• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon/Human High School

(Okay, first things first, this is the kind of school where all students, despite grade level, are in the same classes, and it's the first day of school. Your age has to be somewhere between 14, and 18. Try to put in at least one paragraph, please? You can choose to be either a human, or a human turned Pokemon. If you want to play the role of a teacher, make sure to PM me about it first, so that I know. Here is the character form if you're a human:

Name:
Looks:
Bio (not necessary):

Here's the character form if you're a Pokemon:

Species:
Name:
Nickname:
Bio (still not necessary):

Alright. I hope we can make this a great rp! See ya there!)
Species: Riolu
Name: Matthew
Nickname: Ryu
Personality: He is a funny kid, who has a good sense of humor. He is musically talented, and is good at making friends. Often nervous when going to a new school, or when it's the first day, or both.
Likes: Video games, soccer, Science (can't think of anymore xD)
Dislikes: Math, annoying siblings, bullies (^^^ Ditto. HA! Get it? XD)

Ryu woke up to an alarming sound. His alarm clock was going off. 7:00 AM. He slapped his alarm clock off, and sat up, still very groggy from just waking up. He yawned, stretched, and got up out of bed.

He made his way downstairs, and into the kitchen, sitting down on one of the kitchen tables. His mother was in there too, making pancakes for breakfast. "Good morning, Matthew." His mother said. "Morning, Mom..." He replied back, yawning, and brushing the sleep out of his eyes.

His mom, Katie, put a plate with 1 pancake in front of him on the table, already coated with maple syrup, and peanut butter, with a fork stabbing it on the top. Along with that came, of course, a cup of milk. Like any kid would, he started eating as soon as he was given it.

Katie sat down across from him, and watched him eat. She gave him a worried look. "Matthew..." "Yeah?" he said with his mouth full of pancake. "Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, you are a pokemon now, after all." She said worriedly. "Hey, just because I'm a Riolu now doesn't mean I can't go to school, and get an education." He said, sounding ever so slightly ticked.

"Yeah, I guess you're right about that. I mean, I wouldn't want you wasting your life away just hiding in your room all day everyday, now would I?"

"Mom, we both know that I would never do that. Not with the kind of person I am." Ryu said, trying to comfort her. Katie then lifted a finger to correct what he had said. "Don't." He interrupted her. She simply laughed. "Well, I can't stop you from doing what you want to do. If you want to go to school like that, then by all means, go to school!" Katie said, sounding like a motivational speaker suddenly.

"I will, and I don't care what anybody thinks. I'll just give them a simple explanation, and walk away. If anyone bullies me, I just shrug it off. If it becomes physical..." He quiets down after saying that. Katie puts her hand on his paw-hand (or whatever it is now). "I hope to god that never happens to you. If it does, let me know, okay?" "Okay..." He said quietly. Ryu finishes his breakfast, grabs his stuff, and heads out the door.

OOC EDIT: There is now a discussion thread for this rp, so newcomers! If you want to be a part of it, please post your part here first so that I know who you are in the discussion thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
Species: Deerling
Name: Clover
Nickname: Clo
Personality: shy, clever, kind, curious, a bit naive.
Dislikes: loud noises, pranks, and mean people.

Clover was extremely nervous. Her father had homeschooled her since she was little, but this was her first day of going to a public school. There would be other kids there... She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Clo guessed she'd just have to find out. She wasn't very good at making friends, though, so she secretly hope that nobody would try to talk to her. The path to the school seemed very long, but she was glad. She wanted to delay getting there for as long as possible. Her eyes widened as she saw a wilting purple flower on the ground, and quickly hurried to pour some water out of her bottle onto it.

"Hey little flower.. here you go." She smiled as she touched the flower gently with her nose. Clover wished she could just stay there, in the forest, instead of going to the scary new school. She loved it out here. But she knew she had to go, otherwise her father would be disappointed. She hated disappointing people. So she picked up her pace, trotting quickly down the path towards the school once more.

Clover jumped, startled by the sudden voice. She turned around and saw the Umbreon. "Oh.. hello. Are you going to school too?" She asked nervously, tipping her head to the side.

Ryu walks outside, then hears a voice he believed was calling for him. He turns towards the noise, and saw an Umbreon, which was then turning around to greet what seemed to be a Deerling. He started to walk over to them, but then a thought came to mind. What if those are actual Pokemon, and I just heard some other person?

Suddenly, he heard the voice again, but this time it came from the Umbreon. He knows it belongs to it, for he was looking at it when he heard the voice. "I thought I was the only one..." He murmured. He walked over to the Umbreon and Deerling to greet them. "Uh...." He hesitated for a moment. "H-Hi!"

"I'm okay.. I think." She smiled, "And nice to m-meet you, too." Clover was surprised that she was actually talking to someone. It sounded silly, but she usually just talked to plants. Plants made good friends, because they never needed birthday presents or anything. But maybe Darkri could be her friend. She hoped he didn't think she was weird or anything.

Ryu was shocked to see that the Umbreon actually knew his name. "H-How did you..." He stuttered, absolutely surprised as to how she knew their names. He shook his head, and continues with his previous thought. "Well, putting that aside, we really need to get going. School starts in 20 minutes!" He started running towards the school, which was about half a mile away.

Clover's eyes widened as she heard another voice. It belonged to a Riolu. He looked to be about the same age as her and Darkri. "Hello.." She greeted Ryu. Then she turned to Darkri. "R-really? Thank you!" She beamed, filled with joy. She was a tad overwhelmed by all of these new faces, but they both seemed alright to Clover. Maybe school wouldn't be that terrible after all.

(It's alright. At least you are getting them in. I also won't be able to reply for a while after this.) Ryu was running towards the school, when Darkri started passing him in a sudden race.

Clover didn't like to brag, but she was a pretty fast runner. She stood still, blinking for a moment, then dashed after Ryu and Darkri. Within seconds she had passed both of them.

(I can't have my phone out, so if I don't reply for a while, that is why.)
Suddenly, he saw the Deerling pass both of them, and he stopped to see how fast she was really going.

They arrive at the school with 6 minutes to spare, and Ryu collapses on the floor of the school as he walks in. The other students in the hallways just look at him as they pass by. A girl walks up to him. "Hey, do you need help, little buddy?" She said, sounding calm and as if she were helping an actual Pokemon. Ryu took offense to that, and got up by himself, smiling devilishly at his decision. "I'm fine. Thank you, though." He whispered to her, and she just sat there for a moment, staring blankly at the spot Ryu was once at. Ryu continued to his locker.

Last edited:
Species: Shiny Vulpix
Name: Nuri
Nickname: Kit
Personality: Quiet, caring, kind, skittish, wise
Dislikes: Water/Rain, Bullies, tall pokèmon.

Kit sighed as she turned to her dad, who was talking with a friend. "Bye dad! I'm off to school now" Kit said quietly before bolting out of the door. The trip was pretty long a boring, but Nuri could make it. She sighed as she FINALLY made it to the school. There, she noticed a few other Pokèmon around. "Hm, so I'm NOT the only one..." She mumbled and slowly stepped forward. "U-Um...Hi..im Ne here and I kinda need some help..." Kit mumbled, hoping that someone heard her.

Last edited:
Before he got to his locker, he heard what sounded like a soft, and shy voice asking for some assistance. Ryu turned around, and saw another Pokemon. A Vulpix. I swear if that Vulpix is the one that talked... He thought, but then shook his head at the thought, dismissing it. He then started walking up to the Vulpix, but then another thought came to his mind. What if she is shy? He shook his head again, and continued forth.

Kit noticed a pokemon like her, walking up to her, it was a Riolu. "Hello, can you help me?" She asked in a bit of a louder voice. For some odd reason, one of her tails were pure white, but she wasn't a baby. Kit tried to smile, but the Riolu was a bit taller than her, intimidating her by a lot.

The Vulpix looked like she was frightened by how tall Ryu was, so when he approached her, he crouched down, hopefully calming her a bit. "Sure. You new here?" He asked in a slightly soft voice, trying not to frighten her, nor offend her just because she was a Vulpix.

Kit nodded and smiled at the Riolu. "Thank you, I thought nobody would of heard me" She said and looked up at him. "I'm Nuri, or Kit for short" She said and looked at her fluffy tails, then back at Riolu.

"Well, with these ears, I can pick up sound much better than before." He told her. "So, it's nice to meet you, Kit. You can call me Matthew, or Ryu if you'd like." He looked back, and back at Kit. "Do you have a locker, or any stuff for that matter?"

Last edited:
"Yes, here" Kit said and pulled out a bag from underneath her. "But I don't have a locker" She said and sighed, looking down. "I don't expect you to help me with that..." She mumbled.

Ryu watched as Kit pulled out a bag from beneath her. "Hey, that's alright. If you don't have a locker, you can use mine. I'm completely okay with it." He said, sounding really kind.

Ryu smiled. "Oh, thank you. It's just what I do. I'm just a friendly guy..." He stopped to correct himself. "or, pokemon now, in this case." He chuckled.

Kit laughed and shook her head in sheer delight. "Well, I actually can't comment on dat" She said and smiled at Ryu, feeling a bit more comfortable around him, or anyone, for that matter of fact.

"So, let's see here..." He said, pulling out his schedule, and unlocking his locker for the both of them. "Gym? Oh man...of all classes to be the first class of the day..." Ryu complained. He was never really good at gym class, and now that he was a Riolu, that didn't help his case at all. He put his stuff, and Kit's stuff in his locker, and headed for the gym...that was in another building across from the one they're in now.

Kit ran after Ryu, not wanting to be left alone...like to her times. She sneezed and looked around. Kit was excellent in gym, but now that she's a four-legged pokèmon, it might be a bit more hard for her to do everything.

Ryu walked into the second building, and stopped in front of the gym doors. He took a deep breath, and exhaled. "Well..." He stopped, and continued. "...it doesn't hurt to try, right? We'll see what this will be like." He walked into the gym. It was empty.

"Pretty boring if you ask me..." Kit mumbled when she entered after Ryu. "At my old school, it was wayyyyy more harder" Kit said and ran to the stage. She climbed up and gazed around the gym. in the corner, something coughed her eye. A bag, and it was moving.

Suddenly, Coach Miller walked into the room. He noticed Ryu first. "Oh, so you must be Matthew." He told him. "Wait, how did you know?" Ryu asked the coach. "You're mother had emailed the principal, and the principal emailed us that if we see a Riolu with a red bandanna around his neck (like in my prof pic x3), that he was Matthew." Ryu smiled. "Thanks, Mom..." He mumbled under his breath.

Coach Miller then noticed the Vulpix up on the stage. "Why is there a Vulpix on the stage?" He asked. "Oh, that's also a student, like me. That's Nuri." Ryu told the coach. "Turned into a Pokemon?" He said with a little bit of shock in his voice. "Yeah, I have no idea what's up with that." Ryu commented. "So, what are we doing today?" He asked the coach. "We are playing the most stereotypical gym game out there. Dodgeball. I'd like to see how well you two do out there." He told him. "Dodgeball. I've never really been good with that." Ryu commented. "Well it's not just going to be you two as the Pokemon. Other people's Pokemon will also be able to play. The basic Pokemon will play with their trainers in here, with you two. The stronger Pokemon will be put in another gym. It should be quite easy for you two, seeing as how you're smaller, and more agile." The coach said.

"What about uniforms?" Ryu asked. "Well, seeing as how those are only for the trainers, you don't have to wear them, since you are technically a Pokemon now." Coach Miller said. "So, right now, we only have about 10 more minutes before class starts, so go do what you need to do before it does." "Alright, thanks." Ryu said. He then ran back over to Kit.

Kit smiled up at Ryu "Hoi!" She exclaimed and wagged her tails. Kit was kinda more interested in the moving bag than anything. Kit took a leap from the stage and landed on a ple that was attached to the roof, Kit ran along there and pounced in the bag from above. It stopped moving, so Kit went back to Ryu with a scowl.

Ryu watched as Kit darted off towards a bag, and pounced on it as if she were a cat. Once she came back, Ryu had this face that said Well that just happened. "Um...what was that?" He asked her.

Kit hissed at the bag "It was moving!!!" She exclaimed and went for another round, and another and another. Soon Kit trotted back to Ryu and sat down, completely exhausted. She gave the bag a 'Watch it' look and then looked back up at Ryu with a innocent face.

Ryu sighed, and walked up to the bag, and picked it up. "Kit, it's a bag..." He said, holding it up. He then walked over to a trash can, and placed the dirty bag in there. "So what if it was moving? It was probably a draft." He then walked back over to Kit. "I swear, you're starting to act like an actual Vulpix. Don't go that path. You scare me by doing that." He told her.

Species: Glaceon
Name: Crystal
Nickname: Cry/none
Personality: Sarcastic, silly, anxious, playful, tough
Likes: Singing, using her powers, friends, science, playing, writing
Dislikes: Bullies, math, ignorance, whining, waiting, people killing her vibe

She Scurried in the gym bursting the gym's doors wide open nearly crashing into a student. "I'm here!" She shouted running towards the middle of the gym. As she was pushing herself forward, she fell on the hard ground, face first. "Ugh." She groaned with her head still placed on the cold hard ground. The other students began to giggle and chuckle at her epic fail, until she silenced them with a quick growl. She jumped up and brushed herself off. She looked around looking for somebody to hang out with.

Last edited:
Then, Ryu heard the sound of doors being slammed open. He turned around, and saw a Glaceon running into the gym. She tripped, and slid on the polished hardwood floor. The 5 students that were entering started laughing at her. She got up, and started looking around. Ryu jumped down from the stage, and went up to her to greet her. "Hi, there. Don't mind the other students. It's not every day when you get to see something four-legged trip, you know?" He told her, trying to cheer her back up.

"Uh..." She gulped nervously "Yeah..." She ducked her head from anxiety and embarrassment. She threw her heavy, large backpack against the wall, relieved she could lay it down. After a long, awkward silence she started fixing her fur tuft that laid on the top of her head. She unexpectedly blurted "So uh..." but became quiet once again. She slowly opened her mouth, trying to find the words she wanted to say. "What game we playin'?"

Ryu could tell that she was a bit embarrassed at her "goof", and she was a bit shy. "So..we're playing Dodgeball today. If you want, I can help you with it since...well, you know." He offered assistance to her, trying to be a nice person to her.

"Uh..." She replied trying to fill in the awkwardness. She, after a while, gained some courage. "I know how to throw a ball, thank you." She said in a sarcastically rude way. But then, as she looked down at the ground, the horrible, the unbearable, the cruel truth finally struck her; She had paws. She looked back up at him and, in the same way she said her last remark, said "I DON'T know how to throw a ball, thank you." Sighing, she looked down, guilty about her rude statement. "Sorry I just..." She paused, thinking of an excuse. "Had a bad morning today." She looked up at him and smiled. "But uh... Can you teach me? If it wouldn't be too much trouble..."

"Yeah, I know that feeling. That moment when you wake up and realize 'Hey! I'm a Pokemon!' That moment when your life changes forever." Ryu goes deep into thought about it. "I know that feeling, and I know how to deal with it." He says, trying to cheer her up. "I'm sorry you had a bad morning, but I'm sure there's a way to make this situation better." Then, she realized that she can't throw balls. Dodge balls. "Sure, it wouldn't be any trouble...except for the trouble you have now." He said, his ears going flat against his head. "I would totally teach you how, but seeing as how you have paws now, let alone you being four-legged, sorry for bring up that burden again, I don't see how I'm supposed to teach you. I mean, unless you can somehow throw them with your tail, which I'm not even sure if that's possible or not, then I can't help you. I really am sorry." He said, frowning. "Oh, sorry for making you hate your life, too! I-I didn't mean to make you feel like that!" He said, sounding guilty.

She giggled. "It's ok. I hated my life LOOONG before I came here." She paused for a minute smiling. "Even before I became a Pokemon." Her tail wagged a bit, producing a nice cool breeze. "And no, I didn't wake up a pokemon." She faced the end of the gym, spacing out. "I've been a pokemon for a while now. 3 days solid." She put her focus back on Ryu. "I know some tricks and flips here and there." She backed up a little and patiently waited. The atmosphere around them started to get a bit chilly. She concentrated, focused on her breathing. Her fur slowly started to point out more; needle-like. After a while, all her fur was completely spiked and nearly shaped like a Jolteon (yes this can actually happen I read it on the wiki). "I don't know how this will help me at dodgeball but..." She shrugged "What do I gotta lose?" She turned her attention to the gym and noticed all the students already on the field waiting for Crystal and Ryu. "Oh! Are we starting? I hope not! C'mon lets go!" She ran to the field leaving frost and cool breezes behind her.

Ryu watched as Crystal did her little trick there. "Wow..." He stood in awe. "I haven't even learned how to do a single Pokemon move yet, but that is amazing." Then, the 5-minute warning bell rang, and a bunch more students starting filling the gym. "Yeah, I don't think that will help you. I think it might actually pop the balls, so I think you should put those away...however you would put those away." He suggested to her. The coach then walked back into the gym, coming back from the teacher's lounge to have a coffee.