• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#706 - Goodra

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
706-0.png

#706 Goodra
[type=dragon][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Numerugon
Classification: Dragon Pokémon
Height: 6'07" / 2.0 m
Weight: 331.8 lbs. / 150.5 kg
Egg Group: Dragon

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Hydration or Sap Sipper
Hidden Ability: Gooey

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Goodra was revealed upon the release of the game.

20454_pokedex.png

X: This very friendly Dragon-type Pokemon will hug its beloved Trainer, leaving that Trainer covered in sticky slime.
Y: It attacks with retractable horns. It throws a punch that's the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers.

20453_locations.png

Evolve from Sliggoo

20455_evolution.png

20522_704-706.png

Goodra evolves from Sliggoo starting level 50 when levelled up in the rain.

20462_levelup.png

--- Outrage
--- Feint
--- Tackle
--- Bubble
Lv. 5 - Absorb
Lv. 9 - Protect
Lv. 13 - Bide
Lv. 18 - Dragon Breath
Lv. 25 - Rain Dance
Lv. 28 - Flail
Lv. 31 - Body Slam
Lv. 38 - Muddy Water
Lv. 47 - Dragon Pulse
Lv. 50 - Aqua Tail
Lv. 55 - Power Whip
Lv. 63 - Outrage

20469_artwork.png

20470_screenshots.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Since no one else has talked about the Goomy line yet, I think I'll start the ball rolling by saying that Goodra definitely looks like one of the coolest Dragon types we've seen in a long time. It's design is an excellent blend of cuteness and coolness, similar to Dragonite, and I have to admit this pokémon constantly reminds me of Kenneth Graham's The Reluctant Dragon.

However, the only qualm I do have with Goodra is that it, even though it's made of slime, it's only a pure Dragon type. I was hoping that this line would become a Dragon/Poison type like Dragalge, or at least learn more Poison type moves via level up, to help counter Fairy types

Goodra and the Goomy line are a part of those Pokemon that some people deem weak or useless based on its appearance, which is a cute slime dragon. But if said people saw Goodra's stats, they would be shocked and would probably regret doubting its use in a battle. Bulbapedia states that it is a pseudo-legendary Pokemon and is the only one out of Kalos, but there were only 69 confirmed Pokemon that are Kalos inhabitants. First time I saw it I was excited,it was pure Dragon-type, but I first saw Goodra in sprite form, not in its current art for it, but I still like it. Well, looks can be deceiving. ;)

Since no one else has talked about the Goomy line yet, I think I'll start the ball rolling by saying that Goodra definitely looks like one of the coolest Dragon types we've seen in a long time. It's design is an excellent blend of cuteness and coolness, similar to Dragonite, and I have to admit this pokémon constantly reminds me of Kenneth Graham's The Reluctant Dragon.

However, the only qualm I do have with Goodra is that it, even though it's made of slime, it's only a pure Dragon type. I was hoping that this line would become a Dragon/Poison type like Dragalge, or at least learn more Poison type moves via level up, to help counter Fairy types
Goodra can learn Sludge Bomb and Sludge wave.

Its not my FAVORITE Dragon type but it's acceptable

Goodra and the Goomy line are a part of those Pokemon that some people deem weak or useless based on its appearance, which is a cute slime dragon. But if said people saw Goodra's stats, they would be shocked and would probably regret doubting its use in a battle. Bulbapedia states that it is a pseudo-legendary Pokemon and is the only one out of Kalos, but there were only 69 confirmed Pokemon that are Kalos inhabitants. First time I saw it I was excited,it was pure Dragon-type, but I first saw Goodra in sprite form, not in its current art for it, but I still like it. Well, looks can be deceiving. ;)

Don't judge a book by it's cover or a dragon by its slimy skin 'snicker'.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
I just wish that you didn't catch its pre-evolutions right before the FAIRY-TYPE AND ICE-TYPE GYMS. Seriously Gamefreak? I know it's probably to balance the Pokemon, but i can't even use it in competitive. That's probably because I suck though . . .

use steel type moves cause ice and fairy are weak to steel which means that you can hit two birds with one stone and dragon types can get back in the game

Awww~ I don't think i'd mind getting hugged by this guy.:D I need a 3DS and friend who will willingly trade me... :(

Last edited:
I swear to Arceus I die a little every time I see Goodra.
Literally love in a super goopy dragon creature.
I guess I'd be dead by now if I had X&Y....
;u; Totally worth it.