• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#674 - Pancham

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
674-0.png

#674 Pancham
[type=fighting][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Yanchamu
Classification: Playful Pokémon
Height: 0.6m / 2'00"
Weight: 8.0kg / 17.6 lbs
Egg Group: Field/Human-Like

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Iron First or Mold Breaker
Hidden Ability: Scrappy

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Pancham, along with Gogoat, Fletchling, and Helioptile, was first revealed on May 11th within a leaked scan from the June 2013 issue of CoroCoro. It was officially revealed on the Pokemon website on 15th May.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "with its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful)."

20454_pokedex.png

X: It does its best to be taken seriously by its enemies, but its glare is not sufficiently intimidating. Chewing on a leaf is its trademark.
Y: It does its level best to glare and pull a scary face, but it can't help grinning if anyone pats its head.

20453_locations.png

Route 5

20455_evolution.png

20505_674-675.png

Evolves into Pangoro at level 32, but only if another Dark-Type is present in your team.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Leer
Lv. 7 - Arm Thrust
Lv. 10 - Work Up
Lv. 12 - Karate Chop
Lv. 15 - Comet Punch
Lv. 20 - Slash
Lv. 25 - Circle Throw
Lv. 27 - Vital Throw
Lv. 33 - Body Slam
Lv. 39 - Crunch
Lv. 42 - Entrainment
Lv. 45 - Parting Shot
Lv. 48 - Sky Uppercut

20469_artwork.png

pancham.png
20470_screenshots.png

pancham_pandespiegle_pam-pa.png
may_p5_18.png
may_p8_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: #??? - Yanchamu

And the circle is completed: Nintendo stole their idea back from Blizzard and gave us a Pandamon.

Teapot said:
And the circle is completed: Nintendo stole their idea back from Blizzard and gave us a Pandamon.

I was actually talking about the Pandaren to my boyfriend just before I saw this xD

I'm surprised this isn't Fighting/Dark. Perhaps its evolution will be? Either way, nice to see an early-game fighting type. It was nice have so many of those in B/W.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

This. This Pokemon will be loved by me forever. Welcome to my list of favorites, you magnificent pocket monster.

I hope they do not screw up the evolutions and give us more bears with weird face ice cliffs. >>;;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

guys guys guys this is my soul 'Mon.
Forever.
oh my gosh it's a freaking panda I've been waiting for this from Pokemon since like forever I'm spazzing out KYAAAAAA

That's all~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Shiny Eevee said:
guys guys guys this is my soul 'Mon.
Forever.
oh my gosh it's a freaking panda I've been waiting for this from Pokemon since like forever I'm spazzing out KYAAAAAA

That's all~
I honestly think Gamefreak may have created a new fan favorite/marketable Pokemon/The New Cute Pokemon in the Anime. People have been wanting a Panda Pokemon forever, and this one pretty well lives up to expectations. The fanart for Yanchamu will be overwhelming in the next few weeks.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

They'll struggle to top this as my favourite Pokémon of sixth gen, it's so damn cute and I want a plush of it. ♥

If it's going to be one of the Pokémon we come across early on then I really, really hope they don't ruin it because of the fact we're finding it early. I want it to be a good fighting type that I can use all game. That said, I loved it the second I saw it, and there is no way I won't be training one somehow. :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'm so happy that they made this fellow a Fighting-type. Even if it is cliche (how many people plan to name it Po?), it's perfect. Like Dem said, I hope that its line receives some nice stats overall. I really want to love this 'mon and whatever it evolves into.

Sooooo excited for this guy. Me and probably everyone else in the world has had their fingers crossed for a panda for a long time. My little Spinda has a cousin now ♥ I hope they make a little koala to go along with him

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Might be the fact that everyone else loves it so much, or that I'm not the biggest fan of Pandas but I'd have to say this little guy is my least favourite of the four, although I do like its design.

I think Yanchamu and Yayakoma will be the first two pokemon you run in to. there is always a bird-like pokemon and a rodent-like one.

Just a thought...

I hope my email was lying when it said it needs another dark type pokemon on ur team to evolve, early 20-30's.

Please let it just be a rumor

OMG PANDA!!!! ASGVHADLAMLNKF! Okay, now that I have that out of my system. I really love the design of Pancham, and will probably have him on my team. Shame it's a fighting type :( .

I'll probably still have one on my team one way or another, and hopefully it will somehow become Dark type later on in its evolutions.