• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
"Well, if you make a Swift star collide with another Swift star, they blow up into a mass of sparkles. Combining different moves could also have the same effect. Don't ask how the sparkles happen after the explosion, though. Not even I could explain that." Naya chuckled after her explanation. Words didn't seem to be in her favor today.

She noticed Icarus give a small wave to someone, so she turned to see a Gardevoir. Her smile grew slightly at the gesture, and she nodded at the newcomer in greeting, even though she didn't notice.

"The occasional solstice shindig back home forced me to don my dancing shoes every now and again, but making glitter explode sounds perfect for me." Helia nodded matter-of-factly, opening one eye to the sight of the Gardevoir. Tables and chairs clattered nearby, but it initially seemed on par with the common mealtime scuffle. Following the intense look of the muttering psychic type, she wondered if there was any connection.

"Hiya..." she offered in greeting, trailing off at the end.

"I don't know about the whole sparkles thing, but I do know how to dance a little." Honolulu said. She glanced at the worried looking Gardevoir. She reminded her of an overprotective worrisome Arcanine she had once met. I hope she'll be okay thought the Vaporeon.

"Maybe you guys can teach us... or just me how to dance!" Icarus said, slightly embarrassed.

Dancing? Really? Oh boy, it was gonna be a long... however much time there was before the showcase. Okay, so the exploding is something I can figure out... but dancing?! Icarus thought as he started to hyperventilate. He shook himself to calm down, and took a deep breath. "All I know is that when you dance, music is involved... and most often, partners..."

With the last part, he shuddered. Partner almost everything scared him, but if he were to not fail in the eyes of everyone involved, he would have to do this. For them...

"Not every dance involves partners Icarus. So you can calm down. Would it help if I used Water Gun on you?" Honolulu was concerned. Apparently the whole partner thing scared him. A Raichu approached. "Is he okay?" he asked, looking at the Flareon.

Luna was suddenly apprehended by a Pokemon who had seen enough and decided to get this Gardevoir to calm down. Unfortunately, they were met with a powerful Psychic attack, thrown clear across the room. "Who else dares to harm me and my trainer?!" she questioned, looking around. Her sense of control was gone. All she could think about was to fight and get back to Nicole.

"Uh oh." Honolulu turned to the Raichu. "I might need backup just in case this doesn't work." The Raichu nodded. Then she fired a Water Gun at the Gardevoir. Then the Vaporeon slowly approached. "It's okay. Your trainer is alright."

"Water Gun?! Flashbacks!"

Icarus ducked his head in fear. He remebered the last time a Vaporeon used a move on him... it hurt. A lot... I wonder where that Metagross and Swampy went, he thought as he cowered like a coward. Cautiously, he looked up and saw Honolulu, a Raichu, and the Gardevoir from previously. Honolulu had just launched a Water Gun at the Gardevoir. Against his better judgement, he ran over to them, careful to stay out of the line of fire. "What is happening here? Can't we just calm down?" He yelled, his words directed at both sides of the rumble.

He wanted not to participate, but he wanted to stop a fight from escalating. On one side was a Vaporeon, a water type, and a Raichu, an electric type. The other side had a Gardevoir, a psychic type. He didn't want to be on either side. Calming the two sides down was all he wanted.

He used a Fire Spin in the middle of the two, and then used Swift on it. The stars swirled around the tornado of fire before exploding in a brilliant flurry of sparkles. "So that's what Naya meant..." Icarus muttered to himself, hoping that the display calmed both sides down, or at the very least redirected their attention to him.

The situation was serious, Helia knew, but she still couldn't hold back a hearty fit of triumphant laughs as sparkles rained down at Icarus's beck and call. She'd have to learn how to do that, even if she couldn't learn swift.

"That. Was. Great!" She choked out between sobs of laughter. Helia knew Icarus was sensitive about this kind of thing, and she attempted to calm herself, reassuring the Flareon that she was laughing with him and not at him.

"What the..." the Raichu came abruptly to a stop. Honolulu stopped her slow approach. "What's going on?" she asked. "I'm trying to calm her down not make it worse. She's obviously worried about her trainer. I've seen other Pokémon behave similarly."

Violet smiled and rolled the berry onto the tip of her nose and then ate it after throwing it up into the air. 'I know how to dance and how to make sparkles, hehe, Icarus....Honolulu was just trying to calm the Gardevoir down and now you come in with a rainbow of sparkles' She thought with a bright smile.

Violet stood up and made her way to Helia and then also burst out into laughter. Once Violet calmed down, she smiled at Helia "Hey, sorry about the first time we met, I didn't mean to cause so much trouble" Violet apologised.

"Oh no no, by all means, everyone's bound for some ups and downs, and no one could blame you for having your down. I would've come to help fish you out if I knew what was going on at the time, though admittedly I still kinda don't." Helia leaned in, whispering to Vio as if she were telling her some big secret. "Hey hey, when all's said and done, it was an excuse for me to make some more kabobs. Plus, if it weren't for what happened, I wouldn't have met Honolulu, and I might've just had to sleep in a sauna. Glad to see you're well and mighty as always now, and we can bond over Icarus's little sparkle fest here."

Violet smiled and nodded, then looked at Icarus. "I'll tell you and Honolulu a secret when I get the time, for now-" Violet paused and then roared with laughter, collapsing onto the ground with tears streaming down her face. "S-So B-Beutiful Icarus!" Violet cried out in between laughter.

As a fight broke out in front of her, Naya did the only rational thing: throw her flower crown onto the floor and shield it with her body, covering the top of her head with her fairly large paws. She looked up as a twinkle could be heard and saw a massive flurry of sparkles in the midst of the fight. When this happened, she sat up, flower crown back on her head, and turned to the sparkles' creator: Icarus. "Whoa..." she began, smile growing tenfold. "That was amazing! And without even trying! Nice job, Icarus!" Her tail swayed from side to side in happiness. "I'm sure performing will come easy to you!" She chuckled at the display, beside herself that this lesson was only just explained in minute detail, proud of the Flareon.

Icarus recieved a great deal of praise after that combo attack that was followed up by an explosion of sparkles... except maybe that wasn't supposed to be his course of action in this situation. Honolulu was just trying to calm the Gardevoir down, but Icarus' glitter explosion might've made things worse...

"I-I... oops..." Icarus said, his ears drooping.

He understood the praise he was getting, but that wasn't what was needed. Skittishly, he backed up behind Violet, who was having a fit of laughter. "Vio, you g-good?" He whispered, both filled with conflicting pride and sadness, and trying not to join her laughing without knowing what exactly she was laughing at... though Icarus felt that it wouldn't have been hard to guess.

Honolulu turned to the Raichu. "Are you okay?" She was impressed with Icarus's sparkles like everybody else, but she wanted to be sure he was okay. "I'm alright." the Raichu responded. "Though the sparkles were pretty impressive." he nodded at Icarus. "Though I don't know if he made things better or worse."

Naya heard a Raichu, who spoke to Honolulu, say something about the sparkles making things better or worse. She flattened her ears as she realized why Icarus had shrunk back at the praise, turning to the Gardevoir, wondering what might come of this.

Despite the light show and reassurance, Luna wasn't going to calm down so easily. In a blind rage, she levitated the Vaporeon, glaring. "I'M NOT GOING TO BE FOOLED! You will leave my trainer alone!! I'll sacrifice my own..." then she realized who this Pokemon was...or rather wasn't. "...A-Aqua??"

"Um, I'm not Aqua, but you haven't thrown me across the room yet. So I guess that's a start. Your not the first overprotective worrier I've met and you probably won't be the last." Honolulu responded. She glanced at the awestruck Raichu. "The first was an Arcanine, and he was setting things and Pokémon on fire." the Vaporeon spoke gently to the Gardevoir.

Luna finally came to and noticed all the damage she had caused. "...Oh...Oh no...I-I'm sorry...I'm just worried about...NICOLE! She needs me! I have to get out of here! I must be by her side!" she began to panic again, looking around frantically as she dropped the Vaporeon.

Honolulu dropped to the ground. "So, how did you deal with the overprotective worrier Arcanine?" the Raichu asked. "I asked him if he knew where his trainer went and after he answered I contacted two of my bird Pokémon friends from Kanto. One to watch the trainer, and the other to report back if anything bad happened to his trainer." she answered. The Raichu nodded. "Makes sense to me." he said.

Luna ignored the conversation as she continued to look around in a panic. "Oh...Where do I go? Where do I go? Nicole! Where??" she began to wander off only to be stopped by other Pokemon while she was more worrisome than angry. "NO! Please! I have to get back to Nicole! Let me go!!" she demanded.

"Maybe you should offer that to her." the Raichu suggested. "Maybe I will." Honolulu replied. "Only thing is, does she know where her trainer went?" The Vaporeon turned to the Raichu, who shrugged in response. "So much for not worrying about her trainer though." she thought out loud.

Honolulu approached Luna again, followed by the equally concerned Raichu. "It's alright sweetie. I'm sure your trainer is safe." She turned to the Raichu. "We're alright for the moment, could you see if the others are alright?" She gestured to Icarus and the rest of the group. The Raichu nodded and headed in Icarus's direction while Honolulu attempted to soothe the worried Gardevoir.

Luna was still worried but not enough to panic due to the Sweet Scent. "...N-No. You don't understand...she does a lot of field work out in the ocean and she tends to find herself in some tight situations...I can't relax...I don't need a vacation! I don't know why she sent me here when she's out there somewhere...probably in danger or trapped in a shipwreck or...I have to get out! I can't be here!" she argued, breathing heavily.

Icarus watched the Gardevoir as a pink gas enveloped her. Had to be Sweet Scent.

He felt kind of bad. Had he not made the shower of sparkles, the Gardevoir could've been calmed down. Everything could've been fixed. While it was spectacular, it made things worse. That, or at the very least nothing happened. He did this. Things could have gone a lot better had he not done anything.

"This was my fault, it could've been avoided, I messed up, I did this, I just wanted to help, I'm so sorry..."

Phrases like these kept flowing from Icarus' mouth, almost like chanting. He lightly shivered as he realized that the Gardevoir just missed her trainer, and he could've helped calm her down rather than startle her with the sparkles and explosions. He fought back tears, trying to refrain from looking even more infantile. He sat down and hung his head, still repeating those phrases, and didn't even notice that a Raichu was making his way to him.

"If you can tell me where she went, I can contact a pair of Wingulls. One can keep watch over her and the other can report back if anything bad happens." Honolulu told the worried Gardevoir. "Thankfully it's not mating season or anything, so I'm sure they'll be free and able to do it. As long as there's a place to get food nearby, I'm sure they'll be fine with it" she glanced at the Raichu who was now close enough to here Icarus blaming himself. "It's not your fault. You didn't know." the Raichu told the Flareon.

Luna felt a little better. "Well...she's out doing field work somewhere...She has brown hair, blue eyes, a blue top, dark blue pants that end almost immediately, and pale brown shoes...something like that..." she recalled. "OH! And there's a Vaporeon, Aqua! She's always out of her ball and always by Nicole's side!"

Don't listen to him. You did this. This is your fault. All of this could've been avoided...

No!

Icarus snapped out of the trance that he was in and started to calm down. The Raichu was right, he had no idea. He nodded in thanks to the Raichu, then walked over to the Gardevoir and Honolulu.

"I'm so sorry. I had no clue that what I did wouldn't have helped. Is there anything I can do to make up for it?" He apologized, his voice bringing to light his struggle to lock away his negative emotions. It sounded like he was a simple second away from the dam in his eyes bursting, but he was doing a decent job of restraining himself so far. Icarus turned to the Gardevoir with an apologetic look before his gaze returned to Honolulu. "I want to do something to make up for this. Else the guilt might eat me alive... hehe..."

"Well, alright." she told Icarus. Then she turned to the Gardevoir "That's very helpful information." Honolulu said "I'll send one of my Pelipper friends out to look for her and once he finds her he'll contact the Wingull that will watch over her to let him know where she is. Is that okay with you sweetie?" she gently asked the Gardevoir. The Raichu signaled to a nearby female Pyroar. "Hey Flicker, over here!" He smiled and waved at her. Flicker turned, smiled at the Raichu, and then approached.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm Honolulu. I'm glad to help you Luna." Honolulu smiled. Then she turned to see the Raichu from earlier and a female Pyroar she didn't recognize approaching. She turned to the Raichu. "Thank you for your help. I never got your name though." "My name's Toli." he replied. He gestured to the female Pyroar. "And this is my teammate Flicker." Toli, Honolulu thought. Could it be the same Raichu? "I think we've met before Toli. In Cerulean City, back when I was a nameless Eevee." Toli's face lit up. "That was you?" he asked. "That was me." the Vaporeon replied.

"N-nothing? Nothing at all? A-are you s-sure?"

The guilt started to build up. Even if it really wasn't his fault, Icarus had to do something. He had to help in some way. He turned to Luna and asked her, probably in a more panicked way that what he wanted. "C'mon, I have to do something to make up for what I did. Please! Is there anything I can do?!"

Icarus was panting, he was so active. He absolutely had to help in some way, and if Honolulu didn't need anything, then maybe Luna had something for him to do... even though Honolulu had said that he could do something.

A Clefable had been watching Icarus' little freak out and went to pat his shoulder to calm him down. Unfortunately, Icarus was really hot, hotter than normal even. This scared the Clefable and caused it to hit him using Meteor Mash on the back and run away. It had to have done some damage... but Icarus didn't even flinch. It was entirely possible at this point that he may have lost it.

Luna took a deep breath and calmed herself before looking around, seeing the resort in a different way. "...A Pokemon resort? I never imagined humans could build such..." But she was interrupted by a rather distraught fire type now inches in front of her face. "Please! Calm down! I don't want to turn on you too!" she warned.

Flicker walked over to the Flareon and started soothingly licking his forehead. She paused for a moment and said "Calm down little one." before continuing to lick Icarus's face in an attempt to calm the Flareon. Toli turned to Honolulu. "Does this happen often with him?" "I don't think so." Honolulu replied.

Luna turned to face the small cat-like Pokemon. "Huh? Oh well...Yes...I'm very protective of her. We Gardevoir are like that but I guess I have it worse ever since...the field trip..." she sighed. "And what are you? I don't think I've ever seen a Pokemon like you..."

The incident had seemingly turned Icarus into a stuttering mess, and Helia was sure that a Clefable socking him in the back hadn't helped. Honolulu worked on comforting Icarus, while the Braixen put her best foot forward as she approached the Gardevoir, who also looked a little freaked out.

"Luna was it? Little Miss Meow right here is a Glameow, and Icarus gets a little... nervous sometimes, but my roomie over there has got it all under control. Sorry to see you so distressed, bein' separated from your trainer is a rough time, but like I said, Honolulu's got everything under control now." She was quickly running out of things to say, so naturally, she brought it back to square one. "Say, uh, do you like kabobs?"

Naya had no idea where to turn while these events unfolded in front of her. She seemed to find herself glaring at the Clefable more and more as Honolulu comforted the attacked Icarus. That Meteor Mash definitely hadn't helped anything, in fact, it had only made things worse. Without knowing exactly what she was doing, Naya turned to face the fleeing Clefable, a low growl emanating from her throat, before she charged at it at full speed, hitting it square in the back, like it had done to Icarus, with an Assurance. The Clefable fell flat on its face, quickly stood, looked back at Naya, and then ran as fast as it could away from its attacker. Naya just watched it run. She sat on the floor as she watched, ears suddenly drooping, flower crown falling off of her head. "Wha... What did I just do...?" she asked nobody in particular, glancing back at the group guiltily. "I-I've never attacked anyone before, not like that..." Why did she feel so empty inside? What's gotten into her?

"I'm s-sorry..."

The last thing this group needed was this, so she walked over to the buffet, tail dragging on the floor, and got herself a bowl of milk, in an attempt to calm herself down. She sat about a foot away from everyone else as she lapped at the dairy drink, feeling as guilty as ever. What's wrong with me...? she wondered.

Her flower crown sat on the floor, alone, like Naya.

(Well, I'm not helping much here... Sorry about this.)

Last edited:
Honolulu looked at Flicker. Then she glanced at poor Naya. Wow she really looked upset about attacking the Clefable. she thought. One problem at a time. Maybe she could talk to Naya later. In the meantime the Vaporeon was doing her best to comfort Icarus without touching him. "You know what, I think I do have something you can do for me?" She gestured towards a Mismagius that was across the room from them. "That Mismagius is one of Emperor's friends." she then told the Flareon what she had offered to do for Luna and then gave him a description of Luna's trainer and Luna's trainer's name . "If you give that message to him, he'll take it to the Braviary outside."