• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Poke College

"Yep." He pulls out a poke ball. "Come on out Umbreon!" Umbreon was released from the poke ball. Ryuta got down to Umbreon's level. "Hey buddy." He put his hand out to pet him, but Umbreon bit him. "OW!"

Ed chuckled a little seeing Umbreon bite Ryuta. "Looks like he needs to warm up to you still. Maybe some training might help you guys develop a bond. We were gonna head out to train a bit if you wanted to join." Ed figured having someone to train with might make it more interesting, fun, and effective.

Ed smiles thinking that's an even better idea than he thought of. "Yea a battle sounds fun." He figured this would be a good way to figure out what his Pokemon's current potential is. "Any place you want."

Ed followed memorizing the way to the arena. "Only two so far. You?" Ed only knew of his Gligar and Umbreon but was curious if he had more.

"3, you've already met Umbreon and Scorpio. I also caught a Bulbasaur in the safari zone." Ryuta said. "Since you've got 2 Pokemon, we'll have a 2 on 2 battle using one Pokemon at a time, first to have both their Pokemon knocked out loses, sound good?"

"Sounds good to me." As they approached the arena Ed started thinking about what order he'll send them out in. He also starts wondering about Ryuta's strategy. I'll probably just wing it be thought to himself. Ed then took his side at the arena almost sweating in anticipation, his trench coat wasn't exactly helping him. "Ready when you are Ryuta."

(Sorry guys gotta get ready for work. If this isn't blocked on the computer I'll reply when I can if it is blocked it'll be about 14 hours till I can reply.)

((I can NOT wait for Violet to post again))
Kaizo was exhausted from having spent all night training against what he would call scrubs and chumps. "Well, I'm outta here! We're worn out! See ya!" he shouted as he left the arena. He had won a lot of items, money, and even a few stones from his bets. His pokemon would no doubt be close to level 30 at this point. On his way out, he passed where he and Kiri had fought the Rocket grunts. He noticed something in the ground. He picked it up, thinking it was just a pokeball, until he saw the button. I was black. "Oh crud..." he said, quickly going to find Kiri. Kaizo knew what this was, and it wasn't good.

Tyrogue was strolling around in the safari zone and was admiring the beauty of the forest more so than searching for a Pokemon to catch. Fraser sat down on a rock that was rather tall and Fraser then stared at the sky and zoned out whilst admiring the fluffy clouds that floated by. Fraser then felt something sharp poke his back. He turned around to see what it was and it was the Ursaring from before! Fraser leaped away in terror but when he landed from coming off the rock, his knee was still a bit hurt from last time and so He fell to the floor. Fraser thought "Well its been a good run...Kind of." Fraser then closed his eyes and waited, but nothing happened. Fraser opened one of his eyes to see what the Ursaring was up to. The Ursaring was just chillin', looking at Fraser with a concerned face. "Ursaring -ring" [Translation: "I'm sorry about before I don't know what came over me"] Ursaring expression then changed to an upset one. Fraser just looked back with a confused face at first for a moment. "Sorry, I don't believe you're following the script, you're supposed to be Hyper Beaming me right about now," Fraser said sarcastically. "Ring-Ursa," [Translation: "I know I was out of order earlier, but I've got away to make it up to you follow me"] Ursaring then gestured to follow her and started to walk the other way. Fraser then limped after the Ursaring.

The Ursaring then lead Fraser to a small cave which had a dead end. "Wow, this is just greeeeaaaat," Fraser said sarcastically. "Ursa!" [Translation: "Just hold on a second!" The Ursaring said assertively. The Ursaring tapped a rhythm with her claw against the wall of the cave, and then the wall started rolling to the side and revealed a Machoke making the opening. Machoke stopped Ursaring and they started arguing. After some time of back and forth between the Pokemon, the Machoke finally let Ursaring and Fraser enter. It was a hidden grotto that a lot of Pokemon hid in to hide from all the Pokemon trainers. "Woah, I never knew this existed." Ursaring walked up to an Audino and talked to it the Audino nodded and walked over to Fraser. Audino touched Fraser's knee and started glowing, healing Fraser's knee. "Wow thanks Audino, I guess it's my time to leave" Fraser stood up and declared, "Do not worry everyone, I will not tell anyone about this place, you have my word, and if you need help tell me andI'll do my best" Fraser then left through the same hole he entered and it closed behind him. Fraser then went back to college.

(BTW the hidden grotto is HIDDEN. No one can just stumble upon it or find it)

Kirk and Frogadier looked at Kuro "You really didn't have to choose me over battling" Kiri rubbed the back of his head, he did a forced laugh since he wasn't really used to be being hung around by other people despite his travels to other regions, Kiri then looked at the clear path, the hard work they did payed off as Kiri and Frogadier stared at eachother for a moment and both chuckled at the same time, the ruthless and awful relationship between FROAKIE and Kiri when they first entered the college has now blossomed into a hard working equivalent relationship which still had time to grow even more

Kiri looked back at Kuro and Metang "Thanks to you guys too! You saved us a lot of time"

Tori sat on her bed in her room still, as she didn't know what to do today. She had no classes today since she was a Pokémon Doctor, as she said to herself, "Should I go outside or not.... I do have to care for my friends and my egg."

She noticed Minun on her lap, as he couldn't seem to talk to her. She chuckled and patted his back, as she said to him, "Shh, it's alright buddy. You're still growing... even if it's been several years."

(Just so you know for when you get back if it's blocked and it takes you 14 hours to respond, I will be asleep. Our battle will be able to start around 10:00 a.m. EST)

Kaizo was Kiri, and shouted. "Kiri! I need to tell you something important, NOW!" He ran up and grabbed Kiri by the shoulder. He showed him the pokeball with the black button. "This isn't good. Look at this."

Kiri turned around to spot his good friend Kaizo, a bit startled he takes a deep breath "You scared me for a bit.." Kiri loord at his expression and tilted his head slightly "Is something wrong?.." Kiri then looked down and spotted the strange Pokeball, Frogadier looked over Kiri's shoulder to eye what was going on, Kiri began to try a blank, and then looked up at Kaizo "What is that?"

Tori noticed Pachirisu with his toolbox, as he said to her, "Pachirisu." [Translation: I think it's time for some handywork.] Tori watched Pachirisu make a flute with his tools, as she said to him, "Wow, I guess you've still retained your handywork here huh Pachirisu."
He replied to Tori, "Pachi, risu." [Translation: Yes, I have still my skills.]

Pachirisu continued to make his flute, as Cyndaquil took a nap on the bed with Aron. Archen sat on the bed, as he wondered what to do, while Minun sat next to the Pichu and hugged him.

"This is a SNAG BALL! It's a specialized pokeball used by Team Cipher to capture other trainers' pokemon. This means that the grunt who dropped this was working with Cipher. If they get ANY pokemon, it'll be bad." Kaizo's stress was obvious in his tone.

Tori noticed that Elgyem was gone, as she said, "Huh... where did he go?" She noticed him teleport on her lap, as she patted him. Elgyem said in telepathy, "I've overheard what that guy said about this so called Snag Ball. I don't even know what to say considering they can't even catch us even if they were allowed to. We're all caught by you with something very different, and friendship protects us. On the other hand though, the normal Pokémon like the ones he has in the balls, that could be bad..."

Tori noticed that Pachirisu was now making a weapon, as she said to him in concern, "Uhh Pachirisu, what are you doing?"
He replied while he tightened a screw, "Pachirisu Pachirisu. Pachi, risu. Pachirisu." [Translation: I'm making a weapon here that can possibly paralyze Pokémon and Humans. Yeah I heard Elgyem, so I got working. I'll explain more on this later since this might be weird.]

I personally don't have a problem with her beginning to get involved in the plot, and as long as she does it with me I guess that's okay by me^^))

Kiri stared at the Pokeball for a sec, he looked at it deeply "So that was what Team Rocket was trying to do....I don't know why they would try something so precious on Pichu, this college has tons of Pokemon meaning if they came back they could get as many Pokemon as they wa-...." Kiri's expression drops at the thought that Team Rocket might just come back since they have a whole school of Pokemon they could steal

Kauai shrugged. "Well, when I thought it was JUST team rocket, I guessed that maybe Pichu had some form of pokerus. But, a baby pokemon like Pichu would be perfect for Cipher. Cipher creates shadow pokemon, highly aggressive pokemon that will attack people. They then either release them into the wild, use them for themselves, or distribute them to other trainers. A Pichu would easily evolve through happiness, and then using a stone gets it to Raichu. Evolving it would be easy. They're popular as pets, so they'd easily be able to distribute it. But, if it DOES have pokerus, then Cipher could be trying to create a way to corrupt the virus along with the pokemon. This would allow for the shadow pokemon to gain levels, which they normally can't do. It could also allow for the corruption to be genetically passed on to its offspring." Kaizo sighed. "This actually explains a lot. Team Rocket was disbanded years ago. If Cipher, a little known team from Orre, posed as them, it could throw off any suspicion, as well as catch any enemies off guard."

Kiri began to get skeptical "Get them while their young....then breed until they have an army or influence more" Kiri then looked at Frogadier almost looking for a solution, Frogadier simply made a "Dier.." Sound and Kiri turned around to look back at Kaizo "They could be back anytime for Pichu, or any other Pokemon then...." Kiri turned to the huge college still in sight despite being in the forest "Tori is a nurse, she takes care of baby Pokemon most of the time. She can take care of herself but I think it's safe to check in with her and Viola"

Kaizo shrugged. "Two things that I know about shadow pokemon: They can't gain experience, and the corruption can't spread. If Pichu has pokerus, they may be trying to find a way to corrupt the virus. The way pokerus works is it makes pokemon grow more quickly, and it spreads through contact. This means that corrupting the virus can allow the altered virus to spread. The infected pokemon's offspring may develop a genetic mutation, starting out as shadow pokemon. It will also allow the infected to gain experience and level up. But the worst of all is that corrupting the virus may be an irreversible process. Not enough is known about pokerus to even be able to know it's full effects. We may not know how to purify it." Kaizo's stress and concern were present in every word. "In addition to that, how'd they even get on campus. The security's pretty tight around here. I saw them escape into the Safari Zone. There might be a blind spot that they're using to enter. There are multiple monitors, so as long as they weren't seen by the ones monitoring the entrance, they probably wouldn't get caught. But we still need to find out what that blind spot is. But for now, it might be a good idea to see Viola and Tori." Kaizo started walking of to go find them.

Tori knew that something wasn't right, as she said to Pachirisu, "I think you might need to lock the door and window with the reinforced barriers soon. I have a feeling that bad people are coming in."

Pachirisu nodded at him, as he was working on his weapon still. He screwed on a tubular like barrel, as he was halfway done with the weapon. He was on his workbench, as he looked at the Pichu, who was still on the bed. Tori sat down on her desk, as she documented Pichu's condition and everything about him in her medical journal.

"Ok then." Ryuta said. He pulled out a poke ball. "Go, Scorpio!" Ryuta yelled. He threw the poke ball and Scorpio came out. "Gligar." (Translation: let's go.) "You attack first Ed."

Kiri stared at Frogadier and then he looked back towards the path which led down to the college, (Pichu..) he thought to himself as he couldn't imagine life with Pichu being corrupt, the Pokemon which went through regions with Kiri, not mention he was the Pokemon that connected Viola and Kiri and got them closer as siblings, he balled his fist and looked at Kaizo "We gotta get back!" Kiri said as he began running down the path that led back to the college, in a hurry obviously

Frogadier saw Kiri running and followed, leaping on the tree branches to increase its velocity, it managed to keep at Kiri's pace, with a "Dier-Dier-Frog!" With each branch it used to hop to the other one

They finally arrived at Tori's room. Kaizo knocked on the door. "Tori! It's Kauai and Kiri! Open up!" Kaizo's tone of voice made his impatience clear.

"Scorpio Jump!" Scorpio jumps in the air, dodging the Ember. "Now dive down and use Steel Wing!" Scorpio's wings turned into steel and he started diving towards Houndour.

Ed wasn't expecting Scorpio's speed and thought quick. "Dodge and counter with bite!" The steel wing nicked Houndour doing some damage. Houndour then lunged at Scorpio with his fangs.

Scorpio was hit by Bite, doing some damage. "You ok Scorpio?" Ryuta asked. "Gligar gli." (Translation: Of course.) "Ok then, use Earthquake!" Scorpio slammed his tail on the ground, causing it to shake.

"Houndour flamethrower, let's try to stop that earthquake!" Houndour shot a stream of flames towards Scorpio as the earth started shaking and cracking hoping to stop it before it reached him.

"Houndour brace yourself!" Houndour braced and was hit by the earthquake. He flew back knocked out. " You did well Houndour, time to rest." Ed returned Houndour to his pokeball and threw his next Pokemon out. "Gastly let's have some fun!"