1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#696 - Tyrunt

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Magpie, Sep 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

696-0.png
    #696 Tyrunt
    Rock / Dragon
    [​IMG]
    Japanese Name: Chigorasu
    Classification: Royal Heir Pokémon
    Height: 2' 07"
    Weight: 57.3 lbs.
    Egg Group: Monster, Dragon

[​IMG]
    Ability: Strong Jaw
    Hidden Ability: Sturdy

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Tyrunt was revealed along with Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Furfrou , Meowstic and Amaura on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: Tyrunt is one of the Kalos Region's fossil Pokemon, along with Amaura. It is believed that Tyrunt is over one million years old. It is known to be a bit selfish and will throw a fit if it doesn't like something. To obtain one for yourself you will need to restore the Jaw Fossil at the Fossil Lab.

[​IMG]
    X: This Pokémon was restored from a fossil. If something happens that it doesn't like, it throws a tantrum and runs wild.
    Y: Its immense jaws have enough destructive force that it can chew up an automobile. It lived 100 million years.

[​IMG]
    Revive Jaw Fossil

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evolves into Tyrantrum at level 39 if levelled up in the day.

[​IMG]
    --- Tail Whip
    --- Tackle
    Lv. 6 - Roar
    Lv. 10 - Stomp
    Lv. 12 - Bide
    Lv. 15 - Stealth Rock
    Lv. 17 - Bite
    Lv. 20 - Charm
    Lv. 26 - Ancient Power
    Lv. 30 - Dragon Tail
    Lv. 34 - Crunch
    Lv. 37 - Dragon Claw
    Lv. 40 - Thrash
    Lv. 44 - Earthquake
    Lv. 49 - Horn Drill

[​IMG]
    Tyrunt.png
    [​IMG]
    Tyrunt_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg sept_p15_04_4uusq.jpg
    Tyrunt_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

#1 Magpie, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    Skylynn fickling likes this.
  2. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

Easily my favourite of todays reveals. A Dragon/Rock T-Rex is just made of love and sparkles and eeeee ♥ I hope it's available early-ish in game so that I can have one (which I think I've now said for over six Pokemon so I'm in trouble!).

Gotta name it Chomper like the little 'Rex from Land Before Time :'D

Linkachu likes this.
  3. I'm really liking how the two fossil Pokémon have been used to cover two more type combinations involving rock. Not sure if I'll use this guy, but I'm pretty tempted.

4. I want this so bad. I hope when he evolves he turns huge, but for now I like the idea of a little mini t rex runnin around chompin things.

5. Oh yes, I'm picking this guy in Y! Definitely my favorite of the two fossils, and it includes one of my favorite types, too! And with Huge Jaw added in, I'm gonna be Crunch-ing away 8)

6. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

This thing has a fair bit of potential. I like the type combination and assuming that it gets the right sort of move-sets to support that ability of its (and the stats to use them), it could be usable. It looks rather awkward, though - hopefully evolution fixes that.

7. I'm getting this pokémon no matter what. I was always one of those boys who loved dinosaurs as a kid, & like most boys the T-Rex was my absolute favorite. I don't even care that it's part Dragon type, I JUST WANT A T-FREAKIN'-REX

8. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

... You know, I only just realized it actually has a feather collar. That sort of improves my opinion on it greatly. XD

9. Huge Jaw indeed! O_O I've always been a big fan of the fossils and this one doesn't change my stance on that!

10. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

Oh it's just so adorable in the screenshots! I really can't wait to get my hands on this little dude, and here's hoping for a truly badass-looking T-Rex of doom evolution!

11. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Yessss, THIS! It has to be done! :D

I absolutely love Tyrunt. Adorable design, great typing, a nice new ability... As long as its evolution isn't horridly designed, and Noivern isn't available too early on (because type overlapping </3), then Tyrunt is most certainly going on my first Kalos team.

That bit about it having a somewhat selfish personality very cute too. ♥

12. I will catch that little guy

13. That's it! I'm getting one and calling it Grimlock. =D

14. Weird But Good and Usable

15. AWESOME!!!! :)

16. Finally, a Tyrannosaurus fossil Pokemon! :D
    I still think it could've been designed better, but its still pretty awesome.

...Unfortunately, along with a bunch of other Pokemon I love, it will have to stay in my box until I magically get a much bigger party >_<

17. Me too! Translation for any pokemon, Kir Kirli!