• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What now?

Say you've just beaten the elite four and the pokemon master of the reigon you're in, the credits end, you're back at your house. So what do you do now? Try to collect all the pokemon, train you ultimate team or something else?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
When I finish the game I usually will do the post game things and collect and train whatever various Pokemon I have not previously gotten/could not get. Nowadays, though, I will train various Pokemon for the metagame and battle others competitively. Really all that I do with my SoulSilver (the only game that I have not erased and abandoned halfway through a new playthrough) is breed and train Pokemon, and battle others on Wifi. Occasionally I will hit up the Battle Frontier, but that's mainly to try out some new Pokemon that I have trained or to get more points for the Move Tutors.

I often create my own little goals, like getting all the Eeveeloutions to level fifty or completing the Sinnoh dex. In Platinum, my goal was to buy all the pieces of Villa furniture I could. :p Frivolous, yeah, but fun.

Well, as Red said, I catch all post game legendaries I can, or go through any events left over that I can find. Then I try and find/train a Pokemon I want, such as Trapinch and evolving it into Flygon, or trading Rhydon and evolving it into Rhyperior.

Anyway, other than evolve, train, or hatch Pokemon, I just wait for wifi events to show up. However, when something like a new game is on the horizon, I'll just wait for it to come out before touching my DS, like around 4 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Agreed with Red and Doubled. Most all of the games these days have some sort of post-Elite 4 extras or side-plots, so I'll complete all of those first. I'll also strive to catch all of the optional legendaries, but usually only on the first game that I play within each generation. After that it's item hunting around the region, exploration, and doing stuff like the Battle Frontier. ♥

I also train Pokemon competitively, but it's so sporadic over the course of each generation that it's not really worth mentioning.

Completing my PokeDex usually comes last, and that's only on one of my games per gen. It's an on-going activity that I don't really rush to complete.

Depends what there is to do, really. Usually, I'll leave completing the Pokedex as a side process. If I do it, yay, if not, whatever. Most of the time, I'll just run around and train backup teams.

Except for in Platinum, I unlocked a bunch of items for my swanky, swanky villa, and then ran around the Underground like a goon |D