1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#706 - Goodra

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by StellarWind Elsydeon, Oct 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

706-0.png
    #706 Goodra
    Dragon

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Numerugon
    Classification: Dragon Pokémon
    Height: 6'07" / 2.0 m
    Weight: 331.8 lbs. / 150.5 kg
    Egg Group: Dragon

[​IMG]

Ability: Hydration or Sap Sipper
    Hidden Ability: Gooey

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Goodra was revealed upon the release of the game.

[​IMG]
    X: This very friendly Dragon-type Pokemon will hug its beloved Trainer, leaving that Trainer covered in sticky slime.
    Y: It attacks with retractable horns. It throws a punch that's the equivalent of the force of a hundred pro boxers.

[​IMG]
    Evolve from Sliggoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Goodra evolves from Sliggoo starting level 50 when levelled up in the rain.

[​IMG]
    --- Outrage
    --- Feint
    --- Tackle
    --- Bubble
    Lv. 5 - Absorb
    Lv. 9 - Protect
    Lv. 13 - Bide
    Lv. 18 - Dragon Breath
    Lv. 25 - Rain Dance
    Lv. 28 - Flail
    Lv. 31 - Body Slam
    Lv. 38 - Muddy Water
    Lv. 47 - Dragon Pulse
    Lv. 50 - Aqua Tail
    Lv. 55 - Power Whip
    Lv. 63 - Outrage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 StellarWind Elsydeon, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. Since no one else has talked about the Goomy line yet, I think I'll start the ball rolling by saying that Goodra definitely looks like one of the coolest Dragon types we've seen in a long time. It's design is an excellent blend of cuteness and coolness, similar to Dragonite, and I have to admit this pokémon constantly reminds me of Kenneth Graham's The Reluctant Dragon.

However, the only qualm I do have with Goodra is that it, even though it's made of slime, it's only a pure Dragon type. I was hoping that this line would become a Dragon/Poison type like Dragalge, or at least learn more Poison type moves via level up, to help counter Fairy types

Gloritea, ExoFlashFire and Flygonn like this.
  3. Goodra and the Goomy line are a part of those Pokemon that some people deem weak or useless based on its appearance, which is a cute slime dragon. But if said people saw Goodra's stats, they would be shocked and would probably regret doubting its use in a battle. Bulbapedia states that it is a pseudo-legendary Pokemon and is the only one out of Kalos, but there were only 69 confirmed Pokemon that are Kalos inhabitants. First time I saw it I was excited,it was pure Dragon-type, but I first saw Goodra in sprite form, not in its current art for it, but I still like it. Well, looks can be deceiving. ;)

4. I wished it was a Dragon and Water/Poison type Pokemon. It will be useless if it was a pure Dragon Type.(That's what I think)

shinyfurret likes this.
  5. i use a sap sipper and gooey goodra and they both stomp in battles i love them

6. Goodra can learn Sludge Bomb and Sludge wave.

7. It's both adorable and epic. :blush:

8. Its not my FAVORITE Dragon type but it's acceptable

Don't judge a book by it's cover or a dragon by its slimy skin 'snicker'.

9. Green Dragon

Green Dragon Formerly supertrainer300

I just wish that you didn't catch its pre-evolutions right before the FAIRY-TYPE AND ICE-TYPE GYMS. Seriously Gamefreak? I know it's probably to balance the Pokemon, but i can't even use it in competitive. That's probably because I suck though . . .

10. use steel type moves cause ice and fairy are weak to steel which means that you can hit two birds with one stone and dragon types can get back in the game

11. It was a big surprise to see that Ash would get a Goodra. And I think it is a shame that it is released :(

12. Awww~ I don't think i'd mind getting hugged by this guy.:D I need a 3DS and friend who will willingly trade me... :(

#12 Gloritea, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  13. I swear to Arceus I die a little every time I see Goodra.
    Literally love in a super goopy dragon creature.
    I guess I'd be dead by now if I had X&Y....
    ;u; Totally worth it.