• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Icarus shook his head, slowly realizing that he snapped for no reason. Then it hit him that, well, he got hit. Hard. With a yelp, he fell down to the ground. His mind put some pieces together, and figured out that a Clefable had punched him in the back. He recalled someone else hitting the Clefable... and then realized it was Naya. naya was a performer, not a battler!

He attempted to get up, but failed. He tried again, but failed once more. This repeated over and over, but Icarus wasn't going to give up. He wanted to get to Naya to apologize. He wanted to get to Violet to apologize. He wanted to apologize to everyone, but he struggled to get up. HP and Defense were not Icarus' highest stats, so the damage done here was bad to him. He tried once more to get up, but when he failed, he stopped. "I-I'm s-sorry..." he grunted.

"It's okay Icarus." Honolulu told the Flareon. She turned to Luna "Kabobs are kinda hard for me to explain, but Helia's are really good. She smiled at the Gardevoir and then returned her attention to Flicker, Toli, and Icarus.

"I feel like I messed up..." Icarus grunted.

Nurse Abigail came sprinting to Honolulu, Icarus, and the rest holding a potion. "Woah, Icarus, the Clefable told me what exactly happened. Are you okay? Is your pre-"

Icarus coughed violently and shook his head before the nurse could continue speaking. She simply shrugged it off and healed him before heading to Naya. "Hey, you, Persian. Don't worry, you aren't in trouble. Just here to tell ya to take it easy, kay? You only attacked out of panic, so don't beat yourself up." She said, stepping out of the way of the Glameow and back to the front desk.

Icarus, face completely red, darted his eyes from Violet to Naya to Honolulu to Luna and back again. I have to tell that nurse to not spill that secret. Before this happens again. Icarus thought to himself, having another mini panic attack.

"I think breakfast is still going on." Toli told Luna. "I'll go with you. I haven't had breakfast yet." Then they headed for the line. Flicker and Honolulu gave Icarus a confused look. What was the nurse going to say before Icarus cut her short wondered the Vaporeon.

Icarus ran to Violet in a frenzy, tripping over himself at the end. The first thing he noticed was that her Mago Berry was gone, which made him happy, but disappointed that he didn't get to eat it. The second thing is that the secret that was between her, him, and the staff almost got revealed to everyone in the main hall. After getting up, he kneeled and bowed right in front of her apologetically befire standing up. I should not have done that. Not in public areas. She's gonna kill me! Icarus thought, probably looking foolish after spontaneously bowing... after shushing a nurse in the middle of her asking him a question... after causing a scene...

"Vio. This is why. This is why I get shy around other Pokemon. These things happen." Icarus whispered to his Ninetales companion.

He trudged awkwardly over to Luna and gave her an apologetic look once again, this time with blush still lingering on his face. "S-sorry for this. I-I'll just go." He said, stuttering his signature stutter.

Flicker stared at Icarus, probably wondering what the Flareon was doing. "Well," Honolulu said. "I guess I'll go tell Spectre the message for the Braviary to send to the Pelipper and the two Wingulls." She walked up to the Mismagius and told him the message. After she finished he nodded and went through the wall to give the message to the Braviary outside. She then returned to the group. "No you didn't do anything wrong. We both hadn't eaten, so I thought we'd get breakfast." Toli answered Luna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna nodded. Her trainer wasn't here to feed her so... But what if the food tasted bad? Then she wouldn't have anything to eat. What did they have here anyway? She was about to find out apparently... "So...what do they have here? What is there to do? And...what's your name again? I'm sorry, I'm not very good at being social...I don't even use my voice much...." she sweatdropped, embarrassed.

"It's Toli." the Raichu replied. "And from the looks of it there's a bunch of berries, including Magos, bacon, scrabbled eggs, and a whole bunch of other stuff." He turned to Luna. "It's a buffet type deal, so you can pick out what you want." Meanwhile Honolulu looked from Flicker to Icarus to Violet to Flicker again in confusion. "Okay, what in Thor's name is going on?" she asked. The female Pyroar shugged, looking as confused as Honolulu.

Helia herself was lost at the situation. There was a Pelipper, a couple of Wingulls, and a Braviary in there somewhere..? She was lost, and seeing how she wasn't contributing much besides scaring this poor Gardevoir any more, she shied back and away, her long awaited breakfast in tow as she let Honolulu handle it. If they needed her, she'd be there, just sipping on some water and munching away at a croissant as she did so. Man, with all the feely-feelings getting thrown around, Helia felt a bit awkward, and thoroughly without input.

The trainer talk made her think of home. Marcel and the crew were no doubt fine without her, but of course, their life wasn't quite so pirate-esque these days. After they had split from their old group, petty raids were a thing of the past, which happened from the moment Marcel insisted they be benevolent. Helia was sure that they were off feasting at some festival, or playing chicken with sailboats, et cetera, et cetera. Shenanigans were all well and good, but this was her week to relax. Or, with the equally-hectic new friends Helia had found herself surrounded in, relax as much as a rambunctious pirate can.

Spectre came up to Flicker and Honolulu. "He got the message and went to alert the Pelipper and the two Wingulls." he told Honolulu. "Thank you." Honolulu said. She turned to Flicker. "Flicker, this is Spectre. Spectre, this is Flicker." "Nice to meet you Spectre." the Pyroar dipped her head in greeting. "Same to you." the Mismagius replied.

Luna nodded. "...It's been a while since I've had any berries..." she recalled. The last time was as a wild Ralts back in Verde Bosque City's Park. In fact...what were her favorite berries? She knew it was something green...Lum? Wacan? Watemel? Or maybe it was...pink? Pecha? Kasib?

"So, now what?" Honolulu said what the three of them had been thinking. The Pyroar turned to Icarus. "I'm guessing you stutter and blush a lot around strangers. I think that's kind of cute. The sparkles were pretty impressive, even if they didn't help or hurt the situation." She dipped her head in greeting. "My name's Flicker. It's nice to meet you." Meanwhile Toli lead Luna to the buffet line. He filled his plate with sausages, Mago berries, and scrambled eggs. He turned to Luna. "Once you figure out what you want for breakfast, would you like to eat breakfast with me? Since you don't know too many Pokémon." the Raichu offered.

Naya was stuck whipping her head from one Pokemon to another once again, as an Audino, seemingly a nurse, told her not to worry about attacking the Clefable, that she had only attacked out of panic. Not really sure what to say, she merely nodded, continuing to drink her milk. That is, until Missy took it from her and began talking about the Showcase. Due to all the guilt she still felt from her accident, the Persian didn't put up any fight, she just got up and got herself another bowl of milk. After taking a few more laps at the drink, she finally spoke.

"There's probably some place nearby where we can get our outfits... Lighting will already be in the performing room... probably... And an audience...?... We could put up fliers..."

She was starting to feel a bit better. Talking about something so familiar seemed to be helping her, but she wasn't fully back to normal yet.

Her flower crown still sat on the floor. Naya refused to look back at it. She felt she'd be reminded of what had happened a few minutes ago, so she kept her head turned the other way, facing the group, her eyes locked on her milk.

"No, it was me." Icarus responded to the confused Luna.

Icarus went over to the Mago Berries, bit rather than grabbing one, he simply looked at them. Then out of nowhere, he ran directly towards his room. He jumped straight onto the bed and hid under the blankets. I'm so stupid! I can't believe myself. That's what I get. That's exactly what I get when I try going outside into a public area where others are. I'm so stupid! Icarus thought as he pulled the covers even further over himself. Out of frustration, he yelled into a pillow. I'm stuck participating in a showcase, I just scared a Gardevoir, I probably made no sense, I left Vio there when I ran, I just- ugh! He thought after his yelling was done.

"I'm still confused." Flicker admitted to Honolulu. "About pretty much everything that just happened. And there's going to be a Showcase?" "Yes," replied Honolulu. "And I'm going to be in it. See those two," Honolulu gestured with her head towards Naya and Missy. "are Pokémon performers. They're going to be in it too. Of course there's some stuff that needs to be set up and taken care of. And Icarus and I have to learn about Pokémon performing, since neither of us know anything about it." Honolulu finished. Flicker nodded.

Luna nodded before trying to decide what to eat. "Don't they have any...." she gasped as her eyes caught sight of something tasty at the end of the buffet. A Pokepuff and the last on apparently. And it was minty green. "Pokepuff!" she exclaimed before floating over, mere feet away, only to see another Pokemon swoop in and grab it. Excitement turned into disappointment for the poor Gardevoir...

"Ooh. That's too bad." Toli said to Luna. "Those go pretty fast at times. There were five before. If I knew, I would've grabbed one for you." he smiled at the disappointed Gardevoir. At the same time, the group stared in the direction Icarus had gone. "Should I go check on him?" Spectre asked Honolulu. "No, there's a chance you might scare him. Besides, he might need some time alone for a while." Honolulu answered.

Icarus talked to himself, trying to calm down, but nothing worked. It just got him more excited, more anxious. Earlier, he had looked directly at a plate of Mago Berries, and completely ignored it. He knew he needed someone, because normally that plate would've been gone in a second. He wasn't going to get through this on his own, but who would actually help him?

Nobody. You messed up on your own, you fix it on your own. This was your doing. You idiot. I can't believe how stupid you are. What's wrong with you?... What's wrong with me?... Why is this happening?... What did I do wrong?... What do I do?

Things like this coarsed through Icarus' mind, refusing to leave him be. He shook under the covers, his body doing whatever it could to expel these thoughts... to no avail.

Last edited:
Caught up in the beck and call of her protectee, Helia hadn't noticed the newfound absence of Icarus, and rather scarfed down the rest of her plate before running off to join Missy and Naya.

"Helia O'Bithell of Silvikitte ex-Silvikitte at your service," she paused to catch her breath after the brief run, before continuing her tangent. "To what do I owe this visit?"

Icarus' body decided it was best to move around some rather than stay still. His mind no longer had a say in things. It seemed at this point his mind was dedicated to making him feel worse, and it was working. He flopped out of bed, shivering, and oaced around his room. Thank Arceus for fireproofing, else the room would've been a blazing mess of ashes and embers. Icarus himself almost found himself panting from the heat... or from exhaustion. Things were not getting better for the Flareon.

His mind hand't realized that his body walked out of his room and down the hall. He must've passed by the group once or twice... quite possibly several more times. With every loop around, he got slower, but he grew more panicked. Something happened to him, and now he couldn't do anything but walk and worry, worry and walk.

"Alright. If you need anything let me know." Toli told Luna. He picked an abandoned table and started eating his breakfast. Meanwhile Honolulu, Flicker and Spectre were walking through a hall when Flicker suddenly crashed into Icarus. "I am so sorry." the Pyroar apologized.

Crash!

Icarus and the Pyroar from beforre crashed into eachother, the latter apologizing, the former simply falling backwards.

Say something, say something, apologize... No! You'll make things worse by speaking!... No I won't, I need to apologize... You can't! You'll look stupid, and you don't want that!

Icarus was at war with himself in his own mind. His corporeal self simply sat still, gazing blankly in the direction of Honolulu's posse. His eyes didn't blink. His ears didn't twitch. He just sat completely still. After a few seconds, his mouth moved a bit, and noises came out. "I... n... a... h... g..."

Let me speak!... No! You'll make things worse!... I just want to be left alone!... Yeah, be alone, you screwed up, you're nothing!... Please, someone!... Nobody can hear you...

"Puh-... please... someone..." He muttered, still dazed, as he sat still on the ground in front of a most likely wildly confused group of Pokemon.

Icarus fell backwards and couldn't seem to be able to form words, let alone sentences. All three Pokémon were concerned. "Are you okay?" Honolulu, Flicker, and Spectre asked Icarus in unison.

See, look, you speak for a second and it just concerns them. Give up... I can't, I won't!... Argh, just stop it!... I want to speak! Help!... Nobody will help you, you've gone too far!... Please, somebody... Stop it! No!

Icarus' emotionless eyes suddenly filled with tears as his ears drooped. He was starting to break through. "N-n... not... o-oka-ay..." Icarus tried to say through the mental wall he had accidentally established minutes earlier.

No no no! Stop it! I won't lose contro-

Icarus finally broke free of the shackles that held him hostage within his own mind. The Pokemon in front of him were worried, concerned for his well being. With that, he broke. He fell onto the ground and cried like a baby. "Take me to *sniff* V-Vio, please." He said, struggling much less than before.

"Alright." Honolulu said. She turned to Flicker. "Would you..." she gestured towards Icarus. Flicker nodded and gently picked up Icarus by the nape of his neck like a cub. Spectre lead the way to Violet with Honolulu, Flicker and Icarus close behind him. They found Violet, and Flicker gently set Icarus down in front of Violet.

Luna said nothing as she looked around, unsure of what to do next. Should she continue her escape plans? Should she try to make friends? Should she just have fun by herself? What to do? "..." she sighed.

"V-vio... I almost messed up big time."

Icarus got up after being cub carried by the Pyroar, and immediately pulled Violet into a hug. He cried into her fur, and even though he probably looked kind of stupid in other Pokemon's eyes, he really didn't care. He was stressed, and he basically just lost his mind, and he needed someone to be there. He pulled her tighter, being careful not to crush her or suffocate her in his neck fluff. "I really am sorry, even if it wasn't even my fault. Can we just go back to doing what we were doing earlier? I can't even remember what it was." He whispered, his sadness evident in his voice.

His crying eventually stopped, but his emotional state was in shambles. Icarus kept a dam of emotions, and when that dam broke, it took him away from himself, made him lose his own mind. If there was anyone he needed soothing from, it was his best friend, Violet. "I'm sorry for being all emotional, and now your fur is kinda wet... sorry." He apologized.

Naya recovered more and more with every second the upcoming Showcase was on her mind. Once the bowl of milk she drank from was emptied, she put the bowl away and mustered up the courage to glance back at her flower crown. Guilt flooded back to her brain before she could stop it, so she tried to think back to the Showcase. "Fliers..." she muttered. "I could make those... Yeah... That's what I'll do!" Suddenly, the Persian sprang up and bolted for the door. "I have to find a computer, or something I can use!" She looked back at the group and saw that Icarus had returned, but he was feeling even guiltier than she had. Brow furrowed and ears drooping in sorrow, Naya accidentally caught the sight of her flower crown again, out of the corner of her eye. She blinked hard once, twice, thrice, before turning and running out of the room.

"Computer... First, I need a design." Naya found a piece of paper and a pencil and quickly wound up back with the group, struggling to think of a layout for the fliers. "I said I'd do this why, exactly?"

She had chosen a seat at a table that faced her toward her crown. Smiling, she raced up to it, reinvigorated, and placed it on her head, relishing in its touch. It reminded her of each Showcase she had competed in, not her little 'mistake' anymore, thankfully. The Showcase took over her mind as she tried to think of a design. "Missy! What do you think the fliers should look like?"

Last edited:
Violet smiled softly and hugged Icarus tightly. "It's alright, you don't need to worry about my fur, what I'm concerned about is what actually happened? Why are you crying?" She asked calmly, running her nose over one of Icarus' ears like how she did when she had to calm him down after his terrible nightmare.

Violet shifted a bit and glared at nothing in particular before shifting her gaze to something red and yellow that almost gave her a heart attack: Icarus. "Alright, so, you went to get water and that's when all this shenanigans happened" Violet whispered, totally uninterested with any other Pokèmon that were watching.

Flicker sniffled. Honolulu looked at the Pyroar. "Are you going to start crying too?" the Vaporeon asked. "Because if you start crying, I'm probably going to start crying with you." Flicker looked at Honolulu. "Sorry, this reminds me of my trainer's little sister. Sometimes she would cry into my fur." the Pyroar replied.

"I tried to distract the Gardevoir's attention to me, and I hoped the sparkles would calm her down, but they didn't, and they just made things worse," Icarus explained to Violet, "and when I tried to make things better, a Clefable Meteor Mashed me in the back, and I made everyone worry, and I'm s-so sorry!..."

He leaned in closer to Violet so nobody else could hear what he was about to say. "And the nurse almost revealed that you were pregnant everyone, and it was my fault." He whispered, shielding his mouth with his neck fur so nobody could read his lips.

Icarus almost immediately felt a lot better after explaining everything to Violet. She was comforting him, and he was just unleashing his locked up sadness to her. The best part for him was the fact that she cared, and listened intently. Icarus shifted in his own fluff as Violet kept stroking his ear. In fact, he purred from enjoyment once or twice. A blush tried to make it's way onto his face, but he didn't really mind. He just wanted to calm down and feel better, and Violet was doing a great job at helping.

Naya smiled, glad to have her mind off of the attack and to know that Missy wasn't as bad as most performers she'd met, since she was afraid this case might be different when she had first seen the Glameow. She watched her pose dramatically, picking a pose she deemed best for the flier and sketching it out. "This should be fine. I can design a first draft now, and use a computer to make the final. With your celebrity status, we should be able to reel quite a few Pokemon in. Maybe we could get a picture of all the performers...? That sounds pretty pizzazz-y. Speaking of pizzazz, that glitter will definitely come in handy!" The Persian drew light sketches of all the performers, willing or not, on the paper, managing to catch some glitter from midair and sprinkle it on the draft, to get a feel for what the final might look like. "How's this?"

Hearing less and less from the group behind her, Naya turned to see that a Pyroar was growing teary-eyed from watching Icarus. Let's hope everyone walks out of this room happy, she thought, hoping no more tears would fall from anyone. This resort was supposed to be a place of relaxation, right?

Icarus looked back at Honolulu's group and noticed that the Pyroar was on the verge of crying herself. This made him stop crying in an effort to stop her from crying further. Still, he was enjoying being calmed down by Violet. "Thanks a bunch Vio. I needed this." He muttered to her.

"Heh, get a room, you two..." the Klefki from the front desk said, rather loud, as he floated over to everyone.

Immediately, Icarus sped backwards with the blush on his face growing exponentially. The Klefki and Otto the Machamp came closer to them, the latter of the two looking slightly peeved. Otto sat down and hunched over to be at Icarus' level as he spoke. "So, Flareon. My beautiful arena is now a stage. Great. Anywho, how goes the preparations? I'm pretty sure in a Showcase or Contest or whatever-this-even-is, there needs to be costumes, dancing, and the only thing I'm decently interested in, explosions!"

"Otto. The explosions aren't actually explosions. Icarus demonstrated it earlier. It's just sparkles and what not." the Klefki responded to the strangely talkative Machamp, who quite literally facepalmed with all four of his hands.

"Whatever. The point is, if you need help with anything, there are a few of the staff members who are fans of this stuff. If you find a Servine named Bella, talk to her and she can make costumes. She knows a Leavanny who's really good at it, and can have stuff made for you. Tell Bella I spoke to you if she asks." Otto spoke as he waved goodbye to everyone. He walked out of the resort's main building, the Klefki following shortly behind.

A Servine named Bella... hm... Icarus thought as he scanned the room. He saw a couple of Serperiors, a Dewott, a Florges... aha! Icarus had spotted three Servines, one with a pink ribbon on her tail, chatting and walking towards Naya. Rushing over to Naya momentarily, he stood close to her ear. "Hey. If one of those Servines is named Bella, ask her for the showcase costumes. Tell her Otto told you about her. Don't ask questions, bye!" He whispered, glancing at the Servines before dashing back to Violet and resting his head on her back.

Violet laughed slightly "I was gonna tell them sooner or later! So really, you may shout out into oblivion right now" She said calmly. Violet yawned some and then slanted her ear slightly out of boredom. Violet turned to look at Icarus, who was beautifully resting his head on her back, without a care in the world. 'Strange, he never does this' Violet thought.

The Persian's ear drew back to listen to what Icarus had told her more intently, and she glanced at the group of Servines in question. Naya nodded as Icarus ran back to his spot with Violet, and she internally squealed. They'd make such a cute couple, now that I look at them closer!

She got up, allowing Missy, and anyone who cared to, really, to look over her drawing, and turned to face the group, who had walked over. "Hello there. Is one of your names Bella, by any chance? A Machamp named Otto has told me about your ability to make Showcase costumes. You may be needed here, since we're planning a Showcase at the moment. Will you help us, please?" She then turned and gestured towards all the future performers, introducing them as she did so. "I'm Naya, and this is Miss Meow, Violet, Icarus, Honolulu, and Helia." She took note of the bow on the tail of the center Servine.

Naya remembered the Machamp, and how he had forced Icarus to be a part of the Showcase. To be a part of... she thought about this. That doesn't necessarily mean he has to compete, does it...? He could just work behind the scenes... If he wants to.

Last edited: