• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Unova RP

(Exclaimed Sky?)
Sky jumped onto Kaysi's shoulder as they set off, and managed to relax for the first time in about a year.

"Whoa... It's nearly as big as the forest back home. Suddenly noticing all of the people around her, Sky dived into her bag. "So many people though..."

"Don't worry Sky. As long as you're with me you got nothing to worry about." Kaysi told Sky reassuringly. "Shaun, the gym is just right over there. Do you think you're ready to challenge it?" Kaysi asked Shaun.

Shaun enjoyed the journey to Aspertia, registering many new pokemon to his pokedex. As they arrived, he gaped at the gym. "Well,I'm not really sure. What do you think Jenna? Can we do it?" He looked down at the pokemon that had been walking with him the entire time. She looked down and sighed. She shook her head in disappointment. Shaun looked down and sighed. "Maybe... Maybe I'll go and catch a pokemon? I think we could do better with more of them... What type is this gym?"

Nito Managed to Beat the 2cd gym, Then walked out and started walking around town, "Eh, if its anything like Last time, i have some time to look around, maybe Find some of those Team Plasma Freaks, Find a Free Item, Or Just Relax" He said, Walking Around Castelia CIty, Losing his way In the Process, Then ending up at Castelia City Gym.

Last edited:
"There's nothing wrong with wanting to catch some more Pokemon on your team Shaun. Oh, and the gym has Normal Type Pokemon." Kaysi told Shaun. Then after hearing what Sky said, Kaysi got anxious. "Shaun, you better hurry! There's no way that Nito is going to beat the Pokemon League, before I do!" Kaysi said anxiously.

"Okay Then. I'll go and catch something outside this town. Let's go, Jenna!" Shaun smiled and ran off. Searching through the grass, he encountered A Purrloin. It strutted around, licking it's fur. Gothita walked up to it and used hypnosis, as Shaun instructed, and it fell asleep. Shaun walked up to it and got out a pokeball. He placed the pokeball on the Purrloin's fur, and a red beam sucked it up. The pokeball shook Once, Twice, three times.

"Ding!" The pokeball beeped, signifying it was caught. "Yes! Jenna, we did it, and without a fight!" He smiled, and so did she. They made their way back to the gym, and smiled. "I caught a Purrloin! It was easy, I just used hypnosis and it fell asleep, and then I caught it!"

The pokeball in his hand shook slightly, and he pressed the button. The Purrloin popped out and smiled. "Puurrrr." It said as it walked up to Shaun and rubbed up against him.

"I know their not that slow, Whats holding them up, Meh Might as well Handle the Gym as im Waiting!" He said, as he walked into the gym, Just to see Silk everywhere,"Aye, Seems Easy Enough" After 23 Minutes of attempting to get up, he finally Made it to the top, Then walking to the Castelia City Gym Leader--Burgh.

Sky poked her head out of the bag. "Hey, one of those guys... He looks a lot like a guy from my forest, a trainer who spent about 5 hours searching for me. Lucky I'm in here."

"Oh my gosh! Shaun you're Purrloin is so cute!" exclaimed Kaysi. "Nito also has a Purrloin. But there is no time to waste, you go and battle that gym now!" said Kaysi as she pushed Shaun all the way to the front of the gym. "Ok, Shaun, go in there and don't come out until you have won yourself a badge. You hear me?" Kaysi said. Sky than said something about one of the citizens. "You're lucky you're traveling with me now, right?" Kaysi responded.

Shaun smiled as he ran to the back of the gym. He looked around, seeing A single trainer on top of a podium. "E-Excuse me, are you the gym leader here?" He smiled and waved. The trainer turned around and nodded, smirking.

The man's glasses sitting on his nose, he pulled out a pokeball from his pocket. "I am Cheren, the gym leader here. Are you ready, challenger?" He asked, smiling to himself. He sent out a pokemon, a Patrat, and looked at Shaun. "Now yours?"

Shaun nodded and sent out his Purrloin, smiling. "Okay Purrloin, this is our first battle. Let's do it! Go, use sand attack!" He ordered. Purrloin dug into the ground, creating a pile of dirt in front of him. He moved a paw in front of it and shoved it forward, sending it right into the Patrat's eyes. "Good job, now use scratch!" Purrloin bared it's claws and jumped at the Patrat.

"Patrat, use bite!" Cheren shouted, the pokemon wiping it's eyes, which were now a deep red. It's vision was blurry and it tried to snap at the oncoming form, but it was too late. The scratch hit him across the face, and he was unprepared, so it sent him flying back.

Shaun smiled at his new pokemon's ability, happy that he had gotten it. "Okay, now, use feint attack!"

The Purrloin nodded and a shadow overcame it and started darting around. It appeared right behind the patrat, hitting it full force. The Patrat was knocked forward, unconscious.

"You are a very smart trainer. This would already be over if that Sand Attack had not have hit it." Cheren said, looking at Shaun. "Except, Patrat has Keen Eye. That move had no affect.You beat it without the use of Sand attack. Good job. But now, you must deal with my Lillipup." Cheren retrieved Patrat, and then pulled out Lillipup's pokeball. "Come out, Lillipup."

The Lillipup popped out, and instantly attacked, biting onto the Purrloin. Purrloin was unprepared, and it was hoisted up by the Lillipup. It shook it's head, and threw Shaun's pokemon in front of him. Purrloin attempted to get up, but it's neck was in much pain, and it fainted.

"Oh, my bad. It seemed My Lillipup forgot to follow orders. Oops. You do have another pokemon, don't you?" Cheren taunted, a smug look on his face.

"Purrloin! Oh, my... I'm sorry. You did well." Shaun sighed and retrieved Purrloin. "Okay Jenna, get out there!" He said, and the Gothita behind him stepped onto the field. "This time, you won't be so lucky! Jenna, use tickle!" The Gothita perked up, and closed it's eyes. It imagined tiny fingers, running all over the Lillipup, making it laugh.

The Lillipup in front of Cheren began fidgeting, and then crying out it's name, with tears rolling down it's face. Tears of laughter.

"Okay, Jenna, now use Confusion!" Shaun shouted, the pokemon shooting out a wave of power at the laughing pokemon. It was a direct hit, and the Lillipup stood up wobbly. "Good job, you confused it!"

"Lillipup, snap out of it! Use Bite!" Cheren ordered, pointing at the Gothita. The Lillipup began running, but it just ended up falling down and tripping, hitting a rogue rock on the ground.

"Haha, good job. Now, finish it with pound!" Shaun smiled, this battle was his. Gothita jumped on top of it after running full force, knocking it out.

"Very well. Good job, you have earned the Basic Badge." Cheren nodded, as he handed Shaun the badge. Shaun took it happily and ran outside. "Kaysi, I did it! My first badge!"

While Kaysi was waiting for Shaun, she was feeding Sky some berries. Shaun than came out of the gym with a badge. "Yay! See, I told you you could it. But we still have no time to waste! We still have to get you your second badge! The second gym has Psychic Type Pokemon, but you'll win no problem cause of Jenna." Kaysi said. Kaysi than once again grabbed Shaun by his hand and ran back to Virbank City fighting off many trainers.

They arrived at Virbank City once again. "Ok Shaun! We're back here in Virbank City." Kaysi said.

Along the way, Shaun managed to sneak in the capture of two pokemon he thought would be great additions to his team- Azurill and Mareep. He also gave Purrloin a nickname, which was Carl. The Mareep was named Jazz, and the Azurill named Poppins. He stood outside the gym, prepared to fight. He trained up his pokemon along the way, so he could definitely face this challenge. "Okay, this time, I am ready! I'll see you in a few!" He said and walked inside. About twenty minutes later he reappeared, a big smile still on his face. "I did it again! We can go to Cestelia at any point, but I want to catch a pokemon first." He said, and ran to the Complex that he had heard of from his parents. He found a Growlithe there, and proceeded to catch it. He strolled out with the pokemon walking proudly beside him. He walked to Kaysi and smiled. "That is my fifth one, and I almost have a Fire-Water-Grass core. I just need one more!"

Last edited:
"Wow! Your team is amazing! We both even have a Growlithe and a Mareep, but my Mareep is now a Flaaffy. You know what? I'm just going to show you my whole team." Kaysi said. Kaysi than threw her Poke-balls in the air letting her whole team out. "Here are my Pokemon. You've already met Sean, here's my Flaaffy named Candy, my Growlithe's name is Hunter, and my Riolu is named Lee." Kaysi told Sean. "Pretty impressive, huh! Well lets head to Cestelia City, Nito must've beaten the gym there by now." Kaysi told Shaun.

Shaun nodded. "Okay! Let's go!" He smiled as he returned his growlithe to it's pokeball. Jenna agreed to go it it's pokeball to sleep, and Azurill was brought out so it could become friendly and evolve. It hopped on Shaun's head and laughed. "So, your growlithe is cool. My parents own a shop in Cestelia that cells rare stones- they are archaeologists. They may have a fire stone, which is needed to evolve growlithe. I can probably get you one, if you want?" He asked, slightly blushing again. So far, this had been the best time of his life, and he didn't expect it to get worse any time soon.

"Oh my god! Really!? Shaun that is so amazing, thank you!" said Kaysi excitedly. "But I don't want to evolve him right away. I think I want to wait around the seventh gym leader." But as they were walking, a horde of wild Pokemon came and tied Kaysi and Shaun in some sort of cocoon. "Hey! What the heck is happening!?" exclaimed Kaysi when she got trapped in the cocoon. The Pokemon revealed themselves, and there were Sewaddle and Swadloon everywhere. "Why did you guys tie us up?" asked Kaysi. Than Kaysi saw a sign that said, "Wild Pokemon here are very territorial, so be careful." "Are you serious? Shaun take out your Growlithe!" Kaysi said. Kaysi took out her Growlithe.

Shaun could barely reach his pokeball for growlithe, but he did and pressed the button. The Growlithe looked around before looking back at Shaun. "Growll. Growlithe?" She whimpered scared for her trainer.

Shaun began speaking before a Sewaddle covered his mouth in the Cocoon, and he could no longer speek. "Grrwwth! Mmmph! Mmmbrr..."

"Shaun! Hunter use Ember on the String Shot stuck on Shaun's mouth!" exclaimed Kaysi. Hunter fired one of his Embers to Shaun's mouth, burning off the String Shot. "Now Hunter use Ember on the Cocoon surrounding us!" Kaysi exclaimed. Hunter used a really huge Ember to burn the cocoon. "Yes! Thank you Hunter!" exclaimed Kaysi as they were let free. "Shaun do you think you can help me fend off against all these Pokemon?" asked Kaysi.

Shaun's mouth tasted of ash, and he began spitting. "Y-yes. Growlithe, use ember on the Swadloon and Sewaddle. Keep everyone safe!" He got out before he started coughing, getting a bit of the burnt web in his lungs. His Growlithe began roaring out the fire, a seperate flare for each one of the Bug type pokemon. He noticed Azurill was still on his shoulder, crying. "Poppins, shh, it's okay. Here, return for now." He whispered, returning the Azurill now that he could reach his pokeballs.

"Shaun, let's hurry up and beat all these Pokemon!" Kaysi said. "Hunter make an Ember Wall and expand it!" Kaysi exclaimed. Hunter made his wall and expand it, which hit every one of the Pokemon surrounding them. All the Pokemon couldn't take it and ran away, except for one. The Sewaddle just had a face of awe staring at Kaysi. The Sewaddle came closer and started rubbing its head on Kaysi's leg. "Aww, you're too adorable for me to stay mad at you." Kaysi told the Sewaddle. "By any chance, do you want to join my team?" Kaysi asked the Sewaddle. The Sewaddle than started crying joyfully. "I'll take that as a yes!" exclaimed Kaysi as she caught it with a Poke-ball.

One...Two...Three shakes. *Dink* The Sewaddle was caught!

"Yes! I caught my fifth Pokemon!" exclaimed Kaysi. Kaysi than remembered Shaun's coughing during the battle. "Um, Shaun, you were coughing pretty badly during our battle. Do you want a bottle of water? I can go get one if you need me to." Kaysi told Shaun with a worried tone.

Shaun finished his coughing fit and calmed down. "No, no, I'm fine. Thanks, though. So, I guess we are still heading to Castelia City to catch up with your friend? What was his name again?" He asked, wheezing. He returned his growlithe to its Pokeball. He began looking around the forest, worried they may be attacked again.

"His name is Nito, and I guess you could say we're rivals." Kaysi told Shaun. Kaysi could obviously see that Shaun was not in good shape, so she reached in her bag and got a bottle of water. "Here, please take it." Kaysi said as she offered him the bottle of water. "It's my fault you're like this in the first place. If only I could've figure out another way to have gotten the String Shot from your mouth." Kaysi said in a sad tone.

Shaun looked at Kaysi and sighed. He took the water and drank some, it clearing up his lungs. "No, no, thank you. I would have gotten growlithe to use ember on me too. I just wasn't ready for it, that's all. And It isn't like there is any permanent damage." Shaun Smiled, patting Kaysi on the shoulder. "Anyways, Castelia isn't connected to this part of Unova, so we need to get to some type of boat. My parents were able to send me down here on a one-way trip, but I would need to get a message out to them if we need to get to Castelia and there is no other way."

OOC: I think the whole part where you have to ride a boat to Castelia was forgotten. Or was it just not mentioned? I am also going to bed now, so I won't reply until tomorrow. See ya.

OOC: I forgot :p

BIC: "Well, I'm glad to see you're feeling better." Kaysi said relieved. Shaun than told Kaysi about his family. "Wow, your family is amazing! You guys have so much stuff. I grew up being poor, but whatever, it taught me many life lessons." Kaysi said.

Last edited:
Everything happened too quickly for Sky to register. A hoarde of Sewaddle tied them up, Growlithe KOed them all, and they were free. "We really should get these guys to the Pokemon centre. They kind of need to be checked up on, and the one you just got also needs to be healed"

"Don't worry Sky, the Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny from here have Pokemon that use Aromatherapy around the forest so that the wild that get hurt from trainer encounters can feel better." Kaysi told Sky to reassure her.

"Okay, good. Huh... That's wierd... I leveled up from that Growlithe knocking out the Sewaddle, but I'm not a proper memeber of your team. Do you have an XP share on?"

"I mean, I know about the thing that means if you've been in the battle at some point, you get some xp, that might be it. Thing is, I wasn't caught in a pokeball. I've never been part of your team. So why would that happen? Maybe the world just considers me part of your team, since I've been with you for a long time."

"I wouldn't mind that, because you're the best team member anyone could ask for." Kaysi told Sky. "Well, if the world considers you one of my team members, than that means you're my sixth Pokemon!" Kaysi said excitedly. "But don't you worry, I'll never force you into battles."

"Thanks. You know, thinking about it, a pokeball is the best place for me to hide. Nobody knows I'm in there, nobody can really check. Only problem is, I hate pokeballs. So I guess I'll just stay with you. Yeah, if somebody realised I'm not caught by you and lobs an ultra ball at me, I'm in trouble. But hey, it's worth the risk."

"What if I catch you with a Poke-ball, and as soon as you're caught I immediately take you out of the Poke-ball." Kaysi told Sky. "Since I caught you with my own Poke-ball no one else will be able to catch you. But we don't have to do that if you don't want to."

"That's Ok. That just means I get to kick more people's butts, like I did with that guy in the forest." Kaysi said with a smirk.

OOC: GTG too tired @.@@.@