• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damian Wayne.
Gonna need to vomit for a minute

Also I think if someone is waiting on a post from me Im going to wait for the next round of everyone, chrocey, nevashi, and now floyd, amara and I think whomever the third person was her name escapes me at this moment but...

I just dont want to drop a somewhat unnoticeable Orion post when I can put it in with Damians reaction when he wakes, unless me posting now is a necessity

I had no idea about Eevee being so male dominant. I wouldn't have guessed either. I always thought the Pokémon looked more feminine.
-

She took hit after hit dodging when she could. She landed a few blows nothing of consequence, but she was getting faster. That was improvement and that's what she hoped for.
Loziana, don't take this the wrong way, but be mindful of how quickly you make Aidinia progress. I don't mind if she eventually becomes a master level martial artist, it would be pretty interesting to see in fact, but keep in mind the time spend in game. Aidina only started her training sessions late the night before and it's only the morning after.

Also, I would have loved to see June respond to Savior's attack actually. :D
I mean, it was only a few minutes earlier that she witnessed the Sceptile attack his partner all of a sudden, and now the Hitmonlee suddenly assault the doctor? Could have been a great moment for Burble to write in that action scene he really wanted, where June uses her Psychic abilities to restrain the fighting Pokemon.

Last edited:
I found myself really enjoying the new origin stories they started in Justice League War, and continued in Justice Leave Thrones of Atlantis and Justice League vs Teen Titans, despite the individual stories not being so great after War. It's mostly the more realistic team dynamic they have going, and the individual characters are just so much more three dimensional than in earlier days.

I always liked Raven, and now that I think about it, I realize she's sorta similar to our own Cassie ;)
Following that analogy Aidinia would be Starfire. :)

I didn't parrot you! I was writing up a message, and then when I posted it, a bunch of new ones appeared!
:?:(
I know, I was teasing. :p

Also, I wanted to mention how emotional I got from writing my post. I hope it really came across and didn't bore anyone. Me and Nygenn have been discussing their little history prior to DT for a while now, and I think it's about time I spill the beans. We agreed they would've been six and five years old when they met, and since Salem was pretty aloof at that age, it really wouldn't have made that much of an impression on him while it really stuck with Cassie simply because it was her first time in a tropical island and the culture shock would've been enough to keep the memory alive. The reason for lil' Cassie to suppress the memory, was, of course because of her disapproving, condescending parents who got very irritated and butthurt whenever she asked them if they could come back and visit the primitive islanders. :p

I always liked Raven, and now that I think about it, I realize she's sorta similar to our own Cassie ;)
Following that analogy Aidinia would be Starfire. :)
Would that mean we'd have Salem as Robin? :\=|: Even though I imagine him more as a Aqualad kind of guy.

Last edited:
@Jake Acker

I know I said you were in, but it doesn't mean I still can't grill your ass. :p

The major details of the post is not what I am referring to, but there is this irritatingly prevalent thing you do where you write I'm as Im or even im. You also misused 'were' instead of 'where' in Knox's answer to Jasper's question about where his pokemon were and I highly implore that you run a check for your post again to neaten it and bring it up to our reading standard.

That being said, the reason I'm bringing this up is so I could enjoy your post better, because I thoroughly did until I noticed those little peeves.
“Im sorry, are you attacking me or coming onto me? You’re really not making it very clear. Nice stick though by the way, I see somebody enjoyed wood shop at high school.”
The smartasses ended up stuck together. Note that you can also see what I mean by your writing of Im instead of I'm there.

Last edited:
@Jake Acker

I know I said you were in, but it doesn't mean I still can't grill your ass. :p

The major details of the post is not what I am referring to, but there is this irritatingly prevalent thing you do where you write I'm as Im or even im. You also misused 'were' instead of 'where' in Knox's answer to Jasper's question about where his pokemon were and I highly implore that you run a check for your post again to neaten it and bring it up to our reading standard.

That being said, good job on this.

The smartasses ended up stuck together. Note that you can also see what I mean by your writing of Im instead of I'm there.
Oops, just a moment I'll go fix it.

Jake Acker that was an awesome entry and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Particularly after the hours I spend writing my upcoming entry. Damn Cassie for forcing me to get all emotional.

It'll be up soon though, I just need to add a section for our Pokemon.

Jake Acker that was an awesome entry and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Particularly after the hours I spend writing my upcoming entry. Damn Cassie for forcing me to get all emotional.

It'll be up soon though, I just need to add a section for our Pokemon.
Thanks man, I'm looking forward to your next post especially now I know how long you've worked on it!

There was a lot of fact checking. Throughout the story I've been leaving a lot of hits and suggestions everywhere that made it seem like Salem had a lot of backstory when in fact he had nothing yet at the time. :D
He does now though, so I had to see if I could tie a few of those loose strings together in this next entry. Making his overall story come together more.
-

Alright, I posted and it's a double post, shame on me. I just felt kinda awkward mashing those two scene together in a single post. I hope nobody is too bothered by this.

Then as Pen already mentioned, we're hinting here at a long forgotten history between Cassie and Salem and I'll tell you how that came to be. It was around a time when posting in this RP just seemed to have slowed down to a crawl at best. We were both super psyched but with nothing to post we got to talking about our characters and their histories, Salem's in particular needed some more fleshing out. And the more I told Pen about Salem's home Region the more excited she got.

"Hey, I have a crazy idea," she began.
"What if Cassie came to Regalo Del'Mar as a child, on a family holiday?"

I thought the idea a bit too far fetched, especially considering the budding relationship between Cassie and Salem. It would become one of those 'destined' romances that I personally just don't really like, but there was nothing else to post for us, or me a least since I'm only playing Salem and exclusively in this RP.

She got me excited with a few choice scenario possibilities for Cassie and Salem as children, so at one point I relented and began writing some story entries about how they would have met. Being the Wonderful that she is, Pen of course eagerly replied, prompting me for more. After a while, and we had both gotten so caught up in it, and the story was flowing together so well, we decided it would be a waste if it stayed just a 'What if' story, and we declared it canon.

What you all are seeing in these last entries, those references or quotes that seem unfamiliar to you all are taken from scenes of the side-story we dubbed 'Memories of Regalo Del'Mar.'

I hope you all enjoy what we're creating here. We would love some feedback on this topic, and who knows, maybe we'll release that little story as a Fan-fiction entry when it's finished.
Then those who are interested can see how innocent and adorable lil' Cassie was before life happened to her, and how much more oblivious and naive Salem used to be.

As a final note, how many of you had noticed the profile avatars that Pen and I have been using for a while now? ;)

Last edited:
I kind of put two and two together when I saw "Memories of Regalo Del'Mar" in the coin list.

But I'd love to read the whole thing if you two do decide to release it all.

I also loved Ajax's little post, it was hilarious, but one thing:

Did Ajax kill the Diglett? Or just stomp it into the ground?

Did Ajax kill the Diglett? Or just stomp it into the ground?
That's really up to whoever wants to use the Diglett. He could well have killed it, or just stomped it back into it's tunnel damaging it but not killing it. Do with it what you will.
-

Oh by the way, in case anyone couldn't tell and was wondering, I decided that since Salem's native language isn't English it would be cool if his people named Pokémon differently. Now the Spanish never officially translated the Pokémon, unlike the Germans and the French, so I had to get creative and come up with my own names :D

Nidoran = Dorino
Nidorina = Doronto
Nidorino = Doronta
Nidoqueen = Doreina
Nidoking = Dodama

I kind of put two and two together when I saw "Memories of Regalo Del'Mar" in the coin list.
You know, you pay really close attention to whatever I do. Should I be worried? :p
Nah, I think it's cool you're paying attention to all the details. Makes it all feel worthwhile.
Just for you I'll sometimes edit some little things here and there to see if you notice. ;)

Last edited:
Hey does anybody here ever play Pokémon showdown? If anybody does and has the time I would love to battle some of you in random battles for the fun of it

I've downloaded it when Nova mentioned it before, but have never used it yet. Would have to see how it works. There's a lot of things going on there that I'm not familiar with from the games, but I guess I can place them easily enough. Perks of being a game designer I suppose :p

Small post for Lady, because I needed a break from all of the heavy stuff I'm writing for Cassie.

Plus, I'm rather intrigued by how Lady would actually interact with other pokemon. With how quickly Salem and Cassie are taking to each other they might as well get to know each other. ;)

The diglet is stil there Burb I asked Ny to take down his post till later. One so you had a chance to respond to Megan first and two because it was a double post in the main thread.

There, the unacceptable crisis of the double post has been averted, we can all breath normally again.

As for the Diglett, Ajax just came and went again, merely dropping off Lin and accidentally stepping on the tiny rodent. I don't intent for it to be dead, or even deterred from its assault on Gerald and Megan so people can still have it do whatever they want. And if it turns out no one cares then you have an easy way out and say it did, in fact, got squashed. :D

Wait, just a question: is Jasper coming off as bisexual? I've played bisexual and gay characters before and while I'm straight irl, I have no qualms with playing gay characters, and I also don't think I ever clarified Jasper's sexuality, so I might make him bi? But I'm not 100% sure. What do you guys think?

Wait, just a question: is Jasper coming off as bisexual? I've played bisexual and gay characters before and while I'm straight irl, I have no qualms with playing gay characters, and I also don't think I ever clarified Jasper's sexuality, so I might make him bi? But I'm not 100% sure. What do you guys think?
Well, that's really up to you. If you think it would suit Jasper's character, then why not? Gerald is also bisexual, and Erejast is gay. I don't see the problem with having another bi. ;)

There's just so much love for the boys in this RP :)

Salem is straight in that he loves women, but he has no qualms with 'helping a brother out' so to speak.
In the primitive culture he comes from lust is opens accepted as simply a natural occurrence, but it can distract or get in the way on the hunt or during other activities. Rather than suppressing it it's more the norm to just offer a helping hand. No one bats an eye at it when everybody does it and it's a known fact, for men at least, that they operate with much higher clarity after release. Certainly more so than trudging along with suppressed desires.

That why he was so comfortable in his teasing of Gerald at the time, only when he noticed that Gerald was actually into men and would likely mistake his joke he stopped and apologized not wanting to lead the guys on.
-

Then Curvykitten, awesome entry, but I want to make you aware of the fact that there are a number of words that are missing letters. You may want to give your text a quick read and edit.
-

Alright friends MozzaD and Jake Acker, I've got something to tell you that I think is pretty important so listen up and see if you find it helpful or not.

Especially in Jasper's latest entry I notice some issues with backtracking into past events in order to respond to actions and dialogue. When you post you have to be careful and think about about how others might possibly want to respond, or if you don't want them to respond how you make that clear. What I saw happening here is that Jasper originally began the interaction with a series of actions and comments, so far so good although he might have already said too much for a single entry. Proof of this becomes apparent when Knox comments about wood crafts in response to Jasper, but since Jasper was already stated to say more he lost the opportunity to respond to Knox's reaction. Knox even pointed out how Jasper seemed to ignore his remarks. So imagine how confusing it is to now read MozzD backtracking into his own post to have Jasper respond after all, shattering the continuity and order of his own dialogue.

You can prevent these things by simply not saying too much that can be responded to in a single entry. Or you can have your character mentally react but not actually speak up. As long as you don't break the order of actions you should be good.

Now since both Jasper and Knox seem to be very witty characters that are very vocal and just can't help themselves responding to every jab or challenge, I strongly recommend you keep a careful reign on the new dialogue you introduce in each entry. In Jasper's last entry I would probably have stopped at the moment he posed his question to verify Knox's identity, and save the rest of later.

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to say, if not, just say so and I'll try again :D

Last edited:
short post up for Apollo before I am off to sleep

here is a pic of Apollo again for the new people as it has not been seen in awhile.

3db326695f5b67a58135fb44485d4274.jpg

I hope that the arrival of Apollo helps sort out this back tracking issue. Right now Jasper and Knox are having several conversations at varying moments in time. :p

You post is a bit sloppy Jake Acker, it makes for an awkward read, but I can imagine wanting to put it out there as soon as possible with that size. :D
Also, they're standing in a river, not on the beach.

Then there is something that I'm curious about. I don't know Devon corporation, have never heard of them in fact, but I cannot help and wonder about how common that knowledge about fossils is? If it's really common then the fact that Knox knows the answers to that question doesn't actually prove anything. But if it's very secret knowledge that only those with close ties to the Devon corporation would know, then how can Jasper even ask that question? How curious...

I hope that the arrival of Apollo helps sort out this back tracking issue. Right now Jasper and Knox are having several conversations at varying moments in time. :p

You post is a bit sloppy Jake Acker, it makes for an awkward read, but I can imagine wanting to put it out there as soon as possible with that size. :D
Also, they're standing in a river, not on the beach.

Then there is something that I'm curious about. I don't know Devon corporation, have never heard of them in fact, but I cannot help and wonder about how common that knowledge about fossils is? If it's really common then the fact that Knox knows the answers to that question doesn't actually prove anything. But if it's very secret knowledge that only those with close ties to the Devon corporation would know, then how can Jasper even ask that question? How curious...
Yeah I know it's really sloppy, I'm hungover if I'm honest with you and I didn't know how to tackle all those conservations XD
I think I'm gonna tell MozzaD to just answer from the very end to get past the issue

if I'm honest with you and I didn't know how to tackle all those conservations XD
I'm not surprised at all. You guys need to take a step back because I think you're just too eager and put too much dialogue in a single post. That and both characters have this compulsive need to verbally respond to everything :D

Also, are you allowed to drink?

I'm not surprised at all. You guys need to take a step back because I think you're just too eager and put too much dialogue in a single post. That and both characters have this compulsive need to verbally respond to everything :D

Also, are you allowed to drink?
Do you think I would be drinking if I wasn't allowed? :/