• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Violet laughed "Lucky me, this one has chicken in it, hehe" Violet laughed. She stood up and decided to walk around a bit. "Hmm, where haven't we been before?" Violet questioned, looking around the building. "I wonder if they have a library or arcade" She thought, then noticed a yellow and red blob trying to fish out water bottles. "Icarus...." Violet whispered, chuckling. She walked past him, purposely stepping in his tail.

"Icarus..."

Violet walked by and stepped on his tail while he wasn't paying attention. He got scared and yipped in shock, stumbling forward and into the ice water. "Ah! What the?"

Icarus got up, and immediately started shivering. The ice water was evaporating on his body, but he was still cold... but he wasn't angry...

"Haha! I dunno how, but these bottles got stuck in my fluff! Hahaha!" He said triumphantly. He pointed to the bottles, but couldn't get them out of his fluff.

Helia awoke to find herself alone in the room. Honolulu must've gotten up early for breakfast, or to go down to the pool if she had to guess. Checking the time, Helia decided that if she were quick, she might be able to swing breakfast too. Making her way out of bed, the Braixen couldn't help but notice that she felt more well-rested than she had been a while.

"Perks of cozy blankets." She thought to herself aloud.

She sauntered with some urgency down to the main hall, and to her delight, found that she was still just in time for breakfast. Loading up her plate with chocolate croissants, breakfast potatoes, and some choice cuts of bacon, she sought out either an empty table or her Vaporeon roommate, whichever came first. However, as she went to go grab something to drink, she found another set of familiar faces instead. Icarus and Vio were at it again, with the former's fluff stuck full of water bottles, and the latter standing on his tail, Helia decided to lend a hand as she plucked one from his fur.

"Need a hand there?" She smirked.

"Heh, you c-c-could say that." Icarus responded to Helia, who had approached him, taking a water bottle from his neck fur. He was still shivering from the ice water, despite his body being a staggering 1500°F+, but now it started taking a toll on his speech.

"S-so, how ya been? You've b-been enjoying yours-s-self, hopefully." He managed to stutter through bouts of shivering.

The water on his body was evaporating, but the chunks of ice were simply melting further into water. He knew Violet meant no harm to him when she stepped on his tail, so he wasn't mad. Rather, she had unintentionally helped in his efforts to get the water bottles. He gave her a wink, and turned back to Helia, awaiting a response. Helia emitted this friendly aura, one that made Icarus less shy than he was normally. This effect stacked with the comfort of knowing Violet was there just in case things went south.

"You'd better believe it! Those beds are top notch." A dreamy look grew on Helia's face at the thought of sleeping in those blankets again, before her attention snapped back to the stuttering Flareon before her. "Y'alright there? You look like you're about to keel over shivering like that."

She continued pulling bottle after bottle out of his fur, rolling them back into the cooler. "Just like they say, a fire-type in need is a fire-type indeed, or something like tha—" Her side-eyed gaze caught on the incredulous glower of a Glameow nearby. Helia looked away, though the glaring feline didn't.

Icarus looked at Helia with a facial expression that read 'Well, duh.'

"Well, I'm n-not exactly a huge f-fan of water." He stuttered, stumbling a bit.

The water was starting to weigh him down, so instead of sitting there all cold, he did what he should've done earlier and used a modified Fire Spin on himself to dry off. Once that was over, he sighed in relief. However, that moment did not last very long. Not only was there a water bottle still in his fluff that exploded due to the water inside evaporating, which scared him, but there was also a Glameow glaring in their general direction. Whether or not the loud pop from the bottle disturbed it was beyond him, but nevertheless, Icarus was interested in this Glameow. He shook himself so the water bottle parts fell out of his fluff, and approached the Glameow... well, more like he made an effort to walk forward, but then stopped after three steps. "Uh, h-hey there," he said, stuttering now not because of the cold, "do you need anything from us?"

"Wha? I don't know what that means..."

Icarus was confused by the way this Glameow acted. It was as if she owned the place. Was she famous? He had never seen a Glameow on TV before, but then again, TV wasn't really a priority in Icarus' life. Either way, he didn't really know how to handle the situation. He nudged Helia, hoping she would take the wheel, so to speak, then slinked behind Violet for safety.

Gah, I really am a wimp! It's a Glameow, if things get hairy, I would be fine... is she famous? She acts like it... Is it rude to ask? Thoughts along those lines continuously ran rampant in his mind as he sat behind his Ninetales friend.

Naya had made her way down to the buffet, hoping for an actual breakfast. As she walked into the room, she saw the Flareon and Ninetails from before, who were also with a Braixen and Glameow. Haven't seen them around... she thought, getting a full plate of basically everything and sitting not that far from the group, wondering why Icarus seemed so afraid of the Glameow. I guess he's just like that with everyone... Naya remembered his actions when she first met him. I feel kinda bad...

"Hiya!" Helia could take a hint from Icarus, and after desperately holding back a fit of laughter at the exploding water bottle, she stepped up to the challenge of speaking to the prissy feline. She tried to be as courteous as possible, without being blatantly cliched. It was to no avail, as she had to both state and ask the go-to, obvious questions. "My buddy Icarus here can be a bit shy as you can see, so I'll just pick up where he left off. For starters, my name's Helia. Fluffy over there, like I said, is Icarus and the Ninetales is Violet, or Vio as we like to call her. What's your name?"

She shot an apologetic glance to the rightfully-peeved Lotad and Prinplup, unsure as to what kind of answer she could get from the Glameow.

Last edited:
"Yes! Bacon!" the Vaporeon grinned. She had loved bacon ever since Calypso first gave it to her to try. She probably loved bacon the way Icarus loved Mago berries (if she remembered the name right). Speaking of Icarus... She looked around and spotted the Flareon with a Glameow she didn't recognize. Who could that be? Honolulu wondered. Then she spotted Helia and Violet at a table. She smiled, picked up her plate, and walked over to them. "Hi guys. Did I miss anything interesting?" she said after setting her plate down on the table.

Thank you Helia... Icarus mouthed to really nobody, despite it being aimed at the Braixen.

Icarus looked away from the situation for a second, and saw Honolulu approaching. "Oh, hey. Y-yeah, I got ice water all over my fluff, and this Glameow showed up..." he said as he leaned closer to Honolulu's ear.

"Is she famous?" He whispered before backing up with an excessively confused look. He shrugged, then darted his eyes at the Glameow for a second to check on the situation.

Their had been whispers about Miss Meow, and now Honolulu wondered if this Glameow was the one they spoke of. "Hey Icarus, Helia, Violet." She turned to the Glameow. "Are you the Miss Meow everyone is whispering about?"

"Now what do you mean by fashion forward Missy?" Honolulu asked. "I'm sorry if I had never heard of you, but I don't hear about too much outside of anything involving Pokémon trainers." The Vaporeon figured the Glameow was famous for something, but she didn't know what. Then something clicked. "Any chance you preform in contests?" she asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much as Helia would've loved to grant Missy the praise she certainly seemed to crave, she genuinely had never seen the Glameow, much less heard of her, ever before. Sure, her old, old trainer was an artist, but the obscure hipster kind who tried way too hard to be "unique."

"Yeaaaah fashion forward or not, my trainer hates Puruglys, so I just sorta forgot that your entire evolution line existed until you reminded me just now. Sorry about that. What can I say? Living in the Kalosian ocean just feels like one big metaphor for not being quite so "up with the times," if you pick up what I'm setting down. Don't get me wrong, you're real pretty, lovin' the tail, but I've just never heard of any fashion Glameows like... ever."

"That's impressive." Honolulu admitted. "No wonder so many Pokémon are talking about you." Then she said "I have a friend who's competed in Kalos. A Liepard named Dawn. Perhaps you've competed against her? She's relatively well known." The Vaporeon then started on her bacon. Not to be rude, but she was hungry and didn't like eating cold bacon.

Judging from Missy's expression at the mention of Dawn's name, it was safe to guess that the Glameow had lost that showcase to the Liepard. But when she heard the part about that Helia would make a wonderful personal bodyguard, she nearly choked on her bacon. Helia a bodyguard? How would the Braixen respond.

Naya's eyes widened as she heard the Glameow talk. She could've sworn she'd heard that voice before... most likely at a Showcase. Or while she watched one on T.V. Yeah. How else would she know her? Finishing with her food, she waited patiently for a chance to talk to the Glameow.

The Persian straightened her flower crown with a flick of her ear, flashing an apologetic look in the direction of the group. Since she sat behind the Glameow, she couldn't have seen it. I've seen many performers like her, Naya tried to communicate through her eyes, who brag like that. Their usually not the friendliest, although I can't say anything about this one, since I've only just seen her now. It's been a while... I think.

(Same goes for me. This is my character thinking, not me. Please don't take her actions and thoughts the wrong way.)

Last edited:
All of this information was bouncing around in Icarus' brain. Showcases are not something he was entirely familiar with, but it sounded like this Glameow was in fact famous due to them. Apparently, she wanted Helia to be a... bodyguard?

"What the heck is happening? So this Glameow struts in, causes a scene, and wants you as a bodyguard? I don't understand..." he whispered to Helia. "I don't get any of this."

Icarus looked back at Violet, trying to figure out how she would respond to the whole thing. Then again, Icarus wasn't that great at reading others, so he instead went back behind her and sat down.

Honolulu saw a Persian with a flower crown sitting behind Missy. Hmm she looks nice. I wonder if she preforms too. She decided that she'd wait to see if the Persian did anything. The Vaporeon then turned to the scrambled eggs and Mago berries that took up the remaining two thirds of her plate. Since the berries weren't cooked, she started eating the scrambled eggs.

The Prinplup and Lotad looked none too pleased to have their breakfast ransacked like this, and the former hissed in contempt through their beak. Helia, sensing a situation that may or may not escalate, tried her best to appease Missy from smashing up any more tables.

"A bodyguard huh? That'd sure give me something to do, but my priorities do lie with my roommate first." She gave a friendly wave to Honolulu, making up for the fact she hadn't properly greeted her when she first arrived. When she turned back to Missy, the Prinplup and Lotad were rising from their chairs, with glowers ever present on their faces. Subtly trying to get her away from the angry duo without causing a scene, Helia spoke frantically, while still trying but failing to keep a somewhat calm tone.

"Wow uh— my crew's from Kalos too. Maybe we've sailed through in time for a contest once or twice? Maybe we've even raided a contest once or twice when we were with our old crew! Hehe... now why don't we bond over that and you can leave these fine Pokemon to their breakfasts how about?" The fellows in question walked ever closer to Helia's new protectee, and she stepped forwards in front of her in defense.

"Say, uh, do you guys like kabobs?!" Evident from their expressions, no, they did not like kabobs. Helia, removing her attempts at breaking the ice from her tone, pulled the tablecloth from their now-empty table. "You wanna get your hands on the Glameow am I right?"

They nodded in unison.

"Well that's a shame, 'cause you can't have her!" Bringing the tablecloth down like a sheet across Missy, she swept it up and to the side, and the feline in question had disappeared without a trace. She'd sure get an earful about shoving the Glameow not-so gently into her tail fluff, alongside her sticks and a number of other things, but if she were a bodyguard, her protectee's safety came first, even if it took a cheap magic trick to fulfill her new duty.

Last edited:
Naya's eyes widened even more as the Braixen shoved the Glameow into her tail. What the...? she wondered, brow furrowed in confusion. She had only heard something about a bodyguard, but Naya was pretty sure this wasn't what the Glameow had in mind. Wait. If she asked for a bodyguard... then there's no doubt she's pretty famous! Naya reasoned in her head, standing up and throwing her trash away. The Persian then walked over to the group, cocking her head to the side. "If I may ask, what exactly are you doing to that Glameow? Did she say something to you that didn't quite like?" she asked the Braixen, before looking over at Icarus and Violet and nodding a hello.

Violet raised an eyebrow at the Glameow "Alright then....it wasn't the best I've ever seen...." Violet whispered and then smiled at the Glameow, wanting to break into a fit of laughter. "Could you do a bit more of showcasing?" She asked teasingly.

Honolulu ate a Mago berry and then giggled. She turned to the Persian. "Well Missy wanted a bodyguard. I guess she got one." Helia shoving the Glameow into her tail to protect her was weird and funny all at once.

(Nicole! You need protection! Or maybe I can help you with work? Please Nicole! I'd much rather be with you! I don't need a vacation!)

But Nicole's mind was made up. "You need to relax, Luna! This'll be good for you! If I need protection, I've got Aqua and Aria with me. Don't worry Luna! It'll be fun! I'll be back in a day or two anyway! It's not like I'm leaving forever! Just have fun! Ok?" the young adult asked.

The Gardevoir shook her head.

"Oh c'mon! Stop worrying so much and just enjoy yourself for once! I've gotta get back to field work! See ya soon, Luna! Have fun!!"

Luna watched as her trainer ran off, leaving the psychic/fairy type on her own... (...Please stay safe Nicole...) she sighed before turning to the crowd of other Pokemon entering the resort. (...I can't relax...what if she's in danger? What if...ooh...she could drown, get attacked, get trapped in a shipwreck, get lost...) the more she thought about it, the more fear she felt. For the first time in her life, she was downright terrified, unaware of other curious Pokemon watching in confusion, worry, or laughing.

"A Showcase, huh?" Naya asked for confirmation, smirking, which was very out-of-character of her. "You're on. I haven't performed in a while, since I had to travel all the way to this resort. Besides, I like a good challenge. Is there someplace here for Showcases, though?" Her smirk faded, as she looked at the struggling Glameow. "I'm Naya, by the way. I believe I've watched you perform before. You are very talented, if I do say so myself."

Thankfully, the Lotad and Prinplup had lost interest by the time Missy had started yapping. Helia swished her tail lightly, getting her paws around the struggling feline as she free her from her fur, before setting her on the ground to resume her tangent of demands. A Persian stood nearby, sporting a lovely flower crown, and who'd been called out by the Glameow for a competition.

Man, what did those even consist of? Helia certainly wasn't the prettiest of her crew, that honor went to Michionne, a Froslass, but the Braixen's own vaudeville-based charm and affinity for magic tricks might make for some fun. She'd be fine with spectating, but at the same time, she wouldn't mind if Missy chose to rope her in too.

Do they have a place for showcases here? Honolulu wondered. "Well, that happened." the Vaporeon spoke up. "I have to say, I didn't see that coming." She turned to the Persian. "Oops. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Honolulu." She dipped her head in greeting.

Naya chuckled lightly, turning to the Vaporeon. "I wasn't quite expecting this, either. It's nice to meet you, Honolulu." She mimicked the head dip, before turning back to Missy. "I could ask if they have a sufficient performing room, if you'd like me to. We may need a place to practice, also."

Last edited:
Things were speeding by Icarus, and they were making him dizzy. All these events, from Helia and the Glameow, to Violet being challenged, to Honolulu and Naya. There was too much going on to focus. Stumbling as he walked, he carefully made his way to the front of Violet. His eyes were practically spinning. "Vio, I don't even understand what's happening anymore. If there a showcase going on? What just happened with that Glameow? Who is that Glameow?" He said.... er, it was more of a whine. "Can I please have a summa- what's that smell?"

Icarus had sniffed the air, and there was a scent that he instantly recognized: Mago Berries. His eyes instinctevely darted to Honolulu's plate, and lit up once more. He drooled a little, but it wasn't obvious because it evaporated the second it his his face. Even though he had already eaten, there was always room for his favorite treat. He still wanted the summary, but he wanted the Mago Berries just as much.

She noticed the way Icarus was looking at the berries on her plate. "You can have a few if you want." Honolulu smiled. "I don't mind sharing." She pushed the plate towards Icarus.

Helia turned to face a clearly-confused Icarus, his omnipresent partner in crime, Vio, and the ever-generous Honolulu, speaking with a sidemouth as to not draw attention from Missy again.

"Don't get me wrong pals, I've got no clue what's going on. S'apparently I'm gonna be a bodyguard for a while, but guarding her from what is the question? Well, besides right-minded patrons like pingu and lilypad over there." She suppressed a laugh at her own joke, pointing to the outsmarted Prinplup and Lotad as they stood at the buffet.

Icarus looked at Honolulu gratefully while grabbing two delicious Mago Berries with his mouth. He nodded at Helia, who had made a joke, and struggled not to laugh while holding food. He walked ever so carefully to Violet with a sly look on his face, and balanced one of the Mago Berries on Violet's head before eating the other. "Here ya go Vio. If you don't want it, I will gladly take it from ya." He said with a sly grin and a wink. He enjoyed messing with his friend.

Icarus looked toward Honolulu again. "Okay, so if I recall everything correctly, you guys don't know if there's a contest area. I'm sure the arena can be used. I can go- I mean... it would be wise to ask the Klefki at the front desk." He said, still not comfortable with the Klefki. "Actually, no. I'll go. Be right back!"

He ran to the front desk and asked if the arena was open for a showcase.

"He, sure it is. Just ask the Machamp who owns the arena... he's right here actually. Otto! C'mere!" The Klefki called out.

A large Machamp with silver face paint... and body paint... and boots - stomped over. "Hey, runt, you lookin' to use mah arena?"

Icarus froze. This guy was scary massive. He yelped and ran back to Violet and the others - but Otto chased him.

"Hey! What gives, squirt? You all wanna use mah arena?... Ya know what? You can. If! If and only if this Flareon here does something in it. Whatever you all want to do, he has to be involved. Got it? Good." He huffed as he stormed off. He shook his fists at the Klefki before stomping off in the direction of the arena.

"Th-th-that was a b-bad idea... sorry..." Icarus said, scared for his life and grateful once again that it didn't end there.

Luna, still lost in thought, wandered inside to even more confused, worried, and mean Pokemon staring her down. But that didn't matter. What mattered was what if Nicole didn't return? Did Luna do something wrong? Or did she... (...Nicole...trouble...danger...needs...help...!) she began to hyperventilate, unaware that she was using Psychic, levitating chairs, tables, vases, and anything/anyone nearby. (I have to get out of here!)

Poor Icarus looks scared for his life. Honolulu thought. The Machamp who owned the arena did look pretty intimidating. She'd probably react the same way. "So, what's Icarus going to do in the arena?" She asked.

"I've never r-really done a showc-case before... I-I dunno... it sounds kinda interesting..." Icarus pondered, still startled from the Machamp, until he got an idea.

"Naya!" Icarus called out, racing over to the Persian. "You can help me! Wilson was never really a showcase person, so I dunno what I'm gonna do. Vio might not, I can't speak for her, but if she needs help, then she can get help as well!"

Icarus noticed some items in the main hall start levitating. He turned to Violet with a face that read 'Is this your doing?', but then realized it wasn't her... strange...

Naya kept her sweet smile plastered on her face as Missy basically said she'd lose to her, quickly turning to Icarus when he ran over. "Sure, I can help." Her smile became genuine. "Just tell me what you want to know, and I'll teach you."

"I'd like learn too. Who knows, maybe I'll actually do alright. Though you and Missy having more experience might give you somewhat of an advantage." She turned to the Persian. "So where do we start? Information wise I mean?" She grinned.

Naya thought for a moment. "Well, usually performing involves quite a bit of dancing. Do you two know how to dance? That may be a good place to start, although turning moves into sparkles, or the like, may also be a good starting point, too, since sparkle explosions are normal for Showcases..." She laughed at how she worded it, not knowing how the phenomenon could be explained.

"Dancing? I never have..." he said, slowly turning to Vio. "That does sound like fun, though." He smirked at his friend before turning back to Nala and Honolulu.

"And what's this about turning moves into sparkles? I can do Swift... I think... but sparkles?"

He tilted his head in confusion, and by doing so managed to spot a Gardevoir. He waved to it, but shyed away almost instantly afterwards. I wonder if the Gardevoir noticed... he thought.

Luna payed no attention to anyone as she continued her search for any means of escape. A worried expression on her face made it clear that something was wrong but she just wouldn't sit still to chat. "....Must escape....must escape....must escape...." she finally spoke even though it was directed to herself.