• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Welcome, to Poke-Paradise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trainer, Is your trusty Charizard too tired to set foot in another gym? Is Glameow fed up with appeals and judges? Has your Maractus danced one too many musicals? It may be time for a vacation! Bring your pokemon to Poke-Paradise, a massive, human-free resort built specifically for pokemon. Trainers, you can rest easy letting your pokemon roam free as they are constantly supervised by our own highly capable pokemon staff. Even baby pokemon will be perfectly safe in our excellent daycare. Now here is our official spokes-Gardevoir, Layla!
<Hi there! I can tell, you need a vacation. No matter what your type, Poke-Paradise is tooled to fit your needs. Fierce fire type? Let off some steam at Blistering Bluff. Cool Ice type? Chill out in Crystallized Caverns. Why leave the decision soley up to your trainer? It is your vacation after all. We hope to see you soon!>

Layla would you mind giving everyone a brief tour?
<Sure! The many areas in pokemon paradise are:>

Blistering Bluff- A hot and steamy cliff near the bottom off the mountain in the center of the resort. Steam vents and lava pools make it perfect for fire types. There is also a hot spring to help non-fire types unwind.

Crystallized Caverns- A frozen and icy cave below the mountain. Sheets of ice and low tempratures are perfect for ice pokemon.

Aspiring Altitudes- A small forest high on the mountain. Trees are spread far apart with long limbs. There are plenty of rocky crags as well. A perfect roost for flying pokemon.

Mellow meadows- Wide open spaces and nice tall grass. If you want a place to run or just relax this is your spot.

Rugged Ravine- A rough crag filled with tough terrain. Rock out-crops and caves make a perfect place for you rough-and-tumble types.

Crystal Coast- A large and lazy river flows into this massive, artificial lake. Perfectly deep enough for any water pokemon. Not a water pokemon? Enjoy yourself on the shallow beach for a quick cooldown.

Simmering Sands- A vast expanse of sand, but not much else. Sandstorms can be whipped up easily here. Perfect for those of you that enjoy the desert.

Freewheel Forest- A dark secluded forest located a ways from the excitement of the center of Poke-Paradise. For you shy grass and bug-types this might be perfect for you.

Crevice cave- Another cave below the moutain. Almost no light can make it's way down here. For those of you who like the dark, or are just nocturnal, this might suit your nightlife.

Tussle Turf-Relaxing not your idea of...well, relaxing? Well head for tussle turf! A racetrack, an obstacle course, a battlefield and all kinds of ways to compete. If laying around isn't your thing, maybe a workout is!

Swalot's dream(A.K.A Digestion's Nightmare)- A massive grove of berry trees feeds our own restaraunt. Even human made foods like poffins ,apricorn smoothies and poke-blocks are no problem. Our chefs can cook it up no problem!

<Don't forget the golden rule:Unless your in tussle turf, no fighting!>

I've decided to try something a little different. Since most PRP's normally focus on the trainers I thought it might be fun to switch the focus onto the pokemon. Poke-Paradise was heavily based on the pokemon park in "Pikachu's Vacation". There really isn't a plot exactly, the point is just for everyone to have fun at the resort and interact. If you have a character you like to use for PRP's feel free to use one of their pokemon as your character for this RP.

If you have an idea for a habitat or fun area that I didn't mention feel free to add.
Also it would be nice to have a volunteer or two for the staff.Yoou wouldn't have to actually work, it would just be an extra route for some interaction.

I, for one, am interested in this idea. I like the prospect of not RPing as the Trainer commanding his PokeMon and working with those kind of relationships, but playing from a PokeMon's perspective.

Is there any real plot to this that you've thought of as of yet?

I haven't thought of much of a plot. I thought it would be fun just to let everyone interact with each other and go from there. But I was wondering wether I should consider adding some kind of event to it, like a summer festival or something.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
There really doesn't always need to be a plot in an RP. What's wrong with just making a character and interacting with others in a universe someone created?

I mean, yes, a plot might be interesting, and most of the RPs here have a plot/end in mind, but perhaps a more laid-back RP would be a nice change.

Just my thoughts.

I understand what you're saying, but to me conflict is what makes things interesting so even if its not a saving the world type plot, it would be nice to have some points of interest.

This actually sounds really interesting. I'm not sure I'll join, exactly, but I thought I'd let you know that I think it sounds like a good idea. I think that this is the type of RP that doesn't necessarily need a plot, this seems like more of a interaction fueled storyline.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Chadwyck said:
This actually sounds really interesting. I'm not sure I'll join, exactly, but I thought I'd let you know that I think it sounds like a good idea. I think that this is the type of RP that doesn't necessarily need a plot, this seems like more of a interaction fueled storyline.

Very true. All we need is a cast and a setting. Just like in real life, there doesn't need to be a conflict driving our daily lives or our vacations. Just have the Pokemon meet up and say "Hi, I'm so-and-so. What do you like doing? Do you want to do this with me?" And then we write the events out from our Pokemon's perspective.

Best part is people can jump in and out at their leisure. If real life gets in the way, the trainer can come back for their Pokemon or the Pokemon goes to a different area. For new people joining it's as easy as the trainer drops off their Pokemon or the Pokemon comes from one of the other sections. I could definitely get into this if it ever got off the ground. ~:)~

Status
Not open for further replies.