• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask the Staff

Those are from GPX+ or whatever it's called. You can get the links there by clicking on the eggs or critters, making and account and such. There should be an on-site guide to getting the actual images into your sig, if not, there's a guide on the board. In the art or sprite forum I think.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Basically, most of the members of this site play a game called GPX+ - Global Pokédex Plus. The idea is a mini version of Pokémon breeding, and the way you raise Pokémon/hatch eggs is by placing them in your signature on other forums to get people to click them. The Hall of Eggery thread in Miscylenious has more on it.

Anyway, when you have an account on GPX+, it gives you a code when you get an egg, which you can paste into the signature field in your profile.

Last edited:
This is meant to be ask the staff right. Well I am asking, how do you put pictures of pokemon and trainer cards and other pictures on you signature. Also How do you add avatars too you're profile? ???

This is meant to be ask the staff right. Well I am asking, how do you put pictures of pokemon and trainer cards and other pictures on you signature. Also How do you add avatars too you're profile? ???

You can accomplish the task of inserting images into your signature by using BBcode like so:

[nobbc]
yourimage.extension
[/nobbc]

For avatars, you can set them through your profile via Forum Profile. However, you cannot use custom avatars until a certain number of posts, which was described in deep detail on the rules.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think the avatar sets we have are working right now - so I'm afraid that until you get to 50 posts and unlock the ability to upload your own, I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, if you try and connect if you're banned, you'll be told as such. Trust me, you'd know.

Also, no, you can't find out that easily what the warning levels do just by looking. That is a question that one of the staff members would have to answer.

The first warning means you are being watched by the staff. The second means that all your posts must be approved, the third means you cannot post.

That is what a default setup would do.

While our warning system is not set up exactly like that, those are the effects of being warned a certain amount, yeah. Certain infractions will automatically make you watched by the staff, certain ones will automatically make your posts have to be approved, and so on.

Oh thank goodness. i thought i had completely wrecked my authority on the site. Sorry for spamming guys, I have a lot to learn. This is my first public forum in all

If you're talking what the ones below your name do, it indicates your rank-by-post level. For example, 1 is a newbie, and the higher your Pokeball count is, the more posts you have.

Thanks for the help, but I wasn't asking that. I was asking how the charms ball (top left of screen) is different to the other pokeballs and what it does (if it has been thought of yet, because if it hasn't then this question is meaningless)

General rule of thumb, the more icons they have and the higher quality they are, the better the member.

Obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt, some of our best members have little post counts which also affect it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Jerty, if you meant the green one, all it does is, when you click on it, it brings you to the home page of Pokecharms.

Also, as this thread has now turned into a thread that people ask general questions about the site and regular members, not staff members, are replying now, I thought I might bring back what the thread was originally about. XD

Sooo... Staff members, including admins, mods, Jet, KoL, and others with moderation abilities, what's your favorite anime, and why? If you don't watch anime, then you can tell us your favorite video game or manga or TV show or book or whatevs. XD (no, you don't have to answer all of them. :p)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the help, but I wasn't asking that. I was asking how the charms ball (top left of screen) is different to the other pokeballs and what it does (if it has been thought of yet, because if it hasn't then this question is meaningless)
It's a logo, mate. Nothing to do with the games at all XD

Ok then, I just asked it if anyone had actually made up a use for it, e.g. 'It brings good luck to the pokemon inside', but seeing as no-one has that's ok.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sooo... Staff members, including admins, mods, Jet, KoL, and others with moderation abilities, what's your favorite anime, and why? If you don't watch anime, then you can tell us your favorite video game or manga or TV show or book or whatevs. XD (no, you don't have to answer all of them. :p)

I may as well answer some of them while I'm here :p

My Favourite Anime, purely by default would have to be Naruto. 'Tis an awesome series and well drawn - especially Shippuuden. It's also my favourite Manga, closely followed by FullMetal Alchemist.

TV-wise I don't have a favourite show in particular, but I love Nature shows. I try to watch as many of those a possible. Springwatch is on at the moment and I loves it.

Favourite book is a hard one, since I love so many. Earthsea is awesome, though my absolute favourite I guess has to be the Songs of Ice and Fire series. I've never read anything else that quite lives up to it's epic standards. I just wish the author would hurry up and publish his next book XD

2. What are the member ranks and how do I change mine?

Answer: Your member rank is also known as your post count based group and, as you probably guessed, works in accordance to your post count. The full rundown is as follows:

0-50: Newbie
50-75: Trainer
76-150: Skillz0r'd
151-300: Master
300-500: Hercules
500-1000: God
1000-2000: Pwnz0r3
2000+: Get off the bloody computer & get a life

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Have you tried yet?

Unless you've been n00bed or banned (you wouldn't be able to do anything if you were banned, anyways), you should be able to PM anyone you want to.

Well, I'm new here (only registered last night), and I do have a question that I can't seem to find a place for anywhere else in the forum.

Does PokeCharms allow 'organization' posts in fanfiction threads, without considering them SPAM?

I was wondering because I have a rather long one that I wanted to post, without cluttering the section of the first chapter. Because, in that first post, there was going to be a Table of Contents with quick links to each chapter and basic information (the estimated length, pairings included, etc).
Any answer is much appreciated. ^_^

Sincerely,

Moonlight.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Shiny: That's an extremely good question, actually. I'm not altogether sure what my favorite anime series is - it's probably a tossup between Digimon Tamers, GAD Guard, Vandread, Slayers/Slayers NEXT and G Gundam at the moment...