1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

#663 - Talonflame

Discussion in 'Pokécharms Generation VI Cryptidex' started by Demelza, Jun 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

663-0.png
    #663 - Talonflame
    Fire / Flying

[​IMG]
    Japanese Name:
    Fiarrow
    Classification: Scorching Pokémon
    Height: 3' 11"
    Weight: 54.0 lbs.
    Egg Group: Flying

[​IMG]
    Ability: Flame Body
    Hidden Ability: Gale Wings

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Talonflame was revealed during the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y presentation at E3 on the 12th of June, it was revealed alongside Clauncher and Skrelp.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling, Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks."

[​IMG]
    X: In the fever of an exciting battle, it showers embers from the gaps between its feathers and takes to the air.
    Y: When attacking prey, it can reach speeds of up to 310 mph. It finishes its prey off with a colossal kick.

[​IMG]
    Evolve Fletchinder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Evolves from Fletchinder at level 35.

[​IMG]
    --- Brave Bird
    --- Flare Blitz
    --- Tackle
    --- Growl
    Lv. 6 - Quick Attack
    Lv. 10 - Peck
    Lv. 13 - Agility
    Lv. 16 - Flail
    Lv. 17 - Ember
    Lv. 25 - Roost
    Lv. 27 - Razor Wind
    Lv. 31 - Natural Gift
    Lv. 39 - Flame Charge
    Lv. 44 - Acrobatics
    Lv. 49 - Me First
    Lv. 55 - Tailwind
    Lv. 60 - Steel Wing
    Lv. 64 - Brave Bird

[​IMG]
    Talonflame_zpsbec43253.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Demelza, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. So this is technically the first Pokemon of Generation VI that we've seen that is an evolved form of a previously revealed Pokemon, and not only is it the main bird of the region, but it's not normal typing :0 This Pokemon is already pretty unique, and I can already see it pulling a Swellow and not really needing a third evolution, though I really would love to see one~

Excalibur Queen likes this.
  3. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

:love:

I don't care that it has a crappy name. It's beautiful and I adore it already and it's perfect :') It's the bird of prey Pokemon I've been waiting for, and it's fast which I love and it's Fire/Flying! That might give it a few nasty weaknesses to common types/moves but I shall be having one anyway. Insta-fave :D

FIREFALCONOFDOOM ♥

Flygonn and oddish88 like this.
  4. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm one of very few people who actually like its name! It really is a very nice bird though and I'm quite happy that they made it flying/fire, because if Fletchling is the bird we catch early on in the games then that means I could choose Chespin as my starter and still have an awesome fire type..hmm.

It's a really nice design too, and I can easily see me falling in love with it. ♥

5. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

I gotta agree with others on the name thing: the Japanese name would've been perfect as this birdie's English name too. But a name's a name and doesn't detract from how frelling awesome Talonflame looks - and it can learn Brave Bird to boot! I love it and will happily grab a Fletchling on my first playthrough now that I know it evolves into this. :love:

Unless they end up shoving a mid-stager in, I'm thinking the same. It looks too big and mighty to not be the final evolutionary stage.

6. This pokemons name..meh. Looks like they didn't even try on this name.

Hmm, I do like its design however. I absolutely love the flames on its back, it really caught my eye. I like how his hair/feathers spike up at his head, and the color scheme for this pokemon is awesome.

This should be enough for a 3rd evolution, but if we do get another evolution for this guy I can imagine how cool it would look.

7. Imagine the terror the little bugs and plantimal Pokemon must feel when this guy comes along into the forest, burnin' everything to ash and cinder.

Hoodster601 and PurpleTartan like this.
  8. :? i dunno bout this one, i'm planning on fennekin, so i hope their is another early flying type, but just not like zubat and woobat though ( they where terrible :@)

9. Whoa...
    It looks awesome...

10. The name..how uncreative. Still has a ring to it. But that design; It looks like a real bird of prey, unlike Pidgeot. And this thing having a fire/flying combo? I can picture KFC creating a forest fire. Its like a small yveta- //slapped.

11. Talon and Flame, So creative. . . I'm disappointed.
    Just like with Team Flare, they had a chance to come up with an epic evil team name, but didn't.

12. Makes me wonder why fletchling was not a 4th starter like eevee.

13. Another good bird pokemon along with my favorite Staraptor.

#14 IsaiahJN, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  14. I think the name is standard, practical, and perfectly good, but apparently not everyone agrees.

15. i loved dis pokemon every since i laid my eyes on it. it is definitely going on my champion team

16. The name is not so bad

17. I'm surprised how many don't like the name. I think it sounds really cool. This was one of the first Pokemon I used in Gen 6 and it's pretty good.

18. Moltres just got served. Now this is a butt kicking Pokémon that I'd want. Finally they come up with a bird Fire and Flying type that's not legendary (Talonflame and Fletchinder).