• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Weavile and others

Hello everyone! I've been working on one of my teams for D/P Wifi, and needed some second opinions for some of the members. So here goes.

Name: Weavile
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Max Attack, Max Speed
Item: Expert Belt (raises power of Supereffective hits)
Moves:
Blade Test
Ice Punch
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

A Sweeper at it's finest. With Max EVs and Adamant Nature, Weav can break 400 Atk. Expert belt is there to add more hurt, and Speed EVs make him even faster. I know some movesets for Weavile use Pursuit instead of Blade Test for opponent switching concerns, but whatever they switch into is gonna get a big dent unless it's name is Skarmory or Steelix.

Name: Crobat
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Max Hp, Max Attack
Item: ???
Moves:
Cross Poison/Poison Fang
Wing Attack/Fly
Feather Rest
Confuse Ray

What irks me about this guy is the fact that he's totally ineffective towards Steel Types. I really need HP Ground.....

Any Suggestions for the Item for Crobat? Any corrections/suggestions for movesets? All help would be greatly appreciated. ;D

hm... an item for crobat, what about black sludge? raises the hp of poison pokes.can crobat learn shadow ball? if it can it would help you with psychic pokemon.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Crobat
Nature:Adamant
Item: Black Sludge/Leftovers (I really don't know XD)
Moves:
-Cross Poison/Poison Fang
-Aerial Ace
-Bite/Faint Attack/Scissor Cross
-Confuse Ray/Steel Wing

Bite/Faint Attack would be better on Crobat instead of Shadow Ball, much better. They will deal with the Pyschics which Crobat's vulnurable to as well as any pesky Ghost types. Bite and Faint Attack are both equally powerful. Bite may casue flinching, but Faint Attack never misses. Scissor Cross is an option as well though. Its more powerful than the dark type moves and lets you take out psychics more easily.

You'd be ok with either Cross Poison or Poison Fang, its your choice really. Cross Poison is the more powerful move with a chance to poison and a high critical hit ratio, Poison Fang is the weaker attack with the chance to infect the foe with a more powerful poison. Plus these moves gain STAB as you should know.

Aerial Ace over Wing Attack, why? Aerial Ace may have the same attack power, BUT it never misses. Aerial Ace > Wing Attack. Though if you want Fly that's your choice I suppose.