• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#695 - Heliolisk

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
695-0.png

#695 Heliolisk
[type=electric][/type]/[type=normal][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Erezado
Classification: Generator Pokémon
Height: 3'03''
Weight: 46.3 lbs.
Egg Group: Monster, Dragon

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Dry Skin or Sand Veil
Hidden Ability: Solar Power

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: A single Heliolisk can produce enough electricity to power a high-rise building. By spreading its frilled collar, it can soak up rays of the sun and charge up with electric power.

20454_pokedex.png

X: They flare their frills and generate energy. A single Hellolisk can generate sufficient electricity to power a skyscraper.
Y: It stimulates its muscles with electricity, boosting the strength in its legs and enabling it to run 100 yards in five seconds.

20453_locations.png

Evolve Helioptile

20455_evolution.png

20515_694-695.png

Evolves from Helioptile when exposed to a Sun Stone

20462_levelup.png

--- Eerie Impulse
--- Electrify
--- Razor Wind
--- Quick Attack
--- Thunder
--- Charge
--- Parabolic Charge

20469_artwork.png

Heliolisk-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p05_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Admittedly this thing will never win a place in my heart the same way little Helioptile did, but having one on my team has made me like it nonetheless. ^^

I like where they took the things design and it holds its own quite well in battle. It can surf too which makes me endlessly happy. :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It's a frilled lizard, you uncultured swine.

frilled-lizard_530_600x450.jpg

like this majestic little motherEFFer.
Frilled Lizards, species Chlamydosaurus kingii, are an Australian species (found no where NEAR Mexico) of Agamid lizards (NOT Iguanas - Iguanas belong to a whole different family under the order Squamata). Helioptile is vaguely based on those as well (although its frills aren't quite right) and in fact, when Heliolisk uses an attack, its neck frill fans out in a way that invokes the mother effing SUN. Its name is also a callback to the legendary Basilisk (and to the Basilisk Lizard named after it).

Tl;dr, these things are badass, a VAST improvement over their pre-evolution, your argument is invalid.

This is by far the most dissapointing Kalos Pokemon in my opinion, I was hoping to get an awesome looking Electric/Dragon type, but we got this instead, hopefully by Generation 7, Gamefreak will think of a Heliolisk evolution

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I've always liked the design of Heliosk, and it amazes me in X and Y, I haven't evolved a helioptile yet.
I really need one sooner or later~

the name also links it to the the sun. The helio part of its name links it back to i believe either the Greek word for sun. the Geek God Helios 1st gos of the sun or should i say titan and the heliocentric theory stating that the sun (not earth) is in the center of the solar system are evidence of this. but remember to check to see if you really want to evolve Helioptile before you do other wise you might regret it because a lot of pokemon that you evolve with a stone lose moves like Raichu, Ninetails, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen. so check first! and if you ever run into a real life frilled lizard the whole frill thing is a bluff after doing the frill thing it will just hiss at you while clawing in the air trying to seem all scary but will sooner or later run away like a little chicken.

obey_jaidon

Formerly MLEevee
Electric/Ground would've been more reasonable than Electric/Normal in my opinion....but I still love this guy to bits