• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Travel the Regions.

Hello,

I'm professor Oak. If you receive this letter, you have been accepted to try my new champion system. It works like this: you go to a region, get all the badges, one becomes champion while the others ho on to the next region. You may bring one basic Pokemon. See you there.

Oak

Jake almost yelled. He didn't think he would be able to get in. It would be amazing. It came with directions on where you must go. He lived in viridian city, so all he had to do is go to oaks lab. He looked around. "One basic Pokemon." He grabbed the only pokemon he had. "Riolu, let's go." he said running out.

He always wanted to be a trainer, but he was too tired. But if other people came, it wouldn't be so hard. He took a deep breath before sitting at the edge of pallet docks, waiting on the boat that supposed to take him to Johto.

Last edited:
"Tyrunt, Please, come back, i know your excited but you have to slow down, im carrying a lot of cargo". *Then proceeds to make a dive to catch Tyrunt* Ha, gotcha you excited little goofball......hey look, you led us all the way to the docks."

"JOLT, GET BACK HERE OR ELSE!!"
"Pika Pikaaa!!"
Zane ran after his little yellow mouse right to the dock.
"Huh. Wonder what's happening over there?"
"Pika."
"Let's go see."
The two walked up to Professor Oak.
"Uh, what's goin on here? And can I go? I need a vacation."
"Ah, Zane, just in time! You were interested in going to the different regions, correct? Well now you can."
"For real?? AWESOME!!"
"And you can only take one Pokemon."
Zane stared Oak in the eyes for a long time.
"Oh, fine."
He dumped five pokeballs into the Professor's hands and got into line behind Jake.
"Hi there," he said to him.
"Pika!" Jolt greeted to Riolu.
((Fun fact: Zane is my character in my Pokemon Yellow game!))

"Hi, I'm Jake, this is my second time travelling like this. The first time.........trouble............but I can't remember anything that happened mid way." He started to talk to himself. "Oh sorry, I do that sometimes.

"Heh, that's ok! The name's Zane! This is my Pikachu, Jolt."
"Pika Pika!"
Zane hoped Jake didn't realize this was the Champion standing next to him-- it was embarrassing sometimes when other people marveled at his power.

"Zane, like champ Zane?" He said "I just want to start over. Trying to forget the past few years. Especially the island." He said. "Anyways, I used to be a champ, but I gave it away."

"Champ....you.....you sure about that? No offense but you dont really seem like the type who would want to carry a burden of responsibilities like that." Victor said as he approached the waiting two and their pokemon.

"Hey i was champ, This is the current one, and I am sure. All my hall of fame Pokemon are in my box, but Professor oak wh....hold on, Gary said he killed oak at the island, how.....but..........strange." he started to talk to himself.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Its something that happened years ago." He pulled out a phone. "Hey mom, could you send me Gardevoir in about a month? Thanks." He hung up. "Well sorry again.

"hmm...i'll assume you two are waiting for the ferry as well. I Thought i would be late getting here, i traveled all the way from cerulean city to get here. Luckily Tyrunt found a shortcut", He said before sitting on a bench with tyrunt hopping up to him.

" Yeah, but last time I got on a ship, I got on with a psychotic Gary. Then trapped on a island." He started to mumble about the events on the island. "I do that a lot."

"Wait for meeeee!" A girl's voice could be heard in the distance. A small girl came running onto the dock. "Whew! I thought I would miss it." She looked around. "Who are you People?" The girl suddenly had a very embarrassed look on her face. "Please excuse me. I'm a little confused right now. I'm Grace. Youngest battle frontier brain and current holder of all Sinnoh's gym badges." Grace gave a bow. "And this here is Silver, my partner Absol." The Pokemon gave a bow alongside its trainer. It was obviously happy to be wearing its new necklace with a pretty charm in it.
((Speaking of old characters, Grace was my first Character ever in Pokemon Diamond, my first Pokemon game.))

((surprised to see you here))
"Hello Grace. We're just waiting for the ferry to take us to Johto....but this guy seems to be having some sort of flashback....i dont quite understand, but given his expression it must be terrible" Victor said as he gave tyrunt a mocha pokepuff

((haha, Why? Im friends with JacobRaze. My first roleplay was one of his.))
"Aww, poor guy." Grace said, pity leaking in her voice. "So, what region are we going to first? If we're going to Sinnoh, then I'm prepared to hurt someone." Grace said with rage clouding her face. "I just got off a plane from there and I don't want to do it again." The 11 year-old huffed.

"Oh gosh, what time is it?" He touched the space in front of him. A yellow circle apeard. "Should be here soon." Hid Riolu looked in amazement. "Oh yeah, never showed you."

((Oh, i see. I never rped ouside of miiverse, i forgot its easier to know people here))
Victor took a slight scoot farther down the bench to avoid any possible rage. "Um, well....hey, how did you do that? It appeared out of nowhere.

"I was born in kanto, raised in kanto till I was thirteen. When I was fourteen I travelled around with someone named Gold. Then went to an island we're I met Y- Red." He clenched his fist. "Sorry. What I did is angellic demon magic, me being an angellic demon. Like the fact that.....I can live under water."

"Im from Fortree city in Hoenn. My family and I moved here not too long ago, but it looks like i'm already getting ready to go travel.....angellic demon" he said freezing instantly.

"Cool! I didnt know that there were other trainers that had powers!" Grace exclaimed happily. "Like I can do this..." she said as her arms glowed for a second and then just her arms turned into wings. Grace flapped them a few times before landing again, her arms turning back to normal.

"Yeah........." he closed his eyes, having flashbacks. "The hatchet, her powers, Red............power." he said those words before sitting down and tried to meditate. "That was nothing. I can do that." He grew wings out of his back. "Ow, I haven't had a lot of practice with that. But I can......"he changed her clothes different colors before returning them to normal." Then true de- never mind."

"Oooh, can you do anything Victor?" Grace asked as she returned from having a snake tail for feet to having her regular boots on. "I mean, Its ok if you dont, I just dont want you to feel left out."

"And then Gary.........gun........drown!" He didn't realize he was talking aloud. "Hatchet........games.......portal!" He started to catch fire. "I need to relax!"

"Well, not really anything special that i can think of.....not Tyrunt, i dont know if they can hear you, but that was pretty rude of you to say.....oh yeah, i can move things with my mind......and telepathy to those who let me or drop their guard". He said As the uneaten pokepuff floated to the trash can.

"Here comes the Ferry!" Grace said excitedly. She was way up in the air flapping her wing arms, completely moved on from the question she asked earlier. Her blonde hair was tied up in a ponytail and was being used as some sort of a wind checker. Grace flew down as her arms returned to normal. "Shape shifting, I love it! Anyways, wherever we are going first, we'll have a slow ride, the wind is going in the opposite way of the dock." she reported proudly.

"Hehe, i was only kidding about the powers thing", he said. Im afraid, that was my moms misdreavous carrying the pokepuff", he said looking down. "How many times do i have to tell you not to litter...and you almost left this at home, said the mother running to give him his bag. "My mother and father have them though...im not sure if their powers got passed on to me.

"Hmmm, are you sure you want to meditate now? The Ferry is here, like now." Grace was not leaving the dock until everyone was on the ferry. She herself could easily shift to have a mermaid tail and follow, but she wasn't sure just having the ability to live underwater will cut it for this trip.

"I have to." He tried not to yell. "I've done things I regret, and if I don't, bad things will happen." He started to dissapear. "Really? Right no-"

Why am I here now?

(Well then, I guess this thread blew up.)
Zane, who had already rushed onto the boat (not to mention almost fell into the water), sighed with relief.
"I can't believe it..... does EVERYONE know I'm Champion?"
"Pika...."

"Oh! You're the Chamion aren't you!" She said looking up at Zane. "Nice to meet you! I'm Grace, Youngest frontier brain and holder of all of Sinnohs gym badges." Grace gave a small bow as she entered the ship. Quite frankly, she was very surprised at the size of the interior. There was one room where all of the used Pokemon could play and relax. "Hey Silver, do you want to stay with me or play here?" The Absol shifted towards Grace, indicating that he wanted to stay with Grace. "Ok!" Grace chirped happily. She walked to her designated room and sorted her stuff out. "I wonder how the others are doing." She said to Silver.

"Lets go to the kitchen. I'm gonna cook up something really tasty, King(his tyrunt). I'm always looking for an opportunity to throw down in the kitchen" Victor said to the excitedly hungry tyrunt.

Grace turned around to Zane, who had been following her. "Can I help you with something?" She asked with a confused look in her eyes. "I mean, you should know where everything is on the boat, they gave you a map when you entered."

"Ok King, the kitchen should be right around here.....its empty......is no one cooking? Ok, so lets cook then. Lets make.......well seasoned salmon, smothered in tarter sauce over a fluffy hot bed of white rice. Shouldn't take long to make" Victor said feeling more and more hungry.

Jake yawned before standing up. He walked over to oak. "Hey, who are you really? He asked. "The real oak is gone, few years ago." He said, laughing. "One day, I'll get my team back."