighting type. A Timburr, perhaps. It's strong, brutal, and on top of that uses a weapon in fights. Doesn't seem jerkier than that to me. A Croagunk is a good idea, too.

And remember, we need to build his character, too. We're trying to make him a terrible human being, not necessarily an idiot nor a weakling. We could even have it so that he wupps all our butts until later. To be fair, socially it's 4 against 1.

Last edited:
Right-o. Seeing as how Quake suggested I take control of...let's call him Ross, I'll work on a character sheet for him. If you cool dudes approve, I'll take care of running other NPCs as well. Here's how I think the meeting would pan out;

Monique is looking around at all the pokemon and trainers around her as she makes her way over the bridge that's bustling with people and pokemon. She's jostled by the crowd and bumps into Ross, who was drinking a drink at the time and spills it over himself. He shouts at her, she apologizes but he wants his pound of flesh. He takes out a pokeball and challenges her to a battle, she refuses and offers to pay for the cleaning bill, but he "insists", sending out a crogunk and ordering it to attack fennekin, who is at Monique's ankles at the time.

Well when you put the start of the battle like that it does sound kind of illegal...pretty sure there needs to be a ref lol.

A ref is not necessarily needed, as long as the battle is registered via pokedex and in a sanctioned area, then it's legal. But yeah, in the middle of a public thoroughfare isn't the best place for a bettle.

Anyhoo, you guys want me to get to posting? Or do you wanna do a bit more RP between you two?

Sorry it took so long to reply! I might finally be able to come back now. Unfourtunately, I'm waiting for shakespearmint's response. Maybe I could work around it so that Aran notices the commotion before Kit has a chance to answer. Kinda against Aran's character, but eh, if it will keep the roleplay going.