• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Pokemon Rebellion

Imagine what would happen if a group of Pokemon realized that they didn't deserve to be kept as slaves, so they all left their trainers and formed a team to rebel against them. That's what this role-play is about. Be your own Pokemon with your own backstory that was wild or left it's trainer.

Here are the rules:
1. Please try your best to correctly capitalize and punctuate everything correctly.
2. If you are joining for the first time, read everything that already happened so you know what's going on into the story.
3. Please keep your contributions kid-appropriate. Do not swear or use mature themes.
4. If you are joining for the first time, please copy and paster the following layout onto the beginning of your comment:

Name:
Pokemon Species:
------------------------------------------

Name: Sonny
Pokemon Species: Turtwig
Owned or Wild: Owned
------------------------------------------
Sonny was very happy. He had been a Pokemon that had been used for constant tests and experiments by a man named Professor Rowan. He hated being used for experiments, but now he had been given to a young boy named Lucas. He knew that he would enjoy having his very own trainer, but by his first battle he realized he was wrong. Sonny rejoiced as he was sent out of his Pokeball. He looked forward to see a large Bidoof ahead of him. He was forced to bite and scratch the opposing Pokemon, and he was very weak when the battle had ended. But, as he saw the other Pokemon topple over in defeat he realized that this was wrong. He was not a slave. He was not born to be used for experiments or battles. That night, as Sonny slept curled up by Lucas's side, he suddenly darted off of the bed, grabbed Lucas's bag in his mouth, left Twinleaf Town, and ran away for good. He knew he didn't need a trainer, he needed more friends.

Last edited:
Name: Cal
Pokemon Species: Fennekin ♥
Owned Or Wild: Owned

Cal was born in a nice cave near a grassy area in Kalos. Life was good for for the Little Fennekin. Even though he was born a runt, his mother still loved him and he was very close to his sister, Kenna. Kenna and Cal loved to play together, having fun chasing each other in the grassy meadows. Rolling in the flowers and playing tug-o-war over left over bones. One normal sunny day Cal woke up and he and his sister started playing together. They did the normal, chase each other, play fight, normal kid stuff. When a two humans walked up and and one of them picked up His sister. ¨This one´s good, Jerry. The professor will like this one.¨ ¨But what about the other one John, He prefers Males and that one your holding is a girl.¨ ¨Na, that one is too wimpy, not trainer would want that one.¨ Cal try to bark and use Ember but he was very weak but they paid no mind to the tiny Fennekin. They put Kenna in a small cage and drove away leaving Cal alone. When he got back hem saw a trainer trying to capture his mom. Cal tried to defend his mom but passed out when the trainer´s Greninja use Hydro Pump on him. When Cal woke up his mother was gone. Cal was all alone. A few days later the same guys who took Kenna came back and started searching for Cal. ¨Hey, Where is that runt? We have to get another Fennekin for a Pokemon Trainer because all the starter Fennekins have been picked already.¨ They found Cal severing in the cave missing the warmth of his mother. ¨Lets makes this quick ¨ John said. Cal growled and was in attack mode when the man pulled out something sharp and jabbed it into the Cal´s leg. The thing Cal remembers of the cave is passing out right after John said ¨Sweet Dreams little runt.¨ When Cal woke up he was in a steel cage and there was a human looking at him. He had a white coat on and was smiling at him. The man picked Cal up. Cal started to growl. ¨Don´t worry little guy, I will not hurt you.¨ That was a lie. The man which Cal would later learn was Professor Sycamore made him battle other Pokemon. Cal didn´t want to but if he didn´t he would be forced into this tiny ball or pass out and each was rather uncomfortable and painful. After awhile of training he was put into the ball for awhile. He was relased when he saw this girl staring at him. ¨So you want Fennekin as your starter?¨ The professor told the girl, ¨Yes! He is so tiny and cute! I love him.¨ The girl had metal all over her teeth and spit every time she said a word. She then put Cal back in the ball. A few hours later the girl made Fennekin come out and battle a innocent Pikachu. ¨Use Scratch! It was about to faint when she caught it. After that Cal had to do many battles and was up to Level 11, or whatever that means. One night Beth, his master left him out. Cal knew what he had to do, he had to run, He wanted to bring Minnie, the Pikachu, But in this world it´s every man for themselves so he ran. He ran and ran till he got got picked up by this other human. I am going to take you to Sinnoh! You will be a Huge hit!¨ The man gave him some food and he passed out again when he woke up he was in a box and he heard ¨Ladies and Gentleman, See the amazing Kalos Pokemon that is Fennekin!¨ The box came up and Cal was on a stage. There was many people staring at him. Cal could literally just run away right now, no more cramp balls, no more stupid trainers, no more passing out form sharp things and food so Cal ran away as fast as he could till he saw a Green thing and Cal asked ¨Hi, I´m Cal, The Fennekin, You Are?¨

"Oh, hi," said Sonny "my name is Sonny. I've just run away from my trainer because I hated being forced to battle. I've never seen a Pokemon like you before? Where's your trainer?"

Scarlla
Zorua
Female
Wild
--------------------

Scarlla laughed as she jumped rock to rock, her turquoise orbs bright. "Another human tricked." She fell into a fit of laughter on a rock when she saw a Fennikin and a Turtwig that smelt of human. "Hahahahahahaha what are human petsdoing in the wild?" She smirked from the tree she was in, her fluffy tail wagging. Shewas hidden from view in the shaggy tree she was in, and her red and black fur was darker in the tree's shade. "Wanting to get eaten or something? I know some Mightyena that can help with that~" She purred, her foxy blue eyes peering down at them. "This is no place for pets." She snorted.

Name: Charles
Pokémon Species: Charmander

Charles had a atrocious time in his early life. He had hatched prematurely since his egg had fell from a hillside when a trainer had kicked it down. His flame was so weak as he barely looked up and saw a grunt of Team Aggression that took him to an unknown area.

He was abused, neglected, cramped in a cage and also had been injected with a substance that was known as the EVA Virus. (Evolutionized Virus of Aggression) The virus had mutated in his body as he became a monster over the course of months.

A few months later, Charles had became extremely agitated as he had it with the people that had abused him.

He saw the same grunt from a few months back coming to his cage, as he shouted out a roar so loud, that the she wetted her pants, threw her keys in a panic, and scurried away from him as quickly as she could!

Charles saw that the keys were at the door as he grabbed them, and tried every single one until he found the exact key that would unlock the door. He kicked the door down in a huge rage as the door went down and cracked from several angles! He stomped across the hall and used Flamethrower on the wooden door in anger! The door had quickly been down to ashes a minute later, as some other grunts had attempted to chase Charles down, but he was already angered to the point where he would attack without any response.

Charles used Flamethrower again, as one of the grunts had been hit by the blazing flames and exclaimed, "AHHHHH, I'M BURNING! SOMEONE DESTROY THIS TINY LIZARD!"

The other grunt had attempted to pin Charles down as he reacted swiftly by rolling away and dashing out back into the wilderness. The other grunt had screamed, "AHH! HE GOT AWAY! AND WE NEED TO GET YOU TO A HOSPITAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!"

Charles had no feelings of compassion or any happier emotions as he had attacked anyone in his sight. He stomped around while some Fletchling above fled in fear as he saw an orange figure and a green figure talking to each other.

He clenched his hands into fists as the flame on his tail blazed so intensely that the heat could be felt from nearby. He approached them as he had an enraged look on his face.

"Oh my gosh," yelled Sonny suddenly, "Cal, what is that!?" Sonny stood near Cal because he had only just been introduced into the wide world of Pokemon. As the large orange Pokemon got closer Sonny said "Hello, my name is Sonny and this is Cal. Who are you?

Last edited:
Charles had angrily roared and said, "I'm Charles... I've been made... into a monster!" He screamed in a loud roar after while the flame on his tail intensified.

Charles charged towards Sonny as he had almost no control of himself since the virus took over. He tried to ram Sonny but he had missed as he tripped and landed at a tree!

Charles tried to calm down, as his feelings of friendship were restricted due to his adnormal amount of anger that surged throughout his body.

His eyes glew bright red like hot lava as he went up to another tree and punched it so hard that it cracked! Some of the wild Pokémon nearby fled as screams of terror filled the area.

"What happened to you?" asked Sonny, "Whatever, never mind, but please come with me and we can rebel against humans together." Sonny stopped and gazed up in to Charles's eyes. He could tell that they were burning with anger and fire. "Please," Sonny said softly."

Charles still attempted to control himself as he resisted the urge to use Flamethrower. He tried to talk it out as his screams and agony could be heard within his faint cries.

He started to shake as he punched the ground and shouted, "I'll try my b- best... to tell what happened... GRRRRR AUGHH!"

Charles quickly went to another tree and punched it like he did with the other tree as he had tried to let off some steam. He then slightly shouted, "I'll c- come with y- you... but it's going to be hard with me being so... AGGGGHHH!"

Charles then punched the tree again as some red linear markings had appeared on his body!

Meanwhile, Charles was exhausted as the red markings on his body had disappeared. His aggression had gradually dissipated as he tried to take baby steps and sustain his balance.

Charles fell to the ground besides Sonny as he lied there unconscious. His body was almost motionless, but he still breathed while the flame on his tail subsided.

Scarlla huffed at being ignored, and jumped down, walking over to the Charmander. Slowly, she poked him in the belly and jumped over him, using him as a hurdle. "Pets are so boring." She huffed and pawed at the fire lit tail, her own fluffy tail wagging. "Oh well." She shrugged and started to walk off, her black ears twitching ever so slightly as her red paws hit the growl.

Name: Barry
Species: Bidoof

The sound of pitter-pattering feet echoed off the stone walkway that lead to the forest, tears streamed down the Bidoofs eyes, his heart reduced to shambles. He thought he found a partner, a friend, a brother, no one in this world wanted a crumby ass Bidoof as a Pokemon, unless they wanted an HM slave, but he thought this trainer was different, he thought he was nice. Lies, all lies and deception to get Barry to lower his guard to that bastard so he could wrench his hopes, his dreams, his very soul from his body, tear it to pieces, and give the remains back to him and laugh while the poor Bidoof attempted the insurmountable task of putting the piece back together. It seemed so long ago, his trainers betrayal, was it really just a few short minutes ago? Still, he knew that one moment, the moment that broke him, would stick with him for the rest of his wreak of a life. If he owed his trainer just this, it was an admission that he taught him a powerful lesson:

Humans were scum.

His mind flashed back to that moment, the moment when life as he knew it with the human he once called "friend" came to a brutal end, it would have been better if he just killed Barry the day they meet. Barry was extremely thirsty after his brutal training, and needed to help himself to his trainers storage area, they had known each other long enough, surly he wouldn't mind if he had just one drink or two to quench his incredible thirst. Oh, what a fool Barry was, moments later his "trainer" walked in and saw what he had done. Barry thought it was no big deal, at worse he'd get a mild scolding for not asking before he helped himself to a few beverages, oh how wrong he was. Hard words, verbal assaults that made Barry feel less then dirt, worse yet, his "trainer tried to takes his drinks from him while he was still so thirsty! They fought, they argues, blows were exchanged, but in the end his prized beverage was wrestled from his exhausted paws. And then came the sentence, the words that cemented his trainer, no, all humans, as irredeemable monsters who saw Pokemon as little more then tools for war:

"Good lord Barry, three bottles of rum and a 40 oz. of beer, in fifteen minutes!?!? Barry, you have a serious problem, I'm sorry, but that is it, I'm cutting off your alcohol intake! You get one beer a day, maybe two on a weekend, and that's it!

Vile, evil monsters humans were, especially his trainer, after all the years they spent bonding together!...O.K, now that he thought about it, it might have been closer to two days....BUT THE PAIN FELT LIKE A YEAR LONG BOND SHATTERED! Didn't this man know alcohol was the only thing that prevent Barry from falling into the depression caused by being a useless ass Bidoof? Enraged, Barry picked up an empty Rum bottle, threw it at his so called "trainers" stupid face (he missed by a wide margin) and sprinted out of his house, never looking back. No, he was a lone wanderer now, destined to roam the wood in solitude till he found his strength, strength enough to get his vengeance on these, vile, pinked skinned monsters called "humans". He would have his revenge for his lost alcohol, JUST LET THEM WAIT AND SEE, JUST WAIT A-

Barry's train of thought was cut short as he ran/ stumbled head-long into a Zorua.

"OH CRAP DAMN IT GAH, MOTHER OF MOSS ASS!!!!", Barry yelled as he rubbed his head. Stupid trainer of his didn't let him get drunk enough to kill his nerve endings so he couldn't feel pain. Another thing to blame on those bastard Grass-types...or was it humans he was hating right now? Eh, he'd settle for both. Picking himself up, he saw what looked like a Zorua standing over an unconscious Charmander that, to Barry at least, looked near death, and a near-bye Turtwig (oh great, a grASS-type, Barry hated those Manure heads....). Still, his recent experiences had taught him he needed to bond with his Pokemon breathrin. Straightening himself up, and by that he meant wiping some of the blood off his face, but not all (it added color) he decided to go introduce himself to the other Pokemon.

"Uh, hai guize, mah names Barry, Barry dah Bidoofa, an uh, dont whoary ahboot getten in mah way meisther ehmo foxa, ah'll forgivah, but ah ohne consithion, you gottah shpllit dat Charminder with me when 'e kickza dah bucket, ahm naht a veury ghud hunter, an' a need mez prhotin ta shurviviah....show, whattya shaie?"

Barry was not going to make any new friends anytime soon...

Last edited:
Charles had gotten up shortly after as he heard Scarlla and Barry. The rage in his body still surged, but it was less intense.

He trembled to Scarlla with a slightly angered look as he resisted the urge to attack. His eyes were slightly red, as the flame on his tail gradually blazed more intensely.

He attempted to control his emotions, as he spoke in a slightly reasonable manner. He said in a moderately loud tone, "H- hi... w- what's your n- name..."

"Ah, he's alive." Scarlla stopped in her tracks and gave her usual Zorua smirk. "Well, I am called Scarlla. Do you have a name human's pet?" She snickered while batting some dirt out of her turquoise orbs with her eyelashes. Her red paws sat in the grass before she rolled in the greenery to cool off. Scarlla still had her small foxy smirk on, since it usually never left her face.

Charles tried to control his actions, as adrenaline in his body quickly surged after he heard Scarlla. The same red markings on his body appeared again, as it signified the anger in his body that he had bottled in.

Charles pounded the ground as he roared so loudly that the leaves shook in fear! He was enraged again, as the flame on his tail enlarged and blazed extremely. His eyes were dark red as they shined anger at anyone he saw.

He charged towards Scarlla in a huge rage as he dashed towards her while he wobbled a little. Unfortunately, he quickly became exhausted again from a lack of energy, as even the adrenaline in his body failed to keep up. He fell next to Scarlla and passed out!

The flame on his tail suddenly returned to normal, as it abated, shrinked back to a reasonable size, and burned warmly. He took in tiny breaths, and he was motionless.

"I abandoned my trainer in Kalos, a region far from this one. I hated her and i personally hate all human kind. They are cruel, Heartless Beast who are selfish and rude. They use us as slaves and I WANT LAST ONE OF THEM DEAD!" Cal's Voice getting louder and louder with every world till it was the volume of a battle cry. "Sorry, what they did to me was terrible, but probably not the worst that could happen." Cal spoke as he looked at the Charmander. He felt bad for all the other Pokemon, they made his live story look like heaven compared to their own.

"Wow, Cal, so you're rebelling against humans too!" said Sonny, "Well then, would you like to come with me and Charles?" He looked over and noticed Charles lying near a Zorua and a Bidoof who had just appeared. "Hey," yelled Sonny "did you hurt him? Who are you? Charles, are you ok?"

Last edited:
Charles was still unconscious as he lied near Scarlla still. The flame on his tail warmed everyone nearby as it wavered around.

The markings on his body disappeared as his rage started to condense, though it was still at an unstable amount. He took a few breaths, while his head moved around in tiny motions.

Cal ran over to the Charles, He wanted to make sure he was ok, He got there and he saw a fox pokemon like him, but she was black, red, and grey with blue eyes, while he had brown eyes, and was yellow, red, orange, and white. He also saw a Bidoof next to the fox. "Hello, Foxy(Scarlla), My names Cal, What are you, and whats your name? And did you hurt that Charmander?" He hoped he was okay, he appeared injured, his tail fire was quite low.

Sonny ran to catch up with Cal, because he also wanted to make sure that Charles was ok. "You deal with these guys, Cal," he said to Cal "I'll tend to Charles!" He approached the Charmander from behind and then nudged him with his head onto a soft bed of leaves. He looked down at Charles's motionless body and then said "You're gonna be ok, buddy. Don't worry."

Cal was ready to attack if these other Pokemon were going to hurt Charles. Cal was pretty strong now, his runt days were over. He was good at using Ember and Scratch but his star move was Flame Charge, Which he could use at high speeds. "Listen, I don't want to hurt you two but you leave me no choice. Surrender now or Try to stop me, I am fine with either way cause I know I will win." Cal gave a smirk and held a flame in his mouth, preparing to use Ember.

"Call for backup if you need me, Cal!" Sonny yelled from where he was tending to Charles. He looked over and noticed that the Pokemon who looked like Cal seemed like it was about to pounce. "Oh no..." Sonny said to himself.

Name: Oswald
Pokemon Species: Magnemite
Captured or Wild: Captured

Oswald, a Magnemite, knows not his origin nor what his early life was like; he is only aware of the fact that there was what seemed like a great flash of light before he was knocked unconscious, as he still is currently. You see, unbeknownst to Oswald, he, and other members if the Magnemite line alongside members of other, similar Pokémon species (I.e Electrode/Voltorb, Klink, etc.) were being used as a type of power generator at the Sandgem City Pokémon lab before an Electrode decided to use Explosion in a fit of hopelessness, resulting in all the others, including Oswald, being sent outside the lab to various places nearby. Oswald himself, actually, ended up in a flaming heap by a congregated group of Pokémon, consisting of a Zorua, Charmander, Turtwig, Bidoof, and Fennekin on a route close to the town.

Last edited:
Charles shortly woke up after as he looked around himself and saw leaves on him. He couldn't move much as his body was paralyzed from the extreme amount of adrenaline that he had used earlier.

His vision was fuzzy, as it was almost impossible to see anything from even a close distance. He took a sharp look at Sonny as he only saw the colors of his body, and the seedling on his head.

He attempted to get up, but his paralysis made him unable to move. He took in some deep breaths, as he was a little calmer now. The anger in his body began to recede once he found out that not everyone was bad after all.

Last edited:
"Oh please." Scarlla snickered. "Well Foxy," She purred to Cal, in mock play as she sat down and groomed her fluffy pelt. After being in many fights as she had been, the Zourua wasn't afraid. "The name's Scarlla." She yawned and rolled around in the grass again, to get a scratch on her back that she couldn't reach to go away. "Why so tense anyway? You're human's pets aren't you, go live your pampered little lives."

Cal growled at Scarlla. "Human took away all that I love and you mock me? You say I should go be pampered? I was the opposite of pampered when I was with my owner, she made me battle other innocent Pokemon for no reason. They shouldn't battle unless they want to, not because a human makes them. I am not scared of some little fox who doesn't know any MANNERS!!!!!!" Cal shut his mouth. He wish he hadn't said that. But she made him angry. And there was no backing down now.

Scarlla gave her usual snicker and stood up. "I see, so a pet-excuse me EXpet," She smirked as she circled him. "Has some guts." Hearing the crash, she padded to the crater. "You alive down there?" she asked and looked down at the Pokémon. "...Should we burry him?" She asked, looking at the fire fox, and grass turtle.

Charles became enraged again after he heard Scarlla mock him and Cal. He gathered all his energy to break free of his paralysis as he got up and stomped over to Scarlla! He screamed at her, "Oh sure... like I was pampered... I was abused back there, I almost died! Do you know how much I have to go throug- GRRRRROAAUUGGHH!"

Charles had lost it, as adrenaline in his body rapidly generated while he pounded the ground in fury! The flame on his tail blazed intensely as he roared at Scarlla! His eyes glew dark red while the markings on his body appeared. Rage surged through his body as he prepared to attack Scarlla!

Scarlla blinked and sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'm going." She started to walk off. "I don't like humans, nor their pets, I don't even like the idea that you used to associate with them, forced or not. We've all had bad lives at one point or another Charles, cope with it." With that she continued walking, her playful, and tricky demeanor gone completely.

Charles was still enraged with her, as he was about to use Flamethrower! He was angered to the point that he charged at her without any second thoughts.

He glared at her while his body began to emit a dark red aura around himself, as he roared, "YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! I'M GOING TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH YOU! JUST YOU WAIT YOU LITTLE FOX!"

Name: Sarah
Pokemon Species: Starly
Captured or wild: Captured

Sarah and her trainer, Bella,were always in adventures together. Going skydiving, which of course was Sarah's favorite. They then encountered a wild Staraptor. Bella
did choose Sarah for this, somehow. "Why didn't she choose her Pikachu?" she thought. She was forced to use Scratch, but she did not attack with scratch. Sarah then got hit by a Aerial Ace two times, and she got very very hurt. "Return, Sarah. You were one hundred percent useless." Bella said, growling.
"What did you just say?" the Starly thought.

Then it was night. Sarah was let out of her pokeball at night, to guard Bella. Instead, the bird went outside, grabbed some berries on the berry tree, and rushed out into the wild where the other Pokemon were.

Sighing, Scarlla turned around, and batted her eyes, small hearts coming from them. She was using her Captivate, a move no male Pokémon could resist. The move could be seen as a trick, or back handed, but hey, she was a Zourua, tricks were in her nature. She stood there as she waited, she actually enjoyed teasing the expets, though she would never admit it if her life depended on it.

Charles got hit from the hearts as he tried to resist them! He was charmed briefly, but he quickly charged at Scarlla again! He used Flamethrower at her, as the powerless flames rushed at her!

The attack didn't do as much damage as Charles expected, as she was only left with a tiny burn mark on her fur.

Charles panted a little as he attempted to keep fighting, as his small body couldn't sustain enough energy for him to unleash his full potential.

Oswald, finally awakening after the explosion, levitated out of the crater made by his crash before frantically scanning the area for any information about his current predicament. He saw multiple species of Pokémon engaging in various activities which he recognized but was seemingly afraid of engaging, due to his knowledge of the concept of "type matchups." Eventually, his eye becomes fixated on the nearby Zorua and Charmander, both of whom he was able to identify based on information he gleaned from conversations with a Porygon back at the lab. After his quick scan of the environment, Oswald's interest was piqued when he realized that the Charmander's appearance contradictory to what had been described in the Professor's lab reports which he had seen previously. He then proceeded to float down to approach him and the nearby Zorua, quizzically buzzing and sparking all the way.

Last edited:
"My fur is ruined..." Scarlla growled at the burn before seeing Oswald come towards her. "So you are alive. Are you a pet, or expet, too?" She asked, tilting her black furred head. Her azure eyes batted ever so slightly as she blinked up at the new Pokémon. "So many of them showing up lately." She sighed and started grooming her fur over her burns. "Can I help you?" She asked him as she groomed.