• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your biggest mistake you've ever done in any Pokémon game?

R/B/Y - I went through all the trouble, caught EVERY pokemon that I could got them to lvl 100 fully evolved, I had mew, mewtwo all the rares without cheating. I was known as the "Pokemon Expert" In my town. My town only had around 900 ppl so it was kinda tiny. Anyway I let my freinds look at the pokemon I had and we battled. The bully at my school decided to poor water ALL over my Gameboy and it was destroyed, I finally bought another one, hoping that my Yellow version still worked and it didnt. I was crushed and never touched it since.

G/S/C - Accidentally used the Masterball on a lvl 3 Spinarak and saved.

P/D/Plat - I used the masterball on Giritina, now no matter what I do I cant catch that stupid Azelf.

Here is my share of freaking stupidity:
1.When I bought Pokemon Platinum on the day it was released,I had gotten the exclusive giratina figure.i had set it up on my shelf and then startedto play my brand new game.When I was about at the 2ND gym with a fully evolved starter,then is when tragedy strikes.I thought nothing was going to go wrong so i didn't save at all ,then something knocked my giratina figure off and made my DS freeze up...S**T!.After that,my mom made me go to bed so the next day i had to start ALL over :(.(well no matter now)
2.When I transferred Pokemon to platinum from emerald ,all i have (still haven't caught Latios yet) to catch Latios was a Sudowoodo that was (caught at the battle frontier in emerald) slow as a freaking rock (wait a sec...)and a bunch of pants Pokemon that ether knew a bunch of HMs or not worth re-catching.Why did Nintendo make Latios so hard to catch or even FIND!!!!

*G/S/C: I released My Totodile thinking it would follow me.
Ouch,that was by far terrible. It's a good thing that you don't have to worry about that now.In Heart Gold and Soul Silver your Pokemon in the first slot of your party will follow you around like in Pokemon Yellow.

wow i have several of them...

first off i was in a hospital waiting room with much of my family,(the reason is unimportant) i decided to take out my gameboy along with pokemon silver in it... I had a team around lvl 80 and i was really happy with them... i was showing my older cousin and he asked if he could play... about an hour later he asked how to save the game... i told him not thinking anything of it... when i got my game back that day i realised he started over and saved it... thinking the game save was on my sisters gameboy and my game save was on my gamboy...

second... i let my cousin(a different one) borrow my sapphire he beat it but with my pokemon... eventually he got diamond and traded over all of the pokemon from my sapphire of only some of which were his... being awesome as he is he loses his diamond version along with my painstakingly trained team...

um on fire-red i traded a starter to a neighbor so he could have it in his dex... after he got it he said oh crap i gotta go have dinner... I never got my bulbasaur back... and he was my only strong pokemon after the first two gyms...

One time on gold version, I accidentally release my starter pokemon. Which happened to be the ONLY one on the game...

*sniffle* It broke my heart to finally admit defeat and start all over again.

This was BEFORE I knew about shinys:

I went to battle Azelf and it was a different colour. Me, thinking my game was glitched turned my game off and battled Azelf again. I beat it. And saved. 2 big mistales there T_T

i saw the register option on key items, and being a little kid i related register to money, and then tried to go sell my bike for that million dollars.

but porobably the stupidest thing i've ever done is this
in pokemon yellow, i had ash's original team (Pikachu, Pidgeot, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, and Butterfree/ sometimes primape or kingler would replace butterfree) but they were all level 100 except bulbasaur and squirtle, who were 98 and 95 respectively, and so this was my last chance to evolve them to complete my pokedex, so i tried the G/S/C cloning glitch and lost all my data. it said i had to new game whenever i turned it on...

my 2 biggest mistakes are when i let my friend play my platinum and he released my lvl 100 charizard i slapped the little bitch across the face then i sent out my 69 infernape against cynthias milotic and lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Please stop using so many smileys. It's not necessary and it's against the rules.

Please read the PM that's on its way.

My mistake was SO dumb...
I had a REALLY good game in Pearl and then I registered my Platinum guy into the Pearl game and Vice-Versa but the I relized that the names were the EXACT same, so I deleted my Pearl game thinking it would help (I first deleted it from my Pal-Pad)
but it didn't help....

Back in 2002, I was playing Yellow version. It was very late and I fell asleep while the game was still running. I awoke 9 hours later and somehow my Gamboy Color still hadn't run out of battery power. It was close though: the batteries finally died 5 minutes after I saved. I haven't made that mistake since.

I had diamond at the time and my older sister wanted to play gold version for nostalgia's sake, she took it into the bathroom put it on the bench. When she came out My gold version would erase all data whenever it turned off, well it didn't erase once but that's not the point. I had so much good stuff on that game and learnt how to get them on to Diamond the next day =(

I got a shiny Spiritomb from GTS, and it had pokerus, I didn't know what it was and thought it was cheated, so I released it. :(

I dident exactly make this mistake but more a friend, but whatever.
So he is on Iron Islands training his pokémon to do the gym battle and he meats a Shiny Graveler, he goes all like "OMG a Shiny Graveler!!!" he send his ryhorn against it and makes it spam stom to lower its health enough, then when he is about to trough his ultra ball, the Graveler uses Explosion, he went all like F*** and from that day on he vowed to kill every Graveler there is. I laughed so hard he slaped me.

Then again, I am at my girlfriends house and she gets her DS from upstairs and her dog makes here trip, causing the DS - that was open and turned on - to fall, and the shock caused her game to pop out, goodbye: Feraligtr, Salamenc and a lot of good stuff.

Also a word of advice to you kids, never name your female Tyranitar after your girlfriend unless she has a good sence of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this isn't MY mistake, more of a friend's (although it made me more aggravated than him.)
So he encounters a SHINY Golem (in all my hours of playing, I have never encountered a shiny. I'm never lucky with shinies...)
and catches it, knowing it was shiny. As he was telling me this, there was only one word I could think off - 'Trade'.
But then he tells me he deleted the save data of that game for a new one. And that he never even liked that Golem.
But that's just life. I am craving at least one shiny, no matter what pokemon, but in all my hundreds of hours of playing and chaining, do I get one? No. Does my friend who couldn't give a shit get one? Of course.

*Calms Down*

On the bright side, there's always the shiny Gyarados, which I can shiny breed for SHINIES. I might even use the Masuda method, providing I can get my Wi-Fi working again (stupid Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector...)

i used to be dumb so i had two masterballs i used one on serviper and the other on magikarp
I have no pity for you on the Magikarp.... ;)

Not really a mistake, but extremely fustrating. I had a level 100 red gyarados and 100 alakazam. But my Crystal decides to restart on me....

One mistake is when I accidently (wasn't an accident I bet at the time cuz I prob didnt care) restarted my emerald with a level 100 Machamp and Rayquaza and a levle 94 Blaziken. All three trained since I captured it. Machamp and the Blaziken are the feats.

Another mistake but luckily didn't affect me is when I decided that I would train a Pokemon in Emerald like I hadn't beaten the game, so I put EVERY ball into the PC, and walk in grass. I a few days later (I had stopped doing this cuz it was boring) I realized that if I had encountered Latios, I woulda been screwed because I had put my Master Ball in the PC.

Also, I guess this is a mistake because people are calling it one, but I have trained mainly my starter since the beginning of time. Usually my starter is my only strong Pokemon and this usually doesn't hurt me in anyway.) Now I'm starting to evolve and train two at a time. Then I'll progress to 3. I just love sweeping people compared to have an actual battle every couple minutes.