• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Was my Game Glitched?

Okay, one day I was playing my Sapphire game on my GBA at one of my sister's football games. (She was a cheerleader.) I was Surfing and was just getting ready to go into battle with a swimmer girl when the screen turned white and nothing happened. I turned the switch off and back on, and when I went to play it again, a message popped up that said "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded." and it took me to the menu screen. That happened every time I tried to battle a Trainer, but it did stop. Was this a glitch or something?

P

Pikachu_Master

It may not be a glitch, but dirt trapped in your game: Always blow into your games whn you use them !

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, one day I was playing my Sapphire game on my GBA at one of my sister's football games. (She was a cheerleader.) I was Surfing and was just getting ready to go into battle with a swimmer girl when the screen turned white and nothing happened. I turned the switch off and back on, and when I went to play it again, a message popped up that said "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded." and it took me to the menu screen. That happened every time I tried to battle a Trainer, but it did stop. Was this a glitch or something?

That's not normal, whatever it was. Maybe it was just dust, but it very well could've been a glitch with your cartridge. If that's the case, there's not really much you can do about it but buy a new copy or grin and bear the glitchyness.

I think I know what happened. You might of slid the cartridge just barely in more or out more, when I adjested during gameplay and did that, it stopped. So I try to avoid doing that at any point of the game.