• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Verizon iPhone

iphone.jpg

Next month, the iPhone is coming to Verizon. My family has always had Verizon, and probably always will. My dad uses a Blackberry right now, and I'm not too found of it. Both my older siblings have the Droid, which yeah, are nice and all, but, I think the iPhone still has the spot as my choice of smartphone.

Which is why I was thrilled when I heard that the iPhone would be coming to Verizon next month. Hopefully, I'll be able to talk to my parents about getting one. More likely, however, I'll have to wait for our contract to renew in a year and a half :S

Anyone else planning on getting one, or switching to Verizon from ATT&T?

I guess I don't count since I'm on Sprint, but even if I were on Verizon, I wouldn't get an iPhone. After using Andriod for so long, I don't see any real advantage that the iPhone has over the others. Sure it can sync with your itunes playlist, but I like having a dedicated MP3 player. I also like the look and design of other Andriod devices such as the Evo on sprint and the Droid 2 and the Droid X on Verizon over the iphone.

I'm on Verizon, but I'll never get an iPhone. Apple is too closed with their products, especially iOS. Android is so much more open and customizable. Apple blocks apps from the App Store that shouldn't be. They say they're doing it for protecting the users, but some are because they want a monopoly. Google's Google Voice app wasn't approved for the longest time because Apple doesn't like Google. The day that the Beatles came on iTunes was great, but not because of the Beatles, but because the Google Voice app was approved. (Plus, anybody that wanted the Beatles on their iDevice already had it. XD )

I have an iPod Touch I recently just got for Christmas, but the main reason I wanted one was because there isn't a real alternative. A lot of people get the Touch for games, but mine's got the niche as a pocket computer. I play games, but I use it more to remote into my desktop, browse the web, or check email. I had it jailbroken, but until a non-tethered jailbreak is available, I won't again because it's sort of a hassle.

Cody said:
Which is why I was thrilled when I heard that the iPhone would be coming to Verizon next month. Hopefully, I'll be able to talk to my parents about getting one. More likely, however, I'll have to wait for our contract to renew in a year and a half :S

You're actually probably better off waiting - sort of. Assuming new iPhones will release on the same date on AT&T and Verizon, a new iPhone is most likely going to be announced this summer, like Apple's done every summer since the iPhone launched. By the time your contract is up, you'll be able to get the iPhone 6 or at least iPhone 5.

Note: I thrive on topics like this. I'm a huge technology person. XD

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I actually just upgraded the Verizon flip phone I got four years ago to a new Verizon flip phone just before Christmas so I really see no point in upgrading again. Maybe in another four years when this phone starts getting glitchy, I'll upgrade to something else, but most likely another flip phone. I guess I'm just a simple creature who only needs a phone to call/text people and take pictures of things I find interesting.