• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Whatever You Choose

"We were here before, but had a bad run-in with some people who wanted us dead and had to leave," Jason said, not going into all the details.

"And yes, we are here for the league, and we are both using our island teams if we end up battling you, just for the fun of it," Kaleb said. "They will be happy to see another person from the island again."

Halt grinned at the island mention. "I'm keeping it fair throughout, but I might use a few from there." He said, and turned the computer around. Porygon-Z spun to life. "Digital pokemon are all the rage these days." He said, in a joke. On the screen popped up a message. 'Do you want to play? Y/N' Porygon-Z pointed to the message, hoping for a Y response.

Kaleb looked into his PC to select Pokémon for his first battle. He could choose from Pangoro, Pikachu, Pidgeot, Aggron, Charizard, Torterra, Ninjask, Drapion, Gigalith, Poliwrath, Scizor, Swampert, Avalugg, Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Starmie, Infernape, Gliscor, Buizel, Glalie, Froslass, Electivire, Venusaur, Gastrodon, and Staraptor. He decided on Pangoro, Charizard, Torterra, Scizor, Infernape, and Lycanroc for his first match, which was against a guy named Cameron.

Meanwhile, Jason decided he would use his usual team for his match against a guy named Todd. He watched Halt as he played chess on the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Layla Maxwell
Appearance: long brown hair that is kept up in a ponytail. A braided lock of hair on the side of her face with a bell attached to it. Navy blue sleeveless shirt that expose her stomach with a black jacket. A pair of light blue shorts with black flames.
Hometown: Blackthorn City, Johto
Personality: Calm, cool, Polite.
Dream: to become a strong Trainer like her father.
Pokemon: Salamence her signature, Dragonair, Alolan Ninetales, Lycanroc Dusk form, Gyarados, Eevee.

Layla woke up to her Eevee licking her face. She stretched as she laid on her Salamence. She gotten her fourth badge and was on her journey. Her poke gear started ringing. It was her father Lance the Champion. She is the daughter of Lyra and Lance. Growing up, she always watched her father battled and aspires to be a strong trainer. She received special training in by the Dragon Elder who she spent years of training with. She studied abroad in Alola so she has variety of Pokemon.

The same man from Courier town was awaiting the Poke League. It had been so long since he had been back in Sinnoh, in another life. He shook himself of his memories and looked to see who his first opponent was

"Layla how is your journey?" Her father asked. "I am doing well Dad. Have you been coming home to see Mom often?" Her father is very busy so her mother who works as Clair's assistant stays home. "I have been. You following your training." He asked. She said yes. He told her to remember her training and be a good trainer. He hung up. Layla got ready for the day.

She looked at the dragon fang necklace. "I will get strong Dad. Just you wait." Eevee who Layla decided not to Evolve jumped on her shoulder. "Lets go Eevee, Salamence!" They happily left

When the Pokémon League was announced to be officially open, Kaleb and Jason dashed in and asked which matches were first.

The lady told them that the first match would be between Halt and another trainer, and the next between Jason and Todd, and then Kaleb and Cameron, followed by matches between people they didn't know, such as James, Pete, Joey, and Bob.

Kaleb and Jason headed for the stands to watch Halt's match. Kaleb was intent on seeing what his new Pokémon were, and Jason just wanted to watch the battle.

The man in the cloak decided to watch as well. He nodded in greeting to Kaleb and Jason " it's been awhile hasn't it? I havent competed in a Pokemon league in so long"

Kaleb recognized the man.

"Jason here was the previous victor of the Kalos league," he said. "We are here to watch our friend, Halt, battle."

Jason nodded excitedly. He couldn't wait for the league to start.

The man nodded” I believe that my match is after his, if I remember correctly. Maybe we’ll get matched up sometime “

Last edited:
Halt saw that his name was on the first battle, like always. Sighing, he stepped onto the battlefield. Large smoke clouds blasted behind him, with flames arching around. He unclipped a pokeball from his side, and held it loosely. His mind was set on battling, ignoring all distractions. (I battle without commands against NPCs) He saw how his opponent sent out a Staraptor, Halt knew his choice was good. The arena floor had changed to a city landscape, so Halt tosses out his pokemon. Porygon-Z landed on the field. He blasted out a discharge, hitting all the terrain around him. The bird was able to dodge most attacks, but still was hit by one jolt. PorygonZ then charged up a thunderbolt, and launched it at the bird. As it had just started to fall, the Thunderbolt had hit dead on. When the Staraptor landed, it was clear it had fainted. To Halt though, the cheering was silence. He couldn't afford any distractions. (I'm not doing all the battles, only the first and last if that's alright?)

(That's fine, i myself was gonna do them all, but however many you want is fine.)

Kaleb clapped and Jason cheered. "He has gotten a great deal stronger since the island," Kaleb said.

"Wonder what Pokémon he will be up against next," Jason said.

As Isaac finally landed, he heard the cheers and blasts of battle. Electricity was arching around the sky as he flew in. "I'm finally back." he said as he returned his Noivern to her pokeball.

Halt stood, Lucario before him. He was only his second pokemon, being how Lucario took down two himself. The opponent was now an Abomasnow. Lucario launched forward at an unrivalled speed so far. He launched forward using Circle Throw and launching the big pokemon into the air. While in the air, it tried to use Blizzard at Lucario. Lucario reached up with his hands, and a blue aura formed before him. The blizzard was split, causing it to completely miss. When the attack wore off, Lucario lept the form and fired off a Flash Cannon. The attack hit the Abomasnow, the white light enveloped around it, expanding around the entire arena. When the light wore off, the Abomasnow has fainted.

Kaleb clapped again as Halt wiped out another member of the opponent's team. Jason had gone to get a closer seat to the battle.

"Man, he really loves battles," Kaleb said. "Wonder which of us would win if we battled."

Kaleb counted the Pokémon he had for the championship once again. He was keeping the team he had, but he would be switching team members in and out each battle.

Name: Dimitrij
Appearance: Dark leather coat and black trousers. Silver watch on left wrist. Short dark blonde hair and survival knife in pocket
Personality: Friendly, brave and compassionate but always ready to defend his friends
Hometown: Nirsk, Arstotzka
Pokémon on hand: Pidgeot, Magikarp
Goals/Ambitions: To become a famous trainer

Dimitrij lived in a communist country - Arstotzka. In this country there weren't any gyms or places for Pokemon battles. He completed school and passed the final exam early. In Arstotzka people go to work at age of 17. The conditions in his work were horrible. Working from 6:00 to 21:00 frightened him, so he managed do escape this country. A mysterious group called EZIC helped him. He was near the border, but he got spotted by Arstotzkan guards. Then, in the nick of time, his Pokemon (Dratini, Natu and Poochyena) got out of their Pokeballs and distracted these guards, covering Dimitrij's escape. He eventually escaped but he left his best Pokemon. He successfully got out with Pidgeotto (which evolved to Pidgeot) and Magikarp. After long time, he finally traveled to Sinnoh. He bought a small house in there. Freedom never felt so good.

Last edited:
Jason was watching Halt's battle when his Pokétch blinked. His battle was going to start. He quickly selected a team and ran to the field. His opponent sent out Krookodile, and he sent out Kommo-o.

Kaleb watched both battles, Halt's in person and Jason's from his phone. He watched as Kommo-o defeated Krookodile, Blissey defeated Kommo-o, Slaking defeated Blissey, and Hitmonlee defeated Slaking.

Jason sent out Slowbro. Slowbro managed to defeat Hitmonlee and Poliwrath, but lost to Espeon, which also managed to defeat his Magnezone. It was then Umbreon vs Espeon. After a long battle, Umbreon was worn out, but Espeon was the one who had fainted. Umbreon lost its next battle to Cloyster. Sceptile was Jason's last Pokémon.

Sceptile had a clear disadvantage, but that didn't discourage Jason. He lead off with a series of Leaf Blades, followed by a Solar Beam. While Sceptile was recharging, he was hit with an Icicle Spear, but he retaliated with more Leaf Blades. He hit it with Leaf Storm, but was hit by Ice Beam. Ice Beam and Solar Beam then collided, and the arena was filled with smoke.

When the smoke cleared, Sceptile was barely standing, but Cloyster was inside its shell. Sceptile repeatedly smacked the shell with Leaf Blade until it cracked. It opened, and Cloyster had fainted. Jason won the battle.

(Idk how far I should come in but here is mine)

Name: JC

Appearance: Long dark brown hair passed the shoulder with blue eyes along with a bang that covers the right of her eye and wears black glasses with blue printed rings just on the right side, wears a black fedora hat tilted slightly down a bit along with a black tank top that is covered with a Black and Blue Flannel shirt (look it up if you don't know what that is please), Black half leg pants with black flats with the laces that wrap around her ankle. Also with a rubic gold cube with only the middle of each side black around her neck that was given to her by a friend back in Unova before she left with a black bracelet around her wrist with an Umbreon and Silvally charm attached to it. Has the ability to understand Pokemon.

Personality: Quite distant to others, Often not talkative but talks when she wants to, Takes her battling very seriously, Sweet, Looks out for her friends more then herself, keeps Blue mostly out of her Pokeball

Hometown: Alola, Hau'oli Outskirts, Route 1

Pokémon on hand: Umbreon(Blue)(Shiny)(Female), Primarina(Female), Lycanroc(Midday)(Female), Serperior(Rosa)(Female), Absol(Abby)(Female), Flygon(Female)

Goals/Ambitions: To become an experienced Pokemon Trainer Strategist,

Name: Voler
Appearance: 6 foot tall, short brown hair, always looking formal.
Personality: Simply evil. No word suits him better.
Hometown: Pallet Town, Kanto
Pokemon on hand: Gengar, Dusclops, Misdreavous
Goals/Ambitions: To destroy the gyms in sinnoh. Including the league!

Voler had seen the battle, Including the victory Jason had made. He thought he'd be strong.
"Wow..." Voler Thought. "I wish I could be like that..." "Oh wait, I am!" "haha..." He could'nt wait to destroy the gyms, league, win battles and people would call him ultimate!

Isaac walked into the arena and saw Kaleb sitting there watching the amazing battle. He tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, long time no see, Kaleb." The battles were intense. A Sceptile rapidly attacking a Cloyster with Leaf Blade until it fainted. Isaac would be destroyed if he saw his Empoleon getting attacked like that.

She had her hat slightly down keeping a distant from everybody as Blue her partner walked beside her eyes closed aware of her surroundings. She had earned her seventh gym badge without any trouble as she takes her battling very seriously and her stragety is very unpredictable. Shs pass by a group of trainers without a word along with two other trainers that she didn't pay mind too as she was on her way to the Pokemon center to heal up after the battle. She could hear the attitude of a certain male trainer as that agitated her a lot so decided to ignore it and also hated trainers that was plain evil with no respect at all "-tsk pathetic I should say-" she said in thought as Blue heard it giving her an eye gesture "Bre.." before closing her eyes again walking along beside her.-

"Hey Isaac," Kaleb said. "Jason just won his first battle, and our old friend Halt is in the ring right now."

"Shoot, gotta go!" he said as he realized his battle was in five minutes. He selected Pangoro, Charizard, Torterra, Lycanroc, Scizor, and Infernape, and dashed to the arena. He congratulated Jason, who was on his way out, but he turned around to watch Kaleb battle.

"Now where's that boy going?" Voler asked himself. "I guess It's fine anyway, I am the best after all." He took a look at Kaleb. "He looks strong too" He murmured under his breath, now looking with a sinister smile.

Name: Luka Martin
Appearance: 5'3. Dark skin, brown eyes, long black hair. Wearing a black and white striped top, a white pencil skirt, and black stiletto heels. Very fashionable, with an extensive wardrobe
Personality: Introverted, but fakes extroversion when necessary. Intelligent, but impatient, often rushing into things.
Hometown: Gateon Port, Orre
Pokémon on hand: Ruby (Fennekin)
Goals/Ambitions: To run a successful blog based around Pokemon battling and training

Luka looked up at the large stadium from behind her sunglasses. She could hear the sounds of battle coming from inside, and saw crowds gathering at the entrance.

"A tournament, hun?" she said to herself, approaching the entrance. "Should make for some good material."

She walked into the Pokemon Center as she placed her Pokeballs and Blue on the rolling cart as Chansey pulled them to the back. After a while Chasney came out with her Pokemon all healed as Blue leaped into her arms giving a smile. "Umbre?" "All better Blue good now we have to prepare for my last gym badge but not just yet" She grabbed her Pokeballs and put them away then walked out of the Pokemon Center Blue beside her as she went to a more open field with flowers then grabbed a leaf and started playing a melody tune on it as Blue closed her eyes giving a wide smile "Bre!?".-

"Wow...." Voler said to himself. "The league is incredible, too bad i have to knock it down..." "Haha..." "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" He shouted as he walked off to his wrecking ball. He thought what he was doing was right. He thought it was right without a second thought.

It's sooo warm here. I remember those cold winters in Arstotzka. Schools were closed, farmlands were frozen... - Dimitrij said to himself as he continued to walk around the city.
Wait... What's that noise? - he said. Then Dimitrij realized that somebody is going to destroy a gym. Then he hid near a building and waited for a perfect moment to make a move.

#OOC
I'm glad that someone actually revived this RP. Thank you :-)

She huffed as she heard the loud sound seeing it was a gym about to be destroyed as without hesitation walked up to see a tall male as she glared slightly passing the male that was hiding "If you think I'm just going to stand by and watch you destroy this gym without allowing other Pokemon trainers to battle it then you are mistaken! Its quite pathetic that a weak trainer like you has to ruin the opportunity for other Pokemon trainers!" She said moving her hat slightly down."Umbre?!" Blue glared at the male with her stern gold eyes as she stood tall with determination without fear.-

Kaleb sent out Torterra, and the opponent sent out Relicanth. Torterra hit it with Energy Ball, and followed up with Earthquake. Relicanth tried to use Yawn, but Torterra used another Energy Ball, and Relicanth was out.

Next was Talonflame. Torterra used Stone Edge, hitting Talonflame with massive damage, and then another, dropping Talonflame's health very low, but it used Flare Blitz. Smoke enveloped the arena. When it cleared, both had fainted. Kaleb sent out Infernape, and the opponent sent out Flygon. Infernape used Dig, and Flygon waited, but Infernape came up behind it, hitting it with Dig, and came back down, knocking it down to the ground with Mach Punch and taking it out of the battle.

Halt watched from the sidelines of the battle. He had won his with only one faint. "Might want to cover his Infernapes blind point after a dig." He mumbled to himself, knowing that he would probably fight Kaleb later.

Luka picked her way through the crowds and found a spot to observe the battles from. One seemed to have just ended, so she got comfortable and prepared to take some photos of the next battle.

Volers eyes turned vicious "ME, WEAK!?!?!?" He screamed, echos flying through the stadium. "I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS!!!!!! YOU WILL BE CRUSHED!!! JUST LIKE THIS GYM!!! I WILL SEND YOU FLYING HIGHER THAN TEAM ROCKET AND DESTROY THIS PLACE!!!!!!"

Last edited:
She snickered "You destroy me how pathetic you would be getting your Pokemon hurt for no reason what so ever so you have no chance against me but then again why would I waste my time battling with a weak one like you" shs crossed her arms "Pathetic!" She said to the male again "Umbreon!" Blue agreed as it would be a waste of time just to battle him and wasn't going to allow this to happen.-

Kaleb had knocked out three Pokémon, and his opponent only one. Infernape fell to Golem, but Scizor made quick work of it, and also finished off the Muk before losing to Greninja.

Kaleb lost both Lycanroc and Charizard soon, and had only Pangoro left. It was a battle of Bullet Punches, Water Shurikens, Paybacks, Hydro Pumps, and many other moves. Near the end of the battle, Hydro Pump and Payback collided. When the smoke cleared, it was revealed that Pangoro used Endure.

He stumbled, but didn't fall. Greninja fell, and the damage was too much. Kaleb had won.

He healed his Pokémon after the match and met up with Jason. They went to look for Isaac, but saw what was going on near the gym, and ran over towards the havoc.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Kaleb yelled at him. 'We better not be getting into this mess again,' he thought to himself.

"You don't wanna do that, buddy," Jason said. "You're going to have to battle me, and I'm the Kalos league champion."

"It's true. I watched all his battles," Kaleb said. "Back off now. You don't want a 3-on-1 battle, do you? Jason and I have full teams of six, and she probably does, too."

"Okay, that guy is nuts," Kaleb said as he ran off. "I'm Kaleb," he said to JC.

"I'm Jason," Jason said. His Umbreon jumped out of his ball, and, upon seeing Blue, ran up to her and started trying to play.

(Was the smoke bomb a reference to Ivor in Season 2 Episode 4?)

(Magic: The Gathering reference)

Jason chuckled as Umbreon jumped forward. Kaleb checked his PC and selected a new team for his next match: Pangoro, Charizard, Torterra, Infernape, Avalugg, and Starmie.

Jason looked in the direction Voler ran. "Where d'you think he ran off to?" he asked Kaleb and JC.

"Kinda reminds me of Zachariah," Kaleb said. He saw the confused look on Jason's face and explained who Zachariah was.

"Yeah, does kinda sound like that guy," he said, when Kaleb was done. "Well, meet the rest of our teams."

They both let out their other Pokémon, Pangoro, Charizard, Torterra, Infernape, Starmie, Avalugg, Magnezone, Slowbro, Sceptile, Slaking, and Kommo-o.

Halt walked away from the field. His battle wasn't until later, so he went through his pokemon list. Porygon-Z set up battle simulations for each trainer who won, and gave him the best team for the battle. Leaving the pokemon to do its work in the PC, Halt sat around the Pokecenter.

- Phew, that was a close call! One more second and the gym could be destroyed. - Dimitrij said.
- And I see that criminal activity isn't something new in this region. - He said to himself and smiled. He headed to a shop but then, Dimitrij saw an Eevee running around. It was very anxious and probably lost its owner.
Don't move... Calm down... - Dimitrij said as he was getting closer to the Eevee. Suddenly he tried to jump and catch it but Eevee managed to escape.
- Pidgeot! Go get it! - he shouted
- Pidgeot! - his Pokémon instantly got out of his Pokéball and chased the Eevee.
It was a long pursuit but then, Pidgeot hit a tree and fainted
- Oh no! Pidgeot are you OK? There's no time to think, go Magikarp! - Dimitrij said. Magikarp was very suprised by Dimitrij's decison, but he eventually used Tackle on the exhausted Eevee. The wild Eevee fainted.
- Yes! You did it Magikarp! I always know you can do- - Magikarp started to shine. Then, it evolved to Gyarados.
- Wait.. is this a Gyarados!? Dimitrij realized that his Magikarp really evolved! Dimitrij may lost the opportunity to catch an Eevee but instead he got a Gyarados!
- What a great day! - he said and then he went to Pokécenter to heal his Pidgeot

(OOC Yo its been so long! also this rp is revived thanks to me! BIC)
Voler came out of his lab to see Kaleb, JC and Jason. "Well, well, well..." he murmered. "You, weaklings, trying to beat me..... Look behind you." Little did they know there was a faint sound of crashing. Voler's Gengar had hit the gym with 5 shadow balls in a row. The gym was collapsing. "You're too late. Hehe... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

She saw the gym collapsing as she tsked "Blue! Quick use Psychic!" She commanded as she stopped playing with his Umbreon and leaped over the guy using Psychic on the collapsing gym. She threw out Primarina's Pokeball "Primarina Moonblast on Gender!" "Rina!". She unleashed her Moonblast at the Genger as it was badly hit as it hit the ground weakly. "Why! Why are you taking down gyms!?" She asked sternly as she could see the other two male trainers just behind as his Umbreon wanted to help Blue. "Stay strong Blue!" "Umbreeeee!"Blue strengthened her Psychic much more determined to keep the collapsing gym up. "JC is what you can call me" she said having determination in her eyes but also anger.-