• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed 100 Risks: A Sword Art Online adventure

Raikiri had now contacted the gamemaster at least twelve times. The past eleven, he had kept his cool and gone back to fighting monsters. But it was getting out of hand, at least until he was teleported to the spawnpoint for the game. He looked around and saw that more and more people were being teleported each second, but there was one problem. He was seeing something being formed at the top. Something... big and red. This isn't good, Raikiri thought to himself. This isn't good at all.

"Nice to meet you Longinus. I am Hisamura. Consider this weapon a gift. Free on the house. Much like my business I want to see fellow players succeed too. First blade for newbies are always free" Hisamura said. Scooting the Cor back to Longinus. Hisamura made more than enough to make up for the weapons given free. He did need to document the free weapons given out in his inventory log like any other item ,but that was just for formalities. It also helped him keep track of what merchandise he had in stock and what needed replenishing.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Frost turned back to check if the other guy was following her and noticed she wasn't on the road to town anymore, she was back in town where everyone started, "what is going on, is this some kind of event" she muttered to herself, she knew that it couldn't be an event the game had just released unless it was a special message for the start of the game or something, she looked around as others began appearing around her, whatever was going on, she had this strange feeling, first they couldn't log out, now everyone was being transported to this location and some kind of thing was appearing in the sky.

Silverwing was teleported from one side of town to the other. He was confused as to why, just after telling Hisamura that he will be looking for a new owner for the sword, he was blipped from one end of town to the other. Something big and red appeared in the sky. He had a feeling this wasn't good. He waited, as well as reached around level 10, so was somewhat ahead.

Longinus smiled at the man's kindness to gift him the katana. "Thank you very much. I'll be sure to put in a good word for other newbies." He said as he put the Cor back and put the katana on the left side of his belt. Longinus gave Hisamura one last smile and short wave as he exited the blacksmith and began to look around to find any stores with clothing on them, as he looked around, he noticed the same lady he bumped in to before walk in to one of the stores... the very store that he tried to find

Longinus gave a shrug and began to walk through the street, he offered a small, friendly wave to a few players that he passed by as if greeting friendly neighbors. When he walked through the door, his eyes widened slightly at the selections of different clothing options... and how there were more girls than boys. One set of attire that caught his attention was a mannequin with a stylish purple cloak and a Black and silver mask, similar to those worn at masquerade parties.

Longinus nodded and walked over to the store clerk. "Hey there." Longinus greeted. "Hisamura sent me; told me you had some interesting clothing for sale... interesting indeed." He said as he looked back and smiled at the options, namely the mask and cloak he saw earlier. "That I do. I also notice you have your eyes fixed on an interesting option already." The lady said with a small smile as she stepped out from behind the counter and walked to the mannequin Longinus saw before. "I'm feeling generous. If you want this set, I'll give you a little discount, how does six hundred each sound?" She asked.

Longinus nodded with a smile and opened up his inventory to get out the required amount of Cor alongside an extra two hundred. "I'm also feeling generous, keep the change." Longinus said with a smile. "Aren't you sweet?" The lady said as she took the Cor from him and handed Longinus the clothing he was after. "Thanks." Longinus said as he put on the cloak... but before he could put on the mask, he was suddenly teleported to the spawn point along with many other players and coincidentally next to the woman he bumped in to earlier. "You again? The hell's this?" Longinus asked as the tanned lady shrugged. "Don't look at me, I'm no operator... unlike whomever's doing that." She replied and pointed upward, Longinus' gaze followed where she pointed and widened his eyes in surprise.

"What the actual hell?"

Hisamura was just about to continue speaking with Silverwing when out of nowhere he found himself teleported to town square, "Woah. Woah! How did I get here?! I am at my shop! Its totally uncool to leave my shop unguarded and the door opened. I have fail safes present in the case something is stolen ,but that's besides the point. Why am I here?!" Hisamura said looking around. Since he wasn't in his shop he figured he might as well go ahead ,and put his corsair hat on.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Hatchet was grinding hard for experience when he was teleported to an area. "What's this, an event?" He observed the red that was filling up the area. "Maybe a spur to fight bosses..." He mumbled to himself. Maybe I could get to know someone so I could form a guild later. Hatchet wasn't as fearful as surrounding players, but was still anticipating something bad.

UnderDweller heard the girl and looked over and said “Sure.” He then started to walk towards her, but then suddenly he was in the town square. “Maybe it’s an event. Maybe thats why I can’t log out.” He unsheathed his scimitar and looked at the red thing coming from the sky. “Guess I’ll just go straight in” he said as he ran towards the red liquid goop.

By the time Raikiri had noticed what was going on, the red thing in the sky had come together to form a giant cloaked being. The being waited for several seconds until everyone in the plaza had noticed him before speaking. Then the being started talking. "Attention players, welcome to my world. My name is Kayaba Akihiko. I am currently the one and only person that can control this world. I'm sure that you all have noticed the logout button on the main menu has been removed; however, this is by no means a mistake. I repeat, not a mistake but a feature of the true Sword Art Online. You are all unable to log out of SAO, and nobody in the real world can remove the NerveGear or interrupt its operation. Should it be attempted, a powerful burst of microwave radiation emmited from a transmitter within the NerveGear will destroy your brain, thus ending your life." The plaza began murmuring about what was just said before looking back up. "Unfortunately, it's certainly possible that a player's family or friends would ignore this warning and attempt to forcibly remove the NerveGear. As proof of this, 213 players have retired from both this world and the real one." Laser screens began popping up around the giant being. "As you can see, news of my warning and the numerous victims are being spread worldwide. Thus, it should be safe to say that the danger of removal attempts has become minimal. I hope you will all be at ease and focus on completing the game. But, I'd like you to keep this in mind. From this point on, all methods of revival within the game will no longer function. If your HP hits zero, your avatar will perish for eternity, and at that moment...
the NerveGear will destroy your brain."
"There is only one condition you must meet to be free: the completion of this game. You are all currently on the first floor, the lowest point of Aincrad. If you conquer a floor's dungeon and defeat the Floor Boss, you may move up to the next one. Assuming you manage to defeat the final boss on the 100th floor, the game will be considered cleared."
"Lastly, I've prepared a present for all of you in your item storage. Take a look."
(OOC: yes, I looked up the speech)

"Oh gosh! That's crazy! I really hope this is a sick joke that got out of hand. People dying over a video game? I still have school tomorrow! My mom will take off my helmet for sure!" Hisamura said nervously as he didn't want his brain destroyed. He looked around to see how the others were reacting. No doubt they were all equally frightened. Hoping by chance Kayaba was just pranking them and would return their log out option. Hisamura looked at his menu revealing his to be gone as well. Startled he closed his menu not wanting to see the missing log out option stood there quietly trying to assess his situation.

UnderDweller was surprised at first, then panicked second. “You can’t do that, no no no, you can’t trap us. Let us go.” He tried to log out to no avail. “Might as well check out the gift.” Suddenly a mirror was in his hands, then it glowed. Suddenly, his avatar looked the same as him in real life.

"If this is some kind of sick prank, I'm gonna murder him... and if this is all real, I'm still gonna murder him!" Longinus said, clearly infuriated at the fact that several people had already appeared on the news because they died in what everyone thought was a game. Longinus raised an eyebrow and looked inside his inventory as requested and saw that he somehow obtained a strange mirror. "Did Kayaba give it to me?" He thought to himself as he got out the mirror and looked in to it, the next second was a strange light that came out of the mirror and suddenly enveloped Longinus.

When the light faded, he saw his face through the mirror... not his avatar's face, but his real life face and features, he knew he was in the game, but this was ridiculous. He looked around to see a few players have the same effect, some girls turned out to be boys, some handsome people turned out to be... not as handsome and the tanned lady he bumped in to earlier turned out to be... taller and more fit than before, as if she suddenly had a growth spurt in to a stunning lady, much to her mixture of surprise and annoyance, something Longinus couldn't blame.

Silverwing had not changed too much when the mirror activated, and was initially startled, then shook it off somewhat. He didn't have much of a life, unless it involved one girl he knew from childhood.

"I certainly hope Hikari's not here," Silverwing whispered under his breath, "I don't want to lose her, especially like this."

Silverwing strengthened his resolve with this line, and prepared for the next task.

Hisamura saw the light come from a mirror ,but unlike some of the others Hisamura remained mostly the same. His character was already pretty similar to his real self from the get-go. With the only thing changing about him were his characters scars disappearing as Hisato didn't have scars on his body aside from a small scar on his right knee from falling off his bike when he was a kid. Hisato didn't notice any immediate change to himself as the scars were covered up by clothes. Hisamura did notice others change and turn. Hisamura looked over ,and noticed a guy standing next to him wearing a dress whom was freaking out. Hisamura found it to be partially amusing chuckling for a moment ,but the realization as to what had happened was still weighing on him. This wasn't just a game. If something happened to Hisamura something could happen to Hisato. The thought was frightening.

Raikiri noticed the strange new object in his inventory and opened it up only to realize he had now become his real-life self. He hadn't changed much, but was now a little shorter and had glasses on. He looked around his environment to realize everyone else had changed alongside him. He began to stumble his way towards the nearest exit, hoping something could or would change.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Frost looked in her inventory and found a mirror, upon looking into it she saw a white flash and then as her vision returned, she noticed that people around her had changed, she glanced back into the mirror. At first she didn't notice anything different until she spotted that her eyes had changed and her scar on her neck was there. The mirror was making people look like their real selves. She looked around, so this was really happening, she thought to herself.

Raikiri was itching to go to the first boss, being that Kayaba said the only way out was through the top. However, he began to question his ability and the size of the boss and the number of minions. So he sat down on a rock and thought for several seconds before seeing something in the distance at a nearby town. He stumbled over only to realize it was nothing. I'm going insane already, he thought. No, there must be something. I've just yet to find it.

Last edited: