• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Wild West RP

An idea I've had for a little while is a pokemon RP in a wild west setting. It would take place in a early-settlement era of Orre or somewhere similar.This may even take place far enough in the past to preceed pokeballs. I even had ideas for a special, "quick-draw" style of pokemon battles. Just one-on-one battles, but there are essentially no rules and no warning of the battle starting. It's just whomever reacts first and gets their pokemon to attack first.

The problem is, I'm having trouble thinking of a concrete plot. The closest I've got is something involving some outlaw who is now running the frontier town of Phenac, and a random group out to get him or being hunted themselves.

If anyone has some ideas they'd like to contribute, I'd absolutely love to hear them.

It's an interesting idea and I would be interested in participating in it, it would be fun to work Pokemon into that sort of setting. You could have the plot be something general for westerns, some sort of bounty hunter group or group of marshals out to get such and such. Town rampant with lawlessness like something from Red Dead Redemption. Old timey Team Rocket? xD

but in all seriousness, I'm not sure where to take a plot for a Pokemon RP set in the old west, mostly because my knowledge of the old west comes from Tombstone, Young Guns, True Grit, Pale Rider and Red Dead, so I'm afraid I won't be much help to you for something astonishingly original.

Ooooh, this is something I would be interested in. Orre isn't given enough attention. Colosseum has by far the most mature themes of any Pokemon game, and has fantastic environments, so there is potential there. Colour me interested~

Glad to see this draw a little interest finally!

@Chadwyk: Don't wory to much about making this like red dead or something similar. I want this to be similar to other westerns, that's kinda the point.

As for plot Chad has given me a bit more in the way of ideas. A small group of bounty hunters and general law men arrive in town chasing after an outlaw. However, the town is full of cut throats who have been bought off by the outlaw, perhaps even one of the bounty hunters who come into town?

Also a few random ideas have me dying to try this now. A person riding into town on a ponyta, a person using a remoraid as a gun, a stampede of Bouffalant etc.