• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join We’ve Been Ruined

We’ve Been Ruined is set in a place unknown. It is a warehouse filled with humans, but one look at them shows that there has been a dark craft presented upon them.

Day by day, these humans- children, even, under the age of 16- are slowly being transformed into Pokémon. All they can do is hope to escape.

LINK TO SIGN UP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/weve-been-ruined-discussion-thread.18457/

Axel’s headband hurt, and his vision swam as he slowly fluttered open his eyes. This place had a strange, eerie feel... and he knew there were others around, he just want sure where exactly they were.

It was empty apart from the humans scattered around, save for maybe a few boxes. But it was too dark to really see anything.

“Hello!? Is anyone there?”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Kai heard the cries of another human as he woke up. "I hear you! Where are you?" He yelled. He wasn't quite sure where he was, he didn't remember going here, or wanting to go here. Where was he? It was very dark, and even Kai, who was brave, thought this place was a bit spooky. He tripped on a box trying to walk over to where the noises he heard where.

It was the voice of another boy- around the same age, perhaps older, than Axel himself. It was still very, very dark, but Axel could just about make out the figure that was calling out for him.

"Ah... I don't know! Just... make some noise, and I'll try to find my way over to you!!" Axel said. He began to shuffle forward to where he thought he heard the other's voice.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uh... Okay! I'm over here!" Kai shuffled towards the voice until Kai could actually see the boy, but Kai couldn't make out what the boy looked like. "Uh... Where the heck are we?" Kai was very confused. "Who are you?" Kai asked as he bumped into a box.

He eventually got close enough to the other so he could see him, which was... encouraging, to say the least. A crooked smile adorned Axel's lips. "I'm... I'm Axel. And... I don't know where we are either." He sighed. The boy had brown hair and rather pale skin, as far as Axel could tell.

"Hey, what's your name, handsome?" Axel murmured, nick naming the other handsome as he did with everyone of both genders- it was a habit, really.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"My name's Kai and..." Upon hearing Axel calling him handsome, "Excuse me?" Kai was shocked, and kind of appalled. He tried to ignore that. All of a sudden, Kai could notice that he could see a lot better. Almost as if the room got lighter. He could better see the blonde hair, and blue eyes of Axel. "Strange." Kai thought.

(sorry axel has yellow eyes- contacts)

Upon realising what he had said, Axel shook his head. "Oh, f-Arceus, sorry, it's habit..." Axel too found his eyesight starting to adjust to the darkness, and he could better see Kai- he had brown hair, just as he'd thought.

Damnit, how the hell were they gonna get out of here. "I'm assuming that you too have no idea why we're- OUCH!" the boy cried out, clutching his arm as a searing pain ran up it.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I don't think it's a good thing to call everyone 'Handsome.'" He stated, as his vision started to get even better, something was happening, other than Kai's eyes adjusting to the darkness, as Kai could see quite clearly now.

"What happened?" Kai asked after hearing Axel's cries of pain.

"My arm..." He said, wincing. "It's just hurting for no reason..." Axel audibly gasped, and then the pain just stopped. He furrowed his eyebrows, curious as to what just happened.

"Weird," he stated. "That was agony, but there's not even a mark. The pain just went like that." He snapped his fingers.

How utterly peculiar.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Something strange is going on in this place..." Kai responded. He could now see as if the room was fully lit. He could see every part of Axel. Kai's arm started to hurt as well, but it was mostly his fingers and toes. How strange.

Ace mumbed. He stayed quiet, after the two other males continued to have their conversation. As the room started to get lighter, Ace hummed, thinking of Oprah music as the lights slowly lit. He did stay silent to the two strangers. He heard words like 'Handsome', which deeply concerned him. "Where am I, and are these two gonna make out or something," he thought to himself. He grabbed a box around his size and plopped it over his head, just in case they were, he couldn't see.

"Definitely. I have no memory of how I got here, and-"

Suddenly there was the distinct shuffle of boxes, and Axel noticed movement in the back of the room. "What the- hey! Who's there?" He hissed, trying to sound as menacing as possible.

To make matters worse, his eyes started to adjust very well, and he could see the majority of his surroundings, now- Axel looked around- there were boxes, there were cages, and there were people everywhere, lying on the floor and on shelves and everywhere they could get.

"Just ignore me," Ace yelled though the boxes. He opened the small slit in the box where people would put their fingers though, string though it. "Just continue, while I make a box fort or something," he sighed, looking around at the other boxes. "I could make a pretty bug box fort now that I think about it," he thought to himself.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Kai was surprised as some of the farther away things faded from his view. He too noticed the shuffling of boxes. He tried to look for a door, but any place a door would be, was too far away, and faded from Kai's vision. Kai could still see a lot though. What he couldn't see, was the fact that the white part of his eyes started to yellow. "This is very strange..." Kai contemplated what could be happening.

"Do you know what's going on?" Axel said, getting slightly exasperate day the other's lack of cooperation. "Come on, man! You gotta help us out!"

Suddenly, there was the distinct sound of shouting outside, and the clanging of metal as the door was being unlocked. The lights suddenly came on, and that's when the blond boy whisper-shouted, "Hide!"

A/N your character can try to escape, but there's an invisible electric fence that separates the exit from the rest of the warehouse, so the creatures can be observed.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"What? I don't see anything." Kai couldn't see the door, it was too far away. He didn't feel like he needed to hide. So he stay put. His hands started to hurt a lot, and they seemed to be a lot lighter in colour than normal. EVEN MORE STRANGE.

"Kai, the lights! They're on! There's people coming!" Axel whisper-shouted again, motioning for the other to play dead with him. The blonde boy looked down at his arms, and his arm hair seemed to have a very strange orange tint to them; curious, indeed- though he was a bit more worried about the impending danger than dyed arm hair.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"But I thought the lights were already on... And I don't see anybody coming..." Kai was now wondering if Axel was pranking him. Kai also wondered if more people coming would be dangerous. He noticed that most of the hair on his legs was disappearing, his arms and legs felt really smooth now. Kai started to think that this was the worst bad dream ever, but it was no bad dream.

"Can't you hear them? Your eyes just adjusted, dude, the lights are on! They're-" Axel was indeed quite frantic, but cut himself off by a searing pain in his arm. A blue, spongy-yet-hard oval bump- albeit a small one- had appeared on his arm. He looked at it in horror. "What the hell is this!?"

The door was still being unlocked- they didn't have much time.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Kai didn't get why he would have to hide if another person was coming, but since Axel was nudging him so much about it, he hid. He looked at his fingers, which didn't hurt, but they were... white! Next, his teeth started to hurt. "What's next..." Kai wondered, as he noticed his arms starting to appear to have a blue-ish tint to them.

The door then opened, and a bunch of men- with guns, to boot- all gathered round the invisible electric fence. The door was wide open. Panicked, Axel played dead.

"Look! One of 'em's already changing!" A older man chuckled, a malicious tone in his voice.

"Why won't any of these useless children wake up!?" Another cronie growled, talking the gun and shooting it into the air.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Kai, who was brave, suddenly wasn't anymore, and hid even more. What was this going on. Kai stayed silent, his heart pounding, and his breathing was shallow. Upon hearing the gun, he feared the safety of his life, and started to cry. He noticed that his nose was more rounded, and white...

And then he felt smaller. A lot smaller. He looked at his arms. They were skinnier, smooth and blue, and he looked at his hands and toes. He only had three fingers per hand, and only two toes per foot. He was even more scared. He was changing. In a very creepy way...

Last edited: