• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Of Chaos Classic Roleplay

So, in combination to my Yugioh VRAINS roleplay I just started I'm making this classic Yu-Gi-Oh roleplay, as I figured i would be able to get more people on board.
To start, the plot:
It's the 10 year anniversary of Seto Kaiba's Battle City Tournament! And although Mr. Kaiba had always rejected the idea of it being a yearly thing, the media latched onto the idea so well that a tournament is being held. But this time, it's open to the masses. This Battle City tournament (due to three months of preparations), has a much higher capacity, and now almost anyone with a decent dueling record can be in attendance (although bookings are hard to come by). However, top duelists from the pro dueling scene have received special invites, making sure that the best of the best will also be in attendance. However, with the increased resource strain, and many more attendees, it's gradually becoming harder to prevent... darkness... from seeping in.

So basically, your character will be participating in a new Battle City tournament, although the Ante rule was blocked from the duel disk systems due to safety issues.
The darkness are the mysterious Cards Of Chaos, which Kaibacorp have been investigating and are determined to keep out of the tournament. They seem to have strange powers, and the reason Ante was disabled was so that if one did get in, it wouldn't be spread around and lost track of. Your character could have one of these cards (although they don't have to, and only 6 of them exist).

Now, to the dueling rules!
We will simulate the duels using an app called Yugipedia, where you can build your deck and simulate duels (although only your side of the field and the rules are not built in). This is intended to help you have a visual aid, and remember what is on your Field, in your grave and in your hand. (although I still note it down) When duels happen between RPers, the two RPers should make a private conversation, with me in even if I'm not involved in the duel (so I can keep track of what's going on). That way, you can do the duel first in the conversation, allowing you to post your turn, then have your opponent reply with all the things they would have activated, and you change the results according to it. This means the duel is already sorted before it was posted, and you can focus on making it more dramatic and anime-y in the actual post and less on the game. The rule for posting a turn in the Rp thread is that when the turn after is complete, you may post that turn.

E.g.
Turn 1 is simulated in the private conversation
Turn 2 is also done
Both players post Turn 1 in the RP thread, while dramatising it for the roleplay and stuff.
Turn 3 is done
So on and so forth.

Character Bios: (should be posted in this thread. this is my bio, and you can use the categories as a template)
Name: Oscar Ervin
Appearance: Average height, short messy dark brown hair, orange eyes, skinny.
Wears an orange hoodie, with a black sleeveless shirt underneath. This shirt has an emblem across it of a red T-Rex head. Wears dark blue jeans, and orange trainers.
Personality: Gets quite invested into duels, and fired up in them, despite being really calm normally. This can quickly devolve into dangerous anger, and he is easy to annoy. Is also annoyed by complicated people/situations, as he is always serious, honest and to the point.
Other: Is slowly working his way up the Pro Dueling ladder, but is struggling to get exposure. He entered the tournament hoping he would be invited to more prestigious world competitions if he did well.
Will eventually possess Card Of Chaos Number 2, -------
Deck: So, for the rules on what you can use. The main aim is to keep your deck casual, and even though newer decks can be used- E.g, I'm using Jurracs, a 5D's deck with Tuners and Synchro's, but instead using their Tribute monsters. So, just keep it slow, although I don't want to really put limits on stuff because I feel like it takes away the fun. Just test your deck a bit, if it's not too fast and mostly relies on normal summons or reactive special summons (i.e., stuff like Mystic Tomato. It doesn't just spam itself from the hand on your turn, it's like punishment for your opponent attacking it.) Stuff like that. Of course, only Ritual and Fusion monsters (although keep those slow as well, for the sake of the time period). I want people to be able to use newer decks, but just casual, fun stuff. Now, on to my actual deck.

Main Deck: (40)
Monsters: (23)
1x Giant Rex
2x Jurrac Aeolo
1x Jurrac Brachis
1x Jurrac Dino
2x Jurrac Gallim
2x Jurrac Guaiba
1x Jurrac Iguanon
1x Jurrac Monoloph
3x Jurrac Protops
2x Jurrac Petra
1x Jurrac Stauriko
3x Jurrac Velo
1x Jurrac Herra
1x Jurrac Spinos
1x Jurrac Tyrannus
Spell: (9)
1x Big Evolution Pill
1x Enemy Controller
2x Fossil Dig
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Jurassic World
1x Pot Of Duality
Trap: (8
1x Blast Held By A Tribute
2x Fossil Excavation
1x Hunting Instinct
1x Dust Tornado
1x Mirror Force
1x Seismic Shockwave
1x Survival Of The Fittest

Small changes to your deck can be made throughout the Rp, like gaining new, stronger cards. I'll post the Rp thread when we have some people.

Now, onto the Cards Of Chaos. They are part of the Custom Card rule, where each player can get one card that they created themselves. It can be anything, provided it's not too OP of course, and you have 1 of it to put in your deck. Although, my character won't get his straight away. You just need to put all the data for it in a paragraph at the end of your Deck bio. There are only 6 Cards Of Chaos in existence, (because I don't think we'll need more than 6). This is mine, the 2nd Card Of Chaos.
IMG_0653.PNG

Chaos 2 - Jurrac Fortress Patagotitano
FIRE Attribute
Level 10
Dinosaur/Effect
ATK/ 3000 DEF/ 3000
Cannot be Special Summoned. Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set, except by tributing 3 'Jurrac' monsters. You may change this face-up Attack Position card to Defense Position; change 1 Defense Position monster to face-up Attack Position. This card gains 300 ATK for each Defense Position monster on the field. When this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.

Last edited:
I've been wanting so much for someone to do a Yugioh Role play! And of my was funny when I saw your VRAINS RP, I was excited, but then realized I had never seen VRAINS and knew absolutely nothing. So, yeah. Anyway, my question is, are we allowed to use made-up cards? Like, I think a Dark Scorpion Deck would be fun, and I made up some support cards for it. Would that be okay?

Last edited:
Well, I was thinking that I might introduce an old rule from one of my old Yugioh RPs, the Custom Card rule. Basically, each player gets one Custom Card, and that's the Card Of Chaos.
I might do that, yeah. Just post yours and all the stuff for it, and I'll work on mine.

Name: Dylan "Chance" Watson
Appearance: Dylan wears a black baseball cap decorated with card suits, and has short black hair. He has brown eyes, wears a t-shirt that says, "Royal Flush" and cargo pants. He also wears a necklace with a coin on it.
Personality: Dylan is a very relaxed person, always willing to "go wherever the winds of fortune take him". He considers himself very lucky, so he's okay with taking risks. He loves to duel, but really loves it when he's facing a difficult opponent.
Other: He carries around a lucky coin that he likes to flip. Also, here's a Card of Chaos he might get?

Deck: (41)
Monsters: (20)
Barrel Dragon x3
Blowback Dragon ×2
Maximum Six
Abare Ushioni
Jirai Gumo ×2
Kryuel
Dice Jar
Sasuke Samurai #4 ×3
Snipe Hunter ×2
Roullete Barrel ×2
Time Wizard
Twin-Barrel Dragon ×2
Gambler of Legend

Spells:(10)
Cup of Ace ×2
Dangerous Machine Type-6
Dicephoon
Dueltaining
Graceful Dice
Polymerization
Roulette Spider
Second Coin Toss ×2

Traps: (10)
Dice-nied
Fairy Box
Fiend Comedian
Gamble
Level Conversion Lab
Blind Ruination
Lucky Chance
Needle Wall
Sixth Sense
Skull Dice

Extra Deck: (1)
Gatling Dragon

Card of Chaos:
Chaos 6- Ultimate Dicestruction Dragon
EARTH Attribute
Level 10
Machine/effect
ATK/2800 DEF/2550
Cannot be summoned unless you control a monster with an effect that requires the roll of a six-sided die and a monster with an effect that requires the flip of a coin. Once per turn, roll two six-sided dice, add up their rolls, and apply the result.
2: Destroy this card and all cards on the field
3: Destroy this csrd
4: Discard one card from your hand
5: Your opponent draws one card.
6,8: you draw one csrd
7, 11: Destroy one card on the field, and if it is a face-up monster card, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its attack.
9, 10: Inflict 800 Damage to your opponent
12: Destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the field.

Last edited:
I think the Dragon needs a little less Attack, 2800 like Barrel Dragon should be good. It already has enough effect destruction to not have to worry about battle. Also, funnily enough... well, let's just hope you never have to duel the villain of this RP, or the gamble will reach next level. I made a deck for him, and it revolves around Summoned Skull and dice cards, because Skull Archfiend Of Lightning (his ace monster) uses a die for it's effect.

Also, 6 and 1 are currently in Cairun's possession, the other 4 he is attempting to draw to the city. The Cards Of Chaos also aren't always the same, I.e they are just grey blank cards normally, and they change depending on who's possessing it. So, if Cairun was using Chaos 2 it might be a Summoned Skull monster but when Oscar holds it, it turns into a jurrac monster. I'm thinking you get 6 from Cairun, if Oscar ends up dueling Talent then I can have one of Cairun's henchmen duel your character afterwards and you can get it then.

Talent's Deck

Deck (40)
Monsters:
Don Zaloog ×2
Black Scorpion- Menae the Thorn ×2
Black Scorpion- Chick the Yellow ×2
Black Scorpion- Cliff the Trap Remover ×2
Black Scorpion- Gorg the Strong ×2
Black Scorpion Burglars ×2
White Magical Hat
Freed the Matchless General
Sinister Serpent
Marauding Captain ×2
Legacy Hunter
Cannon Soldier
Inpachi
Man-Eater Bug

Spells:
Reinforcements of the Army
Mustering of the Black Scorpions ×2
Secret Passage to the Treasure ×2
Shrink
Shooting Star Bow- Ceal
Twin Swords of Flashing Light- Truce
Creature Swap
Jackpot 7 ×3

Traps:
Black Scorpion Combination ×2
Mask of Weakness
Minimize
Negate Attack
Drain Shield
Shadow Spell
Robbin Goblin

Last edited:
Oh yeah, just thought I'd put a deck profile for the Chaos Hunter in the plaza

Monsters: (26)
2x Cosmic Compass
3x Unicycular
3x Bicular
3x Tricular
3x Mechanicalchaser
3x Robotic Knight
3x Machine King Prototype
3x Machine King
3x Perfect Machine King
Spells: (11)
2x 7 Completed
1x Gravity Blaster
1x Limiter Removal
1x Machina Armored Unit
3x Machine Assembly Line
3x Paralyzing Potion
Traps: (3)
3x Machine King - 3000 B.C

Name: Ryker Yuki
Appearance: Ryker has spiky, wild red hair, and has green eyes. He wears a red blazer, with a white shirt under it. He wears navy blue jeans and red converse sneakers. Around his neck is a gold locket, he's had for a long time. His duel disk was built by an old friend. It has a very scrap design, with a strap of red metal across the disc. The rest of it is, a deep steely grey.
Personality: He is a laid back boy who loves to duel with all of his heart. He is very loyal and believes ones word is the most important thing someone can give to another, and he makes sure to keep all of his promises. He wants to help people, and does this by dueling. He believes in chivalry, and works hard to help others.
Deck: I'll finish my deck up later. It will be a basic Warrior themed deck. However, here is Chaos 3, which Ryker will receive.

Monster Cards -25

Spell Cards- 13

Trap Cards- 7

Total Main- 45

Extra Deck- 1

--Monsters--

1x Absolute Crusader

1x Blade Knight

1x Buster Blader

1x Command Knight

1x D.D. Assailant

3x Daybreaker

1x Exiled Force

1x Familiar Knight

1x Field-Commander Rahz

1x Freed the Matchless General

1x G.B. Hunter

2x Gearfried the Iron Knight

1x Gearfried the Swordmaster

1x Gilford the Lightning

1x King’s Knight

2x Marauding Captain

1x Parry Knights

1x Twin-Sword Marauder

1x Chamberlain of the Six Samurai

1x Jack’s Knight

1x Queen’s Knight

--Spells--

1x Assault Armor

1x Double Attack

1x Double Summon

1x Magnum Shield

1x Monster Reborn

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Polymerization

1x Pot of Greed

1x Reinforcements of the Army

1x Release Restraint

1x Sogen

1x The A. Forces

1x The Warrior Returning Alive

--Traps--

1x Call of the Haunted

1x Commander of the Swords

1x Copy Knight

1x Dark Bribe

1x Defense Draw

1x Dust Tornado

1x Mirror Force

--Extra Deck--

1x Arcana Knight Joker

upload_2017-8-15_20-23-22.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished my deck, and edited my post. I call the deck Warrior Swordskills, because the fact that the majority if not all of the monsters carry swords.