• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

William's small-time studio

Hey, William Andrews, here, also known as NinjaFox8. As an independent, if amateur, artist, I'm more than happy to show some of my work here. I'll also take requests, following these guidelines:

1. Try to limit it to two or three characters.
2. please do not ask for a specific pose. If I can't do the pose, I will be forced to decline. (Don't worry, I will tell you why.)
3. I do not just draw Pokemon, so try different genres too. ~;)~
4. Do not expect it to be completed same day. You will likely be disappointed.

And now for the art I have ready to show off here...

vesta_the_riolu_sunset_sprint_by_ninjafox8-d4arx3g.png

This was a request from Ashokatanofan on DeviantART featuring his female Riolu, Vesta, and is fairly old.

spokemon.png

My most recent work, featuring Tearnai's Pokemon. I really need tips on how to draw Eevees...

williamandrewstrainer.png

Just a small test with basis of the male Unova protagonist to see what I would look like in a Pokemon Battle. Kinda cheezy if you ask me. And no, I do not consider this a sprite: The smaller image is just the big one minimized.

That's all there is for now. If you feel like giving any critiques, go right ahead! ~:D~

This is really quite good, William. I like your cartoony style with wavering linework, and the colouring and other brushes look very plain yet playful. Possibly my only critique would be the positioning and proportioning, that makes it look a bit flat, although that also might have to do with the shading.

All in all, well done.

As for requests, think you could do a Mightyena? The pose doesn't really matter to me, as long as the image is not too tall, so that I might use it in my signature- Maybe lying down?

Thank you for your response, Dark. I can see what you mean easily.

Dark Soul said:
As for requests, think you could do a Mightyena? The pose doesn't really matter to me, as long as the image is not too tall, so that I might use it in my signature- Maybe lying down?

A Mightyena, huh? Sounds like a fun challenge. I'll get started on that.

LoN said:
Sweet style, sir :) I think the Eevee looks great!

Followed/Llama'd on dA as well :) (NerVeLoN)
You think Sarenae looks great? Really? I need so much practice drawing her though...

Much obliged. I have done the same for you.

--EDIT--
Dark Soul, your request is completed. Here it is!

shinymightyena.png

It was a lot of fun to make.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
William Andrews said:
My most recent work, featuring Tearnai's Pokemon. I really need tips on how to draw Eevees...

I struggle with Eevee. I think it's the eyes :V

Anyway, nice style. I especially love that little Cyndaquil in the picture with Eevee. Such a cute little pose ^___^

I look forward to seeing more! The request you did for DS has some really nice lineart :up:

That is beautiful! Especially the coloring is very pretty indeed. Thank you for taking the time to create this, and I will definitely use this as my banner.

Thanks Magpie, I'm glad you like. And thanks for the tip, though I'm actually worried it's more the shape of her head... Ah, I'll just look into that with a reference from the Pokedex.

I'm glad you like it, Dark Soul. ^^

I've returned from my trip with something to add to my small gallery here!

sarenae.png

After a bit of training and "R-and-R" I came up with this picture of Sarenae. I'd greatly apreciate a critique here. :)