• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Poke College

The instructor simply said a few words about the transfer of colleges, almost like field trips to catch Pokemon and give students a chance the instructor then left

Kiri looked at Kaizo and has gotten up and after stretching a few bones he had looked over to Kaizo and said "We might have a chance to catch Pokemon.."

After arriving at the safari zone and receiving 30 safari balls each, Kaizo and Ezekiel went out to find some pokemon. "Let's see what we can find." Kaizo stated.

Kiri was a bit caught off guard since at the time he had no idea how the safari zone worked, after he examined his strange Pokeballs he had looked up at Kaizo and tilted his head in confusion "And how does this work? Am I able to fight one I find?"

As Kaizo was grabbing a few bags, he said, "Kinda. You don't fight with your pokemon, but rather by throwing rocks or bait. Rocks make them easier to catch, but more likely to run, while bait does the exact opposite. The safari ball is used here, and it's about equal to the great ball in terms of capture rates. You can find pokemon in tall grass, by fishing, or by using surf. Now c'mon!" He handed a bait bag and rock bag to Kiri, and gave one of each to Zeke.

Kiri had tilted his head a bit, he didn't really get the concept but went to try it out anyways, as he had a satchel full of bait and rocks, he walked behind Kaizo admiring the scenery, as it didn't take a genius to hear the rustle coming from the grass in every direction

After having a brief discussion with Professor Elm on the genetic composition of the Pokérus virus, Ezekiel, realizing he had some free time before lunch and his Ice type elective, decided to visit the campus' science center and view their state of the art incubators, but was wheeled along by Kaizo and Kiri on their journey to the campus safari zone, a place unheard of in the Unova region.

Thankfully, the college had implemented a sort of rail system in the attraction, allowing Ezekiel to travel alongside his friends instead of being forced to remain at the entrance.

After Kaizo explained the rules of the park to a befuddled Kiri and Ezekiel and gave the two bags of rock and bait, the trio began to explore the zone they were in, which Ezekiel, with his complementary map, was able to identify as the grassland zone.

Enjoying the both the natural air of the artificial environment and sweet smelling fragrance of its flora, Ezekiel was caught completely unawares when a Cherubi appeared to his left, almost on top of him!

Last edited:
"What's over there?" Kaizo asked, pointing to the rustling grass. He stepped closer, before seeing a Rhyhorn jump out at them. "Woah! So, who wants it?"

"What's over there?" Kaizo asked, pointing to the rustling grass. He stepped closer, before seeing a Rhyhorn jump out at them. "Woah! So, who wants it?"

Ezekiel, never having encountered such a large creature before became paralyzed with fear at the sight of the creature, and began to shudder in his chair, in spite of his extensive study of such gargantuan beasts in the Castella archives.

"Aaaaaah!" A terrified Ezekiel screamed as not only did the Rhyorn appear to be preparing to charge but also the aforementioned Cherubi began to mount his chair, climbing into his lap.

Last edited:
Noticing his friend's fear, Kaizo took action. He threw a rock at the Rhyhorn. It turned aggressively towards Kaizo, who threw another rock. "Hey Zeke, why don't you try catching this thing while it's focussed on me?"

Seeing no other solution at the time, Ezekiel, unaware of neither the words had come out of Kaizo's mouth nor his rock throwing, quickly reached into his bag and began to flail his arms, throwing Safari Balls at the creatures besieging the trio, catching them both without a fuss.

Ezekiel, after having thrown the balls, had closed his eyes in terror, not seeing either the two monsters' capture nor the fall to the ground of the Safari balls holding them.

Kaizo was amazed. "You got 'em first try, Zeke! Very impressive!" He picked up Rhyhorn and Cherubi's safari balls and handed them to Zeke. "These two are yours, congratulations."

Kiri observed the actions dm folds his arms "That's so cool!" He said as he looked around and thought about how he could find at least one Pokemon "Are you gonna keep them?" Kiri asked as he let his hand drop and he then went and dug into his bag for some rocks

(Said Before Kaizo's first reply)

At the sound of his friends voice, Ezekiel was able to regain his composure after his panic attack, "N-no, I-I i-insist y-you at least t-take t-this R-rhyhorn, y-you s-saw it first..."

(Said after his first reply)

"B-besides, I-I'm a b-bit of a g-germophobe, a-and i-it's a g-ground type...." Ezekiel said has he nervously twirled his thumbs whilst looking at Kaizo's shoes.

At this, Ezekiel saw he was running out of options as Kira was consumed in his own search, so he replied to Kaizo, "W-what i-if w-we t-traded P-pokémon t-then?"

Kiri looked back as it was getting intresting he head a little chirp off in the distance but at the time he didn't do much about it for now as he approached his two friends, and observed their discussion

"Sorry, I don't have anything I'd want to trade, but you might be able to find someone who does," Kaizo replied. "Just think about this for a bit, Rhyhorn can be pretty tough, and you should be sure before trading it away." Just then, he heard many quick footsteps behind them. "What the-" He turned around and noticed a Doduo charging at him. "Woah!" he shouted, throwing a rock at it. The Doduo became angry, and attempted to peck him, but Kaizo threw his safari ball and caught it. "Ha, yes!" he shouted victoriously.

Kiri eventually ran off to that irritating rustling he was hearing, as by the time he looked up a small red and grey bird flew up into the sky, Kiri couldn't catch up with it becuase of the gleaming sunlight as he threw a small piece of bait into the ground hoping for some attention at the very least from the small bird

The extremly small little grey and red headed bird flew down and nibbled on the bait, Kiri took out one of his many Pokedex's that he as overloaded with since his father always wanted him to have the best PokeDex since his job was to gather information for the newest PokeDex he always was able to get any kind of PokeDex he desired for his hard work, as it turned out to be a Fletchling, Kiri then after pressed the button on the safari ball to enlarge it he then grinned and winded his hand back "It's been a while since I threw a Pokeball!

"Huh, a Fletching. Being a fire-bird pokemon, it can be a useful addition to any team, as it can balance out any team without fire, and can act as a flying pokemon. Catch it!"

Ezekiel, having been lost in dejected thought over the Rhyfon he had caught after Kaizo rejected his trade offer, felt his entire being perk at the sight of Kiri's Pokédex saying, "W-wow, a P-Pokédex! I-I've always dreamed of o-obtaining one..."

Kaizo, overhearing Zeke's statement, says, "I could get you one. I know someone from Kanto who can send one over. I'll call him when we get back to our room."

Last edited:
Kiri then threw the safari ball almost like baseball player, as it hits the head of the Fletchling as it gets absorbed into the Pokeball, it wobbles for a second as it makes a click sound and the Safari ball had stopped wobbling, After Kiri picked up the Pokeball he gritted his teeth and shouted "All right I caught a Fletchling!" Kiri sounded with amazement in his voice, as he stared at his safari ball he thought about how he only had two of his six players

Afterwords Kiri looked over at Zeke and smiled obviously from the good mood he's been "I have a ton of the latest Pokedex's since my dad kinda unloaded them on me..I'd love it if you took one from me as well..since we're all friends" Kiri said with excitement in his voice, as he was still enlightened by his capture

Blushing from both gratitude and embarrassment, Ezekiel replied, "O-oh, y-you really d-don't h-have to d-do t-that, f-friend ,e-even t-tthough I-I r-really a-appreciate the offer...."

In attempt to awkwardly change the subject, Ezekiel first congratulated Kiro on his capture befor volunteering that he needed to return to the cafeteria for lunch fairly soon so that he wouldn't be late to his Ice class, before hearing the name Oak.

Ezekiel, befuddled, replied with, "O-oak, a-as in P-professor O-oak, the colleague of our h-homeroom t-teacher, Professor Elm? T-they a-actually m-mentioned in t-the b-brochure t-that h-he actually i-is a t-teacher h-here a-at the academy....M-maybe y-you k-know s-someone in h-his homeroom?"

Kiri waved his hand as he practically motioned don't worry about it with his hands, as he stood in front of Zeke he smiled "Come on, I'd love to give you one..we're friends so it's nothing special, right Kaizo?" Kiri took a small glance over at Kaizo with a nod of approval

Kiri has already started to nod and began to wheel Zeke towards the exit of the Safari zone, but beforehand he looked back at Kaizo "Alright Kaizo..see you at lunch" Kiri said as he strolled Zeke to the entrance enlighting him on the features of the PokeDex

"OOoh, f-fasinating," said Ezekiel whilst being pushed by Kiri. "S-so, I-if y-you don't m-mind me a-asking, Kiri, w-what do you t-think of P-professor E-Elm, our home room t-teacher? I-I r-really admire him and a-am f-fascinated by h-his research o-of P-Pokémon b-breeding..."

"A-also, d-did y-you take a type e-elective t-this s-semester? I d-decided to t-take the ice one m-myself...."

Kiri stayed silent for a second as they checked out of the safari zone, once they began walking on the campuse again Kiri finally answered "Professor Elm..um I'm not someone who knows a lot of about Breeding..but I can surely respect it..he seems to know what to do to make people stronger which is why he's probably working on that tournament bracket as we speak"

"I-I c-completely u-understand!, t-though I f-feel you should try to h-hear one of his l-lectures a-about Pokérus, t-they're f-fascinating! I o-only ask b-because I d-dream to b-be a p-professional breeder one day, w-which is w-why c-completing the Pokédex I-is s-so I-important t-to me...."