• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's you Favorite Movie(s)

Hi everyone. So what's your favorite movie(s)? I could be a old one a new one doesn't matter as long as it's a movie. :D

Well my favorite movies are Grease and all the Pirates of the Caribbean so far. ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I really never know how to answer this question anymore... Some favourites that come to mind are Serenity, the 8th Pokemon movie, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Twelve Monkeys, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, a horde of Disney and Pixar movies (far too many to list)... and that's good as far as favourites go.

Still, I love a lot of movies. Just not sure where to rank them all...

Bah, I'll just go easy on myself right now and go with Indianna Jones and the Last Crusade. And then a buttload of Disney movies, and Road to El Darado is one I love too. More later maybe.
As far as my childhood goes, nothing is more emotional, life-changing or filled with awesome dinosaurs eating other dinosaurs as Jurassic Park and Land Before Time. :B
lol, how true. I remember watching JP as like a horror movie when I was five. My mom let me watch a lot of crazy stuff, like JP and the Indianna Jones Trilogy, although we didn't have Temple of Doom. And she made me close my eyes when they opened the Arc in Raiders...XD​

Oh, favourite movies? I'd have to say Waltz With Bashir, that was a very well animated and moving tale, especially the footage at the end (which came from the site of the massacre); Ghost in the Shell, the first movie from the early nineties, I find the story and, again, the animation to be fanatastic. The same I say of the original Akira, though the giant mutating baby scene freaks me out.

Obviously 300, Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead get a mention because they're fun. I also feel the need to watch some more Sergio Leone films. Spaghetti westerns :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'll go with my top five, then list any that I feel deserve mention. These five aren't in a particular order, I love them all.

Dances with Wolves
Dragonheart
Gladiator
Donnie Darko

All brilliant films, be it for story, content or awesome cinematography. Dances with Wolves is just a beautiful, with great acting and a wonderful story. Dragonheart was my favourite childhood movie, and I still love it for showing Dragon's in a good light. Gladiator is just epic. I studied 300 for a project on my Design Course at Uni, and I must say it's one of the most beautifully shot films I've seen. It's just a perfect film. Donnie Darko is a weird one, but I loves it no the less. I first saw it when I was really ill in bed, and mum rented it for me because her sister had said it was really good. Through my half-asleep, very foggy mind I understood the film perfectly, everything made complete sense. When I watched it when I was better, it confused me to no end. I guess the mind has to be in a dark place to get that movie XD

Films worth mention ~

Jurassic Park
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Princess Mononoke
Watership Down - although it isn't a patch on the book
Numerous Disney and pixar movies
Ice age 1 + 2

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Donnie Darko

Was waiting for someone to mention that one. Last time this topic was asked a huge amount of people mentioned it and FF7: Advent Children, lol. Both are movies I enjoy as well ^^

Dragonheart always seems to pop up, too, which I highly approve of. I haven't watched the movie in ages even though I bought it on DVD within the past 2-3 years. I'll have to make a point to view it again sometime soon... Thanks for the reminder XD

As far as my childhood goes, nothing is more emotional, life-changing or filled with awesome dinosaurs eating other dinosaurs as Jurassic Park and Land Before Time. :B

Recent choice movies would probably be Amelie and Stranger than Fiction. Another fancy artsy mvie coming to mind is MirrorMask.

Recent choice movies would probably be Amelie and Stranger than Fiction. Another fancy artsy mvie coming to mind is MirrorMask.
I love Jurassic Park. The first time I saw it was by accident, but then I fell in love with the movie. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Sweet Mother of the Gods, I forgot Jurassic Park! *Runs to edit her post*
That T-Rex is like my idol XD

Dragonheart always seems to pop up, too, which I highly approve of. I haven't watched the movie in ages even though I bought it on DVD within the past 2-3 years. I'll have to make a point to view it again sometime soon... Thanks for the reminder XD

I got it on DVD last Christmas off my little Brother. I was still watching the VHS every now and then XD

Oh dear lord where do I start?

whole slew of good ones to choose from but I guess I should keep it to only a large handful:

Jurassic Park (classic dino movie)
Hot Fuzz
Shaun of the Dead
Matrix trilogy (mostly due to the fact that they show you the possibilities more than anything within a virtual environment)
Fifth Element
The Princess Bride (absolute classic)
Gladiator
The Incredibles (quite possibly the best Pixar movie EVAH!)
Serenity (just for the sheer fact it is Firefly made in movie form ^^)
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Transformers: The Movie (due to the fact it was in itself a movie made from one of my favorite cartoons)
Eurotrip
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Pokemon movie 8 (because it really was possibly the best one :3)

Nobody said it had to be a movie in theatre so...

Giratina and the Sky warrior
Avatar: The Last Airbender- Sozin's comet (Cuz it rocks)
Twilight (What did you expect...?)
Kunf Fu Panda (...XD)

Serenity
The Departed
Scarface
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Ocean's 11 (1960 and 2001 versions)
Italian Job (1969 and 2003 versions)
Shaun of the Dead
Shattered Glass
Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day